Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 07:04 PM   #1221
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to AragakiAyase
Default Re: TWG Turbo IX: The Bells of St. Sebastian - Game Thread

I don't want to think about a world where it's not shado because all those worlds are very hard

pikakirby123 reincarnated

Old 12-17-2016, 07:05 PM   #1222
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

charu had stated his desire to tunnel me, I think he definitely would've done so if here were wolfing here

Old 12-17-2016, 07:26 PM   #1223
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

What if I'm a woof fook? Whatcha gonna do about it, son?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 12-17-2016, 07:27 PM   #1224
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Yeah, THOUGHT SO.

I'm da best

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 12-17-2016, 07:35 PM   #1225
FreezinIce
FFR Player

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED
Old 12-17-2016, 07:38 PM   #1226
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

wow credit card monster that's new

Old 12-17-2016, 07:50 PM   #1227
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Pretty sure the last wolf is DBP.
He had a mediocre D0 that almost everyone townread him on, a semi-decent D1, and then he went on a really deep Freezin tunnel that eventually ended with a FG bus (after soft-defending her most of the day). He had a few posts that looked like they were setting me up for his vote today, and reads pretty scummy in late D1 especially.

Full DBP analysis:

DBP D0:

So, after his initial shitposts about snacks, planes, and eating YoshL, DBP really starts playing three hours 2.5 hours before EoD D0.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
I actually kind of like this from YoshL

"Forever hating d0 tier" feels like an appeal to emotion, and tallying activity measures contributes really nothing w/r/t alignment at this point in the game, but feels like a way to "say something "relevant""

maybe I'm ascribing my own thought process on to yoshl but it feels like a good vote to me

but I'm not moving my vote from YoshL bc he's a wolf
His very first serious post of the game is a half-shitposty support of YoshL's scumread of Freezin. He had voted YoshL earlier, so the apparent contradiction is a joke, but he makes a legitimate point about Freezin's list.

A few minutes later, he soft-defends Freezin, saying he likes that Freezin asked people to stop hating on his list because it signifies some kind of personal investment.
This is noteworthy only because Freezin died that nightphase and DBP spent much of the next day analyzing that same death.
Tone for the next hour is relatively shitposty considering EoD D0
Quote:
"hey yoshl what do you think of dbp"

yoshl votes dbp

"cool" voes dbp
Calls out AA, seems natural still because he's the one being voted.
Stops posting after that for awhile, until AA says he's frozen. He respond with a hilarious video that ironically broke the ice.

First actual response to being called out as frozen:
Quote:
I think AA mentioned that his vote served as pressure, not as a lynch vote

I thought it was amusing but I don't think it's scummy
Implying he felt no pressure because AA said he voted for pressure, then asks AA if his posts didn't feel genuine to him.

At this point, I'd have said "no, but there's no scumhunting in them, either"

He mentions he's not capable of reading Charu and hopes others can, finally responds to AA's push "the thing holding me back about AA is that the vote is so fucking stupid if he's a wolf trying to mislynch me that I can't imagine that's what's actually happening here

esp from AA"

--nothing major from DBP so far--

Quote:
I kinda like Freezin for his reaction to the tier-list thing he made earlier --- the list itself was garbage (sorry) but it seems to come from a place of towniness --- trying to instigate conversation and then being offended for being PUNISHED BY OTHERS for trying to solve the game

an eventual reread will determine if it's legitimate emotion or if he's feigning offense, but I'm leaning the former for now
Defends Freezin and rereads him as town (despite his earlier suspicion) and mentions an intention of an eventual reread, which could be important, but I don't want to tinfoil here.

Calls out DFR for being obsessed with Freezin, then mentions he ISO'd DFR "there's a lot of question-asking/prodding, and then some defenses of other players, but not a whole lot of finding scums (outside of freezin)"

more shitposts

Quote:
freezin is town, yoshl is town, rapta was town until he sheep voted me and now he's ???, dfr is TBD
^ first "reads" of the day, noting for future reference.

Interestingly, YoshL calls him out for "constantly straying off to the side, rather than offering the hyperfocus scumhunter that town dbp usually is that i think i'm set"
DBP responds by asking if YoshL has read his earlier posts (which at this point seem like they were truly constantly straying off to the side)

Quote:
@Charu my read comes from the emotion of being told his efforts are shit which is something I can relate to as town
^Regarding Freezin

[b]AA says "I don't like giving her a pass but I think she can be lynched tomorrow barring something good", DFR responds with
Quote:
fg should be off the table today
Quote:
In dfr's defense here, when you are voted, the supposition is that you can sway people's opinions with argument and evidence, especially in early-game when things are more flexible

I don't see it as an explicit appeal to AA
Seems town in retrospect.

Says AA is forcing a dichotomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Do not lynch inactives day1 please
Soft-defends FG.
and again:

Quote:
I still think lynching fg is a bad idea since it puts us nearly back at square 1 tomorrow if she's town
Then ends D0 with "I actually don't know what I want to do here" and a vote on DFR.

DBP D1:

Starts D1 with "Wasn't Charu scumreading freezin?" after Freezin's flip. That's a little suspicious because of how he switches his read of freezin the day before and because it was his instant response to the flip.

Defends Charu on the info lynch thing, noting that he doesn't "see what the utility of voting for you instead of Freezin was if he's a wolf", which is a good point.

Doesn't post for two hours, then "Keijo is the anime of the season".

Doesn't post for 4 more hours then "I don't have a lot to say at the moment"
"the choice seems to be converging to AA vs fg vs T-Force"

^General commentary, not alignment indicative, but it's interesting that AA and T-Force were perfectly capitalized and hyphenated but FG was left lowercase.

Says isos broken for him but he wants to revist freezin and then starts analyzing the kill again.
posts an analysis, then this gem:
Quote:
note that Shadow's entire defense of funnygurl this entire game is based on "tonereads"

there is no other player in this game who he supplied tonereads to IIRC
Quote:
realistically the pool is fg / AA

honestly keeping AA alive is going to fuck us down the road unless we nail a wolf today

fg too in a sense

but at the very least I want to try to reason about freezin

more freezin stuff and mentions that AA's the best info kill.

More analysis on Freezin, mentioning that he would be threatening to an inactive (this is good)

Quote:
this would be threatening to an inactive

random quote that I think is important

in response to :

this is 90% tinfoil, but shadow leaving freezin off his reads list might be important with the knowledge that freezin flipped vigi

it follows that he woudl shoot at gradiant here, because we encouraged him to look at funny tomorrow ("are you sure leaving her alive until tomorrow is going to be fruitful?")

an analysis of freezin's posts before his death all point at funny

but what's strange here is that funny presumably would have a partner who would vet the kill as well
^This focuses on funny almost exclusively, but then ends weirdly to me. It's kind of incongruent that the last sentence would follow the rest of the post.

This post is the most interesting:
Quote:
I might be supposing too much here, but I'm trying to reason out the world where fg and X would target the one person who openly threatened to kill inactives

fg would need some level of awareness that freezin was a threat, and on top of that, would need a partner who would agree to kill the biggest threat to fg

all of this is reasonable, but I'm trying to take it one step further by imagining dynamics between the team here

they would have to imagine that fg is a sinking ship, and killing freezin would be some kind of desparation play in order to keep her alive as long as possible

in this kind of world, the wolves would be looking for a zerg/complete victory

after all, they knew that AA would be under major fire because of EoD, so they could guarantee at least one extra phase with a AA mislynch
Which reads like he's talking almost about himself. He "imagines the dynamics", and notes that whoever FGs partner is would have to imagine that fg is a sinking ship.

Then, the very next post (on being prompted by AA for his opinion on wolves):

Quote:
shadow / fg / maybe someone else
^I come up out of nowhere (after people, especially AA, had been vocal of their reads on me, and he begins to push FG harder)

Quote:
I feel a little uncomfortable because I'm building a house of cards on thin assumptions, but I seriously don't know how else to reason about Freezin
^reads like he's beginning to realize how much of his logic is based on Freezin, and wants to "hedge" his reads.

Quote:
fearkill and "nightkill got randomed because inactivity" both point to FG, but the inactivity hypothesis relies explicitly on ANOTHER inactive person as well, or at least somebody who wasn't awake for the nightkill period
^possible misdirection or setting up foundation for his read of me (for not being present the first half of D0 and because AA was scumreading me for "inactivity")

Quote:
this is the unfortunate reality of the situation, you are objectively the best lynch right now, because if you're town and live until tomorrow it's game over

but if FG is town as well, we almost 100% lose

I'm not sure how to address this really
^here, he's addressing AA, which is seemingly contradictory to his earlier scumreads of "shadow/fg/maybe someone else".
It seems as though he saw AA was a top wagon with FG and wanted to establish a reason for voting him.

He follows up with:
Quote:
would it be worthwhile to let both of them live until tomorrow and actually pursue another avenue?
and (after AA says no)

Quote:
it's risky but supplies us with a few affordances

1) it gets us out of this very specific scenario and allows us to put pressure in another direction --- if this is t/t, the wolves are likely complacent atm
2) if AA/FG is w/t, then we get to witness the wolves fight aggressively to safe themselves, forcing them to expose themselves (via activity)
which seems as though he's doing as much as he can to prevent an FG lynch without actually defending her.

Quote:
I suppose, I just feel like if you are t/t then this game is already over
At this point FG is gaining a lot of heat from T-Force, and I think DBP is beginning to resolve to bus.
Quote:
I can't read AA now (or ever, really)

I've been strung along by him in games in the past, and while he does seem to be projecting town, it could always be a gambit ("yeah you really should lynch me today" -> WIFOM to save his ass)

which leaves me with fg, and while adopting a nightkill analysis perspective she looks really bad, I don't have that much from her to really feel confident
FG asks "how would *i* strike a blue"?

DBP's response is almost chill-inducingly wifom
Quote:
to be fair, you'd have a partner
this is an hour before EoD now

He says "what if the wolves are shadow and yoshl and we're just heating up our own crucible"
^could be more misdirection

bumps a few dead reads and posts without "attaching judgments"

Quote:
T-Force, aside from funny, who do you have as wolf?
^reads as though he's reconsidering his bus

I question AA's genuine-ness, he says he believes AA but it's near impossible to determine the truth of the statement I referenced.

then (after funny is put in L1):
Quote:
funny, if you're town, now's the time for your parting message
and a little later
Quote:
if fg is wolf, I might look at shadow next
Which seems really ominous and reads as though he's already planning to gun for my lynch, considering AA's push and the pressure on me.

First post this day phase kind of confirms that (in the middle of me and AA scumreading each other):
Quote:
gut is telling me shadow > yoshl wins us the game

in a distant third is charu????

Guys, I think the last wolf is DBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 12-17-2016, 07:51 PM   #1228
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Gonna ISO YoshL next after reading up on what people posted while I was doing that.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Old 12-17-2016, 07:53 PM   #1229
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

Prertty sure the last wolf is DBP

hasn't isoed the rest of the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 12-17-2016, 07:55 PM   #1230
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by AragakiAyase View Post
I really just can't see it being anyone other than shado

as hypocritical as that is of me after pushing him for saying he can only see it as me

shado has been the least towny out of everyone else alive this game, both d0 and more importantly yesterday
It's really not me, and I don't think it's you anymore after reading DBP's freezin posts (both before and after Freezin died), DBP's FG's soft defenses and then eventual bus, and DBPs bringing me up out of nowhere late last phase, after I was being scumread, as his most likely push if "FG flips wolf"

If you guys have to lynch me to avoid having me at F3, that's fine, but please lynch DBP tomorrow!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-17-2016, 07:59 PM   #1231
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is making me tinfoil on shado

Old 12-17-2016, 07:59 PM   #1232
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Prertty sure the last wolf is DBP

hasn't isoed the rest of the players
No, but I've been rereading the game while ISOing him. It's in the commentary. It took so long because figuring out the context for his posts included rereading most of D0 and almost all of D1.

I thought I'd end up reading him town because my recollection of his posts didn't have anything stick out and because I only thought he could be a wolf as AA's partner. After FG flipped, I basically tunneled on AA and thought my ISO on DBP and you would be both town, but rereading the game changed that.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-17-2016, 07:59 PM   #1233
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

like, here's the biggest thing about dbp that bothers me

he didn't vote at EOD

which is why I was scared of a kitb from fg

Old 12-17-2016, 08:03 PM   #1234
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

a big post about me, I'll address it when I'm done with this event

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 12-17-2016, 08:03 PM   #1235
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by AragakiAyase View Post
like, here's the biggest thing about dbp that bothers me

he didn't vote at EOD

which is why I was scared of a kitb from fg
yeah because Charu hadn't posted the reads list I asked him for

YoshL was the one who accidentally insta'd

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 12-17-2016, 08:03 PM   #1236
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

because I really thought Charu was gonna die

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 12-17-2016, 08:04 PM   #1237
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
I'm going to parrot this

you seem to have supplied a higher level of scrutiny to all other players in the game except for her

and for somebody who claims to have ISO'd her in the final hour of the phase, you have nothing besides a toneread to defend her from a lynch
I hadn't ISO'd her, had barely clicked a couple of posts before AA tried grilling me on everyone. We were 20 minutes to EoD and I figured my time was better spent responding to AA finishing an ISO that could take awhile.
I'm pretty sure I said that, and I never claimed to have done the ISO.
Also, on the toneread thing, tonereads are a huge part of how I play the game. I toneread YoshL town both D0 and D1, I toneread DFR scum, and tone is what made me question Gradiant's alignment D0.

Wouldn't you know I hadn't ISO'd her if you've actually read my posts?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-17-2016, 08:14 PM   #1238
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

iirc you said "I'm going to ISO her" and then "I haven't ISO'd her yet..."

indicating that you at least STARTED ISOing her

and all you had to say for that was "she feels genuine"

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 12-17-2016, 08:14 PM   #1239
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

sorry, the second one is "I haven't finished ISOing her yet"

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 12-17-2016, 08:23 PM   #1240
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
iirc you said "I'm going to ISO her" and then "I haven't ISO'd her yet..."

indicating that you at least STARTED ISOing her

and all you had to say for that was "she feels genuine"
Yes. I started ISOing her, got interrupted, saw a question about her, recalled a couple of her posts begging not to be lynched, thought that her tone seemed genuinely town even though begging itself is bullshit, and hurried to finish responding because there was no time. As it is, I finished the response at T-8mins (iirc), and voted my top scum.

You gonna address your D1 soft defense of her, suggesting not lynching either her or AA, and bringing me up out of nowhere after I was being scumread?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread