Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Films and Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2015, 01:42 PM   #21
Deadlyx39
FFR Player

Default Re: Star Wars The Force Awakens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadlyx39 View Post
I want to read this thread but I'm scared because spoilers. Anyway, currently in the theater waiting to see the movie. I will be posting a spoiler free review if anyone cares about it.
Lol I forgot about this.

Anyway, the movie was overall good... But it felt very copy paste to Episode IV in the way that it shares many of the same story telling ideas that were found in episode IV. The movie had many great callbacks to the previous movies, but there were multiple plot holes that felt as if they were just glossed over for no particular reason. The battle scenes were good, there were some good twists (albeit easy to see ones), and it was an enjoyable experience with the active crowd watching the movie with me.

• The lightsaber that Finn obtains is supposed to be Luke's old lightsaber, however it's blue. Luke's blue saber was lost in episode V and it's never explained how the blue one was retrieved

• Even though Finn has 0 training in lightsaber duels, he puts up a good fight against Kylo Ren, a man trained in the art of lightsaber duels.

• Rey even defeats Kylo Ren even though she has 0 training. She also is shown to sense the force, as she convinced a storm trooper to let her go. It's never explained how she got to be this way.

• The story was copypasted from Episode IV. Planet gets blown up by super weapon. Super weapon has a glaring weakness. Good guys blow up super weapon. Established old character dies before main showdown. While it was enjoyable, it didn't exactly bring anything new to the table.

Overall Grade: 7.5/10 While the movie did nothing new in terms of storyline, it was overall a good movie that could've been better had some of the plot holes been better addressed. Would recommend to see once. IMAX didn't feel as worth it, but that might be because I didn't care for wearing the glasses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Blaster View Post
Why should I care about this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
whats in it for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz13114 View Post
Fun times and meme sluts
Quote:
ew meme sluts
ew fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
do you realize how asinine all of your posts are
Quote:
i would also like to take this opportunity to shout out deadlyx39

on the one hand i feel as though your absence from these forums is a shelled victory for all ffr forumites however after careful examination of my internal feeling apparatus i have come to the conclusion that i do in fact miss your posts

[...]

come back

i need to laugh at you

once more

Deadlyx39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 01:59 PM   #22
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadlyx39 View Post

• The lightsaber that Finn obtains is supposed to be Luke's old lightsaber, however it's blue. Luke's blue saber was lost in episode V and it's never explained how the blue one was retrieved

• Even though Finn has 0 training in lightsaber duels, he puts up a good fight against Kylo Ren, a man trained in the art of lightsaber duels.

• Rey even defeats Kylo Ren even though she has 0 training. She also is shown to sense the force, as she convinced a storm trooper to let her go. It's never explained how she got to be this way.

• The story was copypasted from Episode IV. Planet gets blown up by super weapon. Super weapon has a glaring weakness. Good guys blow up super weapon. Established old character dies before main showdown. While it was enjoyable, it didn't exactly bring anything new to the table.
These were my exact gripes.
Like Kylo seemed to be really strong despite Snoak saying that he needed "more training" (so hopefully he'll get stronger as the series progresses!) and he just get's matched by Finn who has stormtrooper training - essentially blaster training only as he himself said - and beaten by Rey, who admittedly is more of a badass than Finn given she at least has some sort of staff skills and ya know..the force awakening and whatnot, but is that really enough to beat someone trained in the arts? I'm just glad he didn't go the way of most every other cool enemy who got killed in their first appearance *cough* Maul, Dooku, Grievous, both Fettes etc *cough*

On the lightsaber, it could be a lightsaber he used in the time period between 6 and 7 when he was training the new order of Jedi that Kylo killed, that just ended up in their hands afterwards or perhaps he left it with them in some sort of foresight that a new Jedi would be looking for him, but they didn't do a very good job of explaining it.
Quote:
hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
what's a milky christmas :O

Last edited by Red Blaster; 12-20-2015 at 02:02 PM..
Red Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 02:46 PM   #23
Poison-
Nope
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadlyx39
Maz Kanata said "That's a story for another time." It will be revealed how she got it later on.

Quote:
The Stormtroopers clearly have training in how to deal with lightsabers as seen earlier in the film. That definitely helped him in that fight. You also have to remember that Kylo was severely injured by Chewbacca after Han died.

Quote:
Again, Kylo was injured. He was also afraid of her because he saw her getting more powerful as the battle went on. There are a few really good theories as to why Rey was able to beat him.

Quote:
I agree that a lot of the story points were taken from Episode IV. It didn't bother me as much as it seems to bother some people, but I do think it could have been toned down a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Blaster
Like Kylo seemed to be really strong despite Snoak saying that he needed "more training"
Kylo isn't a Sith or anything like that, so he's not even as powerful as Darth Maul was in Episode I. I do think his power was pretty inconsistent though. If theories of who Snoke is are true, Kylo will become much more powerful during his training with Snoke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Blaster
On the lightsaber, it could be a lightsaber he used in the time period between 6 and 7 when he was training the new order of Jedi that Kylo killed, that just ended up in their hands afterwards or perhaps he left it with them in some sort of foresight that a new Jedi would be looking for him, but they didn't do a very good job of explaining it.
It was Anakin's old lightsaber, which was handed down to Luke by Obi-Wan in Episode IV.
Poison- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 04:18 PM   #24
IwasAsquidOnce
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to IwasAsquidOnce

I think it woulda been better with better casting. I think Rey is fine. But Kylo and Finn's actors like, just plain and simple, looked goofy in the star wars universe. What's up with Kylo's flow game x.x
IwasAsquidOnce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 04:29 PM   #25
Poison-
Nope

Adam Driver and John Boyega were amazing. No idea what you're talking about.
Old 12-20-2015, 04:43 PM   #26
Deadlyx39
FFR Player

I guess it just seemed out of place considering the actors that normally play the villain in Star Wars movies (generally old guys)

I don't have any complaints about Boyega, other than it seemed a bit dry.
Quote:
Quote:
whats in it for me
Quote:
Fun times and meme sluts
Quote:
ew meme sluts
ew fun

Quote:
Quote:

on the one hand i feel as though your absence from these forums is a shelled victory for all ffr forumites however after careful examination of my internal feeling apparatus i have come to the conclusion that i do in fact miss your posts

[...]

come back

i need to laugh at you

once more

Old 12-20-2015, 04:54 PM   #27
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
Global ModeratorMultiplayer ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Kylo Ren's actor was such a pretty boy .-. (nohomo)
Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall
[3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Hi I see rapta come play TWG next game
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk
if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
Today at 12:53 AM
I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotik
When I think Mother’s Day, I think Venetian Snares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku
have you heard someone mention eating pancakes to negate friday 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk at 10:53:56pm on 10/26/11
OMFG VC! I want your programming fingers in or around my mouth OnO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storn at 3:03 PM
We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonE156 at 11:07 PM
You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class

Last edited by Rapta; 12-20-2015 at 04:54 PM..
Rapta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 04:55 PM   #28
Poison-
Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapta View Post
Kylo Ren's actor was such a pretty boy .-. (nohomo)
I guess that's what happens when Han Solo and Princess Leia are your parents
Old 12-20-2015, 05:04 PM   #29
Deadlyx39
FFR Player

Also, when I was in the bathroom after the movie, there were two little kids that were talking loudly about the movie. Too bad half the people in there hadn't seen the movie yet.
Should've gone and seen Alvin & The Chipmunks instead...
Quote:
Quote:
whats in it for me
Quote:
Fun times and meme sluts
Quote:
ew meme sluts
ew fun

Quote:
Quote:

[...]

come back

i need to laugh at you

once more

Old 12-20-2015, 05:27 PM   #30
Dynam0
The Dominator
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Welp just watched the movie so it's okay for me to open this thread now

Rey is totes Luke's daughter just sayin
Dynam0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 06:35 PM   #31
-JiZ53-
FFR Player

I wonder how much disney spent on advertising.
-JiZ53- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 05:53 PM   #32
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SCWolf Send a message via MSN to SCWolf Send a message via Skype™ to SCWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynam0 View Post

I'm thinking the same

Last edited by SCWolf; 12-21-2015 at 05:53 PM..
SCWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 09:01 PM   #33
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Watched movie

is good movie

han solo died

interested on how Disney will handle the next 2 movies considering the plot of this movie was obviously stolen

7/10

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 12-21-2015 at 09:02 PM..
gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 10:29 PM   #34
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynam0 View Post
Welp just watched the movie so it's okay for me to open this thread now

literally everyone already knows this

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
wow
j-rodd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 10:30 PM   #35
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

also just saw it, was really really good. only negative i have personally is some of it felt a tad rushed, especially in regards to the destruction at the end. the very very end left me very hype though, and i'm a fan of rei

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
wow
j-rodd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 07:21 AM   #36
ShadowDueler97
scarhand pls
FFR Veteran

I thought it was pretty good too. It had a very 2-dimensional plot. But I guess I can't expect too much of a deep story from Star Wars. A couple of things did feel a bit rushed and the comic relief could feel a bit forced (heh).
It did confuse me that Rei (Ray? Rey?) was able to beat that guy whose name I've already forgotten in the lightsaber duel even though she never touched a lightsaber before but das koo.
Pretty sad Han Solo died but now that I think about it, it should've been expected a bit.

It was visually entertaining but I hope they can do more with the story in the next movie(s).

Last edited by ShadowDueler97; 12-22-2015 at 07:24 AM..
ShadowDueler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 01:30 PM   #37
MarcusHawkins
Constantly Improving!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MarcusHawkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDueler97 View Post
It did confuse me that Rei (Ray? Rey?) was able to beat that guy whose name I've already forgotten in the lightsaber duel even though she never touched a lightsaber before but das koo.
His name is Kylo Ren, and I always forget his name as well, lol. Anywyas, Ray bit him because one, he was badly hurt, and two, Ray's a freaking Jedi, of course she'd beat him! (along with her use of the force)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Medley View Post

This man is three months too early.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badman7772 View Post
Guess I'll take another Quality Pack please. I won't have Hawkins luck but I'm sure I'll have badluck7772.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
what the fuck marcus lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
You should all thank MarcusHawkins btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDRNGGin View Post
Marcus is probably going to be the main man to win this (You will always be my DDR brother for life, MarcusHawkins! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Kitten View Post
Best Newbie
1st: MarcusHawkins: 4

Up And Coming FFRer
2nd: MarcusHawkins: 3
MarcusHawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 04:14 PM   #38
Poison-
Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusHawkins View Post
His name is Kylo Ren, and I always forget his name as well, lol. Anywyas, Ray bit him because one, he was badly hurt, and two, Ray's a freaking Jedi, of course she'd beat him! (along with her use of the force)
Rey isn't a Jedi.
Old 12-22-2015, 04:15 PM   #39
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

Snape kills dumbledore

Xiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 07:57 PM   #40
Dynam0
The Dominator
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poison- View Post
Rey isn't a Jedi.

Yet.

Tons of people were angry about why she rekt Kylo Ren but my thought is that she had Jedi training at a young age but for her protection it lay dormant in some way until it awoke (hence title of movie). What pissed me off more was how long Finn lasted against Kylo but eh there's arguments for that too, Kylo was injured and he's only still an apprentice, Finn was a stormtrooper and was likely trained in that type of combat (you see that when he has that earlier scrum with another stormtrooper).

Anyways it's good that there are some unanswered albeit insignificant details, the next movies will tell more. Who is Snoke for instance???

Last edited by Dynam0; 12-22-2015 at 07:58 PM..
Dynam0 is offline   Reply With Quote