Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Batch Forum > FFR Songs and Artist Permissions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2012, 02:12 AM   #11
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Denied Artist Permission Requests

While not rejected, I'll look more into this. I had a conversation with stavie33 concerning Theatrix permission and I think I might be able to get permission, but not exactly sure.

The people we're referring to here are Nils Hakansson and Joyce Hakansson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stavie33
So talked to him and Joyce today, apparently neither owns rights to any of the products or songs from them anymore, and multiple companies picked up rights. She said check out Tom Snyder Productions, as they bought the majority of the rights. She said she'd give us permission if she could, but since she no longer has any rights to it there's nothing she can do. Some apparently went to Scholastic as well. Hope this helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dossar
Thank you so much! You have no idea how thankful I am for you contacting them. I'll see what I can find out about Tom Snyder Productions. Did Joyce give any information about the song artists?
Quote:
unfortunately no. I asked her if I should leave my contact information (or an email) but she said there's absolutely nothing else she knows. I actually ended up getting their house number, he called her while we were in the office, and it was kinda weird talking to her at home about this, but they are really nice people. I could go ask if they know anything about the artists specifically, I didn't ask that. But apparently the rights are all over the place, Snyder just has the most. Apparently when Theatrix went down lots of companies decided to pick up the rights to lots of different things they worked on, and she has no idea who owns what now.
Quote:
Hey Dossar, talked to him again today. Apparently they don't remember or have the information for any of the artists anymore, and said I have the same amount of information as them, whatever's on the internet. I'm sorry it didn't work out better, kinda hoping it would too. Not sure scholastic would give us permission but could be worth a try.
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote