Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-4-2019, 11:07 AM   #661
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
See now here's another thing that's rubbing me the wrong way. How did you know raeko picked 7 before you could finish reading everything in the post of you'd have to refresh the page to see that she posted? Do you constantly refresh the page even while you're Midway reading a post?
this is some hot tunneling

- Tosh 2014

Old 07-4-2019, 11:12 AM   #662
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
Re: Soundwave and Haku’s interactions, I can’t help but see either interaction as a disadvantageous one as third party. I’d be willing to assume some kind of external interference here, perhaps something like a driver but based on night actions or items, given that it’s a bastard game. This is however trying to read the will of the host to some extent, which I don’t think is useful too often.

Memes aside, I really don’t see myself actually voting for Storn this phase, and actually agree a bit with funnier’s post there; FFA is a very confident player regardless of role. Given his vested involvement last game, I’m honestly reading him as a near VT here because his role isn’t as fun or something (though iirc the ZD one has a lot of stuff going on, is it the Pokémon/DBZ one still?).

I can’t help but see Antori as suspicious but I kind of always do and I think it’s based on his usual reluctance to get serious. I’d like him to try to elaborate on his Wolf Haku post if possible.

I’m interested by FFA’s insight that anti-host is third party, I like the idea but I’d like to see it fleshed out a bit more if possible.

I see fg’s resistance to lunch as pretty town, but possibly due to my own bias of early town circles being easily corrupted & Haku’s desire to make one as suspicious, but not paired with the role ability interaction, it’s too much and I think Haku is more careful than that as anti-town here.

I’m interested by WV’s remark on Mellon’s roll, I think it’s honestly a little presumptuous of her range — she’s a bolder player than he seems to think imho and she could just as easily do it for the sake of wresting control of the mechanic. I’d assume there are probably more pro-town rolls to be had there, but as the game progresses it’ll get riskier to roll & maybe more alignment indicative as the game progresses. I could also see punishments happening for non-participation though.

Also sorry for the long post, I think this is the first TWG I’ve gotten to play while not also being at reserves lmao (also FFXIV is in maintenance).

I find myself feeling a little suspicious of Shadowgod here too, but haven’t played many games with him. I do know he has an immense proclivity to overthink though just by reading some of the dead chats.
How many games have you played with antori before? Seems like you have a better grasp on him than I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
I disagree with fg's wolfreads on Shadow God and Soundwave. I don't believe that Soundwave denying having the item or talking about the item is NAI. He obviously could have a reason to lie about having it (if he rolled scum), therefore alignment could have an influence on his response. I thought his response seemed rather towny and the right amount of apologetic. A wolf might have apologized a bit more than him.

As for Shadow God, I think he deserves some more time and that him getting lynched as wolf last game is just a sad happenstance

WV, I'm glad you're a fan of my nihilposting. I do want to point out WV that you are much more active this game than previous ones. What's the change that's making you post more?

Idk why Dai is tinfoiling on storn. I just don't know where that post came from given the context of the rest of his posts at that time period

And ffa's hot thought on xiz nemesis being a 3p is a nice take and makes me think FFA is not 3p at all

This game is at huge risk for multiball, just saying
Iirc the game I played before my last one was when I was wolfing and I posted a lot there too. The reason I'm much more active in this game rather than just shit posting through the first day is because of what mml said saying that he'll never play a game with FFA or me in it. That's actually the whole reason I joined and me being active and actually participating is just to rub it in his FACE
Old 07-4-2019, 11:12 AM   #663
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
this is some hot tunneling
This is some cold dismissing
Old 07-4-2019, 11:18 AM   #664
gold stinger
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
This is some cold dismissing
I made this post

Quote:
I mean, if you want a good anime where the main protagonist is a total crybaby bitch, maybe try Mirai Nikki instead?
Found Xiz post

Read Xiz post

Refreshed after reading Xiz post to see if someone else has posted in response because I planned to post a number

Saw Raeko posted

Made this post

Quote:
I would have went for a number if mellon didn't tbh
Is this tunneling on order of events of which I posted during that Xiz minigame really relevant

- Tosh 2014

Old 07-4-2019, 11:26 AM   #665
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Quote:
I made this post

Found Xiz post

Read Xiz post

Refreshed after reading Xiz post to see if someone else has posted in response because I planned to post a number

Saw Raeko posted

Made this post

Is this tunneling on order of events of which I posted during that Xiz minigame really relevant
Xiz edited the op at x:15, he announced the winner at x:16, you posted twice in a row with your second post noticing the change in the op at x:17.

Raeko played the game so she was aware of what was going on. I'd just expect her to post about what she won the first. Not you who just happened to stumble upon the first page and noticed the changes. But then again if you knew raeko picked 7 before you finished reading xiz's post you'd know about what she won so you could check it out right?
Old 07-4-2019, 11:30 AM   #666
gold stinger

Quote:
Raeko played the game so she was aware of what was going on. I'd just expect her to post about what she won the first. Not you who just happened to stumble upon the first page and noticed the changes. But then again if you knew raeko picked 7 before you finished reading xiz's post you'd know about what she won so you could check it out right?
what

- Tosh 2014

Old 07-4-2019, 11:30 AM   #667
Svaz
quite clever

Quote:
How many games have you played with antori before? Seems like you have a better grasp on him than I do.
Every big game I've played this year antori has also been in (Christmas, AN) plus this past jTWG I read entirely but was too busy IRL to properly play in, where I ended up feeling the same.
Old 07-4-2019, 11:30 AM   #668
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Having been the one who called out gs for his quick reading of the change to the OP, I think it was more luck than anything else. It's also in orange text just like the contest, so it's not like he claiming to have found information in plain text like this.

It did seem odd at first, but I think that's not a point people should consider rn
Old 07-4-2019, 11:32 AM   #669
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Quote:
There was a spontaneous mechanics game from Xiz in thread that had people pick from 1 - 10. []Raeko picked 7 before I could finish reading everything in that post.[/b]

^^
Old 07-4-2019, 11:33 AM   #670
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Oops I failed to bold but you get what I'm pointing at
Old 07-4-2019, 11:33 AM   #671
gold stinger

That is some conspiracy level thinking there m'dude.

I saw this Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post

Congratulations! Mellon_Collie has won!!
Made this post in response:

Quote:
full-game posting restrictions ayaya
Saw this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Thank you for playing!! Hope to see you all again soon!!
Thought "Wait he didn't say anything about what changed or happened. Oh was it maybe one of the 5 hidden mechanics that have been in the OP since the start of the game?"

Checked OP

Cardflips.

If there was nothing changed in the OP, I would have then assumed it was a DM between Xiz & mellon of a game change specifically with mellon.

- Tosh 2014

Old 07-4-2019, 11:34 AM   #672
Svaz
quite clever

Quote:
Xiz edited the op at x:15, he announced the winner at x:16, you posted twice in a row with your second post noticing the change in the op at x:17.
I mean gs might have had multiple tabs open (like "Go Advanced" reply, and one with pg 1) or something, but I'd still consider that pretty non-indicative, though I suppose it's not unreasonable to expect that measure of thoroughness from anti-town. I see your point here, I just don't necessarily agree.
Old 07-4-2019, 11:35 AM   #673
gold stinger

Crazy that I have to argue post order on this as if it's some sort of alignment indicative like sure I'm somehow getting information from the fucking host before it goes in the thread

- Tosh 2014

Old 07-4-2019, 11:36 AM   #674
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Quote:
Every big game I've played this year antori has also been in (Christmas, AN) plus this past jTWG I read entirely but was too busy IRL to properly play in, where I ended up feeling the same.
Did he roll wolf in any of those? And if he did was he just playing catch up and doing more commentary on what he saw than actual pushing?
Old 07-4-2019, 11:37 AM   #675
Svaz
quite clever

Quote:
sure I'm somehow getting information from the fucking host before it goes in the thread
tbf that might happen in wolfchat or something? I'm just assuming Xiz isn't that sloppy though.
Old 07-4-2019, 11:38 AM   #676
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Quote:
Crazy that I have to argue post order on this as if it's some sort of alignment indicative like sure I'm somehow getting information from the fucking host before it goes in the thread
I'm not saying you're getting the info from the host???
Old 07-4-2019, 11:39 AM   #677
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Quote:
That is some conspiracy level thinking there m'dude.

I saw this Post:

Made this post in response:

Saw this post:

Thought "Wait he didn't say anything about what changed or happened. Oh was it maybe one of the 5 hidden mechanics that have been in the OP since the start of the game?"

Checked OP

Cardflips.

If there was nothing changed in the OP, I would have then assumed it was a DM between Xiz & mellon of a game change specifically with mellon.
See you say this but fwiw the timing doesn't add up
Old 07-4-2019, 11:40 AM   #678
Svaz
quite clever

Quote:
Did he roll wolf in any of those? And if he did was he just playing catch up and doing more commentary on what he saw than actual pushing?
He wasn't in any of them actually, no. jTWG was mellon and SG, and the similarity of playstyle on the latter is what some people are pushing for as suspicious here.
Old 07-4-2019, 11:42 AM   #679
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Quote:
He wasn't in any of them actually, no. jTWG was mellon and SG, and the similarity of playstyle on the latter is what some people are pushing for as suspicious here.
I'll have to take a gander at it then and check because the only game I've played with antori was his first game here and he rolled wolf and that's kind of what I'm basing my read on him on
Old 07-4-2019, 11:42 AM   #680
Svaz
quite clever

Quote:
I'm not saying you're getting the info from the host???
I am pretty intrigued that he came up with such a theory on his own without an explicit prompt, for what that's worth.