Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2003, 07:28 PM   #1
makaveli121212
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to makaveli121212
Default MISS SYSTEM

its been talked about before, but jesus, lets get it done...i dont care about new songs and contests and ffr radio...sure theyre nice and entertaining, and i know synth works hard, and he does a fine job, but prioritize man...the miss system is horrendous, and it needs to be taken care of before anything else...dont want to flame here, but its just how i feel
makaveli121212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 07:53 PM   #2
Synthlight
Administrator
Founder, System Administrator
AdministratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

makaveli,

Your suggestions would be considered if you actually suggested what to do about the miss system. You didn't describe what you would like changed. You only complained about the current system.

*confused*

Synthlight
Synthlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 08:21 PM   #3
makaveli121212
FFR Player

synth,

i have suggested before, as we all know of the old threads...i voted for the one with the offbeat misses not discontinuing your combo, but hurting your total score...i hope the reason the miss system hasnt been updated isnt because you cant decide what to do...is that it you havent decided yet...isnt this number 1 on the priority list, and people like me have been complaining about it since the beginning, but nothing has been done yet...is it indecision or is it that you dont have time...look synth youve been on my case for sometime and i dont know why, but id like an answer, what did i do

*confused*

Makaveli121212
Old 08-22-2003, 02:42 AM   #4
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to 87x Send a message via MSN to 87x Send a message via Yahoo to 87x

the only problem with the miss system is, is hitting the button whens there are no arrows on the screen and still getting a miss....which is easily solved if you didn't hit the button when no arrows where there.... the only other problem is that when two arrows are real close and you hit the first arrow in the middle like normal it counts that hit for the second arrow not the first so giving you a miss for the first arrow and since you were meaning for that pressing of the key to go to the first arrow... you instinctly hit it again creating another miss for yourself... which basically is a timing error...

RAVEnHEXa: Lip ring is because I want to be a professional piercer.
87x: more like.. professional goth.
87x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 03:46 AM   #5
Synthlight
Administrator
Founder, System Administrator
AdministratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Makaveli121212,

This is not #1 on the priority list

You have not been around since the beginning

I am not on your case for anything
Synthlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 12:20 PM   #6
makaveli121212
FFR Player

yeah you immediatly jumped on me for being a hacker, for god knows why

what is #1

and i know i wasnt here from the beginning, whats your point
Old 08-22-2003, 12:55 PM   #7
IAMTHEEVILBEAN
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to IAMTHEEVILBEAN

calm down markeveli...i think synth knows what he is doing
IAMTHEEVILBEAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 06:40 PM   #8
makaveli121212
FFR Player

i know he does, and i'm claming, i'm not bitching up a storm here, i just want to know what the deal is with the game
Old 08-22-2003, 07:29 PM   #9
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to 87x Send a message via MSN to 87x Send a message via Yahoo to 87x

ok... i talked to synth personally.. and i dont know if would mind telling everyone what we said... but the problem has been discussed and me brainstromed ways to solve to problem... so its being handled...

RAVEnHEXa: Lip ring is because I want to be a professional piercer.
87x: more like.. professional goth.
87x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 07:40 PM   #10
makaveli121212
FFR Player

you wanna PM me, i'd like to know whats goin on, even help if possible...i'm not trying to cause problems so everyone knows that, but i dont want to just make suggestions without doing anything...maybe thats all you want me to do, but i'd like to get more involved

EDIT* while people (especially mods) are acknowledging this thread, i'd like to state the obvious...the new songs are made by twohanders for twohanders...i play one handed, and i got a higher score on supergreenx the first time playing twohanded, than i ever did one handed...and the same goes with virus and waltz, and fotbb too...i'd like to see more songs by onehanders like hyro or me (i did one song, Beverly Hills Cop)
Old 09-9-2003, 11:19 PM   #11
FunkEMonkE
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveli121212
you wanna PM me, i'd like to know whats goin on, even help if possible...i'm not trying to cause problems so everyone knows that, but i dont want to just make suggestions without doing anything...maybe thats all you want me to do, but i'd like to get more involved

EDIT* while people (especially mods) are acknowledging this thread, i'd like to state the obvious...the new songs are made by twohanders for twohanders...i play one handed, and i got a higher score on supergreenx the first time playing twohanded, than i ever did one handed...and the same goes with virus and waltz, and fotbb too...i'd like to see more songs by onehanders like hyro or me (i did one song, Beverly Hills Cop)
yeah...I'm a one hander, now matter what...I just can't use 2 hands..It's just too uncomfortable...which is one of the reasons it took me so long to beat the FF7 song...man doing that with 1 hand is hard....
Old 09-9-2003, 11:44 PM   #12
Klaymen
FFR Player

Default Re: MISS SYSTEM

Quote:
its been talked about before, but jesus, lets get it done...i dont care about new songs and contests and ffr radio...sure theyre nice and entertaining, and i know synth works hard, and he does a fine job, but prioritize man...the miss system is horrendous, and it needs to be taken care of before anything else...dont want to flame here, but its just how i feel
if you don't like go play some other flash ddr sim with an online scoring system. oh wait, you can't because none exist. the only other attempt i have ever seen has been on newgrounds, so it obviously wasn't very good. so people, (not just makaveli) stop dissing ffr unless you know of something better! if you have a suggestion that would be good, but saying "i hate the scoring system, it sux" is not wanted!
Old 09-10-2003, 02:32 PM   #13
makaveli121212
FFR Player

actually klayturd, im not dissing ffr, and if you didnt know this is the suggestion forum....and guess what im suggesting something...and talk to 87x i gave him a list of new ideas...plus what do you mean saying stuff isnt wanted, who are you to decide? i hate these morons who revive old threads
Old 09-10-2003, 03:42 PM   #14
Klaymen
FFR Player

Quote:
actually klayturd, im not dissing ffr, and if you didnt know this is the suggestion forum....and guess what im suggesting something...and talk to 87x i gave him a list of new ideas...plus what do you mean saying stuff isnt wanted, who are you to decide? i hate these morons who revive old threads
well, i am not usually one to start a flame war, and i had no intention of insulting you, (if it sounded that way, it was because of no sleep). What i meant is, don't say something is bad without including a solution. Your avatar obviously fits you, you flamming moron. <---(that was for the klayturd remark)
Old 09-10-2003, 04:04 PM   #15
plasmix
FFR Player

Maka, why don't you try creating your own miss system with fags like you pressuring the creator?! GIVE IT TIME.
plasmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 07:50 PM   #16
makaveli121212
FFR Player

dude is 5 months enough, maybe not i dont know...and you fucktards dont no jack shit, i really worked with 87x, Pming so i could get my ideas across, so i didnt have fags like you blowing up...thats why this thread stopped abruptly...actualy 87x told me something only 4 people on these forums know, so its kinda secret, just to prove that my suggestions were legit and constuctive...and i aint pressuring anyone, i was merely curious when i could look froward to a new system, or if there would be one at all...oh and if my avatar did fit me, and i was homer simpson, i would be the happiest of all men, so i take that as a compliment
Old 09-10-2003, 09:26 PM   #17
Klaymen
FFR Player

all you ever say, is "i was talking to 87x" do you even know his name, since you are such great buddies? geez, i hate flame wars.
Old 09-10-2003, 09:30 PM   #18
SotN
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SotN

Dial 87x for sex!
Old 09-11-2003, 01:04 AM   #19
fallsincluded
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to fallsincluded

i think it would be best like real ddr, you can hit as many arrows as you want, and still hold the combo, the only way to miss is to not hit an arrow
the only problem with that, is there will be people, who will just hold down the arrows, and get a perfect score, i bet this will be circumvented tho. if we had hold arrows, that would be awsome, also, it would be nice if you could set up different keys, instead of just the arrows (say the num pad). i hope im not asking too much, but the closer this comes to ddr, the less money i will spend..... hehe

of course, since the combos can really go on for ever, we'd need alot more songs, that are alot harder, to the point where you couldnt move that fast, or even, est it up so you cac choose between the two, either missing allowed, or no missing allowed. that would be cool, the beginners would have there's and the pros would too
Old 09-11-2003, 01:49 PM   #20
makaveli121212
FFR Player

no i dont know 87x, and if you read my post, you would see PM, that means i Pm'ed him, you know, private message...and plus if i did say 'i was talking to john hoover' who would really know what i'm talking about...plus 87x and i arent real good buddies, you can tell from some past posts