Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default What is your guiding philosophy/how do you aim to live a healthy life?

We all suffer in our own ways -- how do you overcome your suffering and make a better life for yourself? Where are you now and what must you do to reach your goal?
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:58 AM   #2
Pseudo Enigma
ごめんなさい (/ω\)
FFR Veteran

Default Re: What is your guiding philosophy/how do you aim to live a healthy life?

I don't live by a philosophy. Personally I feel doomed to my life and prefer to see how much time I can kill before I feel depressed about it. You don't get anything from completing life, so why waste your time caring about it? -- pessimist inside me

Personally I feel that with the right amount of love in one's life you can get through just about anything. -- optimist in me
Pseudo Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:13 AM   #3
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Default Re: What is your guiding philosophy/how do you aim to live a healthy life?

I'm lazy. It made my relationship with my fiance better actually. A constantly tired, nagging, grouchy person isn't fun to be around.
I didn't have any sort of...ideological goals (all-ecompassing type things) for so long. I'm scared to set new ones. But I've been thinking a lot about having kids, and I guess my most immediate goal is to stay as healthy as possible because I'm not going to have kids until I feel I can look after them properly.
Been thinking about career and money some too, but I don't want to work and have young kids if I can help it. Therein madness lies.
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:30 AM   #4
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

After being single for over a year, I've been able to do what I want in life and take better care of myself. I've focused on better eating habits, exercise habits, and overall sleeping schedules.

I'm ready for life now.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:31 AM   #5
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
After being single for over a year, I've been able to do what I want in life and take better care of myself. I've focused on better eating habits, exercise habits, and overall sleeping schedules.

I'm ready for life now.
Just these small habits can change a life a lot.
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:40 AM   #6
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I don't know about making my life better but in general I usually follow a rule that the truth is always more important than being ignorant.

You could argue with that forever, but that is how I do things.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:41 AM   #7
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

i try to take time out of my life to look around and realize where i am what im doing and how im doing it. doing this every once in a while makes life worth living
Wayward Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:42 AM   #8
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Enigma View Post
You don't get anything from completing life, so why waste your time caring about it?
?
Crazyjayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:47 AM   #9
Hazelle
Let's GO.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Hazelle

I don't have a philosophy.
I just live? I mean, I try to work hard, be nice, and overall be happy. *shrug*
Hazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #10
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

My life goal is to get more healthy so I have more time to think about my real life goal. :monkey:

I already eat properly, I just need to add more activities/gym or whatever. I'm not too worried about it since I'm already losing weight, but it's something to consider once I graduate and say hello to work.

As for the guiding philosophy..

Take care of yourself so yourself can take care of you?
Do your best, it's going to be bad enough?

By "bad enough" I mean that it's unlikely that you will be perfect in your whole life. So, do what you can and it's going to be good enough.

Life is just a progression and since there's only one life, you want to optimize what you can (hello health/life decisions/time management/etc.) even if you know it's not going to be completely perfect. It doesn't matter if tomorrow I win olympics, get hit by a truck or snoozefest on a chair in a boring class. As long as I feel like I'm doing things right I can get away with life without worrying too much about it.

As for suffering, I got the come at me bro attitude. I failed computer science, went back to do some maths and came back to pick the harder computer science course even if I knew I was going to hit a brick wall and almost certainly fail again. ..and I'm actually raging, but I have to say that it was worth it so far. I made it past my old failing point and if I keep pulling miracles I may actually get away with it. I'm dependant of tutors, harassing teachers all the time, asking for help all the time, but I'm finally slowly filling that huge gap between me and the other students who seems to know everything. I don't even care if I mess up at the end, I actually finally started to want to learn and get better at what I like. I'm just lucky that the cost of education where I live is so low because I would be in trouble otherwise. The rest of my life was never a problem. I'm starting to not care anymore about failure and while it makes me look bad, I've been learning a lot more that way. Oops, another mylife..

Last edited by Hakulyte; 09-27-2012 at 11:59 AM..
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:38 PM   #11
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I'm actually raging
Story of my goddamn life. I don't feel like going into a huge wall of text rant on this though.
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #12
DarknessXoXLight
sonder
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to DarknessXoXLight

A very vivid imagination keeps the demons at bay. :') at least for me..
Old 09-27-2012, 07:56 PM   #13
moches
FFR Player

I don't really have a set philosophy, but I do believe in the importance of love. It can teach you almost everything that you will need in life.
moches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:35 PM   #14
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

Regardless of who makes me mad, I somehow find a way to forgive them, and move on. I don't live in a world of revenge, or hate. Also, joining an improv group really made me more of a lively person.

Now im not being egotistical, but I'm proud to say that I have been a great so far. It's great what connections you might make with people you are nice to.

Xiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:31 PM   #15
IIILUCKEYIII
FFR Player

A major philosophy for me is "Today it's you, tomorrow it's me." By that, I mean I will help anyone if I'm able to, not out of pity, but because it's the right thing to do and for all I know tomorrow I will be the one who needs help.

As far as living a healthy life goes, I eat well and work hard so I can provide for my family. That is enough to make me physically and mentally healthy.
IIILUCKEYIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:43 PM   #16
Emanresu13
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

i don't hate solipsism like OP ;P

i only have one rule, and that's to not hurt anyone/anything else

the details of life fluctuate too much to pin down. i generally do whatever i want while trying to follow my rule. as long as my kid is alright, so am i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post
^
Emanresu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #17
Poison-
Nope
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Just do what makes you happy.
Poison- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:16 PM   #18
Artic_counter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

My philosophy in life is to have fun. I don't aim at happiness. I aim at having fun for the little while I'm on earth.

Artic_counter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:48 PM   #19
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
We all suffer in our own ways -- how do you overcome your suffering and make a better life for yourself?
This is going to sound way worse than I intend it: but to me logically you suffer till you die, you pretty much spend your life trying to find the happiness and you try to go with it. I wouldn't argue that you are evading the sorrow or burring it, because despite your happy times you're gonna have an equal number of sad times to.

My worst issue is keeping my mind from wandering 9 million thoughts and directions at a time. I can't sit down and think about anything at one time, it's always done at random and done very small amounts at a time. I do things to distract my brain in a nutshell. A good day to me is a day where I can keep myself occupied without any effort or conscious thought of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
Where are you now and what must you do to reach your goal?
I'm not in the best place I guess. I'm in school, which I'm not fond of, I'm jobless, have no operating vehicle I can drive legally, and don't have many if any close friends anymore. Not sure where exactly I'd say I'm at. I have a relaxing life as is, but I know it's not a "proper" one I guess as my mother would word it. To the eyes of most, I'd be a loser I guess. But don't take this wrong, I know that I could certainly be in a worse place. I'm thankful I am in a place I am at rather than a lower one.

The first thing to reach the goal of a "happy" life is getting through school. When I finish this, everything else can fall into place a bit easier.

Also the thread title mentions a healthy life, so I'll throw this in as well: If by healthy you meant it literally as in the health of my body and mind, in terms of my body I really don't care that much. I'm going to eventually shutdown anyways, so when it happens it happens. I don't go out of my way to harm it, but I don't exactly take care of it either. In terms of mental health, honestly, I'm unsure.

But to answer the very first part, what kind of a philosophy I live by, I can't honestly answer it. I just live. Not exactly sure where that falls. Ideally I'd like to be able to find a "happiness" for myself I guess so lump that however you can.

Hopefully I wasn't to depressing or speaking random nonsense.

One more thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanresu13 View Post
i only have one rule, and that's to not hurt anyone/anything else
This is impossible. Someone is going to get hurt by you, even if you don't intend it. That is sadly how it is. You should try to consciously hurt the least amount of people possible rather than no one.

Don't take that the wrong way, at least you're trying to be in the right place.

Last edited by Xx{Midnight}xX; 09-30-2012 at 07:50 PM..
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-1-2012, 01:27 AM   #20
Emanresu13
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

oh i break my only rule enough that it's pretty embarrassing. i don't stress over it

slight tangent here

utilitarianism is nice, but not always the best answer, nor the one i want

if i had a choice between my kid or X number of people to die, i'd always pick the latter. idgaf if it's fair, right, or good. it's what i want. (there are a couple of exceptions under the right circumstances, let's not get too detailed k)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post
^

Last edited by Emanresu13; 10-1-2012 at 01:31 AM..
Emanresu13 is offline   Reply With Quote