Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 01:50 PM   #1
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Rain

So people are talking about Husigi being nearly a 13, but to me, Rain seems like by far the hardest FGO out there, and the only one without a AAA to my knowledge. It's like Winter Wind has 32nds, the streams are terrible. I love the song and want to play it, but I hate playing it to mash the 32nd streams through. They're at a speed I can move my fingers, but the patterns make my hands give out. Anyone have any tips on the song and just approaching streams like that in general? Bluearrowll has an absurd score on the song so I assume you don't have to be Dossar to PA the streams. Also, how is Choofers in D5 with a score like that? Jesus christ I can't do those streams without at least 100 boos and don't even want to talk about the averages...

EDIT: Even Rushy has a score I'll never touch, how do you guys DO this?
You're holding me down (Oh Oh)
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Filling me up with your rules (Oooh)
Old 12-30-2011, 02:03 PM   #2
Stage:
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Rain

Well, there's no ''cheating'' possible on this song, so I guess it's all about being able to read the streams, they're not that fast, it's just about being really concentrated...

To me, the trills can be annoying... but that's it

And the only tip I could give you is to practice your reading/speed ability, because that's all you need... and also most of the streams are just 1234 or 4321 etc, so it's pretty simple overall
Old 12-30-2011, 02:05 PM   #3
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stavie33 View Post
Even Rushy blah blah D6 elitist shit blah blah
thanks -.- That was a sightread btw, I could prolly clean it up some more.

Last edited by rushyrulz; 12-30-2011 at 02:07 PM..
Old 12-30-2011, 02:06 PM   #4
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Streams are only slightly faster than Reality, and the patterns are a little awkward for me but very easy to read. idk

Probably the reason for no AAAs yet is that it's long, and the best/most active players are still focused on the tournament.

Old 12-30-2011, 02:07 PM   #5
Stage:
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
thanks -.-
For once I wasn't mentioned haha :P
Old 12-30-2011, 02:08 PM   #6
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage: View Post
Well, there's no ''cheating'' possible on this song, so I guess it's all about being able to read the streams, they're not that fast, it's just about being really concentrated...

And the only tip I could give you is to practice your reading/speed ability, because that's all you need... and also most of the streams are just 1234 or 4321 etc, so it's pretty simple overall
I can read the streams fine, hell, I can read every file, even RATO clear as day, reading is what I'm good at. My fingers do not move like that however, and I don't know how everyone elses do. Its beginning to really, REALLY piss me off that I was put in D6 now because at first I'm like 'it's just a game no biggie I lost try better next year' even though they put me there because I can AAA the lowest FGO's that many D5 members are 2 goods away from me with, but now I notice that tons of people down to D4 have faster, and more accurate, fingers than me. I can't pull the scores on Higan tour that some D4 players, and nearly all the D5 players can. Many D5 players can do Pandora in ways I can't dream of. My fingers are very slow, but I have great reading ability, that's why I'm really good at technical files that aren't fast, but have brief bursts of difficulty. Case and point: Felsvelka. To me the song is a very low FMO, because it's VC with very minute bursts of difficulty, I can handle that. Purple Water? Can't FC without mashing. So I'm expected to deal with songs that involve extreme speed and density, and then watch as players that the community claims are less skilled than me, and that I'm being elitist, just destroy any score I'm capable of by light years. I'm just getting really frustrated at this game and I have no idea how everyone is so damn fast when I play this game 3 hours a day to work on speed. And before anyone says it, yes I play SM too. Either my computer sucks or I'm reaching my physical limits.
Turning me round (Oh Oh)

Last edited by stavie33; 12-30-2011 at 02:28 PM..
Old 12-30-2011, 02:31 PM   #7
Trogdor!!!!
Forever
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage: View Post
This. If anything the streams are actually the easiest part of the harder parts of the song.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:34 PM   #8
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
I love the song and want to play it, but I hate playing it to mash the 32nd streams through. They're at a speed I can move my fingers, but the patterns make my hands give out. Anyone have any tips on the song and just approaching streams like that in general?
Who says you have to mash through the 32nd streams? Just play for fun, not for the score. As for tips, work on your speed. I hardly have any speed but I don't care if I get a non-FC.

Quote:
Bluearrowll has an absurd score on the song so I assume you don't have to be Dossar to PA the streams. Also, how is Choofers in D5 with a score like that? Jesus christ I can't do those streams without at least 100 boos and don't even want to talk about the averages...

EDIT: Even Rushy has a score I'll never touch, how do you guys DO this?
Who cares what other people get? Scores are not an indicator of difficulty because they change over time. Difficulties have to be measured objectively to keep the difficulties consistent. The problem is, what are these objective factors?

And people do improve over time. At this rate, I won't be in the top 100, but do I even care now?
Old 12-30-2011, 02:36 PM   #9
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Rain is not harder than Jai, Husuigi, La Campanella, or WWE by far... stop complaining...
Old 12-30-2011, 02:37 PM   #10
Reshiram
The Vast White Note

Send a message via AIM to Reshiram Send a message via Yahoo to Reshiram Send a message via Skype™ to Reshiram

ITT stavie whines over not being able to FC a 12 so it has to be harder than Husigi

But if he AAAs it later it'll be an 11

PS: Rain is 5mins long, welcome to the world of stamina bro
Old 12-30-2011, 02:37 PM   #11
~Zeta~
Flag Master
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

haven't played it but it just seems like an longer/easier magical 8bit tour. comparing yourself to others either says you suck or they're just good at the song.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:41 PM   #12
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iironiic View Post
Who cares what other people get? Scores are not an indicator of difficulty because they change over time. Difficulties have to be measured objectively to keep the difficulties consistent. The problem is, what are these objective factors?
EDIT: I had this whiny post, now it's gone. So people think Rain is NOT harder than those songs. Great. I asked that in the song discussion thread like 4 days ago. Now it's been answered. I'll stop whining then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Zeta~ View Post
haven't played it but it just seems like an longer/easier magical 8bit tour. comparing yourself to others either says you suck or they're just good at the song.
I do suck, I really, really wish people would just tell me that, it would make my aggravation SO much easier to deal with. It feels like everyone knows every other competitive player is much better, but they say I'm good, almost mockingly to troll me. It's like there's a big joke and I'm the only one who's not in on it.
Turning me round (Oh Oh)

Last edited by stavie33; 12-30-2011 at 02:48 PM..
Old 12-30-2011, 02:43 PM   #13
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur

Is it possible to get something from stavie that isn't a complete wall of text ?_?
Can you at least break it into paragraphs?
Old 12-30-2011, 02:49 PM   #14
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I think Rain should be a 11. Really, the stream isn't even that fast, and there are plenty of other 11s with trills about that speed. Honestly, if you can't hit them, then you just suck at this game and should work on your speed. I don't even know why there's a debate, this song is really easy and the only difficulty at all is the length, which is probably why nobody's bothered to AAA yet.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:49 PM   #15
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX View Post
Is it possible to get something from stavie that isn't a complete wall of text ?_?
Can you at least break it into paragraphs?
I used to, but I realize the paragraphs just take up more room. And breaking my statements into multiple posts becomes spamming. I seem to be the only one on this site with more than a sentence to say on a subject, unless it's a song difficulty or stepchart discussion where TC occasionally matches me in length.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqwref View Post
I think Rain should be a 11. Honestly, the stream isn't even that fast, and there are plenty of other 11s with trills about that speed. Honestly, if you can't hit them, then you just suck at this game and should work on your speed.
Thank you. So now everyone knows I suck. Then can I be treated like I'm at that skill level so I can actually work on it appropriately? I just get so discouraged when I'm pushed above and through my skill ceiling so I can't get better, but everyone sees me ahead of my true skill. Even 2 years ago with Holy Orders, I was probably worse at this game then I am now. I'm done. I'll work on my speed, but now you guys know, I suck, so quit lumping me ahead of people that mop the floor with me, it really wants to make me quit the game. If we told a D2 player he was D4 material and laughed at him for saying otherwise because he had one VD AAA and one VC SDG, he'd be pretty discouraged too.
Turning me round (Oh Oh)

Last edited by stavie33; 12-30-2011 at 02:53 PM..
Old 12-30-2011, 02:51 PM   #16
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur

Quote:
I think Rain should be a 11. Really, the stream isn't even that fast, and there are plenty of other 11s with trills about that speed. Honestly, if you can't hit them, then you just suck at this game and should work on your speed. I don't even know why there's a debate, this song is really easy and the only difficulty at all is the length, which is probably why nobody's bothered to AAA yet.
I see what you did there
Old 12-30-2011, 02:51 PM   #17
Trogdor!!!!
Forever
FFR Veteran

Stavie: I can't play one FGO, I automatically ****ing suck at this game, nothing else matters. GG
Old 12-30-2011, 02:51 PM   #18
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
I do suck, I really, really wish people would just tell me that, it would make my aggravation SO much easier to deal with. It feels like everyone knows every other competitive player is much better, but they say I'm good, almost mockingly to troll me. It's like there's a big joke and I'm the only one who's not in on it.
Well objectively speaking, considering that a normal human being can't even FC a VC, you are definitely good at this game. People have this tendency to just let the top 1% of all people represent the entire site.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:57 PM   #19
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
I lol'd

Quote:
Thank you. So now everyone knows I suck. Then can I be treated like I'm at that skill level so I can actually work on it appropriately? I just get so discouraged when I'm pushed above and through my skill ceiling so I can't get better, but everyone sees me ahead of my true skill. Even 2 years ago with Holy Orders, I was probably worse at this game then I am now. I'm done. I'll work on my speed, but now you guys know, I suck, so quit lumping me ahead of people that mop the floor with me, it really wants to make me quit the game. If we told a D2 player he was D4 material and laughed at him for saying otherwise because he had one VD AAA and one VC SDG, he'd be pretty discouraged too.
I lol'd even harder when I saw stavie didn't recognize wat qq did thar.

Old 12-30-2011, 02:59 PM   #20
Emithith
FFR Player

inb4 FREEDOM DiVE being called a 13.
Closed Thread