Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 12:53 PM   #601
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179
Default Re: First Official FFR StepCon

I forget all of the files, but here it goes.

Blackout (listed 1-10)

icontrolyourworld
megamon88
eastsideman09
alloyus
DossarLX ODI
femanic
gameboy42690
VisD
Silvuh
sticklydude

Still Blastin' (listed 1-10)

TC_Halogen
SKG_Scintill
omega_grunt666
Guest15937
FFR Pro 21
ssbmchamp
noname219
chez-the-guy
Klosethy
omgfail
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
Old 10-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #602
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

You got 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
Old 10-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #603
chiliman93
I FUCKING LOVE CAKE
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to chiliman93 Send a message via Yahoo to chiliman93 Send a message via Skype™ to chiliman93

I think the question was asked&answered, but I don't remember what was the answer and I'm lazy to make a search.

does the Winner gets the title of "FFR Stepfile author" and can post other songs to be reviewed&posted on the game?

I'm aksing because I would love to, and I don't have a single idea how it works.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #604
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

From this you get the title IF it's good enough for ffr. There will be a winner for each division, but it still needs to be up to ffr standards.

As for stepping other songs for the game, anyone can do that. If you don't have any in game, you can send two per batch. Look in the submissions forum for more information.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #605
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliman93 View Post
I think the question was asked&answered, but I don't remember what was the answer and I'm lazy to make a search.

does the Winner gets the title of "FFR Stepfile author" and can post other songs to be reviewed&posted on the game?

I'm aksing because I would love to, and I don't have a single idea how it works.
You can submit charts to the batch even if you aren't a simfile author. I would assume that we are giving the title to the winner here (I don't actually have control over that) because you would have a file in game if you won.
Quote:
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:

Quote:
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
Old 10-28-2012, 02:32 PM   #606
piffy
FFR Player

Ok time to make half-assed guesses

Blackout
Silvuh
megamon88
gameboy42690
alloyus
icontrolyourworld
eastsideman09
sticklydude
femanic
DossarLX ODI
VisD

Still Blastin'
omgfail
omega_grunt666
SKG_Scintill
noname219
Guest15937
TC_Halogen
FFR Pro 21
ssbmchamp
Klosethy
chez-the-guy
Old 10-28-2012, 02:45 PM   #607
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Piffy you got 2 as well, so we have a tie right now.

A few of the judges did take the time to make quicknotes on files. Since you guys can see the files now anyway I'll post them up for you.

BLACKOUT

1 - what i would expect people to do. vocal and snare/kick as jumps

2 - hella dope cut though i could tell when it happened because of listening to the original before. ending was a bit much id say tone that down some but the jack usage everywhere else was dope

3 - enjoyed the simplicity of this file. you missed a 16th note after that super slow down section.

4 -this cut wouldve been better if it was a little longer. the file felt really short and you also have some 16ths that dont go to anything or emphasize anything

5 - out of all the files ive played so far this is the weakest one. pattern choice andjack usage especially in the beginning is mediocre and bad

6 - steps were nice. colour usage was bad. why would you just add 48th note to the first ding sound but not the second? its weird and while playing it makes no sense. the 24th notes you add are going to the stop in music where there is no sound and plays weirdly

7 - hey there icy. or icy copy cat. while the js played fine it didnt fit the song at all lol.

8 - nice idea for an easy file bad execution. this cut while short played fine

9 - bad jack usage nice js patterns also liked your colour usage for the hands i'll give you that

10 - notes were early by a 24th lol what gives. why did you add jump to the first couple synth notes but completely ignore the rest and leave it as just strem?? hand usage was bleh. why would you add hands to the beginning of a fade in. liked this file as an idea for an easy file compared to the rest but this also had bad execution

STILL BLASTIN'

1 - file wouldve been mroe enjoyable had the js been executed better.

2 - **** your colour usage for the love of god on ffr two different colours on the same beat plays and looks like shit. adding jumps to the melody only is dumb

3 - what do those 32nds go to lol. way to ruin a file everything else played fine but those 32nds completely ruin it.

4 - i get it its an easy file. layer more

5 - this file is all over the place in terms of ideas. this file plays like a frankenstien file just different files put together into one noncohesive file

6 - some of those 32nd bursts are gay (32nd trill to roll lol come on now) cut the song this is the best file ive played so far. the 32nds, 192nd accent notes and the long song ruin it for me

8 - this is an good easy file just cut the intro to like 5 seconds or something because its too long even if this file doesnt win id like to see this in game as a v2.

10 - best cut out of all of them. proper use of accent notes that doesnt make the file play like garbage.

*Since 7 & 9 were submission errors I omitted them from the reviews.

Blackout
--------
#1:
- jumps on emphasized sounds as opposed to layering sounds, and on other times jumps strictly to lyrics; works fine in some places, could be better in others
- generalized 24th roll
- minor minijack errors (consistent)
- some minor misrhythms
- really didn't like the last bit of the song with triplet 16ths (they're actually all 16ths, and they're pretty boring and repetitive)
- overall pretty fun, nice length, jumps to lyrics far too strictly though
#2:
- like the cut even more than #1, and has a neat section omitted in #1
- jacks are mostly appropriate, and at this BPM, quite doable. However, there are still far too many of them, and the long left/right arrow jacks are a bit more unreasonable. Ending is a bit ridiculous.
- overall has a better cut, with accurate jacks, but its downfall is the overusage of those jacks
#3:
- intro not stepped
- first half of song much more straightforward and simple than #1,2
- one tricky jack to 32nd roll transition that isn't very great
- bridge of song is really empty in steps; also, wtf colors? If it was color theory, then it sure didn't work
- song also shares the triplet 16ths issue like #1, but also has some misinterpreted jumps too
- overall more reasonable than #2, but pretty meh/some misinterpreted steps later on
#4:
- really disliked the cut
- steps were pretty reasonable
- jacks were probably used the most reasonably out of everything I played so far
- hi-hats were stepped the most correctly so far
- did I mention I really disliked the cut?
- overall reasonably stepped (nothing spectacular though), but the cut sucked!!
#5:
- like #1, relies a bit too much on the lyrics for jumps
- unlike #1, has an awesome part of the song like #2 did
- layered very well on the streamy sections
- 32nds come off the jack in a non-awkward way unlike #3
- a few parts with unwarranted jumps (should be single arrows)
- overall a better version of #1,2, and 3. yus
#6:
- intro not stepped
- color theory is not very effective, not a fan of it
- jacks in the chorus used correctly
- 24th bursts should be 32nds
- inconsistent stepping in first chorus and later on
- dislike the way some parts of the song were cut
- overall mediocre with ineffective colored arrows and inconsistencies, not a fan of the song cuts
#7:
- interesting cut, managed to avoid the rather uneventful bridge of the song
- I completely understand the layering and pattern usage, but it's far too strict to be comparatively fun to the other entries. Too many jacks, especially long ones. Lots of hands going to strict layering.
- small amount of color theory used well
- jumpstreams before the choruses are inconsistent
- overall far too technical due to overusage of jacks and hands
#8:
- nice and short cut; appropriate but also leaves out interesting potential
- the simplest file so far, which is perfectly fine, but there are still glaring inconsistencies or errors in stepping (missing sounds but more importantly inconsistent stepping)
- in a normal batch, I would give this a higher score, but for this contest, only one file goes in, so I would prefer a file that explores the song in greater detail
#9:
- cut's fine
- some pretty wtf color bursts
- color theory makes sense but can be a bit confusing with the first encounter as yellow hands
- suffers the same long-jack layering that #7 does
- near the end layers in a dense manner like #7 as well
- jumpstreams before the choruses are inconsistent (synth to lyrics)
- overall can't say this is any better than #7.
#10:
- way too underlayered in the main sections, then all of a sudden, inconsistent 16th streams
- lots of misrhythms, partial/incomplete layering, and random unintentional jacks
- patterns oversimplified in parts (e.g. 1234321234321 staircase 16ths)
- overall, probably the most amateurish file...

Still Blastin'
--------------
#1:
- PR at beginning is not bad
- too many anchors in some places, particularly up arrows
- reasonable jumpstreams
- missed a potential for a quick 24th burst
- overusage of 16th triplets results in a bit more monotonous, albeit consistent, file
- first quad not warranted, other ones good though
- overall, pretty decent, but triplet overusage and up arrow anchors are noticeable
#2:
- a slightly more savory cut
- color theory to accent main melody starts off fine, but then it becomes clear that it's used throughout the whole song...no
- beginning is fine, but then the rest of the song is highly underlayered and oversimplified as jumps to pretty much any melody being stepped to
- overall, a file with 80% jumps to simple melodies with overusage of color theory is not ideal to me
#3:
- overstepped to the max
- cut's probably my favorite so far though
- intro and ending are even a bit much for how quiet they are (hands???)
- most of the song is monotonous 16th jump/handstream with 32nd blips and little break in between.
- overall, this sucked
#4:
- intro and ending 16ths = wut
- starts off reasonable with 16th stream, but then proceeds to be a wholly understepped song with single arrows to the melody for the most part - results in a highly inconsistent difficulty
- honest attempt at PR in some parts
- random down arrow jack somewhere in the middle
- overall, far too underlayered and wastes so much potential
#5:
- minijacks are irksome, but I later discover a far greater problem
- first half of song is pretty monotonous 8th streams or plain 16th streams, with little structure for layering
- but then it gets crazier with longer jacks that's just outrageous
- then a 32nd/24th run in the middle that's a bit questionable
- then later on the 16th streams are layered more
- overall, I thought more highly of this file until I played further into it. Then it just went crashing down.
#6:
- intro is stepped fine...hands seem unwarranted though
- the breakbeat sections throughout the song, particularly in the first half, play nicely but I don't quite understand some patterns
- 16th streams more often than not went to the background 16ths and didn't really do much to acknowledge the main melody
- 32nd to jack transition near beginning a bit weird
- 32nd pattern halfway through is quite yuck
- 24th section is very PR but not very palatable pattern-wise
- some parts of the song feel comparatively underlayered and should be busier
- overall, not a bad file, but has a variety of small issues that add up
#8:
- cut seems a bit short to me
- this is a perfectly good file for an easier chart, but unfortunately for this contest alone, I'd prefer a file that explores the song to a fuller potential
- overall, good easy file, but not the most appropriate for this contest
#10:
- I've heard of better cuts, but this is fine (some of my favorite parts are missing)
- color theory is used reasonably
- a few missing arrows here and there, but nothing too serious
- close in quality to #1 but a bit higher

Within Life
-----------
#1:
- file flows well
- there seems to be a number of very quiet or ghost 16ths that almost seem like filler notes; should just focus on the main sounds of the song
- bursts were handled relatively well, although some may feel a bit inaccurate
- overall, a well-rounded file
#2:
- amateurish stepping but appears to be an honest attempt
- far too many generalizations and errors in following the music and lyrics
- some parts, such as the second chorus, seems to be blanketed with a bunch of 24th streams or 32nds that don't make sense
- overall, stepper needs to just practice at listening to the music better
#3:
- overusage of some patterns, namely [14]234[14] and its variants
- generalization of lyrics with nothing more than 16ths - need to use more colored arrows
- some patterns are really anchored with repetitive patterns such as [23][23]3232323
- ending rolls are too abrasive compared to the rest of the file
- overall, stepper has a generally decent understanding of the song, but stepping needs quite a bit of polishing
#4:
- 24th jacks at the beginning were meh, but it's doable
- thought the rolls for the smoother-sounding buzzes were excessive, yet they played pretty smoothly
- choruses were stepped at the correct rhythms, but I thought there were too many jumps/hands for how emphasized the sounds were
- the bridge with isolated single 4th arrows was a bit too empty
- overall stepped pretty well, and flowed well too
#5:
- chorus stepped even better than #4, although there were a few questionable single arrows that seem to be filler
- some jumps smushed between a number of fast rolls may be confusing but overall playable
- in the middle there's a roll pattern that switches direction (123414321) and creates a tight right-arrow jack; didn't like this pattern
- didn't think the end of the song needed rolls
- overall, as a whole played even better than #4, but evens out due to a few bad patterns here and there
#6:
- a cut for this song, finally...although this cut skipped some pretty cool parts of the song
- intro is stepped pretty loosely, bleh
- not enough layering through the song, but the problem seems to be more of generalizing lyrics with just 16ths; doesn't seem to be stepped wholly accurately
- 32nd trill into a jump creating a minijack = no
- overall, not bad, but mediocre steps; also not a fan of the cut (despite being the first one of this group)
#7:
- steps begin at a weird part of the intro; intro's relatively empty
- wtf is with all of the dumpy colorful bursts that seem to plop everywhere throughout the chart
- also a couple of unintentional minijacks from bad 32nd patterns
- too many unwarranted quads starting around halfway through the file
- everything else plays relatively fine as it follows the song
- overall, the highlight of this chart are clumps of colorful arrows that make no sense or is the worst usage of color theory ever
#8:
- 24th jacks at the beginning were meh, but it's doable
- 64th roll 1/3rd through song pretty tight
- some bursts halfway through the song were awkward (13241324) or could cause framer problems (123412343214321)
- fast trill around aformentioned area not the best idea either
- choruses were stepped great
- overall, pretty good, but a number of bursts were not placed in very strategic ways
#9:
- whoa, creative cut that fades in at the very beginning, and captures that interesting bit in the middle of the song
- the stuttered sounds in the middle were generalized with 32nds, but not a big deal
- overall, stepped the best so far AND the song is cut in the most beneficial/economical way possible
#10:
- song fades halfway through after the interesting middle bit...bad way to cut this song
- plays quite reasonably, although for some reason, the steps become skimpier after the first chorus
- missing some 32nds to stuttering in the first half
- in the second half, the stuttering is almost entirely generalized as 16ths jacks - not a very effective way of representing those stutters
- the choruses were offsync in stepping; it should be mainly 4ths and 16ths, but instead I get 8th jumps wtf
- overall, plays generally well, but choruses aren't stepped well, stutters are overgeneralized as anchor jacks, and more importantly, the song ends halfway through without a satisfying conclusion
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Old 10-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #608
sticklydude
r.i.p. tiny hippo
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to sticklydude

Urrrrrrrrrrrrg so hard to tell which one mine is T_____T

Or maybe I'm dumb and the numbers are what they are on the engine
Old 10-28-2012, 02:59 PM   #609
VisD
FFR Simfile Author

hoho. I presume the artists of each file will be revealed w/ the results?

Old 10-28-2012, 02:59 PM   #610
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

well, mine was were it was in the engine, so probably yeah.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-28-2012, 03:02 PM   #611
Tristana
Banned

my file getting -3355325/10s

gg !1!!
Old 10-28-2012, 03:04 PM   #612
sticklydude
r.i.p. tiny hippo
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to sticklydude

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindreper1179 View Post
well, mine was were it was in the engine, so probably yeah.
Now im sad u__u
Old 10-28-2012, 03:12 PM   #613
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Yes the simauthors will be revealed once I have the final judgements. I was hoping more people would take a guess at who's is who's though.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Old 10-28-2012, 03:13 PM   #614
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticklydude View Post
Now im sad u__u
You and me both. ;_;
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-28-2012, 04:28 PM   #615
TC_Halogen
Rhythm game specialist.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TC_Halogen Send a message via Skype™ to TC_Halogen

Blackout 1:
- chart seems overly layered; it's hard to tell different things apart (see: 5.944, where vocals and snare/clap are both jumps, but the vocals are considerably easier to pay attention to, for example) - this is more of an accenting issue and not a structural issue
- chart actually begins to drag because of very similar structure throughout
- song cut is noticeably abrupt

Blackout 2:
- offset is quite a bit off
- 7.984/11.886 (etc): not following the first set of mini-jacks (also: not following why they are both on the same arrow), and even so, the thing that is being followed in the second set is barely audible; this happens throughout the chart and just does not work
- lots of accidental minijacks in the first melody that bridges the verse and the chorus
- smart idea for a cut, but not executed properly as the chop is poorly placed
- jacks are a bit extreme
- even more heavily layered than the previous submission, ESPECIALLY at the end

Blackout 3:
- the breaks in the streams that bridge the verse and chorus are very strange
- excellent song cut; no noticeable choppiness
- very colorful break!
- while I do comprehend the pattern choices from 58.634 to 85.952, there are a lot of repeated taps for reasons that aren't quite discernible, other than the fact that there's some wonky pattern placement. The jump placement in this area is understandable, and certainly a different approach, though
- difficulty takes a pretty sharp ramp near the end

Blackout 4:
- while I don't have an issue with the start point of the cut, I have an issue with the end point; really arbitrary place to stop and as a result, the song is really short
- with the missing step at 6.063/9.966, I am somewhat questioning the structure
- 15.332 to 30.941: makes sense, but seems heavy because of the steps that are being followed by percussion
- 42.649: not a fan of the percussion suddenly disappearing

Blackout 5:
- 2.166 to 6.068: mini-jack placement isn't quite all correct there
- 21.678 to 29.483/60.703 to 67.044/other areas sporadically through the chart: dual focus between the vocals and the other jumps makes this area very heavy
- 67.532: while your layering holds true to vocals being represented as jumps, having no percussion (a major momentum/energy drop) and still trying to keep a broken jumpstream with the synthesized melody just looks wrong

Blackout 6:
- the cuts in this song make uneven phrase lengths, which is incredibly glaring
- color manipulation in this chart is kinda nice
- the structure in this chart is downright strange in some spots; areas consistently switch focus in and out of different instruments for no understandable reason... there seems to be some sort of consistency behind the madness, but I'm not getting it entirely

Blackout 7:
- heaviest layered chart by far, and not all of it looks good
- the only chart so far to (correctly) NOT use 7 notes for the repetition in the melody
- chart is a mess of direct layering and doesn't look enjoyable in the slightest

Blackout 8:
- song cut is alright, a bit short though
- while the chart is aiming to be a bit easier, there are a few areas where I wish there was some more pattern deviation/relevance
- chart isn't overly challenging, and actually doesn't make an attempt to do so, which is a refreshing change

Blackout 9:
- intro is slightly off in terms of accenting
- liking the accenting for the stand-out lyrics
- 26.967: missing jump for clap/snare?
- 35.991/75.016: jump stands out like a sore thumb; what is it for and why is it a jump here and not other spots?
- 43.064: while I'm not a fan of the jacks, it certainly is better than the submissions that went out to repeat 8 notes to follow this particular instrument
- 53.552: missing note, but it's a bit more glaring because it seemed like these were all filled in just a few seconds ago
- 82.089: and there's the jacks.
- following the bass that shoots itself into the song on top of the vocals and clap at the end makes the ending considerably more congested than it has to be
- lots of minor issue, nothing major

Blackout 10:
- first step is 77 milliseconds off. That's more than two perfect frames on FFR.
- the file gives the appearance of an easier difficulty, then the player gets assaulted with 16th jumpstream after barely having any sort of layered 16ths to begin with. The difficulty throughout this file is extremely inconsistent.
- the structure is also constantly changing in a way that keeps the difficulty inconsistent - in addition to this, there are a mess of accidental situations like random jumps in the second bridge prior to the second melody, or accident mini-jacks where the song cut is
- triples to the vocals after the second chorus?

======================
Within Life 1:
- introduction is missing a few notes for lyrics
- lots of mini-jacks that don't quite fit with anything
- there are a lot of ghost-taps in this chart that really don't go with anything in the song, and again, a lot of these force mini-jacks that don't have a reason for them
- half-BPM in the chorus areas doesn't work for me; they're just as energetic as the previous areas

Within Life 2:
- this chart suffers from inconsistencies from start to finish, unfortunately...
- the rhythms throughout the chart are constantly incorrect
- the streams in the chorus areas don't follow anything at all
- the more relaxed bridges between verses/choruses (intro and before the glitchy verse) are also incorrect in terms of rhythms
- you obviously show the signs of being a new step-artist; take the time to use tools like the assist tick and line your steps up accordingly! It helps to realize how specific step notations work.

Within Life 3:
- only focusing on the piano in the intro (and incidentally, only using L/R jumps during this) is very uninteresting
- the first verse uses jumps in appropriate spots; however - there are nothing but L/R and D/U jumps, and therefore, this chart suffers from massive pattern repetition
- chorus has a lot of extra steps, even background instruments like percussion or the power guitar don't land on 4ths/8ths
- lots of mini-jacks that seem accidental; patterns could be tweaked quite a bit
- structure never really seems consistent
- the second verse with all of the glitchy vocal samples needs to be reworked to be more playable/fun - there's a lot of repeated patterns all over the place
- pieces of the chorus are copy/pasted, that's a no-no in slightly longer songs

Within Life 4:
- the 48th rolls for the heavy overtoning/buzzing is an interesting take
- indirect following of the vocals happens to work nicely in your chart
- triples for the snares seem a bit much in the chorus areas
- also, in the chorus, you happen to be missing representation for the snares before cymbal crashes, as well as having certain cymbal crashes as triples and others as not; regardless of being intentional or not, it is somewhat glaring
- I am fond of the BPM cut to make the bursts in the glitchy vocals more "colorful", so definitely a nice touch for me
- patterns throughout this chart are pretty nicely crafted

Within Life 5:
- chorus areas have a few extra taps (they might follow percussion instruments, but they are so far in the background and it's incredibly distracting)
- patterns in the glitchy areas could use some improvement
- not a fan of the 48ths at the end

Within Life 6:
- the triplet roll pattern starts quite a bit early
- consolidating everything that isn't accented to single taps doesn't quite work - it makes the chart appear to be inconsistent; in addition to this, it doesn't entirely seem like you're going for an easier chart
- quite a few ghost taps, not all of the steps in the chart go to something in the music
- 42.625/52.225 (etc): not sure what these are
- 67.150: 32nd note mini-jack, that's not good
- cut is nicely done

Within Life 7:
- arbitrary starting position
- what's with the 3-note 48th bursts?
- the large amount of white note accenting makes the chart convoluted
- 26.725: not a fan of this mini-jack (it occurs later, too)
- chorus areas have a few extra taps
- the break before the verse with the glitchy area is all white notes, but why? Is there any reason that you would want to accent this as white notes when the other notes aren't accented in the same manner?
- 124.225: snares are a very heavy accent and don't have an arbitary rhythm like this burst portrays
- layering is strange overall

Within Life 8:
- little bit of a rhythmic mix-up in the intro
- 20.425/(etc): while I don't have an issue with the accenting, the way that you structured it will end up quite sloppy on conversion
- 31.825: why did you accent the higher pitch overtone but not the lower one (see: 33.025)?
- good cut!
- nasty pattern in one of the bursts during the glitchy voice sampling (83.475)

Within Life 9:
- why did you fade out the first half of the intro?
- cut is very noticeable, as you can still hear the previous sound channel fading out as your current one fades in
- while the glitchy area stands out in the song (and in this cut as well), the lack of accurate representation somewhat hurts the structure to me, especially after seeing the really harsh snare accent is represented as 32nds like the vocals
- in addition to this, your structure has inconsistent accenting in the glitchy vocal area, as there are a missing triples for cymbals (you have these in certain spots as well)
- audio manipulation killed this for me because it was not executed properly

Within Life 10:
- sync is WAY off (50 milliseconds?)
- chorus is incorrectly represented in terms of rhythm
- strange structure, layering/rhythms never seems consistent
- poor cut

Old 10-28-2012, 04:37 PM   #616
NeoMasterPie
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post

Blackout 2:
- smart idea for a cut

Blackout 3:
- excellent song cut; no noticeable choppiness
- very colorful break!

Blackout 6:
- color manipulation in this chart is kinda nice

Blackout 7:
- the only chart so far to (correctly) NOT use 7 notes for the repetition in the melody

Blackout 8:
- song cut is alright
- chart isn't overly challenging, and actually doesn't make an attempt to do so, which is a refreshing change

Blackout 9:
- liking the accenting for the stand-out lyrics
- 43.064: while I'm not a fan of the jacks, it certainly is better than the submissions that went out to repeat 8 notes to follow this particular instrument

======================

Within Life 2:
- you obviously show the signs of being a new step-artist; take the time to use tools like the assist tick and line your steps up accordingly! It helps to realize how specific step notations work.

Within Life 4:
- the 48th rolls for the heavy overtoning/buzzing is an interesting take
- indirect following of the vocals happens to work nicely in your chart
- I am fond of the BPM cut to make the bursts in the glitchy vocals more "colorful", so definitely a nice touch for me
- patterns throughout this chart are pretty nicely crafted

Within Life 6:
- cut is nicely done

Within Life 8:
- good cut!

here are all of the positive comments on AJ's reviews, for your encouragement (or not)

Old 10-28-2012, 07:50 PM   #617
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

We managed to finally figure out the submission issue with Still Blastin' 7 it's up on the engine so check it out and give some feedback.

Also, I have the results :3
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Old 10-28-2012, 07:54 PM   #618
Razor
Dan "Razor" Devilz
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

yay :3
3rd: Retro City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choofers
I play Stepmania, so I know everything about media formats.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:00 PM   #619
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

First I suppose I will reveal who stepped what since it seems that no one really wants to guess

Blackout

1 - alloyus
2 - eastsideman09
3 - gameboy42690
4 - icontrolyourworld
5 - Megamon88
6 - Silvuh
7 - Sticklydude
8 - DossarLX ODI
9 - VisD
10 - femanic

Still Blastin'

1 - chez-the-guy
2 - omgfail
3 - FFR Pro21
4 - Guest15937
5 - Klosethy
6 - noname219
7 - ssbmchamp
8 - SKG_Scintill
9 - omega_grunt666
10 - TC_Halogen

Within Life

1 - Chillman93
2 - Devilstefan666
3 - Mahjix
4 - mi40
5 - NeoMasterPie
6 - Piffy
7 - Zephei
8 - yo man im awesome
9 - Wayward Vagabond
10 - blindreper1179
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Old 10-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #620
noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to noname219

Quote:
10 - TC_Halogen
I knew it!

EDIT : Does that mean we're gonna know the results tonight?

Last edited by noname219; 10-28-2012 at 08:19 PM..
Closed Thread