Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 09:11 PM   #41
Spyk
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Spyk Send a message via MSN to Spyk

What four year old could handle it, though? It's common frickin' sense. You you let your four year old on a real flight to Mars if he was allowed to go?
Spyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 09:35 PM   #42
osufan
FFR Player

I agree with dancingmaniac, that's the parent's fault, not Disney's.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:42 PM   #43
deltro300111
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to deltro300111 Send a message via MSN to deltro300111 Send a message via Yahoo to deltro300111

Quote:
Originally Posted by osufan
I agree with dancingmaniac, that's the parent's fault, not Disney's.
Wtf? Why is it that everything has to be blamed on someone?! This is no one's fault, can't we leave it at that?
Old 06-17-2005, 04:43 AM   #44
super-smashman
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to super-smashman

I don't know what planet you come from but when you put a slash with no spacing it means or.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:26 AM   #45
blade_of_grass
FFR Player

I think anyone could be hurt on that ride. My cousin who's 20 went on and threw up and he never get's sick on any rides. I guess it all depends on your body, like if you can stand being spun around and such. But I do blame bad parenting for this one.

I have a BMW. But only because BMW stands for Bob Marley and The Wailers, and not because I need an expensive car.
-Bob Marley
blade_of_grass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 06:41 AM   #46
rockinwithkiss
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to rockinwithkiss

I must say that I agree with deltro because sometimes accidents happen. Its not always someones fault and I think its funny that everyone blames the mother because she let her child go on. She may have thought that it was a safe enough ride for her child to go on and didnt think twice about sending a four year old onto a ride like that. That doesnt make her a bad parent, she just wanted her child to have fun, she didnt know that that would happen.

98% of American teens use or have tried pot. If you are part of the 2% that hasn\'t, put this in your profile.
rockinwithkiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 04:21 PM   #47
vashthestampede0987
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vashthestampede0987

Meh, I still think it's funny that the kid died from a ride that he really shouldn't of been on. Oh and this 2% of kids not having done pot shit is bs alright. Whoever made that up is full of shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
I hate myself.

Cheers,

Synthlight
xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me
vashthestampede0987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 07:33 PM   #48
osufan
FFR Player

They warn people about the things health problems can cause before you go on a ride. If you have a heart disease and you ride a rollercoaster and die, you're the f**king idiot, not disney or any other amusement park.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:07 PM   #49
zildjian133
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to zildjian133 Send a message via MSN to zildjian133 Send a message via Yahoo to zildjian133

Shit happens... One in six billion... Not too concerned...
Old 06-22-2005, 12:55 AM   #50
Hwoarang137X
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbrunnettemickey
These kind of things happen all the time. In splash mountain, there are no seat belts, and you have to go through 3 big waterfalls. There is a risk of flying out of you seat. I went on it, set in the first seat, and guess what? i survived.
Two people died on that ride, but you have to follow instructions, and not HOLD YOUR HANDS UP, while going down the waterfall.
If it was possible to fly out of that ride when you go down the waterfalls, they would have restraints. There hasn't been a time I've ridden Splash Mountain that I didn't have my hands way the heck up in the air, and I haven't so much as left my seat. The people who die on log flume rides are the ones who panic and try to escape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zildjian133
(#$% happens... One in six billion... Not too concerned...
That's a little cold. I understand what you mean, but still, it's a little boy dying at Disney World.

Anyways, my take is this. For one, height limits are so you can fit in the restraints. Weight limits would be useless because weight has little to do with what happens to you on a ride. Age is too variable: there are 80 year olds who could outrun, outlift, AND outsmart me, and there are 25 year olds who break something when they stub their toe on a doorframe. Things like excessively long hair should be a common sense thing.

This was a mistake. It wasn't Disney's fault, and it wasn't the mother's fault. Like zildjian said, shit happens. People get killed by the tons by getting struck by lightning, crossing the street, and staring at a computer monitor until their muscles are too weak to get them to food. Just about anything could kill you, and most of the time it's just dumb, crappy luck over anything else. If a ride crashed because of a faulty whatever and everybody was killed, it was Disney's fault. If the mother was presented with big, obvious signs that said "FOUR YEAR OLDS SHOULD NOT GO ON THIS RIDE", then it was her fault. I don't know how obvious or specific the warning signs were, but from my perspective, this was all an accident. We should all feel bad for the mother's loss, but this shouldn't serve as grounds to sue or rewrite legislature.
Hwoarang137X is offline   Reply With Quote