Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-7-2008, 03:34 PM   #21
danny53x
AKA Yotipo
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to danny53x
Default Re: OSTER Project 7 Part VOCALOID Lesson Translation

Thanks for the tut! Vocaloid looks confusing @__@
It's a lot more to it then I thought. The voice is so customizable!
Old 08-7-2008, 04:34 PM   #22
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Location: My own world. Miserable. Disgusting. Appalling. Pessimistic. Horrific. Terrible.
Send a message via AIM to Xx{Midday}xX Send a message via MSN to Xx{Midday}xX

It's not confusing. It's second nature. to me, it is anyway.

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)
Xx{Midday}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 04:05 PM   #23
E-lien
FFR Player

Awmann, so vocaloids can only be used for vocals? I thought maybe there'd be some options for instrumentals and the like @_@
So.. for all those cool original vocaloid compositions out there, did the composers perform all the instrumentals themselves/have a separate synthesizer or something?
And if so are there programs out there that'd provide piano/guitar/bass instrumentals compatible w/ vocaloid2 ? ;D;
E-lien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 04:07 PM   #24
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Location: My own world. Miserable. Disgusting. Appalling. Pessimistic. Horrific. Terrible.

You can use vocaloids for instrumentals. It just becomes a choral ensemble.

It's not about compatibility. It's about layering. You can layer any audio track with the vocal audio generated by the vocaloid. You just have to plan the entire music before creating it, so that you don't have to edit the bgm over and over again to fit the vocal or vice versa.

I use a separate program for audio layering. I don't know if vocaloids have a built-in layering function. Ask shiro.

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)
Old 09-2-2008, 12:17 AM   #25
zabuzafreak
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to zabuzafreak Send a message via MSN to zabuzafreak Send a message via Yahoo to zabuzafreak

Hi, I'm new to the forums (been playing the game for like 3 years or something) and I've been making music for about 4 years... but I have never heard anything about Vocaloid, until about ten minutes before I saw this thread in a sig.

Just a few noob questions...

Where do I get the editor? (I'm horrible at navigating Jap sites, as I can translate Kana to Romaji, but... I unfortunately have no idea what any Romaji means... lol.)

Where do I download voices, english and jap.

On a scale of 1-10 how hard are the editors to use? (I read the tut, but it makes it seem overcomplicated, a lot of the time, I read tut's like this, and I find out that you can actually simplify the process and still acheive great results)

Thanks in advance, and what an awesome job you did with the translation. I noticed a couple of gramatical errors, which I am sure is just the fact that some sentences do NOT turn out right when translated. Also... if the software isn't free... can someone pm me with a link to where they got it? Google gets old after a while >_<
zabuzafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-2-2008, 12:25 AM   #26
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Different vocaloids have different voices. The programmed voices are preset, and cannot be altered by additional recording.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vocaloid has a list of all the vocaloids and their languages.

first generation: http://www.vocaloid.com/en/index.html
second generation: http://www.crypton.co.jp/mp/pages/prod/vocaloid/

If you're not planning to buy, find a torrent. All over the place.

And I'm sure you have, but make sure you listen to them first. nicovideo and youtube have vocaloids all over the place. Obviously, nicovideo is more satiated.

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)
Old 09-2-2008, 02:01 AM   #27
sleeplessdragn
~Bang that beat Harder~
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabuzafreak View Post
On a scale of 1-10 how hard are the editors to use? (I read the tut, but it makes it seem overcomplicated, a lot of the time, I read tut's like this, and I find out that you can actually simplify the process and still acheive great results)
To just to get the thing to say something to certain notes, 1. To get the thing to sound EXCELLENT, 8.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:34 AM   #28
RuBBa_cHiKiN
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to RuBBa_cHiKiN

I've recently started learning how to use Vocaloid 2, and found out how to place my lyrics, mainly through sheer trial and error. My next vital step is to learn how to adjust parameters. I know how to edit the parameters themselves, but it was a matter of figuring out which does what. The explanation was very clear, and will definitely help me out in making my Vocaloid tracks sound a whole lot better. I guess this is also a bit of a self introduction, but mainly, I wanna give a big thanks for the great translation, and easily understandable explanations. I'm not really good at making music from scratch. I don't know how to properly use a synth program to actually produce anything. The main way I'm trying to learn Vocaloid 2 is by doing vocal covers for songs I can find instrumentals for. The song that I'm going to learn with is Lunarian, from Seto No Hanayome. Luckily, ReWire works with Acid Pro, which is a program that I'm quite familiar with, and have been using for years. While I haven't used the synth program that Acid Pro has, I have done a lot of editing of sounds and songs on it, mainly for games and various other uses. I'm currently using it to run the instrumental of Lunarian. I run the instrumental and the full tracks side by side, muting either one so I can easily switch between solo Miku, Miku and Runa together (Yes, I know it's "Lunar", but the subtitles and the pronunciations both say "Runa"), and occasionally when I really need a close listen, Miku herself with no background.

Here's my current simple setup:

Well, enough about me. Thanks for the awesome tutorial translation!

Last edited by RuBBa_cHiKiN; 06-20-2009 at 07:38 AM..
RuBBa_cHiKiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:31 PM   #29
Cherubi
Banned

great tutorial :P i might try and use this
Cherubi is offline   Reply With Quote