Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2013, 07:18 PM   #221
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)

I would like to be added to this group chat everyone talks about, please. My skype address is on my profile.
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:29 PM   #222
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

YO ADD ME IN

also arch i can fix it up after reviews if you don't feel like doing it
Old 03-17-2013, 08:32 PM   #223
Jonlovesddr
h
FFR Veteran

add me in
skype linked to my profile
Old 03-17-2013, 09:11 PM   #224
bit.ly
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlovesddr View Post
add me in
skype linked to my profile
who r u
i didn kno u stepd
bit.ly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:18 PM   #225
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

I'm looking to find another song to step, so count me in? blindreper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
blindreper1179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #226
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to FissionMailed1

Check your skype.

YOUR THROBBING MULTIFARIOUS LUSTFUL DESIRES ARE COMPLETED N YOUR HYPER-ORANGE SELF, YOU MAKE ME LOVE AGAIN, YOU'VE CHANGED MY HEART, MY MELANCHOLIA DISAPPEARS WHEN YOU ARE INSIDE OF ME, MY HUMAN RAGE IS TEMPERED WHEN I AM INSIDE YOU, THE SECRET IS COMMUNICATION, LONGEVITY, STAMINA, REPETITION, FURY, SOULFUL KISSING, EARPLUGS. YOU FUCKING CORPORATE COCKS AND CUNTS.

MY ANXIETY COMPLETE, MY DESIRE REPLETE, THE TASTE OF ORANGE BLOOD AND CUM AND GREENBACKS RUNNING DOWN MY FACE. THE STREETS WILL RUN ORANGE WITH YOUR MIXTURE OF CHEETOS AND HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLS REGURGITATED AND EATEN AND SHIT OUT AGAIN AND EATEN AGAIN.

YOU ARE MY SCULPTURE, MY SCULPTRA, MY SELF-DEFINITION. MY DEFINITION OF HUMANITY, MY HARMONY. MY HEART AND MY MIND.

YOU ARE SO ORANGE. SO CRUNCHY. SO CONSUMABLE.

THE NEW ORANGE UNDERGROUND IS THE ORANGE UP MY ASS. AND YOUR ASS.

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.
FissionMailed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:47 PM   #227
t-rogdor
tane orb
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to t-rogdor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch0wl View Post
Is it OK if I make a file and then everyone can modify whatever it is they hate about it?

So then you'd just add your name to the tagline -- like an academic paper with coauthors, except with nerdy SM myopia instead of nerdy statistical myopia.

I want to submit but I don't care enough to revise the millions of little things people hate.
that's a kickass idea let's do it
I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.
t-rogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:57 PM   #228
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

p.s. i lied, i fixed up contact, also sent in jack-the-ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:32 PM   #229
Jonlovesddr
h
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bit.ly View Post
who r u
i didn kno u stepd
i stepped before my stepmania(s) went to shit
i got staiain's version now and hopefully i can start stepping again
Old 03-17-2013, 10:34 PM   #230
bit.ly
Banned

stepmania never went to shit tho..
bit.ly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:36 PM   #231
Jonlovesddr
h
FFR Veteran

it's not stepmania itself, it's my client(s)
they just got buggy and unusable
Old 03-18-2013, 05:50 AM   #232
dascookieman
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch0wl View Post
Is it OK if I make a file and then everyone can modify whatever it is they hate about it?

So then you'd just add your name to the tagline -- like an academic paper with coauthors, except with nerdy SM myopia instead of nerdy statistical myopia.

I want to submit but I don't care enough to revise the millions of little things people hate.
sure no problem, kommisar is becoming my right hand in this project

also as long as you can justify what it is that you're doing it will most often be fine if i liked the file as a whole, like bmah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
I might still make an easy chart, possibly index, if the pack will allow it.
absolutely allowed . i received your revision and will play it later, looking forward to it

Last edited by dascookieman; 03-18-2013 at 06:22 AM..
dascookieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:38 AM   #233
kommisar
Dark Chancellor

stepping a sort of experimental file. gonna try to make this work.

https://soundcloud.com/kommisar/kommisar-dynamite-girl-cut/s-HXd2F
Old 03-18-2013, 09:02 AM   #234
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

sounds like it lends itself for an awesome jack file with some intense streams later on but not sure if i'd play almost 4 minutes of that.
either way, you're fuccen kommi, you can make it work.
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:10 AM   #235
dascookieman
FFR Player

all files now have reviews. if your file hasn't been reviewed in this thread you need to contact me and tell me i've missed it.

Contact (revision)

ok this rules a whole lot now, it's really really fun and it has superhigh replay-value now that it's so much shorter. good level of difficulty, great file for scoring. looked at it quickly in the editor and there were very few errors i could find, didn't look closely at the bursts but at least most of them seemed perfect. have a look at these few things i found that you might wanna change, but this will be accepted anyhow.

measure 16&18, one 16th missing after the freeze
measure 21&25&29&33, i don't think the first 16th is there
measure 23&31, i don't think the last 16th is there

Howling

cool as fuck file HOLY SHIT. best file submitted so far i think

measure 2 missing 16th
measure 16-17 if you're following that new keyboard that comes in here there are a lot of 16ths missing, and if you're following the same one as in the previous sections, then there also are notes missing.
measure 28-36 this part is monstrously cool
measyre 36-42 this part is also awesome but i think you should lose the mines, the part is hard enough to MA as it is, with all the minigallops it gets a bit confusing and annoying with the mines i think. but the mine usage is great throughout the rest of the file.
measure 45 i don't like them being minifreezes, i think being trips is enough. it's a bit tricky to hit this properly and the minifreezes mess up the reading a bit i think
measure 50 missing 16ths
measure 52 the patterns aren't following the melody here
measure 53 you could of course have small gallops here instead of the mines, but it's fine
measure 60 missing 16th between the two last 3-16ths
measure 66&67. the 4ths where both the bassdrum and vocals hit should be a trip, i know it will create a minijack in a couple of spots but i think that's fine
other than that the ending stream is awesome

jack-the-ripper

fun file, well made and has nice variety. moderately challenging, i like the files to be a bit harder in general but this is a unique file with some really cool sections and nice variety.

measure 16-27 i don't really get this section. in the beginning you are converting the piano singles to small freezes when the bass hits at the same time instead of making it a jump, this is of course fine as it is just another layering technique, but then you have them as jumps in the half of this section?
measure 28-43 needs trips when the bass, percussion and piano hits at the same time since you are stepping all 3 (which is good)
measure 53-63 i would add something more here to get trips and more arrows

jomanda

it's a simple file but pretty fun because it's challenging, but since it doesn't offer anything special other than that speed-up i think it needs to be made a lot more accurately for it to be much more enjoyable to play. i dunno this one could end up being accepted i guess but i wouldn't count on it

measure 1-16 some 8ths are singles and some are jumps, it seems a bit random since the sound i think you are following is playing mostly constant 8ths and i don't think there's any prominent percussion except for the hi-hat hitting on most 8ths (except for where you have trips ofc)
measure 7-9 this stream is pretty bs? :P
measure 17-25 why are the melody 8ths jumps?
measure 35-41 there are missing 16ths going to that bass melody, and you shouldn't add notes going to something else when the bass melody isn't playing it just gets confusing. it's cool and hard anyway because of the speed-up
measure 49-65 i think you should just have the melody, the bass drum, the snare drum, and another arrow for the cymbal crashes stepped here. halfway through measure 62 an obvious 16th stream is playing though so from there you could have a stream
measure 70-73 don't stop following the melody here!
measure 74-82 i don't at all like that they are all jumps. just step the melody+the piano instead it will be really awesome and this should not be one of the harder parts of the file.
measure 82-91 once again i dont hear this stream...
measure 94-98 obvious errors and missed notes to the melody

Kanon Kanon

cool and hard file. the boring intro is quite long and the two parts with the rambling vocals are too similar, but it's a very good file after some revision i would definitely accept this

measure 1-9 you shouldn't have consecutive freezes on the same arrow when they aren't the same note, but this is not important.
measure 18 don't think all of them should be jumps
measure 19 the 32nd and the first 16th jump isn't there this time? i think it hits on the last 8th instead
measure 20 last 16th is a jump
measure 24 the first 16th is a jump
measure 28-44 i think this part should be made easier since it's the same in 110-126 and that way it'll be a more climactic ending and the file won't be as repetetive as well.
measure 28-44&110-126 notes going to the rambling vocals missing here and there
measure 60-76 use freezes imo

The World's Enemy

i can tell you worked hard on this and it's well-made but it just doesn't have any kind of flow when playing it. it's either slow 16ths or mostly slow color notes. it's just a tedious file to MA and it's unfortunate that it never happens anything else in the song to make it a more eventful file. i don't recommend stepping this kind of music in general because this is how the files turn out at best

Theme of Hawkeye

not bad but it's very simple and easy and relies too much on mines to make it more difficult. if you make a file this easy it has to have at least one really special and memorable part

Toki

the last part OMAFDGHASFHAAWESOOOOOME. i was thinking i was gonna purple this one because of the messy beginning but then i got to the part with the more and more extending freezes with is supercool and then the last part of the file RULZ.

measure 13-37 (1337 :O) this part is a mess i think? too lazy to look at it in detail now but it seems really messy inaccurate, both with missing and too many 16ths, and minijacks that shouldn't be jacks.
measure 51 first 4th trip
measure 52 add the 2 piano notes here too (first 4th and before the 24ths)
measure 53-69 is stepmania beauty but please don't copy paste, make minor changes to the patterns.

EOS (revision)

what a difference, great file. just a few more minor things

measure 9-17 :O this part is different now. that subtle sound is a bit hard to follow when playing but it makes this part more fun. i also think all the freezes should be jumps because i think that other sound hits all of those
measure 12 missing last 8th
measure 16 missing notes to accompany the 16ths
measure 53 still missing vocal 8ths
Old 03-18-2013, 09:12 AM   #236
kommisar
Dark Chancellor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 View Post
sounds like it lends itself for an awesome jack file with some intense streams later on but not sure if i'd play almost 4 minutes of that.
either way, you're fuccen kommi, you can make it work.
it used to be 5+ minutes haha

it does need a cut though you're right

stepping adept by je mapelle on stream

http://www.twitch.tv/kommisar

edit: and done

Last edited by kommisar; 03-18-2013 at 10:23 AM..
kommisar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #237
moches
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dascookieman View Post
Toki

the last part OMAFDGHASFHAAWESOOOOOME. i was thinking i was gonna purple this one because of the messy beginning but then i got to the part with the more and more extending freezes with is supercool and then the last part of the file RULZ.

measure 13-37 (1337 :O) this part is a mess i think? too lazy to look at it in detail now but it seems really messy inaccurate, both with missing and too many 16ths, and minijacks that shouldn't be jacks.
measure 51 first 4th trip
measure 52 add the 2 piano notes here too (first 4th and before the 24ths)
measure 53-69 is stepmania beauty but please don't copy paste, make minor changes to the patterns.
thanks for all of your notes, this is all super comprehensive stuff O.o I'm sure everybody's learning a lot.

quick thoughts/responses
-my style of layering depends heavily on 1) keysounding and 2) jack theory, so I'm guessing that's where a lot of the confusion re: 13-36 came from. I'll do my best to clarify here:

13-20: jumps are all to bass drum or very strong hits. I tried accentuating those whooshy vacuum sounds with minifreezes, but it felt off, so I opted for mines instead. as for the jacks that aren't really jacks, they're meant to emphasize how the synth melody is following a little gallop rhythm. same goes for the little minijacks in 20: I tried layering the jumps in with and without jacks, and it actually feels more smoother with the jacks (at least that's how I feel).

21-28: the counterpoint melody in the background going x.x..x.. (assume each x or . represents a 16th and that this pattern loops every two beats) is marked with minijacks. when it shifts to a different pitch (which is once every two measures), there's two minijacks, one leading into the jump on the downbeat and one immediately following it. that's just the general principle and due to pattern variation I had to break it a few times, but that's basically how this section works.

29-36: very similar to 29-36. those longer freezes that lead right into the next note accent each time there's a gap in the main melody.

it seems like this entire section is problematic for you, so I'm not quite sure how I should touch it up. maybe the best solution would be to create a different chart w/o all of the jacky stuff (and a toned-down ending) and have two charts. but it's your call.

EDIT: yeah, I can definitely see how this might have been way too intense for the song. I'll see if I can rearrange the patterns here.

fixed everything in 51-52, and I'll go back to the ending and mess with the patterns a little later.

Last edited by moches; 03-18-2013 at 10:09 AM..
moches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:27 AM   #238
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

Oh crap, i had fixed the first part in a different version actually, the layering was really unclear (first section you commented on in jack-the-ripper).

Fixed up contact, will fix up jtr and send both back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:16 AM   #239
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10

If I stepped ALL of "This Godless Endeavor" I wonder if you'd actually sit through it Glove

anyways. I'm waiting for my new laptop to come in so I can start making files. My brother's laptop (as I'll say for the third time ITT) is a piece of shit and Stepmania blinks and flickers when I open it. So once I get my new laptop expect A LOT of submissions from me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Shadow_God_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:29 AM   #240
rparty89
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dascookieman View Post
jomanda
measure 17-25 why are the melody 8ths jumps?
you can hear beats to the song

(i guess i'll remove them and put in the necessary jumps)
Also trying the make the total combo 1918 exactly because.

Last edited by rparty89; 03-18-2013 at 11:31 AM..
rparty89 is offline   Reply With Quote