Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-2-2003, 07:59 PM   #21
Anonymous
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyZero
Ok dudes,the only reason you might not like FF7 is cause your just plain stupid or you've finally realised KICK ASS RPG'S like itself are too much for you to handle. FF7 is the greatest game,the characters,the storyline and love everything about it is #$#ing amazing what is there not to like?!?!?! i mean seriously come on stop dissing it so bad when you know even if you dont like the game it's still #$#ing amazing. It's by far the greatest RPG ive ever played nex to Secret Of Mana for SNES
I'm gonna fuckin kill you for saying I'm plain stupid. I hate FF7. I dont know why, but something tells me to hate it. I also hate that Cloud gets raped. RAPED! RAPED AT A HOTEL! RAPE SHOULD NOT BE IN A GAME. ESPECIAllY AN RPG. CURSE SQUARESOFT. Now I've played Kick ass RPGs, so you can kiss my ass.
Old 10-2-2003, 08:38 PM   #22
Draco89123
FFR Player

You guys are entitled to your own opinion on games and other various stuff, I just wish that if you dislike, there is no need to post it on the forum that it sucks, and if you do, provide legitamate justification unlike "cloud gets ass raped" (which he doesn't), "people who try to support ff7 suck at explaining"(not everybody), etc... I could really care less if you didn't like it, I found it extremely amusing and well worth it, doesn't matter whether any of you guys found it fun.
Old 10-2-2003, 09:45 PM   #23
RobbyZero
FFR Player

Dude since when did he get raped I know the game inside and out man get a life and actually fucken play it and stop taking other peoples hateful opinions into your own...
Old 10-2-2003, 10:09 PM   #24
Laharl
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Laharl Send a message via MSN to Laharl

Hahaha.

Poor fanboy got his favorite game legitamately dissed so he has to resort to swearing. Aww, isn't that special.

Seriously, you can be CIVIL about disagreeing with someone. I think I used the word ignorant once, but that wasn't meant as a derogatory term, just describing a lack of knowledge in a subject.

POINTLESSLY TAKING UP BANDWIDTH SINCE THE INCEPTION OF THE INTERNET
Old 10-2-2003, 10:18 PM   #25
RobbyZero
FFR Player

Wtf is up with you man? It's clearly not my favorite game geez..you dont even bother to read anything you just barely even breeze through and start mouthing off at it ....that's pretty sad,and trying to use your increased vocabulary trying to make it look far beyond my comprehenssion it's not going to work man...
Old 10-2-2003, 10:21 PM   #26
Diabolicus
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Diabolicus

I grow tired of the graphic obseesion.
Old 10-2-2003, 10:42 PM   #27
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laharl
Ha.

Ha!

HA!

That's funny, man.

Obviously, you never played even the predecessor to FF7, FF6. Cloud and Terra have a lot in common. Both can't remember their past, both were soldiers for an evil empire (Shinra and the empire have a lot of ties, as well, btw), and both had latent powers that are unlocked later in the game. Going back to the Empire and Shinra, they both are trying to use science to create super soldiers (replace FF6's esper extraction with FF7's Mako infusions, and there you go) as well as that they are both run by evil people that get whacked by en even eviler person and the one good, non-corrupt guy dies.

Sephiroth, while not drawing from FF6, draws from THE single most heavily clichéd stereotype of a villain in all of the world, let alone Japan. I can think of countless numbers of books and anime shows where the villain is the "cold, silent badass" that has not a single flaw in the world, and they go out to kill all of humanity because they feel it's corrupt or that by detsroying people, they are doing the humans a favor.

Saying that every game drew ideas from FF7 is simply ignorant (no offence). Go read classical literature, mythologies, biblical stories, etc etc etc. Just about every story in existance can have it's roots traced back to the classics, man.
Okay, no, reading books is for sqaures. I dont like you anymore because you are right.
Old 10-2-2003, 11:51 PM   #28
Laharl
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyZero
Wtf is up with you man? It's clearly not my favorite game geez..you dont even bother to read anything you just barely even breeze through and start mouthing off at it ....that's pretty sad,and trying to use your increased vocabulary trying to make it look far beyond my comprehenssion it's not going to work man...
I've read through every post in this quite a few number of times. Don't go making assumptions. Ever hear the saying, "Don't assume; you'll make an ass out of u and me"?

Pardon me for thinking it was your favorite game. I'm getting cussed at and having people brand me as an arrogant little snot, and you have a Cloud avatar. Besides, sometimes, I like to overexaggerate things. I will say "favorite game" and just mean one of, not necessarily "the" favorite. You get my drift?

@ Jewpin: Glad to see you still having a good sense of humor about all this. :thumbsup:
Old 10-3-2003, 04:54 PM   #29
RobbyZero
FFR Player

Well I liked that picture and it was the only one I had on my computer within the size range and I chose it to be my avatar. Whether I favorise FF7 or not it would have still been my Av.
Old 10-3-2003, 05:16 PM   #30
neo_sporin
FFR Player

i greatly enjoyed FF7, beat it all the way through 3 times, and played the beginning through several more, ill play all the way to the world map without saving, then turn it off. the game was great, inspiring and unique, not a single person here has mentioned the WEAPONs, those were cool and how ruby and emerald were (almost) impossible unless you are 99 99 99 and have all the right materia. As for carbon copy of 6, you guys are fetchin straws with the similarities, and as for 8 being sucky, it wasnt, its just everyones expectations were to high coming off of 7. then after "sucky"8 people brought their standards down for 9 and saw it for what it was, mediocre. though i have a question for the carbon copy complainer. do you think 9 was a copy of 1? i mean, you had your black and red mages, your 4 (forget the names) element type guys, and other things. but it mostly has to due with if you like RPGs or not, some people do sme people dont. just like sports games, some people like em, some dont
Old 10-3-2003, 08:25 PM   #31
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

The Weapons were retarded. "Let's make bosses that you can't beat unless you're A. ridiculously overpowered, or B. have read how to do it online." And no, I do not think IX was a clone of I. Number one had no real story to speak of. IX is cool, it's the only halfway decent Playstation FF. Except for Origins, that kicks ass. Oh and FFT is like the best game ever. Ok bye...

*goes back to playing FFT:A, which sucks ass compared to the original*

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Old 10-3-2003, 08:33 PM   #32
Brainmaster07
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Brainmaster07

I hated FF9, it's like a romance between two people that look like 8 year olds. If I had to rate all the ones I've played...

FF9<FF5<FF8<FF10<FF3/6<FF7
Old 10-3-2003, 09:00 PM   #33
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

FFT > FF6 > FF5 > FF4 > FF1 > FF3 > FF2 > FF9 > FF7 > FF8 > a pile of poisoned horse shit you're being forced to eat

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Old 10-4-2003, 02:25 AM   #34
carnage
FFR Player

Location: According to ThunderClaw Great Britain....Merry pip pip and whotnot

FF7>FF6/3>FF8>FFX>FFT>FF5>FF4>FF9
Old 10-4-2003, 03:47 AM   #35
Nadoll
FFR Player

Awwww, well to tell you the truth I don't like it that much either. The ending blowed, and Cloud's amnesia got a little old, the super bosses were super annoying. However the materia is very fun to play with. (My fav being Added Status+Hades and Quad cut, maybe with counter thrown in too)

That's why my favortie games are the oldies. FF6, Chrono Trigger, and maybe FF5. As far as FF8 and 9 go, I don't like 8much. 9 was definitely too easy, but still fun.

Perhaps the thing most people like about FF7 is that it has a much more Sci-Fi feel than say, oh 5 or 4. It was different.
But the biggest reason everyone likes it is cuz half of them startedon RPG's with FF7. They just don't know any better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laharl
Hahaha.

Poor fanboy got his favorite game legitamately dissed so he has to resort to swearing. Aww, isn't that special.

Seriously, you can be CIVIL about disagreeing with someone. I think I used the word ignorant once, but that wasn't meant as a derogatory term, just describing a lack of knowledge in a subject.
Now that's funny!
Old 10-4-2003, 11:11 AM   #36
HobbesX2
FFR Player

Look how i turned Lahari into Yugioh with new, hip stylish glasses in only minutes!
Old 10-4-2003, 11:16 AM   #37
HobbesX2
FFR Player

Yey, Yugi--- oh, I mean "lagari", stup bad mouthing video games youve never played, plz
Old 10-4-2003, 11:19 AM   #38
aznprincess4lyf
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to aznprincess4lyf Send a message via Yahoo to aznprincess4lyf

double posting.....can be bad to sum watch out hehe just kidding
Old 10-4-2003, 01:49 PM   #39
Laharl
FFR Player

YET AGAIN, I"VE BEATEN THE DAMNED GAME.

Stop making half-assed ignorant claims, please.

And you can go ahead with your "leet photoshoppe skillz". You're the one missing out on the greatness that is Disgaea. And yes, even FF7 fans I've showed the game to agree that it's pretty damned good.

As I was saying, it's much appreciated when someone gives a TANGIBLE REASON for liking and not liking a game. I have given quite a few dislikes. I've seen a few people give what they liked about it, and I'm content with that.

I see that you just don't get the point. "OMG j00r making teh fun of my gaem!111!! i will swear @ j00 and call u dum and mess up j00r avatar. ff7 is > u, so tup maeking fun of whut j00 haev not playd"

POINTLESSLY TAKING UP BANDWIDTH SINCE THE INCEPTION OF THE INTERNET
Old 10-6-2003, 02:12 PM   #40
bigbadshamoo
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to bigbadshamoo Send a message via MSN to bigbadshamoo Send a message via Yahoo to bigbadshamoo

Dude If u hate ff's so much How come u have seymour as ur avatar that is wut it is right? all the ff's rocked other than ff8 maybe 9 too but you cant say that aboutt ff7 or any others i mean if u enjoy playing sims u need to die if u think racing games are more fun think again u lamer ff7 is the best. O and might i ask wut video game do u think is the best? (Cant wait for this one)

O and the superbosses topic thats all a lie if u actually like the game u wont buy the stragety guide or anything like that until u beat it on your own for your first try. Super bosses are awsome they give the game a nice little add on. Of course they are hard why wouldnt they be? I mean cmon first of all they are weapons!!! and second of all they were added to the us version of ff7. They were ment to be super hard probally not even ment to be beatin the point is if u wanna do something thats hard
Closed Thread