Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events

Closed Thread

Old 06-7-2015, 04:54 PM   #1
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default The FFR Step-RPG (Status: Active)

Welcome to the FFR Step-RPG! Here, players will face many challenges, combat dungeons, and progress through weekly quests for the satisfaction of conquering all who oppose and build the strongest of challengers!

How this works
1) Sign up by posting a name for your character and class in the thread. There will be an additional slot for players to create a second character when their first reaches the maximum level.
2) Read this entire post to familiarize yourself with how things work and how to start off and what the overall goal is!
3) Pick a class from the section labeled "Classes". Each are different as in the future there will be Dungeons and Ascensions.
4) There will be weekly Quests for each division. You must complete the quest to gain experience and stat points.
5) Do not be rude or demeaning to any participant. Follow the forum rules and everything should run smooth. Also for any event pertaining character progression, you MUST post in thread or PM me privately (_Zenith_) about a decision you are making pertaining your character.

Classes and Stat Genres
As of right now there Ten (10) Classes to choose from; as well as Six (6) stat genres that you may improve. The classes are:
Paragon (Rec: Str + Vit) [Melee]
Vindicator (Rec: Dex + Luck) [Ranged]
Demonologist (Rec: Int + Wis) [Ranged]
Rejuvenator (Rec: Vit + Wis) [Ranged]
Dragoon (Rec: Str + Dex) [Melee]
Spellbreaker (Rec: Int + Luck) [Melee]
Juggernaught (Rec: Vit + Luck) [Melee]
Saboteur (Rec: Dex + Int) [Ranged]
Bloodthirster (Rec: Str + Wis) [Melee]
Magister (Rec: Int + Vit) [Ranged]

The Stat Genres are:
Strength - Increases Physical Damage.
Dexterity - Increases Ranged Damage, Determines order of turns in Dungeons.
Intellect - Increases Magical Damage and Mana.
Vitality - Increases Health and Armor.
Wisdom - Increases the effects of spells by a stat scaling bonus.
Luck - Increases the chances of more damage/healing, RNG's 1-Luck Stat to determine.

Level System
Completing a quest or dungeon gives you experience. As of right now there are FIFTY (50) Levels. In order to level up, a character must gain ONE HUNDRED EXPERIENCE POINTS + 10 PER LEVEL That means, with every 100 EXP, you gain a level, and that level increases the EXP Cap per level by 10 (IE: Level 11 = 200 EXP). Every time you level up, you will receive an RNG amount of 1-3 to each stat, aside from gathering Stat Points. Recommended Stats will be RNG'd through 2-4.

Questing
There will be weekly quests to complete. These quests pertain to FFR songs that you must play. Quests offer a set amount of EXP and a set amount of Stat Points. Quests are formatted in weekly batches, consisting of One (1) Novice, One (1) Normal, and One (1) Elite Quest with scaling rewards to their difficulty. Weekly Batches go into an archive where they no longer give rewards.

Stat Points
Upon completion of a quest or dungeon, you will receive experience and stat points. Stat points can also be awarded for leveling up. You will receive Stat Points for Quests and THREE (3) for leveling up while Dungeons have their own set Stat Points. For a certain fee, you can regain already spent stat points (reducing your character to base).

Ascensions
In some RPGs, you hit a point in the game where you have hit a wall with progressing further. Now, when you reach the MAXIMUM level, you can Ascend! Ascensions will give you a lump sum of credits for achieving an Ascension, a reroll to start anew, and if you reroll the same class again, you will start with DOUBLE the base stats for that class. If it is your first time Ascending, you will also receive a second character slot (first time ascending also means both of your slots are open for new characters).

Dungeons
To differ this game from others, there will be more than just questing to do. Dungeons are done by grouping up with FOUR (4) different players and crawling through a dungeon. They are set up in a real-time format (These Dungeons are projected to take between 15-30 minutes depending on your party). ALL PLAYERS MUST BE READY AND IN THREAD TO START A DUNGEON! Dungeons offer credits, EXP, and Stat Points upon completion (Stat Points are RNG'd between 5-10 per group). This is a total of 5 players involved in a dungeon.

The Barricades(Levels 10-15) is a FOUR stage Dungeon. The Forces of Evil have a stronghold that holds something very unique! DIFFICULTY -- EASY.

Shop
The Shop is now open in the #2 Post of this Thread. Using Gold, you can purchase any item listed, along with a brief description of the item and its cost. The Shop will continue to grow as this event grows.

Donating!
Any and all donations are welcomed and are sent to me, _Zenith_, and post in the thread that you have donated.

gold stinger -- 3154901
PrawnSkunk -- 100000
Deidara837 -- 50000
AragakiAyase -- 30000
_Zenith_ -- 25000
PhantomPuppy -- 10000

YOU CAN SIGN UP AT ANY TIME DURING THIS EVENT!

Participants!
Now in the spreadsheet!

Changelogs

Changelog One has been Released!
New Classes have been Released!
Juggernaught (Rec: Vit + Luck) [Melee]
Saboteur (Rec: Dex + Int) [Ranged]
Bloodthirster (Rec: Str + Wis) [Melee]
Magister (Rec: Int + Vit) [Ranged]

The First Dungeon has been Released!
The Barricades (Levels 10-15) is a FOUR stage Dungeon. The Forces of Evil have a stronghold that holds something very unique! DIFFICULTY -- EASY.

The Donation Incentive has been Officially Removed! As much as I want to offer a reward for donating, it is fair that no advantage is gained .

Inventory and Gear has been Released! You now have inventory space where your gear will be stored, and gear itself is now obtainable! Gear is obtained at the end of a dungeon, as well as RANDOMLY given for completing a quest in the form of a CHEST!

Changelog Two is now released!

1) Players may now complete a quest using the division below their leaderboard division for half of the quest rewards and no chest roll.

2) Credits will now be awarded for rolling a chest! You will receive 2000 credits for being awarded a chest.

3) Stat Points are no longer account bound. They are only usable to the character who received the Stat Points (Character-Unique now).

4) Dungeon specifics are now released for the first dungeon (also listed below)!
- Completion Rewards: 200EXP and 8 Stat Points!

First Battle - 2 Goblins, 2 Sharpshooters, and 1 Shaman.
Rewards: 70EXP and 1 Stat Point

Second Battle - 2 Orc Soldiers and 2 Ogre Magi.
Rewards 70EXP and 1 Stat Points

Third Battle - 2 Blademasters, 2 Shamans, and 1 Totem Protector.
Rewards: 85EXP and 2 Stat Points

Fourth Battle (Last) - 1 Blademaster, 1 Shaman, and 1 Warchief.
Rewards: 100EXP, 3 Stat Points, and 2 Chests to each player

5) A New Quest Batch has been released! There is a new type of quest called Novice to replace Starter since the Starter quest is part of the first batch and cannot continue.

6) Huge Thanks to Gold Stinger for creating the ItemDB for the first dungeon! ItemDBs have been created for specific genres of how to obtain gear (Quest and Dungeon have been completed)! Now when you open a chest, you will get a specific piece of gear accordingly to the ItemDB. You may obtain gear that isn't suitable for your class, and other gear that you can use that is mainly for a specific class (IE: Demonologist and Rejuvenator could interchange gear because they share a main stat).
We encourage trading between players if you receive gear not usable to your particular class.

We have a few other projects to work on which include Areas/Zones, the Combat System, and the Shop. Keep in tuned for next week's changelog!

Changelog Three is now released!

1) Quests are now organized more thoroughly and quest batches will be unable to be completed the week after its initial release (IE: Week Three's Batch ends next Tuesday and we won't be taking submissions for those quests).

2) After Discussion, EXP will be gained faster to ensure the event doesn't go stale and for players to get involved with the majority of the content in this event (Dungeons and Endgame). We will be bumping the individual EXP gains from Quests, as well as from Dungeons and any other EXP generating mechanics that may arise in the future.

3) The First Dungeon is nearly finished (We have approximately this week to have it completely running). We are putting it through a test trial run to work out kinks in how it runs or the combat system.

4) Combat System and Healing has been remastered. The Current Healing Calculation is as follows:
Code:
Weapon Base Damage ÷ 3 + Wisdom Calculation + Level ×2
The Rejuvenator Class is undergoing tweaks because of the new formula.

5) Potions are now given out by quests (2 for Novice, 3 for Normal, 4 for Elite)! Health Potions restore 50% of Maximum Health on a 2 Turn Cooldown, and Mana Potions do the same but affect Mana instead of Health. We discussed about a shop but there is very uneven ground in ensuring the game doesn't contract a "Pay to Win" situation. This is how we are combating it as of now.

Changelog Four

This week's changelog is a big one, and we would first like to apologize for any inactivity periods lately, this month is a bumpy one for myself and for a few of the other staff members but we are working whenever we get the chance to update.

We have finished implementing and finalizing a Store feature! There is also an In-Game Currency being implemented (Namely, Gold)! Gold is earned the following ways:

Dungeons (Shared among the party, Fixed Amount)
Quests (Earned individually, per tier of quest)
Chests (Earned when opening a chest)

Chests have undergone a change! Players who have already received and opened a chest from a quest and were awarded credits will be imbursed Gold currency for the chests they've already opened! Payouts are scheduled to take place tomorrow! For more clarification, opening a chest will award you an item and gold now.

Potions will no longer be awarded from completing quests! Instead, they are purchasable at the store for 15 gold per potion. There are two new potions for specifically two classes (Bloodthirster and Vindicator), that restore 50% of their total Resource pool. All Potions cost the same amount of gold.

Critical Chance is now applied to Luck, and removed from Strength. This change brings more diversity into character builds and also negates Melee classes from being the only type of class that can essentially have double percent Critical Chance over other classes.

Base Mana Value is set to 100 mana, with each turn giving 10 mana (This mana is refunded at the beginning of a player's turn).

We are finishing up the final inner workings of Dungeons and plan on doing a test run of a dungeon sometime soon. If there are any questions let us know (The OP is a bit outdated with the current way things are running and will undergo a heavy update shortly).

Last edited by _Zenith_; 07-31-2015 at 11:22 PM.. Reason: Constant Updates
Old 06-7-2015, 04:58 PM   #2
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Default Re: The FFR Step-RPG (Act: Signups)

Shop

If you'd like to buy anything, just holler in the thread!
The item will be unpacked, and credited to you!

(The appearance of the shop & assist when shopping will improve the more items are added!)

Potions

Health Potion - 30 Gold
The universal healing potion. Adventurers just can't get enough of this!

Mana Potion - 30 Gold
The universal potion of being able to do more! Although, some people would disagree with me on that one.

Enraged Vial - 30 Gold
The mana equivalent potion for Bloodthirsters! I wonder if it's made of blood?

Adrenaline Shot - 30 Gold
The mana equivalent potion for Vindicators! It smells like perspiration!

Equipment (Tier 1)
(When an item is picked, the stat it helps is randomized to your major stats.)
(The assist is the bracketed text between the item name and the flavor info.)

50 Gold - Traveler's Cap
(Helm, works for Levels 1 - 15)
No adventurer would dare leave their home without their trusty cap! 60% waterproof!

25 Gold - Traveler's Pauldrons
(Shoulder, works for Levels 1 - 15)
These blocked a throwing dagger for my great great uncle!

75 Gold - Traveler's Breastplate
(Chest, works for Levels 1 - 15)
The most useful piece of armor, it's also the most rusted!

25 Gold - Traveler's Gloves
(Gloves, works for Levels 1 - 15)
They say these gloves have seen more than just gold, if you know what I mean!

25 Gold - Traveler's Sash
(Belt, works for Levels 1 - 15)
You can carry tons of things with this! Like the ability to prevent indecent exposure!

50 Gold - Traveler's Treads
(Boots, works for Levels 1 - 15)
I think there's some free mold inside!

50 Gold - Nimble Sword
(Wep.Off (1H), works for Levels 1 - 15)
A bit lighter than the other swords. Could prove useful!
Melee & Ranged Class Characters Only

75 Gold - Oak Staff
(Wep.Off (2H), works for Levels 1 - 15)
It's made with some good wood. I can taste it. Yes, I tasted it.
Magic Class Characters Only

75 Gold - Simple Battleaxe
(Wep.Off (2H), works for Levels 1 - 15)
So simple, it's almost a background double!
Melee Class Characters Only

25 Gold - Old Spellbook
(Wep.Def, works for Levels 1 - 15)
I'm too dumb to use it, but if you can, it's yours for a price!
Magic Class Characters Only

50 Gold - Worn Shield
The splinters in the shield with no blood in them gives bonuses to luck!
Melee Class Characters Only

25 Gold - Bag of Disorients
A bag of tricks & gags! Perfect for confusing that pesky goblin why you even carry around such a thing!

50 Gold - Ancient Bow
(Wep.Off (2H), (1H) for Ranged Class users. Works for Levels 1 - 15)
I think the drawstring is made of cobweb! That's like, WOW!
Ranged Class Characters Only

Last edited by _Zenith_; 07-11-2015 at 09:50 PM..
Old 06-7-2015, 05:04 PM   #3
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to AragakiAyase

This looks fun.
Character name: AragakiAyase (so inventive)
D4
Vindicator
Old 06-7-2015, 05:08 PM   #4
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

I know there was an event called The FFR RPG back some time but it is now since dead (pretty much) and I've longed to either have it back or make a variation.

During the signup time period, I will be organizing a spreadsheet, making changes to some things that seem rather confusing and or unnecessary. I am also constantly updating the OP for participants.

EDIT: I don't need Division announcements actually. Just realized that #Derp

Last edited by _Zenith_; 06-7-2015 at 05:18 PM..
Old 06-7-2015, 05:19 PM   #5
helphelp11
FFR Player

Well, I guess I'll join.
Character Name: KindlyHeals
Class: Rejuvenator
D2
(When in doubt, stand back and heal. Also, not sure how the name will work out in the RPG, but I'm not too worried.)

Highest AAA: Clockwork Gearman (45) (Sightread)
Highest SDG: Trobbel (56) (6-1-0-1)
Highest FC: Love Coloured Master Spark (LUV2 Remix) (65)

Highest AAA: Pointless Fast Rap (was 45) (Sightread)
Highest Blackflag: F (was 33) Well, this is awkward...
Highest SDG: Cheat Codes (was 55) (4-1-0-1)
Highest FC: We Killed The Rave (was 63)
2016-01-21 - Reached D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hateandhatred View Post
banned because michael phelps11!!11!!1!!!
Old 06-7-2015, 05:27 PM   #6
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to AragakiAyase

Sent 30k credits over, need to have enough for all my secret songs.
Old 06-7-2015, 05:28 PM   #7
PrawnSkunk
Administrator
User Administrator
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Character Name: Rostrum
Division: 6
Class: Vindicator
Hype: Critical%
Advice: Exchanging credits for any advantage is generally a bad idea. Maybe use currency that can be converted one-way into credits?
Old 06-7-2015, 05:28 PM   #8
FFR Pro 21
FFR R1 Vaporeon
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to FFR Pro 21

Sure, I'll join in on this.

Character name: FFR Pro 21
Class: Paragon
Old 06-7-2015, 05:31 PM   #9
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by AragakiAyase View Post
Sent 30k credits over, need to have enough for all my secret songs.
Updated to here!

EDIT: Prawn, thank you for that suggestion.

@Aragaki, you are back at level one but have received a level up token for donating! You can use this at any time you want.

Last edited by _Zenith_; 06-7-2015 at 05:40 PM..
Old 06-7-2015, 06:45 PM   #10
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

AragakiAyase is now an official member of the team! I am also looking for one other person that is interested in helping keep this event stable and organized. PM myself if you are interested and you will receive a reply back.

Old 06-7-2015, 07:35 PM   #11
PhantomPuppy
Washed and Irrelevant D7
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

oh my GOD yes, im in!

character name: PhantomPuppy
class: dragoon
D5

edit: sorry, cant help out since i have a tourney to run also, but i sent over 10k as a hype donation :P

10th OT (D3): 13th
11th OT (D6): 11th
12th OT (D6): 6th
13th OT (D7): 31st
14th OT (D7): 25th
15th OT (D7): LAST PLACE
16th OT (D7): LAST PLACE LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
you know what they say

under all the rust is really shiny...……… metal

Last edited by PhantomPuppy; 06-7-2015 at 07:36 PM..
Old 06-7-2015, 07:44 PM   #12
Guest15937
One-handed elite
FFR Veteran

Definitely in. Should get me to play some FFR instead of just SM.

Character name: Guest15937
Class: Invoker (first one, woo)
Old 06-7-2015, 07:59 PM   #13
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Updated to here! I wonder who the first Spellbreaker will be

Old 06-7-2015, 08:29 PM   #14
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Does anyone have any questions so far?

I'll be making a changelog to document the changes that happen (thinking for future purposes).

Offer is still on the table if anyone would like to be a part of this.

Old 06-7-2015, 08:37 PM   #15
PhantomPuppy
Washed and Irrelevant D7
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

oh, i didnt read the 30k donation = level up thing lol. tempting... pay 2 win confirmed? :P

10th OT (D3): 13th
11th OT (D6): 11th
12th OT (D6): 6th
13th OT (D7): 31st
14th OT (D7): 25th
15th OT (D7): LAST PLACE
16th OT (D7): LAST PLACE LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
you know what they say

under all the rust is really shiny...……… metal
Old 06-7-2015, 08:40 PM   #16
ShadowDueler97
scarhand pls
FFR Veteran

Character name: Galanoth
Division: 6
Class: Dragoon

Old 06-7-2015, 08:49 PM   #17
MarcusHawkins
Constantly Improving!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MarcusHawkins

Just a question. If you reflect, do you take any damage? If so, how much more or less damage is being hit than blocked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Medley View Post

This man is three months too early.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badman7772 View Post
Guess I'll take another Quality Pack please. I won't have Hawkins luck but I'm sure I'll have badluck7772.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
what the fuck marcus lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
You should all thank MarcusHawkins btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDRNGGin View Post
Marcus is probably going to be the main man to win this (You will always be my DDR brother for life, MarcusHawkins! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Kitten View Post
Best Newbie
1st: MarcusHawkins: 4

Up And Coming FFRer
2nd: MarcusHawkins: 3
Old 06-7-2015, 09:01 PM   #18
Trumpet63
Mostly Ignored
Skill Rating Designer
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Trumpser the Spellbreaker, D3
2014 October 7th 1:03 AM

Zageron: Trumpet
Trumpet63: yes, im here
Zageron: You have a problem.
Old 06-7-2015, 09:18 PM   #19
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPuppy View Post
oh, i didnt read the 30k donation = level up thing lol. tempting... pay 2 win confirmed? :P
Not pay to win, but an incentive to donate and the only thing it does is speed up the leveling process by three levels.

@Shadow, nice AQ name
@Marcus, reflect works by taking an enemy hit, negating the damage, and dealing a portion of the damage back to the target. Block is completely negating any incominh damage, which includes magical damage taken so keep that in mind.
@Trumpet, first SB!

Currently updating.

Updated!

PrawnSkunk
You have received THREE level up tokens! Thank you for the donation!

Last edited by _Zenith_; 06-7-2015 at 09:30 PM..
Old 06-7-2015, 09:35 PM   #20
ShadowDueler97
scarhand pls
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
@Shadow, nice AQ name
Thanks! Used to play that game all the time.

Closed Thread