Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2020, 04:22 PM   #1381
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Phil View Post
I get that I'm the only person who understands mechanics on this site
but I have to put up with being the only person who understands mechanics on this site
and that's a real drag sometimes
Does this game have a wolf day chat ? Y/N and why ?
Old 03-11-2020, 04:24 PM   #1382
TWG Chrissy
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Flurry View Post
Does this game have a wolf day chat ? Y/N and why ?
Yes, and
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Clarifications / FAQ:

- Wolf chat can be used at anytime.
- Acquisitioner can choose to use their ability or not
- If you are aquired, you will be locked out of your account. DO NOT change the password of your account or you will be instantly modkilled.
- All OGI is modkillable, this can range from:
-- asking about an event to know who a player really is
-- posting screenshots of your handwriting
-- any information that can be used to angleshoot to sway votes/opinion. This is vague and hard to moderate, but I will trust you all will respect where the line is.
-- IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE ASK. BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY.
Old 03-11-2020, 04:24 PM   #1383
TWG Del
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dora View Post
Intent to vote Zucker at around 58
Looking at it, I don't know if a wolf would do this (just before my claim)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Punchy View Post
Chief time?
Might be worth looking into this. I think a wolf would just go onto Zucker by this point, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Eugene View Post
We can't also forget we have a P.I who COULD have made an asspull and blocked the acquisitioner. It's hard to ignore that, but it's MORE THAN LIKELY what you said Fauna
is it really so unlikely for a PI to hit the aqui? I think it's in the realm of possibility, and if so good job PI (don't claim tho)

Quote:
Eugene, I just wanted to say; you stop at the weirdest posts.

The Julian post is hardly alignment indicative.
The 5 post minimum thing is not something we can do anything about.
I also don't understand why you would think that it's important for me to find who people are over alignment either.
agree w flurry here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Tank View Post
didn't chief have zuck null? boomer was team zuck
molly quiet til vote change. she should fess up to how much she was readin
rolf is rolf. he sorta reacted, you didnt quote it tho. watcha think?

nm left in the twg tank fam
boomer
tank looking solid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Fauna View Post
So I’ve been out all day and I’m gonna ISO all these people when I get home but I just wanted to put some thoughts out there to hopefully start some discussion

As mentioned before, punchy and chief look a little too comfortable interacting with zucker.

Boomer has been playing a very commentary styled game

Matthilda doesn’t seem to be very interested in helping us solve this game at all

Rolf is strange , says lots of words that don’t really mean anything, need to reread

Phil is eh for the fake roleclaim suggestions, I feel like that’s something a wolf would find a lot more valuable than a town would

I really didn’t like julians EoD, he seemed to swing all over the place, not even believing his own comments

Eugene has had a strong opening impression

I like Dora and I like maple
this list doesn't really say much, more than anything it leads people to their own pinions instead of pushing their own, but will see if there's any later

that said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Fauna View Post
boomer is currently topping my list of suspects.

He is not getting involved in discussions, the only person in the entire game he challenged was Chief and last but not least he has made one semblance of a read in the game, as a strong town lean, and guess who it was?

Zucker.
This read kinda piggybacks off the popular choice, but actually brings up some unique arguments (mention of challenging chief)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Cherry View Post
i completely forgot the acqui got that pregame choice what what
weird post

Quote:
I considered this...but no matter which way you look at it, we...

Oh fuck...

6. Cop role block/doctor miss/Aquisition made a move
I don't like the overreliance on mechanics instead of reads by eugene, I know people will challenge me on this, but strict logic (eg. overanalysis of mechanics, esp when all were waiting on me anyways for info) is inherently wolfy because it masks tones naturally

Quote:
with del's claim this reads list gets a bit more interesting what what

boomer for wolf partner makes sense, i'd be suspicious of those town reads too
more pertinent I think is zucker wasn't even mentioned, but he ended up voting for zucker

Quote:
I would have to ISO Julian to see who he tunneled in what order to see, but from.EOD he seemed dead set on Del to the point where Del felt desperate enough to claim cop, and as of yet, no one has countered this claim.

It's still early, but I believe that Del is telling the truth here. No one in their right mind would fake claim a PR in the heat of EOD with nearly EVERYONE in thread
without reading ahead yet, reminder to iso julian if you didn't
Old 03-11-2020, 04:25 PM   #1384
TWG Del
FFR Player

Quote:
Welcome back !

I think the only important question for you was "why check Dora?".
I mentioned not liking dora during day of; a lot of things were said without anything being said, if that makes sense. I think a couple other people had similar notions, so ideally I wanted to clear the air on 'em.
Old 03-11-2020, 04:30 PM   #1385
TWG Chrissy
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Del View Post
is it really so unlikely for a PI to hit the aqui? I think it's in the realm of possibility, and if so good job PI (don't claim tho)
Now here's a question that I'm not sure has been asked yet: does the PI get notified if they hit the acqui? Because since they're exclusively there to block the 3rd party, that's their only concern. Unless wolves decide to team with the acqui for whatever convoluted reason there might be, PI's only gotta worry about acqui.

So my thoughts are: if PI somehow DOES end up hitting acqui and gets notified of doing so, all they have to do is say "hey I hit the acqui it's <so-and-so I blocked last night>".

The acqui will be outed, and if the acqui does choose to use their ability we'll know what to look for, I'd assume. There's prolly a million complications with this but tbh I'd assume if this one mechanic is how it is it could help us solve the acqui.
Old 03-11-2020, 04:31 PM   #1386
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Del View Post
I mentioned not liking dora during day of; a lot of things were said without anything being said, if that makes sense. I think a couple other people had similar notions, so ideally I wanted to clear the air on 'em.
It's okay. I just thought you'd end up checking Julian, Chief or some potential wagon at the time of that EoD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Chrissy View Post
Yes, and
Now I feel bad because I wanted to be clever and definitely failed.
Old 03-11-2020, 04:32 PM   #1387
TWG Chrissy
FFR Player

That last paragraph there? Prolly irrelevant since if the acqui's outed we'd just evict them anyway. But if we decide not to, anyway. I might not be understanding everything correctly but it seems to make sense to me, anyway.
Old 03-11-2020, 04:36 PM   #1388
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
That last paragraph there? Prolly irrelevant since if the acqui's outed we'd just evict them anyway. But if we decide not to, anyway. I might not be understanding everything correctly but it seems to make sense to me, anyway.
Just because roleblocker exist, Acqui has to be lynched every time.
Old 03-11-2020, 04:36 PM   #1389
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Ok, I'm stupid. PI can get NK'd too.
Old 03-11-2020, 04:39 PM   #1390
TWG Chrissy
FFR Player

Quote:
Ok, I'm stupid. PI can get NK'd too.
Ye I forgot to put that one in but like, assuming this is if they successfully hit the acqui, and out em and SURVIVE, why would they get NK'd? Wolves are tryna win, gettin rid of Acqui would be their best interest.
Old 03-11-2020, 04:39 PM   #1391
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Also, Acqui doesn't win with town. So, there's no point.
Old 03-11-2020, 04:40 PM   #1392
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
Ye I forgot to put that one in but like, assuming this is if they successfully hit the acqui, and out em and SURVIVE, why would they get NK'd? Wolves are tryna win, gettin rid of Acqui would be their best interest.
Acqui can target a town.
Old 03-11-2020, 04:41 PM   #1393
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Strange questions Chrissy. Interesting, but strange.
Old 03-11-2020, 04:52 PM   #1394
TWG Del
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Julian View Post
if this wasn't an anon game then i doubt i would've read del the way that i did. 95% sure i know who it is now and they've fucked me over in the past like this too
stop being so cocky, you haven't earned it

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mathilda View Post
l love how people are hopping on my dick about not being active when the phase started during my sleep hours
weird first post of the phase

Quote:
you tunneled the ever living fuck out of them in a way that doesn't make a whole lot of sense on a re-read what what

like ok yeah i can see why you would think they're a wolf but you were so laser focused on getting them that them being a pr reflects super poorly on you
cherry and julian probably not w/w

Quote:
Please tell me you guys are not actually letting this shit slide. Flurry said "blocked Del for obvious reasons" yeah wolf blocker you mean. This is not towny at all.

then that sudden "oops I thought" when there was no pressure. yeah no that's like wolf team saying yo you fucked up fix it
not sure that it's a slip, either way flurry and mathilda not w/w

Quote:
Yet you quoted this and not the other shit I said, real good job solving buddy
you didn't do a whole lot either pal

Quote:
oh yeah, i agree on boomer being a wolf (around for eod but was quiet, bare minimum engagement, and interactions with zucker + the vote on del at eod are a bad look) and also mathilda is probably the acquisitioner
shitty post tbh even without the hindsight of boomer being vigi

Quote:
I can agree on this, and that's what I want. But if necessary I would rather not have our PRs outed so fucking quickly to leave town with no protection at night
this is really ew

Quote:
So DEL claimed cop, so far no counterclaim!!

FROM HERE, which what's coming up is what I focused on the most during my readthrough as... admittedly, it's the only thing I really understood about the game from my reading.

[...]

Also as a bit of a food for thought, where's Apollo been...? My memory isn't very good but if I recall, I haven't seen him very much since the mid-20's... Feel free to correct me if my memory's betraying me, though!
I like Chrissy, seems genuine to be a struggling town thats trying their bestest

Quote:
Now that you point that out... oh dear. I interpreted "if ur a role and around del" as like "if you exist and have voted for Del" but... now that you pointed this out... I guess I'm back to square one--
fwiw i dont think phil looks bad about this at all, and was just trying to prevent a pr from dying if i did end up being a pr. good play I'd say

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Chief View Post
Also, I saw someone said I was null earlier - I think honestly I look a bit bad due the way that zucker lynch played out. While I feel the reasoning is really obvious, I don’t think I just walk away here. Mostly because it’d be openly hypocritical, despite the circumstances. In short, consider this a personal acknowledgment from me of that.
s u s

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Rolf View Post
Who says that there's wolf daychat?
tf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Apollo View Post
Hi I just finished reading from the beginning of the day until now and nothing has happened. Almost all the talk has been about speculating on what happened in the night which doesn't do anyone any good. I get the feeling that wolves are driving the conversation to make it as pointless as possible to get the least information on the coming days.

I will say I do like Eugene Mr swag koala
wasn't I wolfread for basically doing this

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Phil View Post
[lots of stuff]
phil looking good

Quote:
Shit happens and I have every reason to be sus of it.
mathilda tunneling *so* hard on the "slip" is really bad i think

Quote:
Cherry

How dare you keep your vote on a character cute like mine all of D0.
Quote:
all i have to say to that is what what
what
Old 03-11-2020, 04:53 PM   #1395
TWG Chrissy
FFR Player

Quote:
Acqui can target a town.
And yeah they can, but what I was trying to say there is why would the wolves, in their pursuit of victory, actively fuck over practically the one way they have any confirmation of who's the third-party. I know I sound like a Devil's Advocate here but in all honesty, I feel it's one of both the party's priorities to try to weed out the acqui as soon as possible before they wreak havoc on stuff.

I don't mean this in a heated tone, either. I hope it's not coming off as such and I apologize if it is. I'm trying to explain my thinking as best I can because I'm super not good at that. I'm gonna step away for a sec because of both dinner and I need to calm myself down a bit.
Old 03-11-2020, 04:55 PM   #1396
TWG Chief
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Tank View Post
chief needs to clear up his weird comments on zucker, i wanted to draw focus there
I think I addressed what was needed with Zucker, I'm not going to entertain it further. For your quicker viewing pleasure:
Quote:
Absolutely. Also, try not to get ahead of yourself, zucker only died as the second best wagon because del happened to be a pr. Don’t try to twist that.
Quote:
Also, I saw someone said I was null earlier - I think honestly I look a bit bad due the way that zucker lynch played out. While I feel the reasoning is really obvious, I don’t think I just walk away here. Mostly because it’d be openly hypocritical, despite the circumstances. In short, consider this a personal acknowledgment from me of that.
Old 03-11-2020, 04:57 PM   #1397
TWG Chrissy
FFR Player

Quote:
wine in front of me, which is a princess bride reference. it's circular logic when everyone is observing everyone else "I know that they know that I know that... etc" what what
ALSO: only just now understood this. idfk why when I first read this I thought it was a joke answer but reading it now: Wine In Front Of Me

Thanks. ^-^
Old 03-11-2020, 05:01 PM   #1398
TWG Julian
FFR Player

chief, how come you jumped from dora to zucker?
Old 03-11-2020, 05:04 PM   #1399
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
And yeah they can, but what I was trying to say there is why would the wolves, in their pursuit of victory, actively fuck over practically the one way they have any confirmation of who's the third-party. I know I sound like a Devil's Advocate here but in all honesty, I feel it's one of both the party's priorities to try to weed out the acqui as soon as possible before they wreak havoc on stuff.

I don't mean this in a heated tone, either. I hope it's not coming off as such and I apologize if it is. I'm trying to explain my thinking as best I can because I'm super not good at that. I'm gonna step away for a sec because of both dinner and I need to calm myself down a bit.
You don't want to trust wolves for a night action.
Just stop thinking here.
Old 03-11-2020, 05:06 PM   #1400
TWG Chief
FFR Player

Quote:
chief, how come you jumped from dora to zucker?
Did you think before you posted this, or do you just really want me to state the obvious for you? I'd be happy to, but I want you to admit the question was stupid first so I can hold it above your head later if I need to tell you to shut up and listen to me.
Closed Thread