Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-8-2015, 05:09 PM   #61
PhantomPuppy
Washed and Irrelevant D7
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: The FFR Step-RPG (Act: Signups)

i just realized that the movesets for all the classes has been put up lol. very interesting :P

edit: do you think if enough ppl participate/level up that there will be guild/clan wars? like, between sets of, idk, 5 people or so?

10th OT (D3): 13th
11th OT (D6): 11th
12th OT (D6): 6th
13th OT (D7): 31st
14th OT (D7): 25th
15th OT (D7): LAST PLACE
16th OT (D7): LAST PLACE LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
you know what they say

under all the rust is really shiny...……… metal

Last edited by PhantomPuppy; 06-8-2015 at 05:11 PM..
Old 06-8-2015, 05:19 PM   #62
alloyus
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
FFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
I am going to bump up the EXP reward on quests, and there are going to be more than likely 2-4 quests per week.

I'm so dumb I didn't read what you originally said correctly at all I'm sorry xD

^FFP_D0pey btw
Old 06-8-2015, 05:26 PM   #63
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPuppy View Post
i just realized that the movesets for all the classes has been put up lol. very interesting :P

edit: do you think if enough ppl participate/level up that there will be guild/clan wars? like, between sets of, idk, 5 people or so?
That's an interesting concept; I might consider allowing teams/clans being formed at a later date but everyone is still level 1 as this didn't start and it should be at a later level.

On the subject of teams/clans, you wouldn't be able to be in two at any given time but you as a player would be in the team/clan/guild. That means if you had two characters, or started a new one, they would be in the team/clan/guild automatically.

EDIT: Also yes.
Move Sets used in Dungeons have been released and are in the "Base Stats and Move Sets" tab. Please view them and let me know if something seems unbalanced or incorrect.

EDIT2: Grabbed you MNIN; Updated to that^ Post!

Last edited by _Zenith_; 06-8-2015 at 05:37 PM..
Old 06-8-2015, 05:33 PM   #64
MyNameIsNothing
ʕ◡ᴥ◡✿ʔ
FFR Veteran

character name: minibuns
class: saboteur
Old 06-8-2015, 05:45 PM   #65
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

How does everyone feel about starting this tomorrow as opposed to Wednesday?

Old 06-8-2015, 06:00 PM   #66
PhantomPuppy
Washed and Irrelevant D7

1. im fine starting tomorrow

2. for dragoons, you should clarify how much lancet heals for. like 25% of damage dealt, or whatever you feel is right.

3. i think that bloodthirster's enrage lowers too much defense, since its 20% every time you're hit. i feel the defense lowered should either be lower than the amount of damage you dish out is increased (ex 20% damage up, 10% damage taken). that, OR it can be toggled instead of a passive. like, you have the option each turn to toggle it on or off. in that case, it should stay at 20% and 20% since you're at an advantage of controlling it. also, you should clarify how many turns the enrage effect lasts if you want to keep it as passive.

4. juggernaut's last hope! should either heal only 50% of max hp for entire party, or keep it at 75% and only heal the juggernaut himself for 50%.

5. vindicator's glaive fever seems a bit OP if its used against a lot of enemies, even with the 1 turn delay. maybe like, 200% or even 225% would be ok?

6. rejuvenator's removal should have a 1 turn cooldown, since i can see this becoming a bit OP.

7. since invoker can only attack 1 person at a time, i feel their damage on all their abilities is too low. even with the situational effects done to enemies, 100% is just... well, i think it should be raised to 125% on at least the incinerate and frostbolt, with the lightning staying at 100% since that has a huge effect of interrupting spellcasts.

8. for magister's anti-damage zone, it should keep all enemies AND allies from using attacks, but allies can still use like, items and healing abilities. however, it should have a 1-2 turn cooldown. that way its used primarily as a situational ability to give your party some breathing room or healing.

9. spellbreaker's double strike might be more effective if it were a passive that gives them a 10% chance to do an empowered version of the ability used instead. like, dispel would remove all effects from the party instead, magical strike would deal 225% damage, and amount of damage reduced would become 35%.

Quote:
you know what they say

Last edited by PhantomPuppy; 06-8-2015 at 06:15 PM..
Old 06-8-2015, 06:08 PM   #67
Guest15937
One-handed elite
FFR Veteran

I feel like Invoker is a bit underpowered...all the other classes get huge damage attacks, wide buffs, even full negation of attacks...and invoker gets normal-damage elemental attacks and a shield that burns through mana?
Old 06-8-2015, 06:28 PM   #68
PhantomPuppy
Washed and Irrelevant D7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest15937 View Post
I feel like Invoker is a bit underpowered...all the other classes get huge damage attacks, wide buffs, even full negation of attacks...and invoker gets normal-damage elemental attacks and a shield that burns through mana?
yea, he's making changes atm. you can hop in chat on the spreadsheet if u wanna make more suggestions

Quote:
you know what they say

Old 06-8-2015, 07:09 PM   #69
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

You bring up excellent points! This post will cover some changes to the classes.

Dragoon: Lancet now steals 20% Life and 10% Mana of the total damage dealt (10 damage dealt, +2 HP and +1 mana). Safeguard now has a two turn cooldown.

Bloodthirster: Taking 15% of Total Life now triggers Enrage. Lasts One Turn. Defense loss has been swapped with damage taken instead. Bloodthirsts heal is increased by 5% (up to 10%). Whirlwind now tears at the enemies defenses, increasing all damage taken by 10% for one turn.

Juggernaught: Last Hope! now heals himself for 50% of total life, while party members are healed for 75% Total Life. Cracking Skulls now increases threat generation, making enemies more likely to attack them. Shove has been scrapped and replaced with Rebound (Toggled). Rebound: If toggled on, the juggernaught can choose to transfer a negative effect from an ally to himself (Limit 1 effect per turn). If toggled off, the juggernaught receives 10% increased healing effects. Can toggle once per turn; toggling does not count towards using a turn. Guardian Stance is now a passive effect that decreases all damage taken by 15%. Cracking Skulls now deals 120% damage to all enemies, decreases their damage output by 10% for one turn, and makes all targets 50% more likely to attacking him.

Vindicator: Now must wait two turns to use Glaive Fever again. Trigger Happy! received a 20% Damage Reduction (from 100% to 80%), and Weak Spot is now only applied when they damage a target first and 5% weaker (from 15% down to 10%). They can now choose separate targets when using Trigger Happy!

Rejuvenator: Removal now has a One Turn Cooldown. Renewal has gained 5% increased healing.

Magister: Anti-Damage Zone now applies to all applicants in battle (enemies and allies). Rejuvenator can still cast heals during stasis. Has a two turn cooldown.

Spellbreaker: Double Strike has been removed and replaced with Empowered Spells! Empowered Spells Empowers the next spell for the next turn. Empowered Dampen Magic reduces magical damage taken by 30% to all allies instead of one. Empowered Magical Strike doesn't give the buff next turn, but instead increases Magical Strikes Damage by 50%. Empowered Dispel removes all effects from all allies instead of one. Has a two turn cooldown. Dampen Magic lost its cooldown, and 5% of the magical damage reduction (down to 20%) and can only be applied to one ally or themself. Lasts one turn. Dispel has changed too: Dispel - Removes a magical effect, HoT, or Buff from an enemy. Empowered: Removes magical effects, HoT's, and Buffs from all enemies.

Saboteur: Happy Feet has been changed! It is now a permanent effect. This'll be a blast! can now stack up to three times, with a 10% increment on each bomb (leads up to a total of 330% damage). Explosive Tendency has increased by 5% (up to 20%), and Show Ya Moves now does 150% to two targets, instead of 200% to the secondary target.

Demonologist: The Invoker class was scrapped after reworks. It is now named the Demonologist, and has a completely different kit. Check the spreadsheet for the updates! Players who were Invokers are now automatically transferred to Demonologists, who can change again if they do not want to stick with that class. (Directly, Awein and Guest).

Last edited by _Zenith_; 06-8-2015 at 08:47 PM..
Old 06-8-2015, 08:29 PM   #70
Deidara837
For a New Beginning
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Rip negative zone abuse lol
Good changes though Bunch of comments regarding Spellbreaker:

For readability, the Empowered Spells effects could be split up among their respective ability cells in the sheet. Such as, "If Empowered, [ability text]"

Does the Empowered Magical Strike's +50% damage modify it from 200% -> 300% (multiplicative, assuming this one) or 200% -> 250% (additive) ?

[Dampen Magic -> Dampen Magic] seems more effective than [Empowered Spells -> Dampen Magic], not sure if something should change there

_9th OT: D2 - 13th Place
10th OT: D5 - 45th Place
11th OT: D6 - 12th Place

EMG Rivalry | EMG Spreadsheet
Old 06-8-2015, 08:37 PM   #71
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to AragakiAyase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deidara837 View Post
Does the Empowered Magical Strike's +50% damage modify it from 200% -> 300% (multiplicative, assuming this one) or 200% -> 250% (additive) ?
It's additive.
Old 06-8-2015, 08:53 PM   #72
PhantomPuppy
Washed and Irrelevant D7

@deidara we changed dampen magic. also like aragaki said, all the buffs/defuffs are additive.

edit: does anybody feel that for base stats, each class should have only one stat that starts off at 1? cuz there are currently 4 classes that have 2 stats that start at 1, and it seems like they're at a disadvantage. (btw, im not part of staff, so i cant enforce it myself)

Quote:
you know what they say

Last edited by PhantomPuppy; 06-8-2015 at 08:56 PM..
Old 06-8-2015, 09:08 PM   #73
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Quote:
@deidara we changed dampen magic. also like aragaki said, all the buffs/defuffs are additive.

edit: does anybody feel that for base stats, each class should have only one stat that starts off at 1? cuz there are currently 4 classes that have 2 stats that start at 1, and it seems like they're at a disadvantage. (btw, im not part of staff, so i cant enforce it myself)
If people feel is one is too low I'll bump it up, but the only stats that are 1 are Wisdom and Luck, which does not increase a core stat (they are gimmick stats that certain classes benefit more from, but any class can build into it).

The classes that have more than 1 in Wis or Luck are classes that are more beneficially built towards those stats, where a dragoon doesn't necessarily need those stats as much as their recommended ones.

Old 06-8-2015, 09:21 PM   #74
PhantomPuppy
Washed and Irrelevant D7

fair enough zen, that makes a lot of sense. hmmm, just curious, how come nobody wants to play juggernaut? :P

edit: suggestion, do u think for leveling up stats, should the recommended stats get an RNG between 3-5, and the other 4 stats RNG between 1-3? that way nobody gets completely screwed over by RNG by the time they're level 50, or even 25. it would also be more focused and beneficial towards specific classes.

Quote:
you know what they say

Last edited by PhantomPuppy; 06-8-2015 at 09:28 PM..
Old 06-9-2015, 08:32 AM   #75
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

The RNG level up stats are 1-5 per stat, but it does help to have specific targets on recommended stats so yeah. Aside from 1-3 per stat, recommended stats will be 2-4 RNG'd.

I planned on starting this, but may wait either longer today or back to tomorrow as my sister staying home really fucced my dad and I with our plans.

Also I might switch to Juggernaught as it is highly recommended to have one in a dungeon group.

May add an incremental 10 per level (you need 10 more exp to level again) IE: To hit level 50 you'll need roughly 600 experience. Subject to change or tweaking.

CHANGE: Non-Recommended Stats will now be RNG'd through 1-3, while recommended stats are being RNG'd through 2-4.

Last edited by _Zenith_; 06-9-2015 at 09:06 AM..
Old 06-9-2015, 09:08 AM   #76
PhantomPuppy
Washed and Irrelevant D7

oh, just 2 more class suggestions for balancing.

1. for demonologist's scream of death, you should say whether using the confused enemy's turn to attack one of their troops uses up the enemy's turn or the demonologist's turn. if it eats up the enemy's turn it's super useful (but not OP since it's only 50% damage), but if it takes up the demon's turn, it's not that strong. also, for the drain soul, it should either have damage bumped up to 200% or the cooldown reduced to 1 turn, since dragoon's lancet does 100% and heals 20/10 with no cooldown, and if used 3 times in a row, does 300% and heals 60/30, as compared to demon's 150% and 30/15, since they can only use once in 3 turns. bit unbalanced.

2. paragon's shield blast effect seems a bit useless, since there are literally no spells that take 1 turn to charge up or anything. does it mean "interrupts spellcasts the following turn"? if so, that is useful, but you just need to clarify.

Quote:
you know what they say

Old 06-9-2015, 09:11 AM   #77
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Quote:
oh, just 2 more class suggestions for balancing.

1. for demonologist's scream of death, you should say whether using the confused enemy's turn to attack one of their troops uses up the enemy's turn or the demonologist's turn. if it eats up the enemy's turn it's super useful (but not OP since it's only 50% damage), but if it takes up the demon's turn, it's not that strong. also, for the drain soul, it should either have damage bumped up to 200% or the cooldown reduced to 1 turn, since dragoon's lancet does 100% and heals 20/10 with no cooldown, and if used 3 times in a row, does 300% and heals 60/30, as compared to demon's 150% and 30/15, since they can only use once in 3 turns. bit unbalanced.

2. paragon's shield blast effect seems a bit useless, since there are literally no spells that take 1 turn to charge up or anything. does it mean "interrupts spellcasts the following turn"? if so, that is useful, but you just need to clarify.
Clarified; thanks for spotting out those!

Old 06-9-2015, 10:41 AM   #78
PhantomPuppy
Washed and Irrelevant D7

this will be my last ability related post, since i feel everything is really balanced and set.

magister's summon elemental just needs a few clarifications is all.

1. does it do 50% of the magister's base damage, or 50% damage done that round?
2. does it count as a basic attack or a spell? (basically, it can be cancelled if it's a spell, it can't be cancelled it's a basic attack, if i'm understanding how this works correctly).
3. do ally buffs apply to the elemental?

Quote:
you know what they say

Last edited by PhantomPuppy; 06-9-2015 at 10:42 AM..
Old 06-9-2015, 10:55 AM   #79
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

1) It states 50% total damage. Since you have to use a turn to summon it, it does not attack that phase; thus meaning if the Magister uses an offensive move, it would attack for 50% of the total damage dealt by the spell. Wouldn't attack during Anti-Damage Zone as the name applies.
2) Basic Attack, they can be under crowd control effects however like a stun or Anti-Damage Zone.
3) Just like the above point, yes, they do apply.

Last edited by _Zenith_; 06-9-2015 at 11:00 AM..
Old 06-9-2015, 06:43 PM   #80
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

This will be starting tomorrow as planned. Are there any last day questions or concerns regarding how this will work?

EDIT: Progress has begun with gear tables, enemies in dungeons, life, mana, and damage values. I am also drawing out the battle system; with RNG calculations, presence of order, and critical chance/dodge/block/reflect values. I have only began to scratch the surface with these values.

Last edited by _Zenith_; 06-9-2015 at 07:27 PM..
Closed Thread