Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2015, 03:23 AM   #1
Hateandhatred
"The Quebec Steparatist."
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default The story of a Quebec DDR illuminated

So there's this 40+ years old guy that comes to my workplace. He pretends to be a famous professional dancer, and charges 5000$ for a performance. He hands people business cards saying he's going to conquer the world.

What's really going on is that the guy picked up DDR and decided he was a prodigy at it, and had to make a career out of his godly dancing skills.

So now he tries to dance off cameras at any given chance (he appeared on local TV dancing in the background after Quebec City was eliminated from the Vanier playoffs, for example), he also records himself daily on DDR machines (which he cannot do anymore due to legal problems with recording people in the background) and in busier areas (such as in front of the Frontenac castle). He also go on cruises a couple times a year to dance in front of everyone during buffets, hoping to strike a deal. The list goes on.

This is not a post to make a fun of this man, just to clarify that. But... This guy exists, and... yeah, but...

... I don't know guys, maybe you know better:

I tried to ninja record him at my workplace once, it failed miserably.

Last edited by Hateandhatred; 02-18-2015 at 03:25 AM.. Reason: He might find this post and throw a fit at my workplace if I keep this there since I linked his video, not taking a chance.
Hateandhatred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 03:50 AM   #2
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: The story of a Quebec DDR illuminated

That's a pretty cool idea to exploit. I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually find some contract or opportunities to make it out. Probably not as a DDR player, but as a professional dancer. At first I was like "why?", but after sitting back for a second and checking where it can go, it makes sense to try what he's doing.

ps: lol 5000$.

Last edited by Hakulyte; 02-18-2015 at 12:27 PM..
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 03:54 AM   #3
ItsOnlyDanO
Stuck in the past

lmao, this guy is the definition of deluded. Someone just needs to tell him straight, heck someone should just play him at DDR, he's probably not very good judging by the video (who plays DDR side on to the screen?)

I browsed his channel and there's a great video of him doing this, and people are just watching him thinking 'wtf are you doing', just skip to about 0:30 and enjoy

edit: $5000 for a dance, wat. I don't know what he's actually aiming for with this, DDR freestyles or just dance practice. If he's trying to freestyle then its not great, maybe he should try doing something other than standing in the same spot during a song. If he's trying to improve his dancing, then I guess its a good idea to try and incorporate DDR into it but I don't think its going to work for him. He'll just end up with a reputation with Quebec for being 'that dancing guy'

Last edited by ItsOnlyDanO; 02-18-2015 at 03:59 AM.. Reason: Didn't want to seem like I was just insulting the guy.
ItsOnlyDanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 04:11 AM   #4
Hateandhatred
"The Quebec Steparatist."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsOnlyDanO View Post
lmao, this guy is the definition of deluded. Someone just needs to tell him straight, heck someone should just play him at DDR, he's probably not very good judging by the video (who plays DDR side on to the screen?)
People have told him, people have destroyed him at pad play too. He himself states that he's not even trying to hit the notes correctly, he however thinks the arrow represent the actual steps you have to do in order to dance correctly, but that the timing is up for personal interpretation (I don't get the logic either, don't worry).

As far as telling him, every single person that meets him does, or so. He's been kicked from bars (he punches people that get in the way of his dancing LOL), his camera has been taken away from him, and he just shrugs it off saying they are all jealous. I don't think deluded is even a correct term here.

... But at the same time, why exactly should anyone tell him? He's not complaining about not being succesful, in fact he's quite happy about what he's doing. He dropped almost a hundred kilos doing this whole thing, and aside from him punching people in bar, he's kinda innocent. So he's that one weird fucker that pays his taxes like everyone, and I don't personnally feel a need to get in his way... It's just that it's hard to take seriously.

Last edited by Hateandhatred; 02-18-2015 at 04:12 AM..
Hateandhatred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:08 AM   #5
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

every description of the man you guys are coming up with right now reminds me of my brother's friend.

Most of it is just ignorance to the average opinion.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 02-18-2015 at 10:09 AM..
gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote