Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Batch Forum > Completed Sets
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2016, 03:31 PM   #1
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691
Default 2015 January/February Set 1 (Complete)

The results for Set 1 can be found in the 2015 January/February Results Thread.

Ant IDM - The Flashbulb
koumen break - sHimaU
Slashmaid - paraoka
The Friendly Wolf (Part 1) - Championanwar
YEAR OF THE BAD DRAGON - The Quick Brown Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 02-20-2016 at 11:07 PM..
Old 01-28-2016, 10:34 PM   #2
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: 2015 January/February Set 1

I did it, yaaaaaaay!

Alright, Ant IDM is a nice streamy, flowy file during the first half.

However, when the file introduces jump stream around... here

...I feel your roll-type patterns start to muddy up and you instead have all these one handed trills in this section which leads to a lot of awkward transitions. I'm not really a big fan of the sudden jump in difficulty either, but I suppose it's not the worst thing in the world.

Really, all I would have to suggest for something like this is probably redo that JS section so you can incorporate more roll patterns instead of the one handed trills. Everything else about this file is pretty fun!

Got some animes going on in this bitch!!!!

It's one of those "Easy at first but then throws hard shit at the end" files. A tamer Pandora, if you will.

First of all...

This part I think should've just been either those [1][4] jumps or [2][3] jumps all the way through and not change.

Speaking of it being one of those spikey files. I feel the types of patterns used for the bursts are very... erm... unforgiving given the overall difficulty of the chart. I heavily suggest to maybe make those bursts patterns jump-trillable and have the illusion of it being a scary pandora-like file! I think it would make people think more fondly of it than be one of those files where people go

"Wow, what an asshole file this is. Fuck this file, bro."

Is it the vocal one...?

IT IS, YEEEEESSS!!!

Sadly...

I don't think this file is up to snuff, unfortunately. It's an easier version of Slashmaid on FFR, but that's not why it's not up to snuff.

Ya see, the stepper in question...

...Has these lone 16ths in between some of the segments. Now I can't cry foul about it not following the song, but my goodness do these 16ths feel out of place! I suggest to take these out.

Now this here is what I call simplifying a bit too much. Those 12ths don't exist, and I know what you were going for too. It's not gonna be easy, but I suggest first fully stepping that roll-y drum sound at that spot, and then simplify that!

This section with guitar rifts and rafts like going crazy... I hope you know that these are not 12ths either, right? Those are all 16ths! Isolating at 1000 notes at .4 rate makes me sure this is the case (and because Dossar's version already on FFR, heheh)

Be may it not sync right here. It's surprisingly flowy, which is nice. I think you should redo this section with 16ths though! SORRY!

Eeeeee, I don't hear those 32nds!

Also... this an asshole way of ending the file, dohoho. I suggest changing that 32nd jump!

Overall, I can dig this soley because it's Slashmaid. But it's got some work to iron out, especially that 12th section!

Oooo baby some break beats!

There are MANY...

...And I do mean many...

...instances in the file where I see you stepped the 32nd drums, but then ignored it like a measure afterwards. I think for something like this, you'll need to step all those drums, no matter what! I think it would make a nice, bursty file if you stepped all the instances of those 32nd drums.

Oh! One more thing...

PLEASE GET RID OF THOSE CAMEL JACKS!!! And this is not the only instance of them either... thank you

And maybe one more thing actually.

So I'm not gonna gif it because it's at least 20 seconds long. At the end of the file, you have a lot of notes going to [3] and I think you could've added variety right here. I think you should make those long jacks different arrows for every measure I think.

If you don't want that, I'd suggest fading the song right there then, dohoho.

I think you got something here to be honest. You just need to fill in all the instances of those 32nds I think (and get rid of those nasty camel jacks)

Hey kid, want some dildos?

...Surprisingly flowy, despite it looking like it would play awful, hahaha.

However... if I may be picky-wicky

Many of these trilly patterns you got going on have [12] and [34] jumps with those fast gluts. I'm a firm believer that those are usually, 100%, ALWAYS awkward to hit no matter how you pattern the gluts. If they were going slower, I'd be cool, but eeeeeeh, not when it's this fast.

This happens a lot in the file too.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE, EEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWW...

Change this place, I beg of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

Last edited by Charu; 01-29-2016 at 03:54 PM..
Old 01-29-2016, 02:43 AM   #3
Frank Munoz
Vophie
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

1 ata time~
-this is takin longer than I thought i'll finish the other reviews tomorrow

7/10

I was gonna use the stepchart image to indicate measures but it seems to cutoff at m22 for me... oh well.

-flows okay,
-the opening melody line looks like it could be rearranged to suit the music better.
-isolation start "586"; the 32nd after the 16th is unnecessary.
-isolation start "1331"; the snare hit is stepped as a single arrow rather than a jump. Every snare is a jump except this one.
-Isolation start "1351"; I feel there is no need for this to be a jump, as it is inconsistent with what has been done before and after.

Everything else about this file is A ok, and it has really fun patterns as well even though I'm not a huge fan of JS. The easy ending is also cool cause once you AAA the hard stuff it's basically smooth sailing and not having to stress over it makes me happy.

7.999999/10

"wow, whoever stepped this must be a JACKass!" hahahasdaghfs

prolly my favourite chart outa this set. there are parts that are a bit questionable, but after playing it on some rates they're still just as questionable.

-had to change my global offset to +1
-isolation start "32"; this chart could prolly go without this 16th.
-isolation start "46"; the mini stream changes for variety, but i'd personally like to see it notated so it wasn't obviously done so. Maybe even just keep it falling to the left for those two beats, so it'll match the theme of "not changing" when there are repeated sounds.
-isolation start "249"; [14] jacks could have just stayed [14] instead of switching to [23]. though it does add some variety, i think it'd be best to stay [14] as it will compliment the ending of the file nicely. (Similar to what was mentioned for "46")
-isolation start "374, 487, 562"; was a bit eh about this at first, but ya know not everything's gotta be easy so I dig it now.

Gotta say, I love this file. Especially on 1.2x

4.5/10

not a fan of the opening notation,

-isolation start "75"; feels very 'open' from here(I dig the emphasis on the vocals, but it looks like the background notation suffered quite alot). Which isn't bad, but I don't think it matches the uhm.. intensity the music has.
-isolation start "254"; good stream ending with easy to hit hands, nice.
-isolation start "288"; the vocals have been this chart's primary attraction so far. I feel it's a bit silly not to step the vocal stutter here, and at "388" and maybe even "391".
-isolation start "446"; here, the vocal stutter is stepped, unlike from the previous times. From here on it becomes unclear what is being emphasized.
-isolation start "510"; vocals are no longer accented, but at "626" they return. Though it's only for a few measures(32 beats) this part is the place to widen the steps and have a cooldown for what's to come later, bring those vocals out; especially at "586".

I feel like Charu pretty much got the rest covered. This needs work.

3/10

too many things are unstepped
the drums/hihats are very prominent in this piece, and they seem to only be stepped 'sometimes'.

m16 - isolation start "71"; everything before this is great, once the drums come in none of the steps seem to match the music well.
m46 - vocals are nicely stepped
m55 - this would be nice if it were a hand, to accent the beautiful B♭ 4/2 chord
m57 - nice stepping here too.
m65 - from here on, the file has the same problems mentioned in m16.

There is potential, but the overall concept of this chart looks to be the wrong kind, and unfinished.

3/10

Overall, this chart has problems very similar to that of "The Friendly Wolf".

>pickups should start on beat 4 of the first measure, leading onto the first downbeat of measure two. Having beat 1 of the song start on beat 3 of the chart not only makes it annoying to annotate, it gives unnecessary work for the stepper.

There are spots where the kick and vocals are stepped as hands, then later they are not. Sometimes the kicks are stepped as jumps but later, even though they share the same frequency, are stepped as single arrows. This makes the chart noticeably inconsistent, but it is organised with it's inconsistencies; until the end of the file.
Though the reasons for the patterns being so contradicting is apparent, to make the file less dense, the places they are done at do not match the song.

once the pickups into m10 hits, the file gets muddy.
It looks like the kicks are being focused on, but then it just shifts and varies in between phrases; pitch relevancy diminishes during this as well.
Also the kicks are obviously hitting every 16th beat, but they are stepped as jumps every 8th beat. Then near the end of both cadences the 16th kicks are all jumps... sometimes.

m25 - 16th note kicks are stepped as jumps most of the time. compared to m10 where they were not

Too many problems to list tbh...

Last edited by Frank Munoz; 02-2-2016 at 02:06 AM..
Old 01-29-2016, 05:03 AM   #4
hi19hi19
lol happy

If I remember correctly from the review I did over a year ago, the "trilly" guitar solo section of Slashmaid is neither 12ths nor 16ths. It's messy as fuck and 12ths are a decent approximation.

I recall trying that guitar section dicksynced. It was bad.

I'll have to check again when I get back home this weekend.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 01-29-2016 at 05:04 AM..
Old 01-29-2016, 12:23 PM   #5
HeZe
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to HeZe

Pretty nice overall, flowy and all sorts. FFR needs more of this kind of files. 8/10
- Feels a bit like a dump in many places, for example M39-M53. Not that I wouldn't enjoy dumps tho!
- In the end of M22 the polyburst seems too dense.
Diff 78-80

Overall a playable file. 6,5/10
- What a brutal change in difficulty at m24.
- The pattern in middle of m6 is not very flowy.
- 16th jumps at m9 doesn't feel right.
- First pattern at m15 doesn't feel right.
Those jumpjacks at at m24 and the ones in the end are killers. This will be a struggle for many to AAA.
Diff 78-83

A bit glitchy at places, but very good. 7/10
- m6 onwards the slowish 16th note patterns are not very flowy. This thing goes on for the whole first half of the song.
- m33 burst seems too dense.
- m44-m46 the jump pattern seems somehow wrong.
- After this all the polytrills and streams are really nice!
- M110-M125 the jumps between the streams don't flow.
Diff 81-84

Very flowy with some healthy glitchiness. 8.5/5
- M48 the jack makes too much difference to the surrounding patterns.
- M49 the vocals seem a bit off.
- This pattern in M113-M129 is really good. I don't think that we have a pattern exactly like this anywhere in FFR yet. I really like it.
- The minijack at M129 doesn't feel right.
Diff 67-70

Interesting. I didn't like this to start with but once I played it being warmed up, it appeared to be my favorite. The patterns are challenging, but not dumpy at all. 8.5/5
- If I would change something, they would be the triples at m45.
Diff 86-87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
Your strengths and weaknesses may never change, but they will still get better as you do, albeit disproportionately of course. You're bad at jumpstream, so just play jumpstream files. Play them for hours. Play ones you have to struggle to SDG, and play ones hard enough to make your hands and arms burn. Then play them some more. Then, the day after the next, play them again. If you aren't already doing this, you can't say you're stuck. Plateauing doesn't really exist, if you aren't improving it means you haven't put in the effort needed to improve, or your effort has been misapplied. It's more of a problem at really high levels, but never totally concrete.

Last edited by HeZe; 01-29-2016 at 12:30 PM..
Old 01-29-2016, 02:01 PM   #6
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

- I thought the file did rather well. It was definitely structured in a way that it didn't seem like there were any noticable ghosted notes or notes that were exaggerated.
- As soon as the file started, there was a noticable absensce of pitch relevance throughout the entire file, which is kind of disappointing, but the charting in terms of information-noise ratio was spot on.
- Did feel like during the 32nd js area, 783 notes in, you did that part correctly, but the rest of the 32nd js areas have some awkward patterns placed here and there, and makes it difficult to deal with, the large majority feeling like the jumps are random and don't co-operate with 32nd stream there, with an exception for the short 32nd break area that starts directly at 783 notes in, and the [34][34][34][34] jump emphasis part going with 32nds. Those parts are fine. Again:

these parts I liked, the rest of the 32nds felt like it was stepped to be piss hard.
- This kind of patterning makes me angry, but given it's at a slow bpm, it's acceptable.

- this area was also a bit awkward to hit. Idk, I would have used [13][24][13][14] or something, but that's just me.

Overall
Would put this file into conditional as to address pitch relevance and awkward 32nds. Don't know exactly what I can say that's awkward about 32nds in there, but maybe others will be able to better address it than me.

- There isn't much really to point out with this file imo, it's got pitch relevance, and follows note patterning to a tee. Most of the fault is the song choice for out of place patterning, mostly because [14][23][14][23] long section.
- These areas, feel like they can be stepped many different ways. Part of me says they're technically accurate, another part of me says cut out the first 8th jump & just include the 16th & 4th jumps, and then the short js afterwards, at which the technically accurate part of me rebuttles on that saying that the first 3 or 4 jumps (depending on how you look at it) should probably be the same jump, given how many jumpjacks there are in this file.

- Currently some layering issues in-game regarding the 48ths, just thought that I should bring that up.

Overall
I would accept it with a 7/10. The areas I pointed out are but a mere annoyance to me, I don't mind them at all, the voices in my head mind though. But when it comes to actually playing the song, I don't mind all that much. It was fun to play for a small file.

As a person who has dumped YEAR OF THE BAD DRAGON in the first pack I ever released, I can't help but feel like someone took my file here and made their own looking at my dump file as an example. Kudos to whoever stepped it though I thoroughly enjoyed this part at 120bpm consider me japed

Just felt like someone looked at my file here, and watered it down/made it denser in places that needed it. No offense, if you were trying to actually step the file, you really excelled in a couple places, it's just, it needs a lot of work. And for the most part, the file is correct in pitch & in terms of jumps & hands.

(quick plug for my pack if someone wants to look at my version: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=136157)

Alright, let's do this.

- missing [3] 16th before the [24]

- missing a 16th in between the 4th note and the 32nd trill here

- again another missing 16th note, it's becoming a recurring percussion exclusion.

- There's quite a couple of jacks in the file that don't feel like they're justified to be there, like this one as an example:

example no.2, not to mention that this becomes the norm for every triplet or 2-part 16ths nearing the end of the file. There's no consistency between the intro & ending of the file, even though they are practically the same.

- Please don't put random jacks in 16th densejs with 32nds & stuff thrown in, that kind of stuff is infuriating.

- fgfgfgffgfsdgddfdfgdfgdfgdfgdfgdfgdfggdfg

- in the part directly after that, there are some arrows where there really shouldn't be arrows, because there's nothing to go to.

it's done here as well.

- Don't have much of a problem with the buildup section before it goes into the really fast section, other than it follows and falls out of pitch relevance every couple of notes.
- It's beyond my ability to even dissect the densest js area in the song, just gonna skip talking about that.
- I think you might be missing some notes right here

- At the end of the file now, making a quick comparison between the start of the file and the end of the file, again just not really seeing the justification of these jacks:

- Considering all the other whammy & whizzy sounds were stepped, there's a missing 8th note at the end of the file:

Overall
There was a ton of stuff that I haven't covered mostly because there's so much of it, and I now have a newfound hatred for Charu for not analyzing it as much as he did Slashmaid, and HeZe thinking it wasn't dumpy. If I were a judge I'd have to regrettably reject it, even though I kind of like the song. ;-;

Not commenting on Slashmaid because I thought the file was pretty alright, and would be okay with that being in-game but there's a lot of controversy on it.

And, The Friendly Wolf felt like it only stepped 75% of the notes that it should have. There are multiple parts in that song where I'm doing 32nd rolls and there's a jump at the end of them, but audibly the 32nd rolls keep going.

Maybe I'll come back to those two on a later date if available but for right now, nuh-uh.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 01-29-2016 at 02:13 PM..
Old 01-29-2016, 02:04 PM   #7
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post

- Currently some layering issues in-game regarding the 48ths, just thought that I should bring that up.
Just wanted to touch on this, a lot of harder/burst type files will convert like this. We do frame fixes to them before they go in game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
Old 01-29-2016, 03:52 PM   #8
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
I now have a newfound hatred for Charu for not analyzing it as much as he did Slashmaid
Given the tools, I can't be extremely specific to missing note placements unless it's deathly apparent, dohoho.

And hey, it flowed well to me! I would just like if the stepper got rid of those camel jacks is all.

And maybe re-arrange those gluts so they're not incredibly awkward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

Last edited by Charu; 01-29-2016 at 03:52 PM..
Old 01-29-2016, 09:50 PM   #9
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

fair enough, I mean, I did have a copy of the song in DDream so I could stop & play the song at will side by side with the other chart.

- Tosh 2014

Old 02-2-2016, 02:07 AM   #10
Frank Munoz
Vophie
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

bump cause i finally finished a set.
Old 02-3-2016, 05:07 PM   #11
lurker
ur worst nitemare

ant idm: potential 4-5. incredibly lazy and uninspired with no regards to what sounds are actually being stepped. becomes obvious during the first 4 measures where there is no PR and two clearly different snare sounds are stepped exactly the same. probably made solely to spam 32nd js

koumen break: likely accept. pretty cute but there's a minor concern with song structure (intro is a pretty large amount of a short file)

Last edited by lurker; 02-3-2016 at 05:08 PM..
Old 02-12-2016, 09:46 PM   #12
M0nkeyz
Simfile Judge
Simfile JudgeDifficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

ANT IDM | 6/10

File felt extremely repetitive, besides the bpm changes it was just drumsounds and a single melody. 'The song itself wasn't bad, but it didn't lend itself for an all-round versatile stepchart. In a way the song is similar to ''October'', but the patterns felt awkward for me from around 550 combo. didn't think the PR was that bad.

Koumen break | 6.5/10

My biggest problem with the file is more a personal one than a fault in the chart itself, I don't like the difficulty ramp up in this one. It felt too extreme, the intro was easy and then BAM it turns from a lvl 25 file into a lvl 80 file. I didn't like that. There are a ton of files that start easy and become harder ( serenade/perfect cherry storm come to mind), but they gradually do so. The PR seemed good.

Slashmaid | ?/10

screaming was too much for my ears... couldn't play this one with sound.. Might review it later...
Old 02-13-2016, 09:49 PM   #13
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Ant IDM: 7.5/10 Accept
No real complaints! the jumpstream part was way too much of a difficulty spike though

koumen break: 7/10 Accept
That was GREAT. I found the jumps at the end of the bursts a bit too cancerous for me, but other than that I loved it!

Slashmaid: 8/10 Accept
This girl really is having a good time............. or is she?

The Friendly Wolf: 5.5/10 light reject
Most bursts were awkward to pull of at that speed. I mostly had a problem with their choice of pattern, which created hidden minijacks that really clashed with the song. The way the song ends felt to me like it was at first dragging to fade out, then cut out of nowhere...

Year of the Bad Dragon: 7/10 light accept
This is definitely aimed above my skill range, so that's a given... Yet, I managed to find some truly awkward patterns in there (most offensive, m45).

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Old 02-18-2016, 12:11 AM   #14
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

I'm not the best reviewer, but here are my thoughts on the first few -

Ant IDM
Felt quite a bit spiky to me (compared to the music), felt a bit too much like stepping every sound in the song. Yes, it seems like every note is attached to some sound, but it makes the layering feel awkward to me. Some jump-jacks felt a bit unnecessary in relation to the sounds produced.

The song is structured well, and I admit it's not really the kind of chart that I enjoy playing. Putting that aside, I think some of the patterning feels clunky and without much flow. To me, a bit of rework in PR and flow can make this a great chart.

6.5 / 10

koumen break - sHimaU

The layering seems well placed and bursts all seem appropriate. Beginning's occasional jumpjacks hinted towards what was coming at the ending, and I liked that bit of foreshadowing.

8.5 / 10

Slashmaid - paraoka
I'm going to skip over this one because I don't think it should be in the game, even though it is technically a different sound file (the one in the game is instrumental). Most other duplicates in the game are vastly different from each other in difficulty, and these are just too close not for me to consider a duplicate.

I don't have a whole lot to say about this chart, seems to be layered a flows well. The tougher jack transitions seem to be used at appropriate times. Seems well constructed and challenging. A bit above my skill level, but seems layered appropriately.

8.5 / 10

I especially enjoyed the Hall of the Mountain King section, once again seems well constructed and way above my skill level. Not really the kind of music I'd listen to, but I won't hold that against it.

9 / 10

These are pretty much all above my skill level, so it was hard for me to go into much detail. That's how they felt to me though, take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited by TheSaxRunner05; 02-18-2016 at 12:12 AM.. Reason: Grammar
Old 02-19-2016, 07:07 PM   #15
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

gameboy42690 is the primary judge for January 2015 Set 1.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:30 PM   #16
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

gameboy42690 finished the primary judge task for January 2015 Set 1. The notes can be seen below; this thread is being moved over to Completed Sets and the results/notes will be updated in the January/February 2015 thread.

[8*/10] Ant IDM {The Flashbulb} (ilikexd)
2.014: PR in the intro needs some serious retuning. Taking the first two measures as an example, you stepped "1 2-3-4 1 4 1-4-3 2", but something like "2 1-4-3 2 3 2-4-3 1" would work much better. It’s really lazy and should be fixed. What you stepped is at least stepped consistently when the melody repeats itself, so I'll give you credit for that.
30.378 & 30.651: These cymbal crashes should probably both be triples. If you had only stepped triples when there was a cymbal crash and a snare drum at the same time, I wouldn't really have a problem here. But there's moments in the file where there's only a cymbal crash and you step a triple anyway (28.196 for example).
33.651 & 33.923: Same issue here.
40.577: Again here.
58.988 & 59.400: And again here etc. you get the idea, there's a lot of cymbal crashes that didn't get stepped as triples when they probably should have.
83.617: This part feels kind of empty to me without that hi-hat playing every 8th note stepped. Minor nitpick.
98.617: HUGE difficulty spike, but to be fair the song does call for it and it's VERY fun if you ask me.
- I noticed a lot of players suggesting that there's some awkward patterns in the jumpstream. For the most part I think it flows very well and there's not much that could be done to make it more flowy without abusing roll patterns throughout the entire thing. I personally don't think anything needs to be changed but it would be worth it to look over this part again anyway.
This is a very good file but I think the PR absolutely needs to be addressed first. It’s a really simple fix but it would make such a big difference.

[7.5/10] koumen break {sHimaU} (ilikexd)
12.389: Nothing wrong with this note on its own, but the note at 13.446 is higher than the one here so the PR doesn't quite work. 3 2-3-4 would likely work better.
18.269 & 18.485: If you're going to layer in the flute along with the vocals, then these two notes need to be jumps.
21.382: PR got weird here. The highest note (21.931) is all the way to the left when it would make more sense to be on the right.
32.034: PR issue again. This would make more sense as 2-1-2 instead of 1-2-3
49.584: So I guess this file is a mini-Pandora. :P
51.708: This last [23] jump would feel a little better as a [14] jump. Something like this would more clearly stress the beginning of this new part of the song (if that makes sense, not sure if I’m explaining it well).
51.973: Regardless of whether you do the above or not, this jump should at least be the same as the jump before it.
59.805: I guess from a technical standpoint these hands make sense, but they just weren't that fun.
66.177: This burst was kinda ugly; something jumptrillable would be better (especially since most of the bursts in this file are already designed to be jumptrillable).
76.266 & 76.531: Same thing with these two hands as 59.805. In particular these crashes are somewhat muted compared to the other crashes in the song, which is part of the reason they felt so weird to me.
77.195: This long series of jumps is deceptively evil! I can see a lot of players easily splitting these jumps.
85.159: Missing a grace note just before the quad (obviously the quad is going to need to be changed to a triple in order to support the grace note).
The first half of this file is kinda meh due to the song itself, but once the breakcore half of the song kicks in it's generally pretty good.

[7/10] Slashmaid {paraoka} (ilikexd)
- This song... wow... Viewer discresion is advised.
11.754, 12.260, etc.: These lone 16ths are technically correct, but you have to listen VERY closely to even pick up on what they're going to. I'm questioning whether or not they should be left in or not.
15.171: 16th jump should be a single note. The vocal falls somewhere between the 8th and the following 16th (stepping the 8th as a jump would be a decent approximation).
25.741: Missing triple going to the cymbal crash (or alternatively, missing jump going to the vocalist's... excitement. Either way there's missing layering here.)
53.589 & 53.842: I find it strange that these guitar riffs aren't layered, but the guitar at 55.108 etc. is layered as triples.
57.893: Same as above. This fixation on only layering the vocals as jumps sometimes works against you.
63.209: Missing triple.
68.916: The guitar feels much heavier than the drum at 68.787, so having this 8th note as only a single instead of a jump or triple feels off.
72.932: Should be a jump.
73.062: Missing 8th going to the guitar. There's tons of polyrhythms mixed into the 12th streams later on, so I don't get why you excluded a polyrhythm here.
75.486: This 24th burst should actually be 16ths. I assume you know that and you just wanted it to flow better from the 12th trill, but it felt wrong when I played it.
79.956: These are 16ths, not 12ths.
91.017: Missing 8th
95.067: Missing 8th
111.006: Ghost note
111.649: Ghost note
113.220 etc.: The three [12] jumps in a row work for the vocals, but by doing this you end up ignoring the guitar. Making the second jump a [14] would acknowledge both the vocal (three consecutive notes on column 1) and the guitar.
114.220: I really think the guitar should continue to be stepped with jumps instead of suddenly shifting to stepping only the vocals with jumps. But as long as you made this switch in layering, this 16th and the following 8th should swap columns. Instead of [24]-1-3, [24]-3-1 would help with pitch relevancy (the guitar plays a lower note on 114.363 than on 113.791).
135.493-135.951: Ghost 32nd stream.
- I think this file has enough differences from the in-game version that this one could go in as well (after fixes are made).

[3/10] The Friendly Wolf (Part 1) {Championanwar} (Xtreme2252)
5.615: Quarter note jump would be a bit more pitch relevant as a [13] jump instead of a [12] jump.
13.224: I'm no piano expert and I can't really tell when a chord is actually three keys or just two, so I can't say if this is technically accurate... but going from a triple at 12.354 to a jump here didn't feel right. For the sake of FFR I'm thinking these triples in the intro should be bumped down to jumps, especially since there's almost no triples to be found anywhere after the intro anyway. (On that note, the handful of triples that do get used after the intro aren't used consistently.)
19.963: [23] jump would be more pitch relevant.
22.572: Very low note; move this to column 1.
24.311: Should be moved to column 2, with the grace note in column 3.
28.224: Lots of ghosting here. I get what you're trying to do but the 16ths don't feel right and the 64th bursts weren't fun. The third 64th burst really didn't fit at all.
31.702: Don't forget to keep PR in mind when you step these jumps. This piano note is lower than the one at 30.180, so stepping both notes with a [13] jump doesn't make sense. The second one works better as a [12] jump. Make sure to look for PR errors in the rest of the file too, because there’s a lot of them.
36.539: Missing 32nd. When you add it in, make sure you adjust the patterns so it flows nicely with the additional 32nd.
39.094: There's a whole bunch of missing 32nds here.
40.507: Missing 16th.
- There's a noticeable trend of leaving random notes out during the entire file. Naming every single missing note would result in a massive review, so if I mention missing notes again it's mostly because there's something else I wanted to say in addition to the missing notes.
43.876: Change the jump to a [12] to make this bit flow better.
45.670: I assume the intention was for this 32nd to be a grace note. But since there's also 32nds just before the jump, instead you get the illusion of one continuous stream which is not what the song is playing. Besides, most of your other grace notes are 48ths so I don't get why this one wasn't a 48th as well.
46.267: Lots of missing notes here, but I actually think for the softer buzzing it works better to step 16ths instead, and leave the 32nds for the louder buzzing. If you step all the buzzing with 32nds this file could get very messy if not done correctly. Tinker around with different stepping approaches and see which one is most fun. Just remember to settle on one approach and stay consistent with it.
52.028: This minijack doesn't go to anything.
52.572 & 53.333: And these two minijacks are pretty random too.
56.920: Transitioning from the burst to this jump is awkward. Consider either moving the 16th at 56.811 to column 1 or changing the jump into a [14] jump.
57.789: Starting after this point, layering starts getting really weird. The piano is stepped pretty consistently (but you're still having PR issues), but whether or not certain drums get layered as jumps is very random. Obviously nobody's looking to have every single 16th drum stepped as a jump, but at the very least the louder drum beats should probably be stepped as jumps. The bass kick and the snare are the two that you’ll likely want to focus on. You do this on occasion but it’s never done consistently.
73.876: The minijacks and one-hand bias make for a really gross pattern.
84.746 & 85.180: The drum really isn't loud enough to warrant using triples.
99.528-111.702: I've been pretty negative in this review, so I just wanted to point out this section and say the PR is pretty spot-on here.
113.441: From here onward you continue to have very inconsistent layering. Sometimes the snare is a jump, sometimes it isn't. Sometimes the bass kick is a jump, sometimes it isn't.
115.072: Ugly one handed 32nd burst.
118.550: This 48th cameljack is a horrible pattern and needs to go.
140.398: Past this point, jumps become strangely scarce despite there being plenty of opportunities for jumps to be placed.
157.789: The jumpglut would have been nice if you followed through with it instead of switching to single notes at 158.224.
158.659: Of all the missing notes in this file, this was probably one of the strangest. This gap is so random, there's no justification for leaving this part blank.
161.485: The minijacks don't really do a good job of accenting the buzzing. 32nd bursts would work better.
210.833: As the song is fading out, it makes more sense for the file to gradually get easier, not harder. When the song gets less intense, the file should follow suit.

This file is very messy and inconsistent. There's a handful of nice ideas but major work needs to be done before this file can be considered for FFR.

[3/10] YEAR OF THE BAD DRAGON {The Quick Brown Fox} (Xtreme2252)
- Never in my life did I ever imagine hearing a speedcore remix of Pomp and Circumstance. I'll keep this in mind if for some reason I ever decide a graduation ceremony needs a little extra kick.
- gold stinger made a lot of great points in the public thread about this file. Many of those points I've repeated in this review. Kudos to him for going as in-depth as he did (and for saving me a bit of time :P).
1.990: A lot of the cymbal crashes in the intro are stepped as triples, which I like. Unfortunately, that triple use isn't consistent. This very first jump in the file should also have been a triple. Additionally, the high-speed bass rushes were stepped as trills, but the very first 32nds in the file are stepped as a roll instead. Again, inconsistent with everything else in the intro.
3.740: I like how the repeated drum is stepped with repeated 8ths, but again you're inconsistent in doing this. 8ths like what you have from 1.990-2.740 are more freeform instead of repeating. While you don't need to have one giant long column of 8ths, you do at least need to stay consistent with anchor usage. Example: Move the 8th at 3.740 to column 4, which would connect the jumps before and after the 8th. Change the 8th at 4.740 to column 2 (and shuffle the 24ths however you want to avoid 24th jacks), and change the 8th at 5.240 to column 4 (or change the 4th at 5.490 to column 3, your choice).
9.365: Minijack is inconsistent with how you normally stepped 16ths here.
10.115: Same issue here.
10.740: 1-2-3-[12] patterns generally aren't that fun.
12.740: 3-1-2-[13] patterns aren't much better.
15.490, 15.740, 15.990: All three of these cymbal crashes should be triples.
16.990: Lots of nasty right-hand bias here.
17.990: Once the song goes full-on speedcore, it makes more sense to double the BPM. Not necessarily required but it just feels right. The lack of jumpspam is also surprising... and inconsistent with later in the file. At 49.990 you go all out with jumpgluts, and again at 105.990. Even if you just wanted to step only the cymbals as jumps, you're still missing a few jumps.
- Obviously you're not going to want literally everything to be a jump. The bursts are a great time to break away from the jumps, particularly since the bursts use a different drum and not the pounding bass you hear most of the time.
19.865: Most of the time when there's a burst faster than 32nds, you've been using 48ths. But here you have 64ths instead. I found the 48ths more fun, so stick with that.
21.615: Missing 16th.
27.490: Considering there's a very long jack coming up, I'm surprised there wasn't another jack here. I'm especially surprised that there weren't any jumps here.
27.990: Ignoring the fact that this jack is really rough (to quote gold stinger, "fgfgfgffgfsdgddfdfgdfgdfgdfgdfgdfgdfggdfg"), the first two notes of the jack should be broken up; they're not going to the same drum as 28.240 onward.
29.490 & 29.865: Both of these should be 48th bursts (or 64th bursts, whatever you end up deciding on. Again, 48ths are more fun.)
33.615: Missing note.
33.865: Missing note again.
33.990: oh god this song
37.990-41.490: Ideally this should just be a direct copy & paste of 33.990-37.490 instead of changing the patterns around.
49.115: Missing burst
51.865: Again, there's indecision on whether or not you want to step the bursts with 64ths or 48ths.
53.490: One-handed 48th cameljack is gross.
57.365: Missing note.
57.615: Missing note.
57.865: Burst should continue into the jump.
61.615: Missing note again. I don't know why, but these incomplete bursts keep showing up.
65.990-79.990: This should just be a direct copy & paste of the intro. Everything is played exactly the same as it was before, so the notes should reflect that. For everything after 79.990, you know what you need to work on. Get rid of the random 16th jacks, put triples where necessary, etc.
88.990: Nevermind the fact that two one-handed 48th cameljacks in a row is really gross, 48ths aren't even correct in either case. These are both 32nds.
119.990: Ending needs its pitch relevancy worked on.
What you have is a good start but this file needs a lot of fixing up.