Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2016, 04:53 PM   #1
Sanjixcon
Banned
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Comcast employees that can't speak English

on the phone drive me insane.

Last edited by Sanjixcon; 02-25-2017 at 05:16 PM..
Sanjixcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 04:56 PM   #2
R.E. Aryxi
FFR Player

Default Re: Comcast employees that can't speak English

Sounds terrible time, sorry to hear about that
So I'm minding my own damn business, right? Some scrub that plays some of dem dank games comes up and randomly says, in the most monotone voice, "hi". I was baffled, if not, stumped from this noise that was produced from that memers throat. I wanted to know the deep dark secrets to this mysterious noise. I started to research the meaning of life as I took the data from this encounter. 25 years later, I discovered that I was a piece of paper.

R.E. Aryxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 04:58 PM   #3
MooMoo_Cowfreak
Abraxas Hydroplane
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to MooMoo_Cowfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjixcon View Post
How can Comcast hire people who aren't even somewhat fluent in English for a phone communication job in America? I swear they hire people just to fill their "diversity" quota regardless if they're qualified for the job or not.
Outsourcing, this person was most likely not speaking to you from America. India is where a lot of telecomm outsourcing goes

post-dumps abstractly represent the existential nihilism that the song invokes in the listener with negative space, evoking the ephemeral nature of the mind - the journey of stepmania begins in hope yet soon becomes corroded into a dialectic of futility, leaving only a sense of dread and the unlikelihood of a new synthesis
MooMoo_Cowfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 05:41 PM   #4
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
Global ModeratorMultiplayer ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

One time I kept getting transferred until eventually someone competent came, and then they ended telling me they couldn't help me with my issue because they worked for a specific department of Comcast in Sweden.
Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall
[3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Hi I see rapta come play TWG next game
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk
if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
Today at 12:53 AM
I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotik
When I think Mother’s Day, I think Venetian Snares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku
have you heard someone mention eating pancakes to negate friday 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk at 10:53:56pm on 10/26/11
OMFG VC! I want your programming fingers in or around my mouth OnO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storn at 3:03 PM
We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonE156 at 11:07 PM
You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class
Rapta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 06:30 PM   #5
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

A lot of American companies hire people out in the Phillipines to handle phone calls.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 07:06 PM   #6
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

One time I called ea games support cause I couldn't remember my origin account, me and buddy on the phone just ragged on EA lol, turns out I spelled the email wrong originally and the website always shows a "successfully sent password" notice, even if the email doesn't exist.. (LOL i remembered, now I feel bad cause I remembered telling him I'd give him a good survey after the call, never did tho gg)

I worked tech support for a couple years, some things:

1. Ye it's outsourced, they don't do it for diversity (that'd be hilarious, just ruin the call stats by hiring a bunch of minorities), but rather cause they pay barely anything, cause either way the stats still look good because a drop call is same as hanging up, you know?

2. When people call in, it's either a really common question or something that makes no sense for the tech support people.. When they say "oh if you don't mind holding for a second, let me just check in my system" they are really like "oh god what the hell is this guy even asking for, time to figure this out",

Best thing you can do is picture yourself in their position, if you think you are a cool guy being like "hey, how's it goin!" And asking about our days n such... Last thing anyone wants to do is throw a "good, how about you" over the phone at 7am.. That being said if the company outsources to India for tech support they probably aren't the best company

Edit: Another tech support story cause it brings back the great memories (first real job and it was super enjoyable to be honest lol), I remember one time im at home and my dad calls the phone company we have to check some bill or something, I hear the person try to say the ol "let me check just one sec" and he keeps rambling and cutting them off, I'm like do you realize they are trying to mute you to get you the info, and the longer you talk the longer it takes lol..

Also another thing, when they say they are going to check or go on mute... They don't actually leave, usually they are sitting at a computer with a wireless headset.. So they can still hear you, watch what you say saying things like "oh I hate tech support, I always get idiots" honestly makes it take longer, or makes us do the bare minimum and not want to g above and beyond to help you ;D

Last edited by Dinglesberry; 10-11-2016 at 07:13 PM.. Reason: More stuff
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 10:33 PM   #7
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

comcast outsources to the lowest bidders. my favorite comcast story is setting up service last year in my place, the "associate" i spoke with on the phone had such a poor connection that would die out pretty often and i had to call him back twice to actually finish just giving him my information. it's totally on their end, too - there's no signal problems in that apartment. the tech who came out to run cable for us had a laugh with me about that.

i'm also one of the people who calls saying i'm going to cancel service. sure seems to get me people faster.

outsourcing as a practice is probably good but it's hard to claim a commitment to customer service based on it, like they do. but my area is still a comcast area. verizon and google are trying to break in but just don't have the presence yet.
inDheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 11:05 AM   #8
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

I don't have any of the problems people have listed above for ISP's

I use a third-party ISP (Start Communications bless them), and I've had the exact same guy answer my international support call every single time, and he knows his computers to a tee. (Fyi, they offer support to more than one area in Canada, it's just mind-boggling that I've gotten the exact same guy every time when I call support.) One time my internet was crawling super slowly, and he figured out over the phone that it was a busted ethernet cord between the modem and the router.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 10-12-2016 at 11:06 AM..
gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 11:27 AM   #9
Dynam0
The Dominator
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Customer service for large corporations is shit but they can get away with it due to the large volume of clients. If you lose 1% from client revenue but save 2% from lower operating cost then why not? My suggestion to avoid headaches is try as many different modes of contact as possible (ie. don't just call the 800 number on the box or w.e). Getting irate and asking to speak to management is cool too but that ain't my style lol
Dynam0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 12:20 PM   #10
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I currently work a tech support job and let me tell you it goes both ways lmao.

a good 30-45% of calls I get are from people with a thick Asian/Indian/Middle-eastern/African (not ebonics) accent, but I do work for a university, so there's that.

I frankly don't know how a customer with a strong Asian accent would get help from a call center in India, the language barrier is 2 strunk.

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote