Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2010, 12:53 PM   #61
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973
Default Re: "Why should I never buy a Mac?"

****ing wrong someone else........
Old 12-27-2010, 02:06 PM   #62
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KgZ View Post
Musician but likes PC? Mac

Musician but likes Mac? Mac
That too if you'd like.
OneHandNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:16 PM   #63
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrGiggles Send a message via MSN to MrGiggles

If you really truly need Mac OS X, such as if your school requires it, you can do yourself a favor and save a couple thousand using Hackintosh.

http://www.hackintosh.com/
Old 12-27-2010, 02:31 PM   #64
fido123
FFR Player

Apple's OS's are very reasonably priced though. I think it's more than fair to dish out like $30. http://www.amazon.com/Mac-OS-Version.../dp/B000FK88JK
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:51 PM   #65
leonid
I am leonid
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

omg I think I just became a stupid dumb**** that doesn't know anything about computer

Proud member of Team No
leonid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:31 PM   #66
eurostud4
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to eurostud4

All this fighting is taking away my horny.

I hate how a lot of people I know who are mac users think they're the **** just because they have a mac. INSTANT WIN OMFG.

I like gaming, so PC it is!

R.I.P. Steve <3
eurostud4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:53 PM   #67
Crashfan3
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Crashfan3 Send a message via Skype™ to Crashfan3

I love how this thread turned into an OSX vs Windows brawl.
Basically, you tear off that shiny white box and I'll tear off my black-painted aluminum box, and what's inside is pretty much the SAME DAMN THING.
The only difference is, I didn't sell my house and my car to pay for it.
-.-

Someone else compared the two to burger joints, I see it more like vehicles.
Windows is a big Dodge Ram pickup, for $30000. Not the prettiest thing in the world, but it's powerful. Just don't expect to put it in a sports race.
Mac is a sleek and shiny Porsche 911, for $75000. You're not going to be hauling rocks or pulling trailers with a Porsche, but it's fast as hell.

Last edited by Crashfan3; 12-27-2010 at 04:04 PM..
Crashfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:48 PM   #68
Kibblre
Caelondia Represent
FFR Veteran

I have a MacBook Pro. I'm not a huge computer gamer; I mostly just use it for music, school stuff, and editing. Although, I did get the second-level 13" one so I can play LoL.

EDIT: I also got it as a gift.

Last edited by Kibblre; 12-27-2010 at 04:52 PM..
Kibblre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:03 PM   #69
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

Quote:
Originally Posted by fido123 View Post
Can you explain why you support Mac computers? Only difference between a Mac PC and any other PC is the case, and ridiculous price tag. Buying a mac is like buying a coach purse. In the end it's just a vinyl bag like everything else but you're paying for the branding.
Wait what? I see a picture on the internet I want; all i have to do is drag it to my desktop and it's there. I love that. The screen looks beautiful. I love that. Everything about the way macs feel is so clean. I love it. The shortcuts are super fast and convenient and, you guessed it, I love that. Macs are really nice. I love em. If I owned one I could tell you more, but the reasons I've given are enough to make me like a mac laptop specifically, more than any other laptop I've ever used without question. In fact, I find using other laptops a hassle when I recall the convenience of a mac. Sleek and convenient. Love em.
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:24 PM   #70
cry4eternity
~ added for cuteness
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to cry4eternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by korny View Post
I see a picture on the internet I want; all i have to do is drag it to my desktop and it's there.
Windows does this too.

I'm retired
cry4eternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:28 PM   #71
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by korny View Post
Wait what? I see a picture on the internet I want; all i have to do is drag it to my desktop and it's there. I love that. The screen looks beautiful. I love that. Everything about the way macs feel is so clean. I love it. The shortcuts are super fast and convenient and, you guessed it, I love that. Macs are really nice. I love em. If I owned one I could tell you more, but the reasons I've given are enough to make me like a mac laptop specifically, more than any other laptop I've ever used without question. In fact, I find using other laptops a hassle when I recall the convenience of a mac. Sleek and convenient. Love em.
You can do all of that on windows. I just tried. Except for the screen part, idk if MBP screens are different somehow. Though mine looks like ass because I tend to abuse my laptops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashfan3 View Post
Mac is a sleek and shiny Porsche 911, for $75000. You're not going to be hauling rocks or pulling trailers with a Porsche, but it's fast as hell.
This analogy kind of sucks because Macs aren't particularly fast, nor are Windows computers particularly powerful compared to the other. The Mac towers get ridiculously powerful and come to think of it speed tends to equate to power in computing.

Quote:
Apple's OS's are very reasonably priced though. I think it's more than fair to dish out like $30. http://www.amazon.com/Mac-OS-Version.../dp/B000FK88JK
True, but my point was that you can buy or assemble a computer compatible with OS X rather than actually buying a Mac for triple the price.

Last edited by MrGiggles; 12-27-2010 at 05:34 PM..
MrGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:54 PM   #72
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

You're right. You can drag the picture on a pc as well. Only difference is is that when i do it on a pc, it asks me if I'm sure I want to do this before I do. Obviously I do? My parents pc runs so slow sometimes because of viruses that seem to never go away after full virus scans and whatnot. I have never seen a mac to have a virus ever. They seem to be practically impervious to the things that tend to slow down and fck up pc's.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:01 PM   #73
fido123
FFR Player

Korny, I'm not talking about the operating system. I agree, the OSs Mac comes out with are great, but we're talking about the hardware, the physical computers Mac comes out with. If you want to spend about twice as much money for your computer to look sleek, that's your choice.

Also Mr.Giggles, recently Mac has switched and started using the Linux kernel. Anything Linux can run on, Mac can run on and I think more.

Last edited by fido123; 12-27-2010 at 06:05 PM..
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:03 PM   #74
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

It never asked me.... perhaps that's an IE trait?

Windows machines do have the downside of virii(whatever viruses sounds odd), so I usually do a full format and reinstall every year or so. However, if you're not mentally challenged you can get away with years of virus-free activity. I just proved this yesterday. My Windows partition on my MBP had been running without any anti-virus for about a year and a half. Yesterday I finally got around to installing some scanners with ninite. After a ten hour full system scans with a couple of the scanners, I came back with two malformed cookies. That's it.

Prevention through common sense is the best anti-virus. Once a nasty virus gets in, it's pretty much ensconced and invulnerable until you format.

I've never had my OS X on my MBP run into any problems, largely because I haven't booted into it much since day 1, but my old iBook G4 was an unmitigated disaster and my mother's 3-4 year old MacBook is going the same way. All computers are subject to eventual slowdown, but Windows probably more so, at least to people still using LimeWire.

EDIT: Also, I find the topic of hardware vastly less interesting because unless you got knocked on the head a lot when you were younger Apple's hardware is quite obviously one of the worst purchases you can make, right alongside Alienware. Software is more debatable.

EDITEDIT:
Quote:
Also Mr.Giggles, recently Mac has switched and started using the Linux kernel. Anything Linux can run on, Mac can run on and I think more.
Oh wow, really? That makes it super easy then.

Last edited by MrGiggles; 12-27-2010 at 06:09 PM..
MrGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:13 PM   #75
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Korny, I'm not talking about the operating system. I agree, the OSs Mac comes out with are great, but we're talking about the hardware, the physical computers Mac comes out with. If you want to spend about twice as much money for your computer to look sleek, that's your choice.
Well why were you asking me about hardware? I know nothing about that sh*t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiggles View Post
It never asked me.... perhaps that's an IE trait?

Windows machines do have the downside of virii(whatever viruses sounds odd), so I usually do a full format and reinstall every year or so. However, if you're not mentally challenged you can get away with years of virus-free activity. I just proved this yesterday. My Windows partition on my MBP had been running without any anti-virus for about a year and a half. Yesterday I finally got around to installing some scanners with ninite. After a ten hour full system scans with a couple of the scanners, I came back with two malformed cookies. That's it.

Prevention through common sense is the best anti-virus. Once a nasty virus gets in, it's pretty much ensconced and invulnerable until you format.

I've never had my OS X on my MBP run into any problems, largely because I haven't booted into it much since day 1, but my old iBook G4 was an unmitigated disaster and my mother's 3-4 year old MacBook is going the same way. All computers are subject to eventual slowdown, but Windows probably more so, at least to people still using LimeWire.

Maybe it is a IE thing. I'm not the most computer literate individual obviously. The thing is is that I don't have to go through the trouble to prevent viruses with a mac whatsoever. I want to turn on my computer, do what I want to do, and it work the same as it did the day before everytime. That's what I get from a mac. I turn on my parents computer, I download a program, and now my screen saver is playing videos from blinkx.com and now I have to go through the trouble of changing it back. Stupid sh*t like that that would never happen if I had a mac. Macs are for people like me who don't want to do extra **** to prevent anything. I just want it to work like it should without any extra work.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:22 PM   #76
Kagome
Pop'n Music.
Retired Staff

Send a message via AIM to Kagome Send a message via MSN to Kagome

I haven't had any kind of anti virus protection on any computer for the past 6 or so years and haven't gotten a virus yet. I've always had a PC.

You just need to be smart about what sites you visit/what you download.
Kagome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:26 PM   #77
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

I have 3 younger siblings who download things as well. If we had a mac, it wouldn't matter where they went to download whatever.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:27 PM   #78
Izzy
Snek

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender5 View Post
Am I a broke nerd that complains about how expensive the world is? No.
Did you actually just try and make the argument that you have to be poor and a nerd to want to save money?
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:36 PM   #79
jimerax
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jimerax Send a message via MSN to jimerax Send a message via Skype™ to jimerax

I have never bought mac because of softwares, and maybe lazy to get used to it in general.
jimerax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:46 PM   #80
ninjaKIWI
plain old ugly ass dumbas

Send a message via AIM to ninjaKIWI

Too many posts to reply asldfasfdlkjhsdfjdff. Been busy shopping.

Basically all of your arguments are invalid in this thread because you're ALL talking about the OS and not the hardware.

PS pretty sure you can just install the different Mac operating systems on any computer, just saying.

Last edited by ninjaKIWI; 12-27-2010 at 06:53 PM..
ninjaKIWI is offline   Reply With Quote