Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2006, 10:53 AM   #1
Tomgirl-13
FFR Player

Default The Apocalypse is getting Ready.

I can't happen to be the only one thinking about this... But will this Earth end soon? Shall I die when I'm around 70 years old by starving to death, polution, etc? Global warming should be called Global Warning by the way this earth is. Canada doesn't even have a winter yet, how will we grow crops in the spring???
We've got to do something about this, I know they're small and gross, but are we more vermin than a ****roach is? If we humans didn't exist this world would be perfect and beautiful, we are just ruining it.
Also, we are destroying the earth... now, there's going to be a time when the Earth destroys Us. More tsunami's, floods, tornados, etc etc etc will just kill us all and there would be no world left.
Can somebody please tell me I'm not the only one thinking about this? Cigarettes should be illegal for crying out loud, they're polluting alot and cars are, too. Wars aren't cool, either, the US also has a mental problem with competition, so the wars don't seem to ever stop with them.
Tomgirl-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 11:00 AM   #2
Nikkis
Banned

Default Re: The Apocalypse is getting Ready.

What's there to discuss then? This is just a rant. Eventually yes we are going to die if we stay here, but hopefully we can leave before that. And if your post is at all relavent to your title, then we've already entered the apocalypse. Each thing you named can end the world, but it would be a long process.
Nikkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 11:02 AM   #3
sherbtail
FFR Player

Meh, i have a faith in humanity that we'll sort out any problem thrown our way eventually, although Global Warming isnt the type of problem you can fix that easily, by the time enough people had died as a result of it that we realized we had to seriously do something about it, it would probably be too late.

Its worrying i guess, but the only thing you can really do about it is be an energy saving person using zero-carbon-footprint 'bags for life' in supermarkets and using energy saver light bulbs, and basically be the best example to the idiots who dont believe in global warming as you can be

Oh and banning smoking would be an abysmal idea, you just need to see the prohibition to see that. I hate smoking, and i cant understand why people would do it, but an all out ban definitely isnt the answer. Plus, i have no data, but im fairly sure cigarettes play little part to the bigger global warming picture...

Last edited by sherbtail; 12-20-2006 at 11:05 AM..
sherbtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 11:17 AM   #4
Tomgirl-13
FFR Player

I guess, but I'm still young and I may die when this world ends, it's pretty creepy, I'm still young. I don't think I even wanna have children anymore in the future, I wouldn't want them dying when the world ends. x_X

Bleh, whatever. I shouldn't worry too much about it and live life. I guarentee you there will be a new earth created again after this one...

>_<
Tomgirl-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 11:18 AM   #5
Ru'
FFR Player

The human race is truly a disgusting race. Chances are we'll end up killing ourselves off. Global warming is a lie and truth. The earth nauturally goes through hot and cold phases. We're in the hot. Plus we're about overdue for an ice age. Plus....since the earth has a + and - polarity wouldnt the electrons in the chemicals change into an ion and either strehtch across the equator or spread out because the constant frequency changes in earths polarity? For religous people, you believe what you believe, I am a religous person, so. Good for me.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:52 PM   #6
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

There's no way I can answer this without bringing up the Bible, in short yes the world will end and yes I plan to be outta here when it happens.When will it happen? Long story short: maybe in my lifetime. I have my own reasons for believing that, but since God dosnt want us to know for sure then trying to find out is vain. Better get right with Him now.

Hope to see you on the new Earth.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 06:08 PM   #7
Billydude
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Billydude

Wow I can tell you are a very positive person. You make me smile. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissi View Post
If you eat a pizza it does not give you the urge to fly a kite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaner692 View Post
What if Billy talked to her? hes irrisistable
My story
Billydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 06:29 PM   #8
super kid
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to super kid Send a message via Yahoo to super kid

We are going to die when God wants us too. God is not only taking Earth. Everything else is going to die even the E.Ts from other planets and Glaxies (sp?) are going down.
super kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 09:01 PM   #9
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Jesus is coming back in my lifetime. I can feel it, and he talks to me when I pray to God. He says he will rise from the dead again and sit the earth on fire, bringing all of the non believers and sinners into hell while the ethereal christians like myself will float elegantly into the heavens.

So if you've ever questioned your faith now is the time! Your sins can be washed away! Join us now to secure your place in the afterlife! Jesus loves us all; we are all equally created by God in his image. This life is merely a test, you can only truely experience life by devoting your entire body and soul to your creator God.

Last edited by Reach; 12-29-2006 at 09:04 PM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 10:06 PM   #10
chickendude
Away from Computer
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to chickendude

You've been watching an Inconvenient Truth, haven't you

Don't you realize that mankind will be able to solve this problem? It will be hard, but humanity can rise to the challenge. They've done it before, and it can be done again.
We need to come together to reduce emmissions, perhaps find a new, cleaner source of fuel.

Just wait until the Bush administration is over >_>;
Old 12-29-2006, 10:16 PM   #11
super kid
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
Jesus is coming back in my lifetime. I can feel it, and he talks to me when I pray to God. He says he will rise from the dead again and sit the earth on fire, bringing all of the non believers and sinners into hell while the ethereal christians like myself will float elegantly into the heavens.
Well no Jesus is not just taking non christians into hell he is giving them a chance as it says in the last book of the Bible. He is not that mean.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:23 PM   #12
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chromer Send a message via Yahoo to Chromer

For the sake of not sounding like a preacher, I believe that we are in the End Times. Looking objectively at Revelations in the Bible, you can see many signs that are now coming true. Revelations says that in the End Times, there will be great earthquakes and tsunamis. 2004 tsunami anyone? Revelations also says that all nations will rise against Israel and I quote, "wipe Israel from the face of the Earth." Didn't our friend in the Middle East say that twice?

It also says that the world will become more wicked in God's eyes. Well, I don't want to sound like a dick but homosexuality is a sin in God's eyes and now they want to become accepted into society like it's no big deal. That's not good in God's eyes.

IMO, I want to be able to live my life fully before Jesus comes back. It would kind of suck if on my honeymoon night, God comes back right before I have sex with my new wife. =/
Old 12-29-2006, 10:28 PM   #13
super kid
FFR Player

It also says that we will die of famin there is plenty of that in Africa. But in the first book of the Old Testement, God states that he/she will not kill us all by water thats what the rainbow is God's promise. The war in Iraq is another sign. The Red horse is the house of man killing each other. It also says the earth will end were it started in the Garden of Eden, it was said to be in Iraq.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:33 AM   #14
slipstrike0159
FFR Player

Location: In the shadows behind you with my assassin's blade waiting to strike
Send a message via MSN to slipstrike0159

Well you have your facts wrong because we are all to congregate in Adamondiomin(however thats spelled), which is in the states (i constantly forget where, but its in the mid region).
You are right in the fact that there will not be another flood to kill all because we have been promised that it will not happen again.
What my seminary teacher said was that in his opinion, it wont happen for a while because if you think about all of these promised signs and everyone saying these are the last days, then if you look back, our grandparents thought they were living in the last days as well. Its true that society is getting worse with homosexuality and whatnot, but think about how things went from humble living with one wife and kids in the country to single parents everywhere, abortions, and all of these horrible things started happening a long time ago. Do you really think people back then didnt think, "oh no, the end of the world is coming soon". Prophesies of this have been going on for a long time and they will continue to do so.
Also, about israel being wiped off of the planet, didnt it say that like millions or billions of soldiers would be there? I could be completely wrong about this, but i think that a lot more needs to happen before we start having another world war in a specific place in another country. And like i said, i could be thinking of something completely different.
One last thing, the earth will not blow up or be destroyed, it will only be cleansed for the millenium when christ comes to dwell on earth and if i have my doctrine right, im pretty sure that one of the glory kindoms will be on this earth. Nothing will come and blow everything up, things will only be cleansed so that it is worthy to live on.

slipstrike0159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 12:47 AM   #15
super kid
FFR Player

Well the Bible does not state that when people turn gay we will die. Also Jesus is going to take all belivers of Jesus and God into Heaven, and he is living nonbelivers if you will to show him that they belive in him. Then the battle will begin between good and evil starting with the Seven minuets of silence. So the earth will not be clensend. In fact in will be distroyed. As the lamb opens the seven tablets unleshing the seven horsemen, and they sybolize fire, famin, etc etc. Plus the pregent lady in the sky giving birth to a child living a loud noise, and meteors will fill the sky plus alot more but to much to explain.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:34 AM   #16
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

I don't believe in the Apocalypse as described in the New Testament. Every culture has it's own end of the world scenario and every generation expects the end will come during their time...it's nothing new and relatively harmless unless you have enough people convinced that the end is actually near.

However, I do believe that inappropriate news coverage (to help spike ratings) is inadvertently scaring people and thus causing people to believe that the end is near, which it isn't.
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 02:31 AM   #17
Nikkis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by super kid View Post
It also says that we will die of famin there is plenty of that in Africa. But in the first book of the Old Testement, God states that he/she will not kill us all by water thats what the rainbow is God's promise. The war in Iraq is another sign. The Red horse is the house of man killing each other. It also says the earth will end were it started in the Garden of Eden, it was said to be in Iraq.
No, the Garden of Eden is not believed to be in Iraq. Go here:http://www.ldolphin.org/eden/

The Garden of Eden is flooded under water.

According to the Bible, Christ will return on the 11th hour of the battle of Armageddon. Armageddon is believed to be fought at Megiddo, an ancient civilization that is now in ruins. This place saw many battles. This gives me reason to believe that Christ will return around 11 a.m. on the day we fight Armageddon. Megiddo, or reffered to as Tel Megiddo on maps now is located in Isreal next ti the plains of Esrealdon, the place where the Bible describes that the armies will build up before the final battle. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megiddo_(place)

My belief, we will be drafted into WWIII and we will fight at Megiddo on that final day which I'm believing to be December 21st, 2012. The armies will be lead by the anitchrist. Christ will return that day. The ancient Myans, who were extroadinary astronomers calculated when the earth entered it's present age, or it's creation, and they calculated that a new age would begin on December 21st, 2012. "At 11:11 a.m. the sun will rise into a different position of the sky than it normally does. This will create an opening between the cosmos..." The Bible says Christ will return on the eleventh hour.

"The sixth angel poured his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up in order to prepare the way for the kings from the east. And I saw three foul spirits like frogs coming from the mouth of the dragon, from the mouth of the beast, and from the mouth of the false prophet. These are demonic spirits, performing signs, who go abroad to the kings of the whole world, to assemble them for battle on the great day of God the Almighty. (See, I am coming like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake and is clothed, not going about naked and exposed to shame.) And they assembled them at the place that in Hebrew is called Harmagedon.[3]"
Old 12-30-2006, 03:03 AM   #18
TD_Project
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to TD_Project Send a message via MSN to TD_Project Send a message via Yahoo to TD_Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomgirl-13 View Post
I can't happen to be the only one thinking about this... But will this Earth end soon? Shall I die when I'm around 70 years old by starving to death, polution, etc? Global warming should be called Global Warning by the way this earth is. Canada doesn't even have a winter yet, how will we grow crops in the spring???
We've got to do something about this, I know they're small and gross, but are we more vermin than a ****roach is? If we humans didn't exist this world would be perfect and beautiful, we are just ruining it.
Also, we are destroying the earth... now, there's going to be a time when the Earth destroys Us. More tsunami's, floods, tornados, etc etc etc will just kill us all and there would be no world left.
Can somebody please tell me I'm not the only one thinking about this? Cigarettes should be illegal for crying out loud, they're polluting alot and cars are, too. Wars aren't cool, either, the US also has a mental problem with competition, so the wars don't seem to ever stop with them.
Global Warming is preventable if we do something about it. And the world will end yes, but we can fight so it wont happen in any generations soon.

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...90#post1055890

that was inspired by this thread. Go for it.

EDIT: in your little rant you listed cigarettes and cars. Cigarettes arent the major pollution, however you are kind of right. And you are right about cars to a degree. Car technology is advancing, and so are hybrids. Do you realize it takes 4 years for a concept car to become a production car? Manufacturers now a days have the environment and fuel mileage in mind when they are planning their cars, and you will see them in the coming years. Give it time. Besides, houses are the number 1 pollution source.

Last edited by TD_Project; 12-30-2006 at 03:06 AM..
TD_Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 03:16 AM   #19
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chromer Send a message via Yahoo to Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkis View Post
No, the Garden of Eden is not believed to be in Iraq. Go here:http://www.ldolphin.org/eden/

The Garden of Eden is flooded under water.

According to the Bible, Christ will return on the 11th hour of the battle of Armageddon. Armageddon is believed to be fought at Megiddo, an ancient civilization that is now in ruins. This place saw many battles. This gives me reason to believe that Christ will return around 11 a.m. on the day we fight Armageddon. Megiddo, or reffered to as Tel Megiddo on maps now is located in Isreal next ti the plains of Esrealdon, the place where the Bible describes that the armies will build up before the final battle. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megiddo_(place)

My belief, we will be drafted into WWIII and we will fight at Megiddo on that final day which I'm believing to be December 21st, 2012. The armies will be lead by the anitchrist. Christ will return that day. The ancient Myans, who were extroadinary astronomers calculated when the earth entered it's present age, or it's creation, and they calculated that a new age would begin on December 21st, 2012. "At 11:11 a.m. the sun will rise into a different position of the sky than it normally does. This will create an opening between the cosmos..." The Bible says Christ will return on the eleventh hour.

"The sixth angel poured his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up in order to prepare the way for the kings from the east. And I saw three foul spirits like frogs coming from the mouth of the dragon, from the mouth of the beast, and from the mouth of the false prophet. These are demonic spirits, performing signs, who go abroad to the kings of the whole world, to assemble them for battle on the great day of God the Almighty. (See, I am coming like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake and is clothed, not going about naked and exposed to shame.) And they assembled them at the place that in Hebrew is called Harmagedon.[3]"

I'm praying that Dec. 21, 2012 isn't a real prediction, I'll be just out of college by then. T_T
Old 12-30-2006, 03:21 AM   #20
Nikkis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromer View Post
I'm praying that Dec. 21, 2012 isn't a real prediction, I'll be just out of college by then. T_T

It's not, it's just what I'm personally predicting.

Edit* I'd be in college.....=\.