Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2005, 10:44 PM   #1
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot
Default FFR Radio (DJ Info & Schedule for 6/14-6/20 in 1st Post)

We need an official FFR Radio thread, because alot of info is being given out about the Radio, and it shouldn't just be on the main page. Alot of us have our homepage set directly to the forums (like me), and don't check the front page often (if ever).

So all information related to FFR Radio will be posted here. Also, any suggestions/commets about the Radio should be made here.

We at FFR Radio really only have 1 rule about the Radio:
DO NOT BE AN ASS TO THE DJS

What I mean is... the DJs are playing music for everyone out of the goodness of their hearts. They aren't being paid. They aren't getting anything back for doing it besides the enjoyment of doing it and knowing that people are getting to hear excellent music. As such, DO NOT say things like "this song sucks", "you're awful", "i can't stand this", "ugh, not this song", or anything else that is putting down what the DJ is playing, what they are saying, or their style of DJing. This will not be tolerated in any way shape or form, and will result in a forum warning for every time you do it. Doing it in the IRC chat will result in your immediate banning from the chat for the rest of the night. If you don't enjoy a song/set, mute the radio, turn the volume to zero, turn it off for a few minutes, get a snack, take a poo, or STFU.

Now, with that out of the way, we DO encourage you to give constructive criticism. We can only get better at DJing and playing music all of you want to hear through your help, so as long as you are giving us helpful advice in a respectful manner, we will be very happy.

To listen, click the FFR Radio Winamp (Hi) link on the left side of this page. This link may not work until the shows start.

To talk with the DJ and others during the shows, Get IRC! Go to www.mirc.com to get the client, then connect to the server irc.othersideirc.net (after picking a nickname, type "/server irc.othersideirc.net" into the main command bar) then join #ffrradio (two f's, two r's.) IRC radio chat is a great way to get involved with the community - the past few IRC chats have been unforgettably fun times.

Information about how to become a DJ on FFR Radio:

All of this is a work in progress, and is subject to change at any time

1. Contact Tasselfoot via PM or AIM or MSN

2. Most likely, I'll ask you to submit some sort of demo that includes the end of a song, you speaking, and the transition into the next song. So long as you aren't awful, you'll almost certainly be given the go-ahead to be on air. Note: you need to have been a member of this community for a decent period of time. More than anything, we need to have trust that you aren't going to do stupid things with the priviledge of radio access, and if you are a relative newcomer, we just don't know who you are well enough yet.

That is about it. I would like to get the radio up and running more than just 2 nights a week, so we have plenty of openings. You should also have ALOT of music, as people do not enjoy listening to the same 20-30 songs over and over again.

If you already have radio access, let me know when you would like to be on air and I will schedule it for you.

Lastly, for those who may question why I am doing this... I have tentative approval to do so from Synth.

Again, as this is still in its early stages of revival, I am likely missing some information. Just point it out to me.

Lastly, coming up this week (6/14-6/20) is:
Thursday - Tass from 9-1? doing Doubleshot Thursday.
Friday - Shox from 8-10
Saturday - DjRiDDeR from 8-10

We could use more people on this week still.

We are currently looking for many new DJs to be able to broadcast 7 nights a week!
Old 06-1-2005, 04:00 AM   #2
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean
Default RE: FFR Radio Is Back In Business

I can't figure out why, but it doesn't work for me at school. I install Winamp correctly and click the FFR Radio Winamp (Hi) link on the left and it says "ICY 401 Service Unavailable." Any help?
Old 06-1-2005, 05:26 AM   #3
Snapps
NO DOUBT GET LOUD
FFR Simfile Author

That is because nothing is playing right now.

The only thing playing would be the live DJ shows at the weekends.
Snapps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2005, 09:18 AM   #4
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Well I suppose it was foolish of me to assume that the auto DJ would be back too.

PS bring back the auto DJ. I loved listening to random DDR music and random FFR songs.
Old 06-1-2005, 09:58 AM   #5
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

Shox... get in touch with me on AIM. We're still basically going on a first-come first-serve DJing basis, but that will change within the next week or two as things become more stable and regular.

With any luck, we'll eventually be able to have DJs on 7 nights a week.
Old 06-1-2005, 11:01 AM   #6
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

Auto DJ probably won't be brought back
Old 06-1-2005, 07:15 PM   #7
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Lineup for Saturday: Snapps on from 8-10 (assuming he is available for those hours, have to check with him). Tass from 10 - whenever. I'll end my show whenever everyone wants to go, people stop sending in requests, or I get too tired to DJ (which is what happened 2 weeks ago ~3:30).
Old 06-1-2005, 07:43 PM   #8
Snapps
NO DOUBT GET LOUD
FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: RE: FFR Radio Is Back In Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot
Lineup for Saturday: Snapps on from 8-10 (assuming he is available for those hours, have to check with him). Tass from 10 - whenever. I'll end my show whenever everyone wants to go, people stop sending in requests, or I get too tired to DJ (which is what happened 2 weeks ago ~3:30).
I need to know though if that is eastern or pacific. I'm assuming its eastern.

So thats 5-7 PM for me. I still need to do a run through for about 5 minutes day before the show just incase my connections are horrible. I don't want a messed up radio show if it's my problem.
Snapps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2005, 02:59 AM   #9
sleeplessdragn
~Bang that beat Harder~
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default RE: Re: RE: FFR Radio Is Back In Business

Will the request shows be done the same way as on KoL, where songs are sent into the DJ's inbox, as opposed to hoping that the DJ has that tune?
Old 06-2-2005, 05:58 AM   #10
falconsfan14
Banned

Send a message via AIM to falconsfan14
Default Re: RE: FFR Radio Is Back In Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot
Tass, you wanted to go play world of warcraft . but ill be there for both shows if i can.
falconsfan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2005, 08:31 AM   #11
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

I don't play WoW. And, the way we've been doing requests is to either ask if we have it (chances are we don't... but, I had some songs that people wanted last time), or to send it to us through AIM or mIRC.
Old 06-2-2005, 12:05 PM   #12
hydrojakep
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to hydrojakep Send a message via AIM to hydrojakep Send a message via MSN to hydrojakep Send a message via Yahoo to hydrojakep

I can do it again like in a week or so. Last time was sorta expiramental for me, but now i got it all down and everything. I know the correct bitrates and everything now.

hydrojakep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2005, 12:19 PM   #13
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Hmm??? When were you on Hydro?
Old 06-2-2005, 02:07 PM   #14
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

Alright guys, i'm gonna be playing this friday night starting at 9, and going until I run out of music.

You can request a song by going here.

You can also send the song you want played to my email address if you don't think I have it, at FFR.Radio.Requests@gmail.com
Old 06-2-2005, 02:56 PM   #15
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

Can I request the new song that I am working on?
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2005, 03:31 PM   #16
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: RE: Re: RE: FFR Radio Is Back In Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewpinthethird
Can I request the new song that I am working on?
Absolutly! Just send it over!
Old 06-3-2005, 02:04 PM   #17
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Default RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: FFR Radio Is Back In Business

Great lineup for tomorrow (Saturday):

6-8 = DJ Ascent (Eyespewgreekfire) will be mixing a live set of Psychedelic Trance. He will kick the night off with a high energy bang. Unfortunately, he will not be in the IRC chatroom, becuase it caused problems during his last set, but you can contact him on AIM. Same name as his forum name.
8-10 = Snapps, whose set is still unknown, but will definately be good!
10-??? = Tass will be bringing home the Cheese (literally) along with all of your requests, so long as they aren't ANIME.

I will try and be in the mIRC chat from 5:30 til the end of the night. Remember kiddies... say not ill words of the DJ, or mine banhammer shall be mighty upon thine behind!
Old 06-4-2005, 08:05 PM   #18
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

Way to get yourself banned from the radio, Snapps.

I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Kilgamayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-4-2005, 08:33 PM   #19
mihok019
FFR Player

tasselfoot...hearing you sing "backstreet's back" made my night ^-^ the cheese covers were wonderful, keep up the great work.
mihok019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-4-2005, 08:38 PM   #20
PimpMasterDavid

Send a message via AIM to PimpMasterDavid

Wow, just listened to Tass sing backstreet boys......surprisingly arousing XD
PimpMasterDavid is offline   Reply With Quote