Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2022, 03:24 PM   #11
trumaestro
I don't get no respect
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Song Corrections Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
This is the right thread for it.

[Explicit] tag is reserved for songs that contain swearing or lyrics that are 18+. Since this song contains no lyrics, it might be a little bit hard to push for an [Explicit] tag here unless people think it should extend to suggestive sounds. Slashmaid notably falls within this same group.
The explicit tag is woefully under-utilized and not an ideal solution. More ideal imo would be like the Legacy genre but that's a separate discussion.

It does make sense to expand its use to include suggestive audio like in Snacky Happiness or Slashmaid or Manhattan Lover etc. That'd be in line with the "PG-13" level the site has always maintained.

Labelling every necessary song with an explicit tag represents a pretty major project. It's been brought up a few times in the past (most recently was probably here). It'd be nice to see but not urgently needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
I would want more community input on 'Legend of Zelda Remix' and 'SuperMario 8bit Eighties Remix' before seeing them changed.

Again, same reason as seeking change on Molto Vivace. These are already Legacy songs hidden from the public. Changing their names will drastically change how players will find said songs, and internet indexing of said songs (incl. google searching). For some Legacy songs, FFR is the only place to have said song. If most of you that care to give feedback on this agree with a change, I'm down for it, just things that should be cautiously thought about.
FFR should still align its credit with whatever the artist has intended re:title. I don't really buy the fact that they're legacy files as a reason to keep them incorrectly attributed. Zelda and 8bit Eighties are good to change to, as T-Force brought up.

For Molto, you can maybe compromise by renaming it "Transcendental Etude No. 2 (Molto Vivace)" if others feel it's important to keep the "Molto Vivace." But to me that seems clunky. I think a rename to "Transcendental Etude No. 2" is fine. The fact that it's in the legacy genre is enough for folks to find it.
trumaestro is offline   Reply With Quote