Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2008, 10:00 AM   #1
XCV
has nice tits
FFR Veteran

Default Another noob question

Recently, I have unlocked several Skill Tokens and plan to keep on going. I have no problems getting lots of perfects on one song.

However, how do you get lots of goods/averages? This is mainly so I can unlock stuff like Spinning With You, Exotica, Emotions v2, Starman, etc.

Thanks in advance.

-XCV
XCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:08 AM   #2
DayMan951
yfwdbwdsb
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Another noob question

Hit your keys really early or really late. Your choice.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:15 AM   #3
kmay
Don't forget me
FFR Veteran

also you can try putting it on a speed mod u cant see very well which will make it harder to hit perfects.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:16 AM   #4
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

Autofail is good too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:34 AM   #5
Plan_Bsk81127
snooches
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Plan_Bsk81127 Send a message via Skype™ to Plan_Bsk81127

To get a lot of just goods, hit them late, you hit them lte and all you can get is goods. To get a lot of averages, just hit them really early, you might get some goods, but if you get the right timing you will get a lot of averages. For tokens like Spinning with You and Starman, you want to hit them late.
Plan_Bsk81127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:52 AM   #6
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 View Post
To get a lot of just goods, hit them late, you hit them lte and all you can get is goods. To get a lot of averages, just hit them really early, you might get some goods, but if you get the right timing you will get a lot of averages. For tokens like Spinning with You and Starman, you want to hit them late.
This.

Getting perfects is easy. Getting goods is difficult. Getting averages are hard. The frame looks like this:

miss
good
perfect
perfect
perfect
good
average
miss

So basically, avving is getting a good on a good. Getting the perfects are the easiest because they're on beat (usually =P) and they have 3 possible frames. With goods, you have to hit the arrow slightly offbeat either before or preferrably after with only 1 frame which makes it 3 times harder. With averages, you need to hit it early with just about no reference point, just hit it and hope you didn't hit it too early or too late. (which results, of course, in a miss or a good)

For this reason, a lot of people don't like the listed skill tokens and call them anti-skill tokens because they require you to do poorly on a song.

Last edited by rushyrulz; 12-13-2008 at 10:57 AM..
rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 11:16 AM   #7
DJ Stroodle
FFR Player

Anti-skill tokens? If you think about it though, they actually are properly titled as Skill Tokens, more or less because of what a lot of users have said about it already. It takes precise timing to nail "Good" and "Average" marks, making you a skilled player. Just my opinion though...

....alright, FINE! I'll just go back to being silent @_@

Old 12-13-2008, 12:34 PM   #8
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Yeah, that's what they were intended to be, but people didn't like the idea. It's kinda like taking an advanced math class, you're never going to use it. These skill tokens are like the advanced math class where you do it there, but you're never going to do it again after that. People liked skill tokens that required getting perfects instead of sucking on purpose.

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 01:11 PM   #9
Plan_Bsk81127
snooches

Send a message via AIM to Plan_Bsk81127 Send a message via Skype™ to Plan_Bsk81127

People need to buck up and not complain about these so called "Anti skill tokens". They are called skill tokens so you can use multiple skillz, not just do well on a song, to get the token. Just making them downright play the song and do good on it is not much of a challenge. I like the so called "anti skill tokens" because they are more challenging and fun to get. Plus you feel well accomplished once you get em.

But ya dude, like i and Rushy said, just hit them early for goods and averages, and late for goods. I like Rushy's list, good way of describing what we mean.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:56 PM   #10
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCV View Post
Recently, I have unlocked several Skill Tokens and plan to keep on going. I have no problems getting lots of perfects on one song.

However, how do you get lots of goods/averages? This is mainly so I can unlock stuff like Spinning With You, Exotica, Emotions v2, Starman, etc.

Thanks in advance.

-XCV
Figure out where the middle of the 'good' window is on your screen with your current speedmod by trial and error, then focus on that window until you have as many good as you need. You can relate it to the song too, i.e. to get a good I need to hit a 16th early or an 8th early or w/e, but if the music is actually distracting you can turn it off, don't forget
Same for averages
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png
Patashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 06:08 PM   #11
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm

Also, some skill tokens require strategic use of autofail, which is a feature that came out not too long ago that allows you to automatically exit a level if you get a certain number of perfects, goods, averages, misses or boos. Many people use this when they're trying to work towards a certain goal; for example, an SDG on a certain song (standing for "single digit goods"; less than 10 goods on an otherwise perfect run). Absolute Zero and Angel Stays on This Ground are two examples that come to mind.

Absolute Zero requires you to get a total score of 0 on the song Fahrenheit. This is easily doable with a little knowledge of the FFR scoring system and, in my case at least, some trial and error.

Angel Stays On This Ground, on the other hand, require you to hit all of the first 243 notes of Water Like Pudding perfectly, but somehow miraculously fail immediately after that. If you learn where the 243rd note is located in the song, it's somewhat easier to do, I think.

Good luck. (By the way, is it just me, or do these so-called anti-skill tokens require even MORE skill than the regular kind to obtain?)
igotrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 07:57 PM   #12
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

They actually do require a lot of skill, since you need to know exactly where the good/average window is, and it's a lot tighter than the perfect window

And in certain cases you need a running total of how many of each window you've hit so far, or a strategy to achieve exactly that number
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
Old 12-13-2008, 08:18 PM   #13
tha Guardians
MCDC 2011
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to tha Guardians Send a message via MSN to tha Guardians Send a message via Yahoo to tha Guardians

Quote:
People need to buck up and not complain about these so called "Anti skill tokens". They are called skill tokens so you can use multiple skillz, not just do well on a song, to get the token. Just making them downright play the song and do good on it is not much of a challenge. I like the so called "anti skill tokens" because they are more challenging and fun to get. Plus you feel well accomplished once you get em.

But ya dude, like i and Rushy said, just hit them early for goods and averages, and late for goods. I like Rushy's list, good way of describing what we mean.
I appreciate Starman a million times more getting 10 or less perfects than I would getting 10 or less goods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic-fast-fingers View Post
can someone clarrify what QFT means my friend told me its quit ****ing talking, but im not 100 percent sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
I need a car that drives itself completely automated and I want it for free and it needs infinite gas mileage.

Cheers,

Synthlight
tha Guardians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 08:24 PM   #14
Zybanthia
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotrhythm View Post
(By the way, is it just me, or do these so-called anti-skill tokens require even MORE skill than the regular kind to obtain?)
They don't require more skill, just different skill; a skill people aren't use to building. Plus, I'd say unlocking Oni takes more skill than just about any of them, and it's a "normal" skill token.

Getting plenty of goods is pretty easy, but getting averages is quite a bit harder. Not only is the timing window smaller, but you're forced to attempt to hit the arrow at a frame more distanced from the receptor arrows than when hitting goods, making it hard to tell exactly where the single average frame lies.
Zybanthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 08:33 PM   #15
Plan_Bsk81127
snooches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zybanthia View Post
They don't require more skill, just different skill; a skill people aren't use to building. Plus, I'd say unlocking Oni takes more skill than just about any of them, and it's a "normal" skill token.
All tokens are "Normal" tokens. There is no such thing as a real "anti skill token". That is just a word people who complain they are too hard and annoying for then to get because it is not a straight forward "Get a good score" token. And Oni does not take the most skill. Id say the hardest ones right now are Naraniopanda V2 and Disconnected Hardkore.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:03 PM   #16
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author

Nanoairopanda isn't as hard a chart as any FMO though.

The reason why so many people get oni is because it's a natural result of a progressing player; any FMO AAA will give you it while most other tokens require specific tasks that a person filling up their tier point list might not accomplish
Old 12-13-2008, 09:11 PM   #17
Zybanthia
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
All tokens are "Normal" tokens. There is no such thing as a real "anti skill token". That is just a word people who complain they are too hard and annoying for then to get because it is not a straight forward "Get a good score" token. And Oni does not take the most skill. Id say the hardest ones right now are Naraniopanda V2 and Disconnected Hardkore.
I know all tokens are "normal" tokens. That's why I used the quotation marks. I was trying to point out that calling a skill token anything other than a skill token is just a method generally used to differentiate between the types of skill you need to unlock the tokens.

As for Oni not taking the most "skill", define skill. What's hard for you may be easy for somebody else. FMOs are some of the hardest levels in the game; expecting absolute perfection on them is just about one of the hardest things you can expect. Like I said, "anti" skill tokens aren't harder to get - they only require a different skill. You may think the two you mentioned are harder now only because you haven't practiced the skill they require enough. Once you practice those individual skills though, you may decide they're actually pretty easy.
Zybanthia is offline   Reply With Quote