Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 08:12 PM   #1
User6773

Default Top of the forums?

The more astute of you may have noticed that this forum is now invisible to everyone but the TWG usergroup.

Would you rather this forum be closer to the top of the forums, or where it is beside the Garbage Bin?

Old 01-29-2005, 08:17 PM   #2
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan
Default RE: Top of the forums?

Top. I hate having to scroll all the way down here because I don't look at any forums beyond Simulator Files.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:24 PM   #3
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Top most definitly. This is one of the only reasons I come to FFR now, so bring it on up. It's not like it'll interfere with anybody else's activities, and I'm pretty sure it was said that this would happen a while ago.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 01-29-2005, 08:48 PM   #4
HansSky
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HansSky

Agreed. Move it on up.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:51 PM   #5
User6773

(In case you couldn't tell, I also believe that it's time to move it up.)

Old 01-29-2005, 08:55 PM   #6
ddrruler
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ddrruler
Default Re: RE: Top of the forums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgamayan
Top. I hate having to scroll all the way down here because I don't look at any forums beyond Simulator Files.
Excatly.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:56 PM   #7
Snapps
NO DOUBT GET LOUD
FFR Simfile Author

Default RE: Re: RE: Top of the forums?

I believe it should be under FFR General.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:56 PM   #8
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

The TWG forum doesn't fit at the top of the forums.

It isn't that hard to scroll down, if we wanted to make it easier for everyone to access their favorite forum, how would you do that?

It doesn't belong up there, and it isn't too hard to scroll down.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:00 PM   #9
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

But is there an *actual* reason why it would be good to leave it here?

I can think of an instance where it would be beneficial to have it at the top of the forums. Is there a reason it would be beneficial to have it at the bottom?
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:35 PM   #10
alainbryden
Seen your member
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I vote to put it up top just underneath "life" It doesn't matter too much to me though, because I have the forum bookmarked.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:43 PM   #11
User6773

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightdarkness
if we wanted to make it easier for everyone to access their favorite forum, how would you do that?
I don't understand your question, and I still don't see a reason why it belongs at the bottom, especially for a group of people who enjoy this forum more than the rest of the forums. In addition, since the forum is invisible, it seems like this should be a majority decision of the people who subscribe to this forum.

Staff Forum is at the top of the forums, because it's invisible to everyone else and something the staff want to see often. Shouldn't TWG be at the top for the same reason?

Old 01-29-2005, 09:45 PM   #12
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

It's not a "life" thing though.

It's perfect for "Other" because that's what it is. It's a forum game that has more respect than the "Game" forum, so it's to stay with that.

Come on, this isn't hard.

~Squeek
Old 01-29-2005, 09:46 PM   #13
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

So you'd rather the location of this forum be inconvenient when it could be convenient at no extra cost whatsoever?

That makes absolutely no sense to me.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:48 PM   #14
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgamayan
So you'd rather the location of this forum be inconvenient when it could be convenient at no extra cost whatsoever?

That makes absolutely no sense to me.
Perhaps we should move up the Garbage bin to the top for all the spammers?
Old 01-29-2005, 09:49 PM   #15
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

But that would get in the way of (read: inconvenience) those who don't wish to see the Garbage Bin.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:51 PM   #16
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Hey, if we're going on the popularity of the forum sections, guess what goes to the BOTTOM of the forums?

Why should a tiny forum section such as this, even if it is hidden to most members, be at the top with the most popular sections? It doesn't make sense to me to accomodate for the 20-30 people that take part in these when there are 2-3,000 other people here.

If you do go through with this, delete me. I don't want to deal with it and I swore I'd never play again. I'll probably not even host again due to the amount of stress it put on me, and I'll likely not play infiltration just because I think someone else that actually would like to play the game (Omega) deserves my spot.

~Squeek
Old 01-29-2005, 09:55 PM   #17
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

What the hell kind of thinking is that? You'd quit the game just because it takes less effort to get to it?

I guess we can tell how committed you are to it.

Fine, leave. We'd be better off without you.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:02 PM   #18
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

You guys bring up moving other forums around, but I think what you fail to realize is that the only people this will affect are the few people who are in the usergroup. If you moved the garbage bin up to the top, everybody would see the change. If you move this up to the top, only we will notice. Thus, only the people who it would be convenient for would see the change, so you're accomodating one group without hindering the rest of the members in any way whatsoever. I don't see what the problem is, people....

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 01-29-2005, 10:04 PM   #19
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I don't see what the big fuss is!

The location of this forum is in the category that best suits it. It's not hard to scroll down here. I tried it! It took one mouse wheel scroll. Also... this new fangled browser called "firefox" has quick links, so you can jump right to the TWG with ONE CLICK!
Old 01-29-2005, 10:14 PM   #20
User6773

I don't understand why you're stuck on the belief that people who play this game want to be inconvenienced by scrolling down to the bottom of the forums.

You act as if this change is going to affect the thousands of forum users who can't see the forum.

Closed Thread