Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-6-2011, 11:24 AM   #301
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL
Default Re: Official Tier Point System Thread

inb4 Dossar complains about 2 good Crowdpleaser Tier Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2011, 11:27 AM   #302
wargasm1
Cowbelling FFR
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to wargasm1

what we need is a bunch of songs lv 12 and 13 added to the game and tp's that go with them. And please make the req harder to get points and easier to get 3/5 4/6. This way you see the difference between good players more easilly.
wargasm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2011, 11:29 AM   #303
jimerax
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jimerax Send a message via MSN to jimerax Send a message via Skype™ to jimerax

Quote:
Originally Posted by krunkykai22 View Post
I personally think there needs to be a MASSIVE discussion on the entire thing and start fresh over with the conversation. Bring up previous ideas and just involve EVERYONE. Put up a "new" thread "Official Tier Point System V2" with a notice on the front page describing that this new thread would emphasize the COMMUNITY giving Ideas and coming up with the new system rather than a select few people.
Well, if a person who can take initiative on this project makes a thread and a frontpage post, I will stick/post them.
We need to determine the project leader first.
jimerax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2011, 11:36 AM   #304
krunkykai22
<3 Jumpstream <3
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to krunkykai22 Send a message via Yahoo to krunkykai22 Send a message via Skype™ to krunkykai22

Of course, and by no chance would I recommend someone who doesn't have an expert knowledge of this subject. Someone like you or Byron would be great, OR even AJ if he was willing.

OR, you can just have a "team" effort. Like, basically have one person, like you do with the ingame song information, be the OP leader. The information on the OP would be determined by this "team" and created over a discussion via chat or IMs. More likely a Live chat. After all that is done, create the thread with the given information, and THEN let the discussion begin.

But, the NUMBER 1 basis of the tier point system that needs to be discussed, is if and how a lower level tier could be created. That seems to be the biggest problem, and personally, I agree with it. There is always ways to satisfy the community, this is one way. More motivation to play. But that will be discussed over in the new thread.

Unless you have a better idea Jimerax? Please either criticize or include more details, since you have a better idea of things like this.
krunkykai22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2011, 11:38 AM   #305
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Netjet! Send a message via Skype™ to Netjet!

I think that a tier point rehaul would do well with an introduction of skill level tiers, or something. I mean, having easy tier points would be useless for people that can AAA 11/12 difficulties. Introducing a system that has different skill level groups would work with it.
Old 09-6-2011, 11:46 AM   #306
krunkykai22
&lt;3 Jumpstream &lt;3

Send a message via AIM to krunkykai22 Send a message via Yahoo to krunkykai22 Send a message via Skype™ to krunkykai22

All of which can be discussed in the new thread once created. Just keep your ideas and DON'T forget them Write em down lol
Old 09-6-2011, 12:06 PM   #307
Xayphon
sausage
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
All of which can be discussed in the new thread once created. Just keep your ideas and DON'T forget them Write em down lol
Yeah I'm trying right now
Xayphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2011, 12:49 PM   #308
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Nice to see this is going somewhere, I've had a pretty good idea as to how the more difficult songs should award tier points for a little while now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno
One Winged Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2011, 12:50 PM   #309
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

I can't head it but I can sure help if you would like it.
Old 09-6-2011, 12:55 PM   #310
One Winged Angel

I'll make the thread within the hour or so unless someone else really wants to lol

Unless you guys don't trust me~*

Quote:
Old 09-6-2011, 12:55 PM   #311
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I'll try to put some input if needed. I've been really busy though, so I'll try to help out as much as I can!
iironiic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2011, 12:56 PM   #312
nois-or-e
SponCon Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to nois-or-e Send a message via MSN to nois-or-e Send a message via Skype™ to nois-or-e

Quote:
...you can just have a "team" effort. Like, basically have one person, like you do with the ingame song information, be the OP leader...

But, the NUMBER 1 basis of the tier point system that needs to be discussed, is if and how a lower level tier could be created.
If a lower/higher tier were to be created, we'd be looking at (imo anyways) seperating the fmo/fgo tier point reqs and an updated system for the high C/VC songs.

This would mean drawing a line between being one set of points and another. eg, if someone had 80% lower tp status but was currently 30% accomplished in the higher stats, would the system count them as a highly accomplished lower stat holder, or a lesser accomplished higher stat holder, or both?

The drawing up of a seperate system will require lengthy discussion of lower difficulty songs and their comparitive worth of tps within said system. I'd be more than happy to host the op (much like the ingame song info thread is hosted), and update discussions as they take place over the coming weeks/w.e amount of time this would take to organise. (that is, if no-one else wants to take this on-board)
Old 09-6-2011, 01:02 PM   #313
justin_ator
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Yeah, much like Avrank, we need to decide how to break it up or if we should at all. For example, if we don't separate it: if a high-tier player doesn't want to spend time getting low level tier points, that will bring down their overall tier rating, because they don't want to spend the time. So do you separate it or not?
Old 09-6-2011, 01:12 PM   #314
nois-or-e
SponCon Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to nois-or-e Send a message via MSN to nois-or-e Send a message via Skype™ to nois-or-e

It could be put in place that once you have gained a certain percentage of the higher tier points, it would remove you from the lower ranking? That way lower rankings wouldn't be filled with x amount of higher tier point players. . .
Old 09-6-2011, 01:15 PM   #315
justin_ator
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

That's actually a pretty good idea. It would allow higher-tier players to bypass the amount of time it would take to up their tier points on lower levels.
Old 09-6-2011, 01:16 PM   #316
One Winged Angel

I envisioned something like five different tier systems being created. The first with VD/C files, the second with C/VC, third with VC/FMO, fourth with FMO/FGO, and the fifth removing some of the lower FMOs and adding in higher FGOs and FSOs. Obviously not every VD/C/VC/FMO file would be included in the first four tiers because lmao there's so god damn many, and I'm pretty sure we've stuck to a rule of about 100 songs per list.

So as a community, I think all the active players should decide which songs should be thrown into their respective tiers, and how each of these files should award tier points (I have an idea right now but I'll throw that in the new thread)

As to how a player would progress from each tier list, my original idea was that once a player collects enough TPs from the first list, it'll automatically update their list to the second/third/fourth/fifth, keeping any points on songs that survived the transition~

But yeah, lol some very good players are damn lazy and aren't ever going to be playing VDs/Cs

I'm terrible at coding, but would it be possible to keep an invisible stat of how many tier points a player would hypothetically have if they were to have another 'harder' tier list as their current one? Let's say Xayphon's playing on an alt or something (lul) and he's murking all the FMOs/FGOs but his tp list is still the VD/C original list. Perhaps once you collect enough tier points from a higher list, say 100 or so (perhaps higher, and you wouldn't be able to see this stat), the system automatically updates to the more 'appropriate' tier list for that player?

And it would be awesome if the TP system could support X/10 or higher reqs on songs, because if we were to scale the difficulties accordingly with the system in place right now, Cs would be out of 2 or 3

Unless of course, since each level is independent of each other, we completely scrap that and use a system close to that of the current FMOs/FGOs (lower Cs are out of 4, mid Cs out of 5, high Cs/low VCs out of 6, mid VCs out of 7, and high VCs out of 8)

That would work since those songs would be scaled down in points (or eliminated) whenever the user gains enough TPs to progress to the next level

I dunno, just throwin' some shit out there~

Quote:

Last edited by One Winged Angel; 09-6-2011 at 01:23 PM..
Old 09-6-2011, 01:19 PM   #317
krunkykai22
&lt;3 Jumpstream &lt;3

This is what I said in the closed thread about levels of tier points.

Byron, that was the best way to express the best opinion about the tier point system.

Personally, 100% I agree with everything you said. EVERYONE the COMMUNITY should work on this and come to an agreement whether it winds up with over 1000 points or 10,000 points, everyone should have the same equal opportunity.

I say personally developing a Leveled Tier Point System, Level 1 being songs from difficulty 1-5, Level 2 6-8, Level 3 9-10, Level 4 11-12, Level 5 13. I say that because 1-5 are easily the best levels to get acquainted with the game, 6-8 throws in a lot MORE patterns and what not, 9-10 is a great entrepreneur to 11/12 and of course the high end is what it is.

and EVERYONE can get ALL of the tier points if they wanted. And, not to mention you can do it in a way where, take myself for example, if the lower end levels of the tier point system as I said were implemented we would have to go back and get them. Makes more challenge whether easy or not to acquire those tier points if we want, just giving them to us because we already did them shouldn't matter.

Might be way off there, but it's justt my opinion. But of course, we would keep what we have now with the 10s-13's since hey, who knows if we'll ever get them again.

OR, just completely make everyone redo it anyway. Either which way, it creates more playing, more practice, and more competition which is just a slither of what FFR needs to get more motivated.
Old 09-6-2011, 01:23 PM   #318
nois-or-e
SponCon Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
I envisioned something like five different tier systems being created. . .
Would 5 really be needed? Imo, if you are scoring tps on fmos/fgos, adding the 'few' fso songs and removing the lower fmos seems a little redundant.

//2cents
Old 09-6-2011, 01:25 PM   #319
One Winged Angel

I imagined the fourth level being something like 80% FMOs and 20% low FGOs, and the fifth being something like 40 FMOs (since there's almost 100 right now, so like Perfect Cherry Storm and harder), every FGO (close to 60 in-game right now), and the few FSOs

There'd be a big difference between both lists

Quote:
Old 09-6-2011, 01:26 PM   #320
justin_ator
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

@ nois-or-e

I somewhat agree with that, but then you have people who can AAA FGO's placed with people who have maybe one FMO AAA. A fifth division would separate most of that out, I'd think.