Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 11:03 PM   #41
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan
Default Re: RE: Re: RE: Top of the forums?

lol double post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrESqueek
I didn't leave the game because I'm against it being at the top of the forum categories. Come on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by In reference to the forum move, MrESqueek
If you do go through with this, delete me.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:04 PM   #42
User6773

Default RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Top of the forums?

Isn't it selfish to complain that because people are spending more time at another part of the forums than the one you frequent, the one you frequent should be given more attention and the more popular forums should be intentionally pushed away in order to give yours an advantage?

CT and TWG aren't at war with each other. One of the reasons we made TWG its own forum was because you complained. It sounds like you'd be happier with TWG gone altogether, so why don't you just say so?

Old 01-29-2005, 11:06 PM   #43
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

The bottom line of your push for this occurance is as such:

"Guys, I hate using my scroll wheel / page down key / space bar / arrow key for less than a second to find the section of the forums that I will post on less than twice in a day and I suggest we move it to the top of the forums where it will conflict with other forums in a place where it does not belong."

This is the message I'm getting, at least.

~Squeek
Old 01-29-2005, 11:08 PM   #44
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

Quit bitching.

Locked.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:08 PM   #45
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default Re: RE: Re: RE: Top of the forums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgamayan
lol double post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrESqueek
I didn't leave the game because I'm against it being at the top of the forum categories. Come on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by In reference to the forum move, MrESqueek
If you do go through with this, delete me.
What's wrong with that? I can't influence moderator's decisions anyway, so if you're going to make it a hassle on me, please remove the hassle.

I did not quit TWG 4 games ago for the reason we are discussing right now, OK?

~Squeek
Old 01-30-2005, 08:27 AM   #46
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

*Unlocked*

I just got the same response from Soccr that I thought I would get from Synth.

Matt: Why is twg a sub category of life?
Matt: It makes the forums look all messed up
Jay: Only like 40 people can see it
Matt: Dude, don't make it a sub catagory.
Matt: It makes the site look crappy .
Matt: Make it just a forum in Life catagory.
Jay: No
Matt: It looks like crap now.
Jay: I refuse to do so, because it doesn't belong in life.
Matt: Yea...
Matt: Make it a category by itself.
Matt: Put that category right under life then.
Jay: Dude, I hate a 3 hour debate about this last night, I don't want to go through it again
Matt: Well...
Matt: Why a sub category? Make it a category by itself.
Matt: And did you ask James?
Jay: No
Matt: Why?
Jay: he isn't around
Matt: Personally this should be in the game forum
Matt: Don't you think?
Matt: Or in the Other Catagory?
Jay: Debate it with Chardish
Matt: FFR != TWG but I don't think Chardish understands that. Or any others for that matter...
Old 01-30-2005, 08:31 AM   #47
soccr743
FFR Player
Retired Staff

Send a message via AIM to soccr743 Send a message via MSN to soccr743 Send a message via Yahoo to soccr743

This explains how I feel about it (more in depth then above):

Matt: About the werewolf game forum...
Matt: I think that that it doesn't belong under life. Also, It shouldn't have its own category. It should go under the "Other" section because that is what it is. FFR != TWG to many people out there. I am not saying it is a bad game or shouldn't be played, however, I think that it should be put where it belongs.
Matt: If people don't want to scroll down and it is THAT IMPORTANT that they need to see it, they can bookmark it.

-----Soccr743-----
Old 01-30-2005, 08:41 AM   #48
alainbryden
Seen your member
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Wow, you are mods, don't you have more important things to obsess about on this site?

Okay, I suppose as a subcategory, it looks strange, because of the white block on blue, but I think it can still stay up in the life category, I'm surprised no one has brought this up but, come on, frigging anime is in the life category.

Numbers never lie, look at this:

Of all the regular posters who can see anime in the life category, I'm sure about 40% (this is generous) actually post there, or consider it their "life".

Of all the people who can see TWG in the life category, about 80% post there regularily and want it there. And that 20% makes up of Mods who can't change what they see - they are immture if they are truely hurt that there's an additional category up in life; and then ex-TWG players who for some reason don't want to have to see the game up there, but won't just unsubscribe from the member list. Stupid if you ask me.

You can't push down TWG to it's appropriate "game" category and not push down Anime to it's appropriate "The Arts" or "Other" category. What you did with that forum 'inconveniences' more people than the TWG forum. I fought that battle for a while and then realised, it really doesn't effing matter, does it?

Make TWG a normal 'life' category, not sub-category.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:43 AM   #49
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

I am a stupidass who doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:46 AM   #50
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Top of the forums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgamayan
Jesus Christ. Get the fuck back to working on R2 and stop wasting your time on piddily stuff like this.
Soccr didn't know about this til this morning.

And yes, we are going to take your advice, and not worry about this petty thing. It will stay down here.

EDIT: Bookmarks are fun.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:49 AM   #51
alainbryden
Seen your member

Default RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Top of the forums?

Lightdarkness, if you turn this into a mod war where you keep moving it back and forth against chardish I guarantee your asking to be demodded. Be more mature.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:50 AM   #52
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Wow, people are making mountains out of molehills, not to get this war started again, but i don't see the big deal of just scrolling down.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:51 AM   #53
alainbryden
Seen your member

Well we don't see the big deal of just leaving it up there. Especially since it's invisible.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:51 AM   #54
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Top of the forums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alainbryden
Lightdarkness, if you turn this into a mod war where you keep moving it back and forth against chardish I guarantee your asking to be demodded. Be more mature.
I am being more mature about this. I'm puting my foot down, and leaving this forum where it belongs.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:52 AM   #55
alainbryden
Seen your member

Default RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Top of the forums?

Someones just going to put their foot down ontop of yours, and it's going to go back and forth until you need to effing bug Synthlight about this. gg
Old 01-30-2005, 08:53 AM   #56
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Top of the forums?

Quote:
Someones just going to put their foot down ontop of yours, and it's going to go back and forth until you need to effing bug Synthlight about this. gg
Chardish can't move forums; if it has to go to Synthlight, thats fine by me. I'm using my power to do what I think is best.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:55 AM   #57
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222
Default RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Top of the forums?

I'm going to have to agree with LD, while a may be an inconvenience for people to click down, it doesn't desereve to be at the top, it's a catergorized site, and the mods like to keep it that way, organized. I really don't see any valid points on why it should be up there other then laziness, and if you are too lazy to scroll down, bookmark it, or just stop playing.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:56 AM   #58
alainbryden
Seen your member

Default RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Top of the forum

Yes but doing so against the established popular consent of those involved in the situation is NOT doing what's best. It's doing what you and a couple friends want and screw what everyone else thinks.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:57 AM   #59
alainbryden
Seen your member

Default RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Top of the forum

Well since no one reads my posts,

Okay, I suppose as a subcategory, it looks strange, because of the white block on blue, but I think it can still stay up in the life category, I'm surprised no one has brought this up but, come on, frigging anime is in the life category.

Numbers never lie, look at this:

Of all the regular posters who can see anime in the life category, I'm sure about 40% (this is generous) actually post there, or consider it their "life".

Of all the people who can see TWG in the life category, about 80% post there regularily and want it there.
And that 20% makes up of Mods who can't change what they see - they are immture if they are truely hurt that there's an additional category up in life; and then ex-TWG players who for some reason don't want to have to see the game up there, but won't just unsubscribe from the member list. Stupid if you ask me.

You can't push down TWG to it's appropriate "game" category and not push down Anime to it's appropriate "The Arts" or "Other" category. What you did with that forum 'inconveniences' more people than the TWG forum. I fought that battle for a while and then realised, it really doesn't effing matter, does it?

Make TWG a normal 'life' category, not sub-category.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:57 AM   #60
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Top of the f

Quote:
Yes but doing so against the established popular consent of those involved in the situation is NOT doing what's best. It's doing what you and a couple friends want and screw what everyone else thinks.
last time I counted, it was 5 for moving it, and 5 against.