Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2013, 01:33 AM   #21
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto
Default Re: favorite dog??

ive got a shepherd/rott mix and he's awesome, really cute and handsome, plus obedient and nice and loves people, never pulled on the leash at all and loves squeaking his toys at me when i get home

love cats too, i really just love animals. i never got why people werent connected to animals but some people just aren't drawn to them, usually just scared or cant deal with them or both

people usually say, i dunno why you like dogs, they just are loud and scratch you and are in the way, and smell, don't offer anything. same people usually aren't that into nature and stuff too I've found but some people love nature but hate animals ~_~ people are confusing. but i think its mostly cause they suck at interacting with animals, usually cause they never grew up with any and have no practice or they harbor some sort of resentment because of a few animals they met in the past scratched them or barked too loud in their ear or something

anyways omg newfies and there was this corgi/collie mix puppy today that was so pretty and sweet and she still had puppy breath 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tao of Dossar
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.

Last edited by Syhto; 06-20-2013 at 01:35 AM..
Syhto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:36 AM   #22
Senip
Forum User

Here's a story get ur tissues.

I had a newfoundland when I was growing up, he found us (he was technically a chow/newfie mix, but still...)

He became the neighborhood dog, he'd be there when I woke up and would greet me, I'd feed him and play with him for a bit then go to school, then he'd join my neighbors on their walk to guide them (they were older and we lived out in the country, so I guess he assumed they needed help), then would go visit the neighbors about half a mile down where the kids would ride on him and stuff. Snow would come and he'd rescue the kids if they got stuck by wandering over to them and letting them hold onto him while he was dragging them out of the deep snow. If we went fishing, he'd go swimming with us, and the only time I ever heard him howl (or even bark viciously) was when a siren went off while watching Halloween 2 (the original) and it startled him.

He did that for years, never had any complaints with him, he was always the sweetest dog. When he was probably 10, I was in college, and I got a phone call. My dad was telling me that my cousin had been coming up the drive and smacked him, knocking his hip out (which is fixable, mind you) and that he was in a lot of pain. So I assumed "hey, I'll come down to see him, then they'll get him fixed up, and everything will be okay!"

about 2 hours after telling my dad that I was coming down, my stepmother called me and said "Don't come down, we put him to sleep." *Click* That was the end to my dog, Mister B (Mister Big Black Dog, I didnt name him). Put down because my stepmom couldnt stand the idea of me coming down to see him.

This isn't the first time that she'd done something like that, she refused to take my mom's old mini schnauzer to the vet "because it was expensive" and gave it sleeping pills until it died. It took something ridiculous like 40 pills, the first 20 they gave him just perked him up and he was back to being his old self. My mom also had a malamut who was named Riley (Riley! Whats your name? Rahreh Roo!) that she refused to give heart worm pills, so, again, the malamut, the most majestic dog I'd ever seen, died when he was like 5.

Last edited by Senip; 06-20-2013 at 01:38 AM..
Senip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:05 AM   #23
Banned
FFR Veteran

your stepmother is a cruel bitch
top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:16 AM   #24
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto

agreed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tao of Dossar
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.
Syhto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:50 AM   #25
SC_coolguy44
Harmonoize
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to SC_coolguy44

My favourite dog is called a cat because I know this will sound really embarrassing, but I'm absolutely terrified of dogs.
SC_coolguy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #26
dascookieman
FFR Player

dogs are disgusting
Old 06-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #27
xVaLoRx
MYFUCKINGSOUND
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dascookieman View Post
dogs are disgusting
gloves are disgusting !!!
Old 06-20-2013, 10:46 AM   #28
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

If I weren't too lazy I'd scan a photo of the dog I grew up with, Moki. She was a mutt, but she looked like a border collie/corgi mix with long hair. Sooo full of energy and would jump up on everyone, but was great with toddlers who didn't know better and would pull her fur. I have a framed photo of her next to my desk, but none of my family, friends or husband. >>

No pets right now. As soon as I'm in a house that's gonna change.

Last edited by Cavernio; 06-20-2013 at 10:49 AM..
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:35 AM   #29
JohnRedWolf87
Backlogger of Hobbies
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senip View Post
Here's a story get ur tissues.

I had a newfoundland when I was growing up, he found us (he was technically a chow/newfie mix, but still...)

He became the neighborhood dog, he'd be there when I woke up and would greet me, I'd feed him and play with him for a bit then go to school, then he'd join my neighbors on their walk to guide them (they were older and we lived out in the country, so I guess he assumed they needed help), then would go visit the neighbors about half a mile down where the kids would ride on him and stuff. Snow would come and he'd rescue the kids if they got stuck by wandering over to them and letting them hold onto him while he was dragging them out of the deep snow. If we went fishing, he'd go swimming with us, and the only time I ever heard him howl (or even bark viciously) was when a siren went off while watching Halloween 2 (the original) and it startled him.

He did that for years, never had any complaints with him, he was always the sweetest dog. When he was probably 10, I was in college, and I got a phone call. My dad was telling me that my cousin had been coming up the drive and smacked him, knocking his hip out (which is fixable, mind you) and that he was in a lot of pain. So I assumed "hey, I'll come down to see him, then they'll get him fixed up, and everything will be okay!"

about 2 hours after telling my dad that I was coming down, my stepmother called me and said "Don't come down, we put him to sleep." *Click* That was the end to my dog, Mister B (Mister Big Black Dog, I didnt name him). Put down because my stepmom couldnt stand the idea of me coming down to see him.

This isn't the first time that she'd done something like that, she refused to take my mom's old mini schnauzer to the vet "because it was expensive" and gave it sleeping pills until it died. It took something ridiculous like 40 pills, the first 20 they gave him just perked him up and he was back to being his old self. My mom also had a malamut who was named Riley (Riley! Whats your name? Rahreh Roo!) that she refused to give heart worm pills, so, again, the malamut, the most majestic dog I'd ever seen, died when he was like 5.

If you didn't, you should have come visit them anyway to slap her.

xBBx Takedown's First Tournament - 2nd Place (Beginner)
ZC_Wolfy's Birthday Tournament - 3rd Place (Novice)
Dragons_Fury One Division Higher Tourney - 2nd Place (Novice)
Samurai7694's Ultimate Enduring Fabulous Tournament - 3rd Place (D1)
Dark_Chrysalis' 1st FFR Bowl - 2nd Place (D1), 13th place overall
Panic4Me and MrMagic's Thanksgiving Tournament - 2nd Place (D1)
JohnRedWolf87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #30
speeddemon
FFR Player

Grew up with always having rotts, and they're pretty awesome, but are stubborn as hell, which can be kind of a pain. My favorite dog I've owned was a Pitt, best damn dog ever. Can take a beating when playing, has infinite energy, aren't so smart they're annoying or so dumb they're impossible to teach, and you can actually rely on it to defend your house. Hate hounds (boo wooo woooooooooooo all day -_-) and most small breeds, and sheps are kinda neurotic for my tastes but they're okay otherwise. Thinking about getting a Doberman, but I've never actually met one so yeah.

Also, Danes. Danes are awesome.
speeddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:00 PM   #31
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

at least my cat somewhat cleans himself and doesn't need help to take a shit
Old 06-20-2013, 02:19 PM   #32
speeddemon
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
They also walk through their own shit and piss on the regular, and claw your things, and are usually assholes. And god help you if your cat sprays. Also the smell of cat piss in general is about 900x worse than dog's. Dogs don't have hairballs either. Also when a dog plays with you you don't normally run the risk of getting scratched or bitten up.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:36 PM   #33
Banned
FFR Veteran

lol all the shit you just talked about on cats never happens to me.

dat stereotype~

Last edited by top; 06-20-2013 at 02:39 PM..
Old 06-20-2013, 02:40 PM   #34
speeddemon
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by top View Post
dat stereotype~
Have lived with, in my time, over 15 cats, and done work at a rescue, going through about 100 cats. All but maybe 4 of them have done these things, spraying aside.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:41 PM   #35
Banned
FFR Veteran

guess i'm lucky then. i've owned like 6-7 cats in my life and they've all been awesome.

same with dogs, all been awesome.

sorry your experiences suck man ;/
Old 06-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #36
speeddemon
FFR Player

Oh that's not to say I don't like cats, I was more pointing out that trying to say one is better than the other is kind of a silly idea. They're both pretty good pets and each species and each breed within each species has many different pros and cons that cary in importance from owner to owner. If you want a less active pet, get a cat. If you like exercise get a dog.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:47 PM   #37
adlp
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
my dog was personally capable of wiping his butt on short grass or carpet in my house by doing the sit n scoot
Old 06-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #38
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

FrankerZ

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:43 PM   #39
xVaLoRx
MYFUCKINGSOUND
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.STiNKyFiNGeR View Post
When somebody says that they hate dogs, i have to wonder.... Are they just saying that? Or are they really that bitter and truly hate love and companionship... Who knows...ill never understand people like that
my favorite attractive post
Old 06-20-2013, 09:04 PM   #40
Banned
FFR Veteran

i find attractive's posts hilarious most of the time, either because
1) they're so awfully retarded
2) the sarcasm flowing from them is the most hilarious thing on ffr in years