Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2014, 02:04 PM   #321
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Default Re: jTWG LXV: The Revenge of the Return of the Son of jTWG

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
gun mentioned most of the stuff, mainly the overreaction at a single vote on her.

post 125, insinuating that she wants roles to come out; not even remotely good strategy this early for town, even in the next couple of days, isn't always the best. the fact that she wants to rush forward to a point where people start feeling comfortable claiming roles is alarming in itself

that whole argument was gun asking cav why it wasn't a good idea to claim roles, and cav saying that she knows why, and wants to proceed to someplace where roles will be claimed, a.k.a. out of D1
The reactions to gun were either 1. unrelated to the game 2. to him saying that I've done something for one reason as opposed to another (originally why I was upset, it was claimed that I had no reason for my votes despite me thinking I had given clear reasons for my votes) which in this case made him think I was a wolf and 3. to him asking if I understood that if blues come out this early they are wolf bait

Post 125 insinuated nothing, it said exactly what it said. I've said I want the game to move along so that we have more information. That's not the same thing as saying I want roles said, because the same applies for day 2 as day 1, when a role is spoken they become wolf bait. The game just becomes the game day 2 because there's actually stuff to go on instead of 'you're acting wolfy' which the only thing to go on right now, even though there's no actions that have happened.

You've read waaay too much into things for so many people yoshl, and that makes you a worrisome player. You're inconsistent with reasons, yet instead of being levelheaded and smart about your intuition about people, you simply blurt it out only to change your mind only a few minutes later. You've been sitting here the entire day 1 asking people for this and that, and I know you've just been trying to get people to be active, but you jump on people for little to no reason.
I'm not saying that your play style makes you a wolf, but it sure doesn't make me want to have you on my team. You're like a loose cannon, which means you're very unlikely to be right.

R is the only person I feel is not a wolf at this point, for no real reason. I appreciated the roleplay, even though before that you posted a few weird things. I have bad vibes about sora, t-force, carrot and yoshl. I don't know what to think about lefty, prawn and ohsosilly. I largely think, however, that I know little to nothing at this point. I fear that I may get lynched because I either have 1 or 2 votes for me, so I won't change my vote from lefty to sora like I want to however, because other people think lefty is also a wolf and no one, I think, has currently voted for sora.
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:07 PM   #322
ohsosilly
Gets all the birds
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to ohsosilly

LOL this only adds to the "Mimi's the Canadian version of Silly" debate and vice versa that goes on irl ;P Yoshl do u even kno me ;_; I kid ~

T-Force, that was indeed a fast and empassioned vote. You and sora have been playing quite similarly, so it's interesting to see you defend her so quickly. Perhaps Yoshl is right about there being a wolf between the two of you.

Then again I can't figure out anything Yoshl's doing anymore so there's that

Inactives, who you wanna lynch today? Let's get some more action in here.
ohsosilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:10 PM   #323
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Like, I agree with what prawn has agreed with me about, in that there's nothing much to say day 1 so why bother making shit up? So even though they're currently pressuring me, I've got nothing against their reasoning. Prawn hasn't put words in my mouth like other people who I've said things about.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:13 PM   #324
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

good shit, but still some points that I'd like to address
[
you're still acting overly paranoid at being lynched which i still don't understand. you have 2 votes or w/e, but no-one's actually dictated any suspicion on you, other than mainly gun, and he's gone. I'm mostly pointing out things of interest as of now, and wasn't planning on voting fo ryou, and i don't think anyone else was planning on voting for you either

as for moving on to day 2, can i ask what you expect to gain from the wolf lynch? at least in my opinion, the more talking that happens, the more established your presence and mindset appear in the game. a wolfkill can reveal next to absolutely nothing. for example, wolves could choose to kill me because i'm making my best attempts to generate conversation. or, they could choose to leave me alive to make me look like a wolf. or, if i'm still alive, i may be a wolf. then it's still up in the air, and depends on your interpretation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:14 PM   #325
soramimi
Cat Army Coordinator
FFR Veteran

Incoming wall.

Carrot, I’m happy to see you putting in the effort to make that post. A few things I want to address with it, though.

a. I know this is a game where a lot of us know eachother irl, but you really should avoid bringing somone’s real life personality or traits into this game. People can lie or act in these games, which completely would throw off any assumptions you’ve made based on who they actually are.

b. Yoshl already addressed it, but there’s no reason for wolves to go after their own yet. For one thing, the wolves only know who they are, but have yet to speak to each other; that doesn’t happen until night phase. I can’t see them managing to coordinate something like this just yet. As Yoshl points out, they’d be putting themselves at a serious disadvantage by getting rid of one of their own. This kind of behaviour likely won’t happen until later in the game.

“This made him seem like a suspicious player, but after ohsosilly was swapped in and she posted her notes, I felt a little reassured of this player's innocence.” Also, just because Gun required a replacement, keep in mind that silly has taken on his exact role. It feels like you’re giving her a pass just because it’s someone you are more comfortable with irl, but had Gun stayed, would you be saying the same thing?

Moving along… I find it funny how worked up someone ELSE is getting over Yoshl wanting to shift the attention to me. (At least I think he is. I guess silly and I are interchangeable, haha.) Like he said, he didn’t even put an actual vote on me, so why are you getting your panties in a bunch, T-Force?
It may sound weird, but I’m actually relieved. Everyone else has me listed as green, and while I appreciate it, I’m getting a bit wary of this. I’ve had a game where players kept saying I was “for sure town”, and it was the wolves who were doing it as a hope of gaining my trust by defending me. Maybe you guys are being genuine in your assumptions, but maybe you’re hoping that I’ll be quick to side with you later on because you gave me a green pass.

Also, preeeetty sure Yoshl is just doing this rapid fire voting and accusations as a means of getting reactions from people…
Old 07-29-2014, 02:16 PM   #326
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Break time: My reason for the quick vote is based off of my green read on Mimi. She was the only person I felt was solidly green this far into the game. Not to mentiom, albeit day 1, Yosh has gone so far as to place suspicion on practically everyone at this point.
Granted, I may have been hasty in my vote, but I do feel Yosh has been a bit more suspicious recently regarding flipping all over the board.
T-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:16 PM   #327
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

Quote:
Originally Posted by soramimi View Post
Also, preeeetty sure Yoshl is just doing this rapid fire voting and accusations as a means of getting reactions from people…
soramimi officially wins the game is over

not really but as this day draws to a close, hopefully there'll be something that we can look back at in day one that we can connect to things that people say in later days that we can see a disconnect or something akin to that that'll help us along

Quote:
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:18 PM   #328
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

we have 6 people here, missing is leftyrihtyg, prawn, and rngrx.

because of this, i'm reluctant to put pressure on them because i'd like to at least hear a defense from them

therefore, returning to
carrotcake is a very....appetizing thought >:3

Quote:
Old 07-29-2014, 02:22 PM   #329
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

aaaand we lost carrotcake

Quote:
Old 07-29-2014, 02:23 PM   #330
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Bahhh.. Stop making me second guess myself regarding Yosh... I'm gonna try to reevaluate everyone now so I will unvote right now.
T-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:24 PM   #331
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

2 votes right now means a roll random for who gets lynched. Before when I was going for a insta lynch people were all like 'omg instalynch'. So I figure that instalynches don't usually happen, so 2 votes isn't 'whatever'
Old 07-29-2014, 02:25 PM   #332
ohsosilly
Gets all the birds
FFR Veteran

Greg I would like an updated vote count that doesn't suck pls
Old 07-29-2014, 02:27 PM   #333
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

i'm saying, with the amount of people that we have in thread, a 2 person knife in the box is unlikely, because hopefully we can all hash out someone that we can agree to lynch.

people who we should probably pick from is carrotcake and lefty.

not including the other 7 because there hasn't been a solid real push from a majority of people on any of them (us?)

personally, i'd feel ok with lynching either carrot and lefty

Quote:
Old 07-29-2014, 02:28 PM   #334
soramimi
Cat Army Coordinator
FFR Veteran

T-Force, sad that you have no one to quickly jump on now?

Cav, it's very likely that even with only a few hours left, we could get to insta. People might check back towards the end to toss their final thoughts and votes in. Don't be too worried over just a couple votes right now.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:30 PM   #335
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

cavernio i think you have 0 votes on you now anyways lol

Quote:
Old 07-29-2014, 02:30 PM   #336
ohsosilly
Gets all the birds
FFR Veteran

Also so I need to go, so I will post the following because I don't know how much I can post again before EoD. I'll check back in 30 min or so before I officially head out:

- We have already addressed Lefty's excuses for 'why we shouldn't lynch you' and everyone seems to have found them largely sub-par/unimpressive as far as I can tell

- He has provided little to no input or discussion aside from self-defense posts and apologies

- He has not come on today at all to continue the post that he told us he'd finish last night (though I don't know his schedule - is he in school, does anyone know?)

- If he's a wolf, and he's lying low, we can get him early. If he's not a wolf (even though I really think he is) in my eyes, we COULD follow the logic that he has not generated much speculation or provided input, thereby making him less of an asset to the town than other players have proven themselves to be, which could help us down the road.

Though I guess you could say the same about r for that last one. Take from it what you will.

Or we could all just lynch Trevor just for shits jk jk I am kidding
Old 07-29-2014, 02:31 PM   #337
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

i'm also going to commit to a vote in about 30 minutes. it's leaning more lefty over carrot

Quote:
Old 07-29-2014, 02:31 PM   #338
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
g
as for moving on to day 2, can i ask what you expect to gain from the wolf lynch? at least in my opinion, the more talking that happens, the more established your presence and mindset appear in the game. a wolfkill can reveal next to absolutely nothing. for example, wolves could choose to kill me because i'm making my best attempts to generate conversation. or, they could choose to leave me alive to make me look like a wolf. or, if i'm still alive, i may be a wolf. then it's still up in the air, and depends on your interpretation.
Fair enough about the talking, and about the interpretation. But the question is a loaded question also, because from day 1 to day 2 is more than just a wolfkill. We've got 2 blues and a lynching before then. Day 2 has more events to discuss and think about than just a wolfkill in it.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:35 PM   #339
soramimi
Cat Army Coordinator
FFR Veteran

Carrot and Lefty really feel like the exact same person right now. I'd probably just be flipping a coin if it were between those two.

I'm leaning more to R right now. He hasn't given anything to make me think, "yeah, he should stay another day."
Old 07-29-2014, 02:35 PM   #340
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

perfectly said

again, there was alot of extra conversation that was generated between the near lynch of leftyrighty, and i think alot of it will be of use in the future if someone desires to wade through 17-18 pages of stuff.

let's get a wagon moving, i think everyone's on board for either a carrotcake or leftyrighty lynch, moreso lr (at least from what i see correct me if i'm wrong)

Quote: