Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2012, 07:26 AM   #321
megamon88
aka Assertive
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Re: Team Pony

The whole song is swingy, so I would go as far as changing your 16ths to swing 24ths/12ths.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:45 AM   #322
DissonantMuse
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
The 3 yellow notes in a row is the correct method for the song. Between the 2 yellow notes, the song follows the regular 1/8th beat timing. Since the 1/8th beat timing starts on a yellow note, the following note after that would also be a yellow note, and would do that until the next jump, and repeats.

Sometimes I get confused about note placement as well just because either my response is a little behind, or I don't notice until someone else points it out for me.

EDIT: could use some help on my own part. Making one of my songs, and the vocals are not in line with the regular notes, almost. What do you guys think? should I swap out the 24th (purple) notes for 16th (yellow) notes during the verse? or are they fine as is?

I still want your camera megamon.

That's what I figured, thanks for the help. :P
Old 02-22-2012, 01:12 PM   #323
megamon88
aka Assertive

I couldn't really hear the song because of the clap assist, but yeah I'm assuming it would be 16ths too since a single 12th doesn't really make sense :P
Old 02-22-2012, 02:25 PM   #324
m3t4kn1ght
I have a calico cat
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to m3t4kn1ght

looks cool bro.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:33 PM   #325
DissonantMuse
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamon88 View Post
I couldn't really hear the song because of the clap assist, but yeah I'm assuming it would be 16ths too since a single 12th doesn't really make sense :P
Yeah I guess I should have taken the assist clap off, but oh well, I'll post it when I'm done. XP
Old 02-24-2012, 04:34 AM   #326
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DissonantMuse View Post
I do have one question however. I was wondering if I should keep the three yellow (16th notes I believe) notes in a row, or use the purple one in the middle. here's the video because it's hard to explain, because in my opinion it seems like having the 3 yellows is more on-sync. probably not a huge deal, but I'm still kind of a beginner when it comes to stepping, so I thought I would ask.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDixkocOBio

here's the link because I'm not sure if embedding would work since this one's unlisted. the song is at like 0.6 speed because I usually slow songs down when I step them.
if you're going for a super easy laid back file then what you have is fine i can totally see what you're doing and it plays out ok (although i really have no idea if you can keep it interesting for 4 minutes) but to answer your question no there isn't a 12th note there

if you're going for super technical then:

-assist tick can be misleading because your mind can just as easily fit the assist tick to the song rather than the reverse (also on lowered rates it can actually cover up sounds that would otherwise be fairly prominent on 1x) rather than using assist tick i prefer to play the chart itself to see how well the chart meshes with the song + you have notes to sounds that aren't audible on 1.0x

-technically the synth is on 16ths and also technically falls on the snare on m3.25 its not exactly the most clearly audible but its there (this is of course assuming we have the same mp3)

-the patterns aren't jacks but triplets (that result in a runningmen with the anchor on the 16ths which is i guess what you stepped -8ths) although i myself would not be opposed to putting jacks there instead but then again i have been known to put jacks to about anything and everything sooooo

-you missed a couple 24ths in there (it falls between the last 16th of both jack sets and the respective [12] jump afterward) if you wanna get super deduper technical although its barely audible on 0.6x and you probably wouldn't hear it if you weren't listening for it (though fairly prominent on 1.0 and might be something fun to call attention to idk)

i actually have no idea if you already know all this or not but you did indicate you were fairly new to stepping

it's also entirely possible that i have absolutely no idea what i'm talking about but you did inspire me to rechart the beginning of my file

Last edited by MinaciousGrace; 02-24-2012 at 04:37 AM..
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:26 AM   #327
megamon88
aka Assertive

Guys go check out VS PSYCHOSHY, we finally have a pony song in FFR
Old 02-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #328
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

D: The jumps are killing me my gawd.

You sir, have started a revolution.

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:30 AM   #329
DissonantMuse
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
if you're going for a super easy laid back file then what you have is fine i can totally see what you're doing and it plays out ok (although i really have no idea if you can keep it interesting for 4 minutes) but to answer your question no there isn't a 12th note there

if you're going for super technical then:

-assist tick can be misleading because your mind can just as easily fit the assist tick to the song rather than the reverse (also on lowered rates it can actually cover up sounds that would otherwise be fairly prominent on 1x) rather than using assist tick i prefer to play the chart itself to see how well the chart meshes with the song + you have notes to sounds that aren't audible on 1.0x

-technically the synth is on 16ths and also technically falls on the snare on m3.25 its not exactly the most clearly audible but its there (this is of course assuming we have the same mp3)

-the patterns aren't jacks but triplets (that result in a runningmen with the anchor on the 16ths which is i guess what you stepped -8ths) although i myself would not be opposed to putting jacks there instead but then again i have been known to put jacks to about anything and everything sooooo

-you missed a couple 24ths in there (it falls between the last 16th of both jack sets and the respective [12] jump afterward) if you wanna get super deduper technical although its barely audible on 0.6x and you probably wouldn't hear it if you weren't listening for it (though fairly prominent on 1.0 and might be something fun to call attention to idk)

i actually have no idea if you already know all this or not but you did indicate you were fairly new to stepping

it's also entirely possible that i have absolutely no idea what i'm talking about but you did inspire me to rechart the beginning of my file
Yeah I usually start stepping with just the music, then I use the assist tick just to make sure I'm on beat at certain parts, but thanks for the tips, feedback more than anything is what's been helping me the most with my files. And for this file I'm wanting to make it somewhat simple, not too difficult mostly because I can't really step anything harder than a 9 or so using FFR's difficulty system, but I'm getting there. :P

On a side note, VS PSYCHOSHY sooo good XD
Old 02-25-2012, 01:47 AM   #330
UserNameGoesHere
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to UserNameGoesHere

All congratulations to megamon for getting a pony song in the official game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UserNameGoesHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:31 AM   #331
m3t4kn1ght
I have a calico cat
FFR Veteran

congrats megamon, It's really awesome.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:37 AM   #332
at3
FFR Player

!!! So glad to see that there are ponies here
at3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2012, 05:01 PM   #333
HippieChan
FFR Player

I didn't expect there to be many bronies playing FFR when I rejoined, it's pretty suprising.

Now all that needs to happen is for one of us to make a simfile of a pony song (that blatantly has ponies in it, vs psychoshy isn't good enough B:<), and we'll be one step closer to world dawwwwwmination <:3c
HippieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2012, 05:20 PM   #334
megamon88
aka Assertive

Don't worry, I have 3 pony files I'll be sending in to the next batch
Old 03-1-2012, 05:20 PM   #335
HippieChan
FFR Player

Also, if it isn't too much to ask... Might I be able to maybeprobably~ join your team? c=>
Old 03-1-2012, 05:22 PM   #336
HippieChan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamon88 View Post
Don't worry, I have 3 pony files I'll be sending in to the next batch
I shall favorite them all, for my entire stepmania list consists of pony songs (it even has my pathetic attempt at a simfile for WoodenToaster's "Beyond her Garden" :v)
Old 03-1-2012, 05:54 PM   #337
megamon88
aka Assertive

Once the FFR Community Pack Spring 2012 comes out you should download it, I stepped a eurobeat brony song for it
Old 03-1-2012, 06:06 PM   #338
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Oh my god I didn't know there was an FFR community pack. You think I should submit my 20% cooler song into it with all its flashy goodness?

EDIT: Nvm. Already submitted it. Looking forward to it.

EDIT2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude View Post
Call Upon the Seaponies (EuroSHOOBEDOO Mix) (megamon88)
Hard
Acceptable.
Yes
Expert
- M43 (Beat 168) you missed 64th cymbal crash freezes here. Only spot you missed it pretty much.
- Good. Brony appeal.
Yes

20 Percent Cooler (Alex S. & LULZ)
Offset was early by 0.04. Global offset issue probably.
Easy
Acceptable. Bumping to Medium difficulty.
Yes
Hard
- Personally, would've preferred if the file was thoroughly layered for the percussive elements in addition to the vocal emphasis. It provides a lot of interesting layering opportunities.
- Layering's acceptable. Only downside is that the file is fairly uninteresting and boring since you barely layered any of the background stuff and the majority of the chart is straight 8th stream with some offset 16ths.
Yes
Although I do agree with him that it wasn't thoroughly layered, I didn't want to overlayer it (I'm new to stepping :P). But when I saw the green 'yes' at the bottom, it filled my heart with joy. Also, congratulations are in order for you as well Megamon.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 03-2-2012 at 06:53 AM..
gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-3-2012, 05:39 PM   #339
m3t4kn1ght
I have a calico cat
FFR Veteran

Love to see your 20% cooler file get in the pack gold stinger! You wouldnt believe how many times I played it at school aswell as rainbow dash likes girls and party with pinkie from megamon.
So yea, pack just got cooler by 20%
Old 03-3-2012, 05:57 PM   #340
megamon88
aka Assertive

I might step another pony song for it if I get around to it :P