Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events > Tournaments
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2008, 11:47 PM   #1
gnr61
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to gnr61
Thumbs up gnr61's FFR Invitational

Been planning this for some time now, and I thought I'd start this before the Official Tournament took over everything. So here it is:

GNR61's FFR Invitational Event
Welcome to the gnr's invitation-only FFR Master's tournament. I will be sending out PM invitations to those on a list of select, highly skilled players of this game to participate in this tournament. By making this a masters-only tournament, I won't have to worry about lower divisions, wide prize-payout distributions, or qualifying based on level stats. Those invited are determined at my discretion, based on my knowledge of the players' skill level. Note that those invited will be those whom I know are still at least somewhat active (or may come out of inactivity) AND who have reached a certain level of accomplishment FFR. This is not based on Tier Points or Level Ranks, but rather moreso on individual scores.

Current Standings

[color="blue"]gameboy
Hecto
Laggy
behanjc
Hammy
Fantasticone
omgitznpv
Destiny
HighAndr0id
Izzy
samtorx
Loot You
Big Boss
Phynx

How it's goin' down
Scoring for this tournament will be based off of PRE-TOTAL score, meaning the score you receive before combo factors in. As you know this takes into account the weight of misses on your score without rendering it void because you lost your combo. To post a score, simply post a screenshot in this thread and I will record it. I know all of you, and most of your scores, so of course I will know if you try to post an old score or cheat in some way...I don't expect any kind of problems with that, but if it happens for some reason, you will of course be disqualified.

The number of rounds and eliminations per round will vary depending on the number of participants that respond, but I'll be aiming for 5 or 6 rounds of about 3 days in length. This is all subject to change based on popular demand or scheduling issues on my part.

I'm aiming to start Round 1 by the end of next week, but I will of course wait until I've heard from almost everyone.

Song difficulty for this tournament will go like this (based on 6 rounds):

Low For Masters Only
High For Masters Only
High For Masters Only
Low For Gurus Only
Mid For Gurus Only
High For Gurus Only (hmmmmmm lol)

The difficulty of the songs, although I mostly agree with the difficulty listings thread, will be determined by MYSELF based on difficulty of getting a PRE-TOTAL score for the song. This may affect, for example, something like Crowdpleaser which is difficult to combo, but not to PA.

So post in this thread if you're up for it, and I'll blue your name on the list.

And guys, the original plan was to sell spots to the public in return for donations but apparently that's against the rules =_=;
But if you still feel like you should have been invited, please do let me know.

Current Prize Pot:
gnr61: 50,000
Loot: 127,000
total: 177,000

1st: pending
2nd: pending
3rd: pending
lol math

ROUND 2 HAS BEGUN
This Round:
Play Piano Etude [Gymnastics] AND Piano Etude [Demon Fire]

Round 2 will end Wednesday May 34th at 8:00 PM EST
Post screenshots for BOTH songs and your pre-total scores will be added up to make your final score. Not all rounds will have 2 songs, but may have other additions to keep the flow of eliminations.

Last edited by gnr61; 05-30-2008 at 10:05 PM..