Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Profiles
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you like this idea?
Yes! 13 38.24%
Yeah...Sounds alright. 7 20.59%
Eh..I would not mind. 4 11.76%
I dont care. 5 14.71%
That does not sound like a good idea. 1 2.94%
NO! 4 11.76%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2008, 11:09 AM   #21
retching oesophagus
(^._.^) =^-ω-^= (^・o・^)ノ
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Something I think would be awesome to add to our FFR

i did read through your idea Midday and its good but i'm still not keen on having every track having the same value. i'd rather have tier points for every track where each difficulty has a different number of points available. it'd also better represent players who have great scores on harder songs but haven't played through every track. then bonus points you suggested such as skill tokens, overall/ av. rank, actual TPs and getting the top level ranks could be added for a grand total for each player

encouraging new players is good which is why graduation from rookie should be quite early but i think this should be a fair representation of every player and their skill. besides it might also get more new players try harder to fc the more challenging songs and get better

Last edited by retching oesophagus; 06-28-2008 at 11:14 AM..
retching oesophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 11:21 AM   #22
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Location: My own world. Miserable. Disgusting. Appalling. Pessimistic. Horrific. Terrible.
Send a message via AIM to Xx{Midday}xX Send a message via MSN to Xx{Midday}xX

Oh I see. But as you know, the tier point system for us Tier players is already EXTREMELY HEAVY. The problem with your idea is that such a system will overload the database. This is the reason why staff doesn't allow people to view other people's tier points. A tier list for triple/quadruple the songs in the current list? Too heavy.

I tried to work around that by not creating an all new function, but just using a preexisting one.

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)
Xx{Midday}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 11:24 AM   #23
retching oesophagus
(^._.^) =^-ω-^= (^・o・^)ノ
FFR Veteran

oh sorry. i didn't know that. well is there's anyway it can be less database heavy but same principle or is it just a dead idea? i'd guess i'd go with yours if you're certain it'll work

Last edited by retching oesophagus; 06-28-2008 at 11:28 AM..
retching oesophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 11:34 AM   #24
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to EnR Send a message via MSN to EnR

The whole point of having tier points IS to be used by a small amount of people. I don't see a version of tiers thats more for noob players being added.

Btw wwwJ4mmYcouk, you can just go to your lvl ranks, and look for the ones that don't have a * beside it, those are the ones you need to FC.. And for AAA's....everything that isen't rank one needs to be AAA'd. Not that difficult to figure out.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:39 AM   #25
Beethovens mask
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

If we do implement an amateur tier system how can we make it evolve with the players skill, how do you draw a line between when you move from amateur tier to the real tier?
Beethovens mask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 02:34 PM   #26
-KIDTHONG-
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to -KIDTHONG- Send a message via AIM to -KIDTHONG- Send a message via MSN to -KIDTHONG-

if making a new tier system is out of the question then lets move back to the forums purpose. i made this forum because i thought a single player level would show people how good they are rather then a multiplayer level. there are alot of things screwed up in this site and all we have to do is pitch in and help it. if there are players that dont like the idea of a smaller noobish tier system then they dont need to participate. it does not need to be a huge thing it just needs to include everyone. a level based system will do exactly that. it will range people from the smallest to the greatest.

so are we staying with a level based system or will we start a noobish tier system?
-KIDTHONG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 04:12 PM   #27
Beethovens mask
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KIDTHONG- View Post
if making a new tier system is out of the question then lets move back to the forums purpose. i made this forum because i thought a single player level would show people how good they are rather then a multiplayer level. there are alot of things screwed up in this site and all we have to do is pitch in and help it. if there are players that dont like the idea of a smaller noobish tier system then they dont need to participate. it does not need to be a huge thing it just needs to include everyone. a level based system will do exactly that. it will range people from the smallest to the greatest.

so are we staying with a level based system or will we start a noobish tier system?
level based system > noob tier
Beethovens mask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 04:18 PM   #28
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

there was a jTP system done... a while back. it pretty much failed. don't really recall the specifics....

but, really, it's just really difficult to get any 1 concrete system that will make everyone happy in terms of rankings. we currently have 1 just for playing and 2 that are for skill. is that not enough?
Old 06-29-2008, 12:42 AM   #29
-KIDTHONG-
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to -KIDTHONG- Send a message via AIM to -KIDTHONG- Send a message via MSN to -KIDTHONG-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
but, really, it's just really difficult to get any 1 concrete system that will make everyone happy in terms of rankings. we currently have 1 just for playing and 2 that are for skill. is that not enough?
Maybe instead of adding a whole other system you can add it to another. Overall Rank is good where it is. Average rank is not because how many people make new accounts and play other songs? if i wanted to i could go make 100 accounts and AAA any song so that rank is higher if you get BF or less. the Tier system is to advanced. how many people can really get on the list. i remember i did not get a tier point till i have been on ffr for half a year. then i only maxed around 5 points. thats even on the old easier system and now its harder?

you could even add a few things to the level rank stats. that AAA/FC bar can decide off the bat what level you could be. you can have two separate levels even. one level deciding if you have AAA'ed all of one difficulty. that would be easy for every time you add a new song to the list. this is partly your site im sure you could find a way for you to give someone the ability to do it themselfs. just for that part nothing else. the same was as you have a MP MOD. i personally dont think i could handle somthing like that because im out doing things but i know a million members on this thing there must be one that can.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:35 AM   #30
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Location: My own world. Miserable. Disgusting. Appalling. Pessimistic. Horrific. Terrible.
Send a message via AIM to Xx{Midday}xX Send a message via MSN to Xx{Midday}xX

Hence, I came up with an idea that combines all elements of the current ranking system on FFR into one giant ranking system.

As long as we weight the amount of points given on the basis of a AAA or tier point or w/e, it can turn out to be a fair ranking system. The weighting could be judged/determined by the knowledgable and experienced staff members.

Moreover, there is no need to acknowledge "skill" in AAAing newb songs. which is why only tier points are awarded to high level songs only. The point I'm making here is, that newbs dont need to be judged necessarily by AAA count. My proposed ranking system has the benefit of giving ranks to newbs via the easier ways of accomplishing something (easy AAAs, FCs, overall rank, etc.). By the time they graduate Rookie, they probably will have the potential to move on towards harder AAAs and Tier Points.

Of course, I don't really care, because I'm judged by the Tier Points System as is now, as Tass stated. I don't have the necessity of being judged by any thing other than intensive AAA count and Tier Points. Also, when I sucked, I didn't care about ranks.

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)
Xx{Midday}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-6-2008, 11:12 AM   #31
-KIDTHONG-
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

no need for this page anymore. tass and midnight are right. anyway i see new updates in ffr and im sure there are more waiting to come out. hopefully it will meet more peoples standards.
Old 07-6-2008, 11:28 AM   #32
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
there was a jTP system done... a while back. it pretty much failed. don't really recall the specifics....
As it was being worked on, a very large number of new songs were being added to it, and it also included far too many songs. If we could generate a list of songs in the 4-8 range that were relatively indicative of the progression of difficulty through those, we could set it up again relatively easily.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote