Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-4-2013, 09:52 AM   #1
Doug31
Falcon Paaaauuuunch!!!!!!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Doug31
Default Anyone want to play Kid Icarus: Uprising?

Friend Code 2793 - 1278 - 0199 Please post yours and what time you'd like to play with me if you're interested. If you're good we can face each other, and if not, we can still beat the AIs really badly, or you can try to beat me anyway.

If you want to face me, I want at least Brawler Claws, Gemini Orbitars, Eyetrack Oribtars, Evasion, Celestial Firework, Atlus Club, Ninja Palm, and Predator Cannon banned. I don't care how many other things you want added to the ban list as long as it includes those lol (but you can't ban some gargantuanly long list of things). I would recommend either this list, or this list plus slip shot, aries armor, and all the weapons I marked with a "+" in the spoiler tag, though. If you want to face AIs then use whatever it doesn't really matter since we probably just win anyways.

I only play Light versus Dark I think Free For All is very limited in terms of good strategies with any ban list. Certain weapons are just way too much better than others and tbh the only weapons you should ever use in free for all are on the short list I mentioned earlier.

To spice things up, the first person that can beat me at either 1v1 or 3v3 where we each have 2 bots on our team gets 10,000 credits. All options have to be on default. And you can try as many matches as you want unless my battery runs out, but I doubt anyone will be that persistent if they've already lost that many times.

Reasons for bans:

Evasion is so stupid. Even against Gemini Orbitars, you can keep dodging continuously and neither get hit, nor run out of stamina. You can easily stall until the Gemini user runs out of powers and then is at a disadvantage. Celestial Firework works similarly. The game is definitely made with power use intended and doesn't work in a very fun way without them. Not to mention that evasion and celestial firework have no good counters. During the continuous evades you are just completely invincible with evasion +4. I don't like this.

But, with evasion out, I demand that the weapons that can't be dealt with properly without evasion also be out. Geminis are completely unavoidable without celestial firework or evasion, and have such strong last second fast break homing that they're nearly impossible to cancel if used correctly. Similar problems with Eyetracks, Predator, and Atlus, although those at least there's some hope of cancelling, but still very lame to fight and only certain weapons can cancel them effectively at all, and the rest just lose with nothing useful they can do at all. Brawler Claws are the ultimate melee weapon assuming your opponent doesn't lag you into not being able to melee combo. They have shot cancellation 3 with standing cont. fire which fires so rapidly they can cancel almost everything, the best running speed, best stamina, and almost best walking speed of any weapon in the game. They can kill in one melee combo even with only 4 melee stars and melee combo +4, which isn't really all that much value worth. Their drawback? None! They're just that much better than other melee weapons in almost every respect. As for Ninja Palm, it has some of the best standing charge shots in the game, if not the best, along with the best walking speed. These can easily find themselves hitting like crazy and yet still very hard to hit. With walking speed +4, lightweight, bumblebee, and full health boost +6, most weapons have almost no chance of hitting against this. Ninja Palm really has almost no drawback at all assuming they can't use Gemini Orbitars.

The best weapons left with my ban list:
Melee weapons:
+Taurus Arm - Very high melee damage and melee attack range, and good shot cancellation with dash charge shots.

Samurai Blade - Similar to Taurus Arm but very high melee attack speed that's very good at winning clashes. Although short melee combo attack range (by the standards of weapons you want to melee combo with anyway). Very good against other melee weapons.

Raptor Claws - A pretty much inferior Brawler Claws in almost every way but a microscopic amount higher damage, and still useable since it's not much inferior to the brawler claws except in terms of shot cancellation. Still arguably better than Taurus Arm due to noticeably better speed.

Viridi Claws - Not sure if this should even be on the list, but if you don't have any of the aforementioned ones, this might be a good bet. It must have 6 melee stars and melee combo +4 to not be horrible, but then it can function a lot like raptors but with added paralysis if it doesn't kill them.

Ranged weapons:
+Angel Bow: The weapon that can engulf your enemy in pink dragons. With the right setup this can kill at pretty good range pretty reliably in one hit with little drawback as long as no enemy gets close to you. Usually very bad at close range, but if they can't find you it's an almost automatic win for your team.

+Viridi Palm: One of the best dash cont. fire weapons that has very high damage and very high homing. Only real drawback is relatively short range. With the right setup this thing is ridiculous at short range though and is very hard to combat with most weapons if they let it get close.

+Aurum Blade: Similar to Viridi Palm but higher damage and range but less homing. IMO the homing is actually more useful since you can aim at enemy shots to cancel them and with good aiming you can still hit enemies anyway so I find this thing to be ridiculously useful and even better than Viridi Palm, but most people don't even have this on the same tier as Viridi Palm. They probably just can't aim it accurately enough to realize how good of a weapon this is. And a lot of its attacks other than dash cont. fire are at least slightly nonhorrible.

+Magnus Club: Shortest range of any weapon but one of the most ridiculous at short range. With full-health boost +6, standing charge shot +4, and 6 ranged stars, it can kill in one hit with standing charge shots that have high shot cancellation and an unbelieably high repeat rate so that it can cancel shots at long range and overwhelms almost any weapon almost immediately once it's in range and they're doomed. But not all that fast and it can be hard to get into range and fast opponents can sometimes get away even if you do get in range. Can also be made for dash charge shots which can easily kill in one hit even without full health boost, but they fire a lot less rapidly than the standing charge shots.

+Pudgy Palm: Another underrated weapon that can quickly overwhelm with very high repeat rate charge shots with good homing. This is more of a balanced weapon with relatively few drawbacks, too. Can also defend itself with high shot cancellation back dash charge shots.

+Divine Bow: Another weapon that barely anyone seems to realize the greatness of, with very good shot cancellation that can overwhelm with relative ease. Though hard to use, if used correctly, it's very hard for a lot of weapons to get past this thing.

+Capricorn Club: A famous for standing charge shots. They fire very rapidly and are very powerful at short range.

Fairy Orbitars: Just disgustingly annoying weapon that fires charge shots almost constantly and they confuse so if they hit even a couple times whoever is getting hit by them is in very big trouble.

+Compact Arm: Very fast firing standing cont. fire weapon that's pretty much the overwhelming favorite standing cont. fire weapon in together mode. Almost no weaknesses unless multiple opponents gang up on it at once, but even that can be stopped by playing dead or a reflect barrier.

Aurum Orbitars: Very good all its ranged attacks, and the only competition for compact arm's standing cont. fire, although a lot less good at knockback and cancelling enemy shots. Dash charge shots are some of the very best that can be avoided. Better at long range. Can also defend itself with high shot cancellation back dash charge shots.

Centurion Orbitars: More of the very best dash charge shots that are avoidable, although better at close range. Can also defend itself with high shot cancellation back dash charge shots.

Midnight Palm: The best shot cancellation and one of the highest damage palms although not the fastest firing. Can easily be made to be used like a Viridi Palm or Pudgy Palm and still not much less effective. If you like using both dash cont. fire and dash charge shots it could sometimes even be more effective. I've also noticed with this thing if you get a happy trigger and then just walk while mashing L it's just murder, even without a standing charge shot mod.

Guardian Orbitars: The unrivaled best shot cancellation in the game, and once within range still does good damage. A very good weapon for those that want to play defensively. Although assume your allies will never take advantage of the defense it can provide them which is really sad since it's so useful.

There may be some other good weapons I just didn't think of to mention since this is all just off the top of my head, but I think I covered all the good ones, but if you have something I didn't mention and think it's good, it very well might be, but it's probably pretty much just worse than something I did mention. If you want to beat me I highly recommend you make one of the weapons that I mentioned.
Old 08-4-2013, 12:35 PM   #2
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Anyone want to play Kid Icarus: Uprising?

That's a long OP

Does anyone else play this game on FFR?

TheSaxRunner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-4-2013, 12:37 PM   #3
HalfStep
Can't AAA anything
FFR Veteran

No items, fox only, final destination

4th Official Tournament - D1 34th Place
5th Official Tournament - D3 Last Place
8th Official Tournament - D3 3rd Place
TSR's Summer Golf Tournament - D4 2nd Place
FFR Multiplayer Tournament 2013 - D5 12th Place
YoshL's Tournament of Mediocrity - 2nd Place
TSR's Rates Tournament - Standard 2nd Place
DRG's Team Tournament - Intermediate 1st Place
9th Official FFR Tournament - D5 35th Place

HalfStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-4-2013, 12:41 PM   #4
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

fuck that gotta do pichu dittos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-4-2013, 09:15 PM   #5
Doug31
Falcon Paaaauuuunch!!!!!!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Doug31

Really no one on here plays this game? But it's so good. It's like Smash Bros. in 3D with fewer characters but still more options. Directed by Sakurai, too. If you like Smash Bros. and have a 3DS you should at least try this game. It is the best 3DS game.
Old 08-4-2013, 09:18 PM   #6
Fluvs
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I played it when it came out
Old 08-5-2013, 12:20 AM   #7
DragonIIDX
Not dragon, but dinosaur
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to DragonIIDX

I did play it when it first came out, but I don't know... I just didn't really get into it I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clasko1000 View Post
banned for having an affair with peach
Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
d-guy and d-guy skype pals 10/15/13
Simfiles Updated 11/30/13
DragonIIDX is offline   Reply With Quote