Old 06-22-2023, 12:28 PM   #21
samurai7694
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Your gaming achievements

-"Perfect tourney" for the 8th official FFR Tournament
-Completed a Left 4 Dead 2 campaign on Expert Realism
-Completed Modern Warfare 1-3 on Veteran difficulty
-Earned 3 stars on all 200cc main cups in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
-Cleared The Unending Coil of Bahamut Ultimate (FFXIV) just 2 months after patch release (not to mention having to replace a lot of raid members in the progress)

Not necessarily a game achievement, but I feel some pride in raiding with tons of notable players in FFXIV. A handful of friends I've made and raided with would become World First groups. I felt confident as a tank and healer and the thrill of doing savage/ultimate raids still remains, but I just don't have the time for any of that anymore.
Old 06-23-2023, 08:12 AM   #22
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Server first max level on my 'New World' server after launch was a rush (Me & a 'friend' started the game about 6-8 hours late and did not participate in the Beta so we did not know what we were doing, odds were stacked against us but we still were the top group on the server).

besides that, really just my achievements / accomplishments on FFR here are ones that I look up to.

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 10:02 AM   #23
the sun fan
FFR Player

FCed Free Bird on Expert in Guitar Hero 2 (my score is horrible though because I didn't know the path).
Had a few first place scores in rock band across different instruments. Some were tied and some were untied.

Quest Cape in Runescape at 85 combat back when 85 combat was the lowest possible level (aka centuries ago)
Maxed an ironman in Old School Runescape, quest cape and achievement cape but no inferno cape like rushy has unfortunately.

More of an irl thing, but I lost 60 pounds largely to learning DDR (put it all back on since though : * ) )

Can consistently beat Civ 5 and Civ 6 on Diety.

Rented F-Zero GX as a child and beat it before we had to return the game. Did not learn about the game's reputation as very difficult until much later in life.

If werewolf counts (I'd argue it doesn't) then I'd have to write an essay, but in short, I think I was at the bottom of the rabbit hole, digging it deeper for others to follow if they wished.

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

Last edited by the sun fan; 06-23-2023 at 10:04 AM..
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 09:02 PM   #24
flashflash account
FFR Player

I completed the fromsoft PS4 infinity gauntlet
all trophies for
Dark Souls
Dark Souls 2 (SotFS)
Dark Souls 3
Bloodborne
Sekiro
Elden Ring

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
flashflash account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 09:58 PM   #25
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

- Unlocked every driver video in F-Zero GX (involves beating a Cup on Master level with that driver, and some of them are locked behind some tricky requirements).

- Beating Snowboard Kids with the slowest racer in the game (shoutouts Nancy).

- 100% completion on The World Ends With You (which took around.. 223 hours?).

- THPS1+2 Remake has a speedrun mode where you have to get every level's goal in as fast as possible.
I've done Hangar in <80 seconds, and School II in <100.

- Scarhand.
T-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 10:09 PM   #26
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

I on yeah I also 100% kung du chaos on the original Xbox as well as Wario Ware Inc on GBA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2023, 03:12 PM   #27
_choof
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

raided in some of the top na guilds in rift
competent at heroic and mythic in wow
sold enough items on the dumb diablo 3 real money auction house to buy a computer
but honestly my only gaming achievement I take pride in is continuing to make content for stepmania
_choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2023, 04:35 PM   #28
evanescence_death4ever
where'sTHEdrain?!
FFR Veteran

it ain't much but I have a 6min36sec map 1 Pogostuck run D: (was pretty proud of this before I stopped playing so hmm)

(first clear was over 115 hours ~ I cried when I cleared lol - was extremely excited, probably the most excited I've been playing a game...ever? Pretty sure I was proud of myself for persevering <--- I think the initial clear was more of a source of *wow I'm proud of myself I kept going* rather than my current run time)

also...Maybe that time I passed OceanLab Megamix? (ITG 15 with 15 straight minutes of 140bpm 16ths~) Not really sure I'd describe that as feeling proud though hmmm (might just be too far in the past, can't remember ~ can't play 15's these days so it feels kinda meh).

"Life is always downhill, everyone is heading towards death every day. It's up to you to look for the hills you can climb up instead
Or something
I just made that up but it sounds good" ~alloyus~

Last edited by evanescence_death4ever; 06-24-2023 at 04:39 PM..
evanescence_death4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2023, 08:33 PM   #29
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I finished the main part of Celeste, which if anyone knows anything about me, is an actual like "how?" I still die on the first level of Mario constantly.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 09:56 AM   #30
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Good stuff all around ^^ Thanks for sharing these
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 12:40 PM   #31
benny58624
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Old School Runescape
I got a good ironman account (gamemode where you can't trade with other players), for example I was the 4th ironman that got an Elysian spirit shield which was considered the best item at the time.
Mostly known for creating and spreading simple but strong God Wars Dungeon bosses solo methods, which I developed offline by using my game knowledge.
More recently, I did Quest Speedrunning, and got the Global Best time on most quests (there isn't much competition though). My favourite speedrun quest is Ernest the Chicken, where I used deep game mechanic knowledge to shave off a bit of time.

Similar to Rushy, I also have the following:
Max skill total
Quest cape
Achievement cape
Inferno cape

I actually met Rushy by coincidence through the BA School discord server. But I left the Barbarian Assault community pretty quickly after getting a lucky Penance Queen pet at only 200-300 ish gamble count.

Cut the Rope
Rank #1 Cheese box, with the rank 3 being a whopping 10% slower.
I really enjoyed this game a lot back in the day, trying to get an as high as possible score on the levels. Each level only takes a few second to complete. In each level, there are 3 colletable stars which give 1000 points each. You also start with 3000 points and for every 0.1 seconds you spend, you lose 10 points. So going for scores is roughly the same concept as doing a segmented 100% speedrun. There often exist unintended ways to solve the level and save time, which was fun to figure. A lot of strats are very difficult to execute, but due to the levels only taking a few seconds it isn't too bad to grind them out. Other than me, there was only one truly good player. And when the Cheese box got added to the game (a box is a set of 25 levels), I wanted to go all-in on that and try to beat him at it. But then we got in contact with each other, shared strats, and pushed the box score (close) to its limits, with me having 30 more points (0.3s faster) than him. A shame the game is ruined now by ads and MTX, would've been fun to pick up again.

Last edited by benny58624; 06-25-2023 at 03:33 PM..
benny58624 is offline   Reply With Quote