Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2016, 03:56 PM   #141
James May
FFR Player

Default Re: MOVEZ (SUBMISSIONS OPEN TILL OCT. 3RD)

*cracks fingers* Let's go :B

James May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 11:59 AM   #142
t-rogdor
tane orb
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to t-rogdor

-+ (rparty) (Updated):
this is a lot better but I still really don't like those long holds and it kinda bugs me that i went to the effort of showing you specifically what the beats for those weird piano bursts at the end were and you just outright ignored it. I'm gonna slap a yellow on this unless you can like, explain to me why you'd rather keep those as 24th/32nd rolls instead.

Alright (detri):
every pack needs an MA file, and if we're gonna have an MA file i want it 2 be this one because hell yeah

atropos (rparty) (updated):
man, full disclosure I'm not really feeling this file. I'm trying but the song choice is so... rhythm game-y in a weird way that I just can't feel it, and there are huge sections (especially toward the beginning) where not layering drums makes the file feel empty, but layering drums would make that part of the file harder and more obnoxious than the song warrants in terms of how it sounds. So like, IDK man. But more importantly...

Black Lair (rparty) (updated):
of all the files you sent in at the beginning of this, this one's the best. It's got a good flow, a good sense of difficulty, the song's engaging. I think this is the one I want the most. Fixes made this work a lot better so I'm down with it. gj

the creator (wh1teh):
god. I. Hm. Right out of the gate, like as soon as this file started, i was kinda mumbling "overstepped" to myself. I can't say any of this is technically inaccurate (except some of the 16th bursts to the string sections, those, nah), but there's just way too much here for this to be a viable file. Certain choices (layering the choir vocals as hands during the chorus section, layering literally everything that could be a jump as a jump, the quads on cymbal crashes, the awkward layering during the psuedo-guitar solo) make this file so cluttered that it wasn't even really fun to play. it honestly reminded me of Kory's old file for The Air That I Breathe from Midare 4: not inaccurate, but just so overdone and cluttered that playing it is a nightmare and I just don't know what to do with it. The song choice is good but you're gonna have to basically completely redo this file but make it more subtle if you want to get it in

ETERNAL DRAIN (wh1teh):
ok this is CLOSER to what I'm lookin for. I have to go with Kommi on this one and say that I really don't like the echoes being stepped as 32nds. BUT. I only didn't like it because you did it for *the whole file*. like the 32nd stream/bursts being there CONSTANTLY, as like, a core part of the file, makes it really, really cluttered. and that's just kinda it; the issue I have isn't that it's "too hard", it's just that the choice to step those as 32nds makes the file really really cluttered, in a way that doesn't work for the song (imo). but, i really really really like *literally everything else* about this file. even the quads! i really like those quads.

So what I would ask of you is to make a chart for this without stepping the echoes as 32nds. make a chart where you just keep those as straight 16ths. You can even keep the challenge chart with all the 32nds on as an expert chart on beginner or something, like the old days. I just really really really need a chart without all those rolls/streams before I can even think about taking this.

Extends Levant (jombo):
Yeah, I'm with everyone else on this. This is way way way way way too long for its own good and really finds no way to justify that length. This is not, by any measure, a file that should be 6 minutes long. the large majority of it is 8ths, and past the 2 minute mark it really, really just starts to drag. your layering during the 16th stream sections is super weird and inconsistent, which seems to be a kinda common thing (the jump layering in the whole chart is wildly inconsistent as well). quad/hand usage makes very little sense, and the most glaring error to me is that around 319.27sec, the snare hits switch from the 4th beat to the 8th beat, and you still have them on the quarter note.

I can't even really give technical notes for this due to its length and how often I'd be repeating myself (there's a lot of copy/pasting in this file! don't be afraid to like, change patterns up for repeated parts in songs to keep ppl interested), so before I even *want* to start, you really, really need to sit down and figure out a way to maybe cut this to something under 3 minutes, perferably closer to 2:30

Glorious Crown (Wh1teh):
ahhhhhhhahahahahahah holy shit. God fuck this file is so obnoxious I love it. I'm gonna have to ask you to fix a LOT of shit, but I really wanna put this in just because it reminds me of being pissed off at Freedom Dive way back in the day. ahhhhh christ lmao. good shit

I Hope You Leave Enough Room For My Fist (updated):
you know it dude. love it. thanks for making those changes, file is amazing now.

The Immortal Scream:
This is gonna sound short and mean but I assure you it's not coming from a place of malice: I'm not gonna write a review for this because it'd literally be the same thing as the Glorious Crown review, but instead all of the things I'm saying are bad things.

IPLAYTABLETENNIS (Choof)-
God choof what the fuck. I seriously don't know what to do with this. The standard chart is actually playable in terms of the notes but you've got it completely filled with this crazy obnoxious minedodge that Is really only playable if you go in and make the mine texture invisible, and then the Heavy chart, despite being just a bunch of 32nd bursts, is actually a lot more fun despite the fact that it's full of really retarded patterns. I really really don't know what to do with this, man. I can't say it's bad, but like, if I tried to tell you what I wanted you to fix, it'd sound stupid. It'd be like "okay cut down the mines in the standard chart, make the standard chart the heavy chart, put the heavy chart on beginner, then go throough and fix these patterns because what the fuck". I'm gonna have to think about this one man.

Blastix Riotz (Leonid):
Here it is, the file that I struggled with so much that I literally delayed judging just so I could think about it. Leonid I think I figured out why I couldn't shake the feeling that I didn't like this file; a lot of sections in it feel like they're taking advantage of artifical difficulty. (15.40 with the one handed trill, 24.66 with the switch to stepping the melody/bass kick as hands, 27.24 with not only another one handed trill but polyrhythm pissoff, the forced 16th jacks at 102.82) It just feels overdone to me. I get that you want to make interesting hard files that push the boundaries of what a Hard File is, but all that shit i mentioned plus some of the minedodging in this file? It's like, not even fun for me to play. Even if I think a chart you send me is "bs" or "too hard for me" i still play it and i still usually end up having fun with it. I kinda use it as a meter file, something I can work toward getting better at, because even if I suck, it's still fun to play. This file? I really didn't have fun playing. It's just... awkward. so I dunno. I figured out why I don't like it.
I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.

Last edited by t-rogdor; 08-20-2016 at 12:00 PM..
t-rogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 12:01 PM   #143
t-rogdor
tane orb

that's all i got for now. As soon as I'm finally done with all of this shit I'll go back through for technicals. I'm also gonna PM all the other judges and let them know they gotta get notes in by the end of the month or I'm gonna kick em.

2016 Let's Do This
I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.
Old 08-20-2016, 12:36 PM   #144
James May
FFR Player

Gonna get it in. Just been having net issues since there was a cable fire outside of the apartment and it got shot so waiting for a technician to arrive on Monday and hopefully get that fixed.

Old 08-20-2016, 01:31 PM   #145
DDRNGGin
FFR Player

I'm waiting for people to actually submit Pad/Index charts.

Playstyle: Index

Current Level / Division: Level 73 (Division 5)

Highest AAA/PFC: Flight of the Bumblebee (Difficulty 80)

Highest Blackflag: AIM Anthem (Difficulty 76)

Highest SDG: Choprite [3-0-0-1] (Difficulty 70)

Highest FC (Non-mashed): BB Revenge [14-1-0-3] (Difficulty 80)
DDRNGGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 01:59 PM   #146
Pazzaz
FFR Player

Hey, where's the judge for pizza heroes? Did mcdonalds tell you to skip it?
Pazzaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 02:37 PM   #147
t-rogdor
tane orb

nah, i just haven't gotten to write it yet! it'll be in the next batch
also DDRNGGin i actually got an index file! i'll pm u
Old 08-20-2016, 03:22 PM   #148
leonid
I am leonid
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
Blastix Riotz (Leonid):
Here it is, the file that I struggled with so much that I literally delayed judging just so I could think about it. Leonid I think I figured out why I couldn't shake the feeling that I didn't like this file; a lot of sections in it feel like they're taking advantage of artifical difficulty. (15.40 with the one handed trill, 24.66 with the switch to stepping the melody/bass kick as hands, 27.24 with not only another one handed trill but polyrhythm pissoff, the forced 16th jacks at 102.82) It just feels overdone to me. I get that you want to make interesting hard files that push the boundaries of what a Hard File is, but all that shit i mentioned plus some of the minedodging in this file? It's like, not even fun for me to play. Even if I think a chart you send me is "bs" or "too hard for me" i still play it and i still usually end up having fun with it. I kinda use it as a meter file, something I can work toward getting better at, because even if I suck, it's still fun to play. This file? I really didn't have fun playing. It's just... awkward. so I dunno. I figured out why I don't like it.
so basically tone it down and it's in?

Proud member of Team No

Last edited by leonid; 08-20-2016 at 03:22 PM..
leonid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 03:38 PM   #149
t-rogdor
tane orb

i'll go back and point out specific shit that i just completely did not like at all but yeah, if you wanna go back and tone it down then i'll put it in
Old 08-20-2016, 03:42 PM   #150
pedolad
FFR Player

I blame No Mans Sky
Old 08-20-2016, 03:48 PM   #151
leonid
I am leonid

I personally approached blastix the same way as my other simfiles. It just happens to be 256bpm and became harder than any other charts i made (except buntan) Difficulty was adjusted to cater to the fastest players of 2016 but when I had them playtest they also complained about some of the parts as too hard :P I assure you the file would be accepted no problem if it was year 2020 anyway will send u fix soon

Proud member of Team No
Old 08-20-2016, 03:57 PM   #152
leonid
I am leonid

btw file still AA'able

Proud member of Team No
Old 08-20-2016, 10:57 PM   #153
DDRNGGin
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
also DDRNGGin i actually got an index file! i'll pm u
Yay! Thanks!

Playstyle: Index

Current Level / Division: Level 73 (Division 5)

Highest AAA/PFC: Flight of the Bumblebee (Difficulty 80)

Highest Blackflag: AIM Anthem (Difficulty 76)

Highest SDG: Choprite [3-0-0-1] (Difficulty 70)

Highest FC (Non-mashed): BB Revenge [14-1-0-3] (Difficulty 80)
DDRNGGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 07:57 AM   #154
MooMoo_Cowfreak
Abraxas Hydroplane
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to MooMoo_Cowfreak

I've seen Kommi's reviews mentioned in other peoples reviews a couple of times, but don't see Kommi's actual reviews anywhere... Am I missing something?

post-dumps abstractly represent the existential nihilism that the song invokes in the listener with negative space, evoking the ephemeral nature of the mind - the journey of stepmania begins in hope yet soon becomes corroded into a dialectic of futility, leaving only a sense of dread and the unlikelihood of a new synthesis
MooMoo_Cowfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 08:40 AM   #155
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazzaz View Post
Hey, where's the judge for pizza heroes? Did mcdonalds tell you to skip it?
I already judged it :v

Old 08-21-2016, 11:55 AM   #156
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMoo_Cowfreak View Post
I've seen Kommi's reviews mentioned in other peoples reviews a couple of times, but don't see Kommi's actual reviews anywhere... Am I missing something?
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...8&postcount=96
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 12:01 PM   #157
MooMoo_Cowfreak
Abraxas Hydroplane
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to MooMoo_Cowfreak

Well dang didn't know he had two accounts lol

post-dumps abstractly represent the existential nihilism that the song invokes in the listener with negative space, evoking the ephemeral nature of the mind - the journey of stepmania begins in hope yet soon becomes corroded into a dialectic of futility, leaving only a sense of dread and the unlikelihood of a new synthesis
MooMoo_Cowfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 12:21 PM   #158
blazziken
FFR Player

here is not the judge for Chilean National anthem :c

clik on the banner and "Welcome to the jumptrill world"

PD: Moonsault blaze 2 is coming, just waiting us..

Last edited by blazziken; 08-21-2016 at 12:32 PM..
blazziken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 12:51 PM   #159
Pazzaz
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by James May View Post
I already judged it :v
Sorry, I missed your update.
Glad you liked the file
Pazzaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 08:10 PM   #160
xVaLoRx
MYFUCKINGSOUND
FFR Veteran

u've got mail