10) Vash (pyro31191)
11) Sertman (Alextp1651)
12) Ivaluebet (Ivaluebet)
13) Tokzic (InfernoBlueFlame)
14) Talisman (stressreliefball)
15) Wilkin (Wilkini Evili)
16) Kilga (bjstrattonIM)
-Bowser

Last edited by StoicRoivaS; 10-22-2006 at 08:06 PM..
Old 10-9-2006, 11:27 AM   #2
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to StoicRoivaS
Default Re: TWG XXXVII

You awake in the middle of what you thought would be another normal night, and following day, for the town, but you couldn’t have been further off. There’s a faint commotion coming from outside, and it’s growing louder. You step outside to see what’s going on:

“… and I don’t know how they managed to break in, but that’s far from the point here. The point is, we have thieves on the loose, and I have the sinking suspicion that their reputation won’t stop at “thieves” …”

The man speaking is the town scientist, Dr. Statzer. You recognize him from the one or two times you’ve actually seen him outside of his lab. He is giving a speech to the majority of town, bunched together in the tiny town square under the pale glow of the crescent moon’s light.

“Since it is highly likely that the thieves are among us now, I won’t divulge too many details, but I do have a plan. I will contact a few of you secretly to help me stop this situation before it gets out of control. Now, listen closely because I’ll only say this once: To be fair, I think you should all know exactly what was stolen and what we’re up against. The machine stolen from my lab was none other than my original prototype Personal Asynchronous Chronological Manipulator and Navigator. Pacman for short. For those of you not so fluent in acronymian, we’ll call it a time machine. I won’t be answering any further questions at the moment, we all need to keep a very close eye on who we talk to and trust here. Your closest friend could be your worst enemy. That is all for now. Oh, and to those of you who feel like you’ve heard all of this before, you probably have.” Dr. Statzer gives what could be seen as the faintest hint of a grin in the middle of what is probably the worst day of his life.

After Dr. Statzer walks down from the podium and back towards his lab, you look around suspiciously and cautiously as does the rest of the town; wanting to mingle together in comfort, but deep inside you know that no one is to be trusted, especially with a “time machine” in the hands of evil.

After the buzz of the crowd wears back down to near silence, you head back to your home, eager to get back to sleep and see what developments await the following day.

It is now Night 1. I need PMs from all appropriate people. Unless stated otherwise, “day” will last 48 hours and “night” will last 24. Either of these two guidelines are easily extendable if you feel you need it. If I receive less than half of the information I need over any given “night” the deadline will be automatically extended until I receive at least half. Likewise, if you would like to end a “day” early, you may all state so in the thread, and I will end day earlier than is scheduled if it is agreed upon by at least 3/4s of living players. Night will end as soon as all information is relayed to me, or on the predetermined deadline, whichever comes first. As I hinted at before, I'll need 2-3 votes for each days lynch, per person (I'll let you pick if you want to submit 2 or 3, but it's to your advantage to use all 3). If we would like to make all votes public infomation, put them all in your post like normal and number them, or if everyone thinks it would be better to PM all votes after the first, we can do that as well. Let me know what you all think.

As previously stated, the most current timeline will always remain here, at the very start of the thread, and all subsequent timelines will be left in the normal ascending-post-count fashion after a night's events are wrapped up.

The original description of the game idea can be seen here:

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=51003

For any further questions, don’t hesitate to PM me here or send me a message over AIM @ StoicRoivaS

Edit: Night 1 is being extended since I've yet to get many of the PMs needed. I'll try and make "night" around 24 hours instead of 12 like I previously estimated. 12 might be a bit too short to get everything sorted out, especially night 1. The Night 1 deadline is now 12pm (noon) EST, tomorrow, Tuesday. You have an hour and a half by my clock. I still need PMs from a couple people.
-Bowser

Last edited by StoicRoivaS; 10-10-2006 at 09:18 AM..
Old 10-10-2006, 11:10 AM   #3
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to StoicRoivaS

After what feels like the longest night of your life, you awake to yet another faint commotion outside your house. You peer through the window to see the same distraught mob gathered in the town square. Only this time, no one is speaking at all.

You approach the mob to see what they are all gathered around. At first glance you see two bodies, one lying next to the other as if they were politely carried into the town square, out of respect for the dead. Upon further inspection you see that one of the bodies is that of Dr. Statzer. You recognize his cold yet friendly gaze from yesterday. Or was it yesterday? You think back on the events of last night and you remember waking up in the middle of the night for something, but what? You feel the faint memory of Dr. Statzer speaking to a large crown of townspeople, but your prominent memories tell you that Dr. Statzer was killed before he ever made the speech. As you look around you get the feeling that everyone is experiencing the same confusion, battling with their own memories.

After some internal struggle over the matters at hand, you realize that you do not yet know the identity of the second body. You make your way to the head of the mob to see Talisman’s cold corpse laying there. He was always a nice neighbor, listening to even the newest members of the town. You can’t help but feel a little more connected to him than you ever were before.

It is now Day 1 and Talisman was found dead.

Remember, it is to your benefit that when you vote for today’s lynch, you vote for more than one person, numbering your votes accordingly. You may publicly state your votes past the first on the thread, or if you wish for them to remain secret, you may, instead, PM them to me and I’ll keep track of them. Since I’m sure many of you will forget or simply opt not to, I’m not requiring multiple votes in any way, it will simply be your loss when your vote is nullified due to a change in the timeline. Any persons having a vote nullified in said way will not incur a phantom, but any player who does not vote for at least one person will still incur a phantom, as per normal rules.

Edit: Day 1 will end at 9:00pm, on Thursday. If needed, I will extend this deadline. Likewise, if at least 3/4s of the living players would like to end the day early (similar to an insta-lynch) this is possible providing everyone has voted, to avoid mass phantoms.

Let me know if there are any questions, otherwise, good luck and game-on.
-Bowser

Last edited by StoicRoivaS; 10-10-2006 at 02:36 PM..
Old 10-10-2006, 11:57 AM   #4
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

typical, really.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:21 PM   #5
sertman
DADALADAH
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to sertman Send a message via MSN to sertman

Talisman, remember that you're still an active member of the game should you be revived. So keep paying attention... just don't post

My thoughts so far...

This game is going to be quite confusing. For instance, we don't know the number of wolves, or what roles there are. We don't know if theres a seer, a vigilante, or a guardian. Not only that we've got the whole rewriting history thing going on here. This is going to be a giant cluster**** and we're going on NO information whatsoever.

Old 10-10-2006, 02:21 PM   #6
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sertman View Post
Talisman, remember that you're still an active member of the game should you be revived. So keep paying attention... just don't post
I can't say that's completely impossible without knowing the roles, but it's still incredibly unlikely. There's no events preceeding his death that can be messed around with using time travel to fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sertman
This game is going to be quite confusing. For instance, we don't know the number of wolves, or what roles there are. We don't know if theres a seer, a vigilante, or a guardian. Not only that we've got the whole rewriting history thing going on here. This is going to be a giant cluster**** and we're going on NO information whatsoever.
We know that there's wolves, and we know that one can time travel. Besides that, durr. It's mystery roles. Everyone knew this coming before entering the game.

What I think we should be looking at is whether or not to bring roles public or not. On the one hand, it makes the wolves targets easy to pick out, but on the other, what if there are roles that no-risk to go public and are actually more useful to be put in the open? And on the other hand again, what if wolves make up fake roles just for easy protection?

What looks best is for blues to keep themselves secret. Revealing roles will help at first, but it's too much knowledge for the wolves to manipulate (especially with the whole time travel and save a wolf and kill off two humans scenario).

As far as the first kill goes, I'm going to check out how involved Talisman has been in TWG. I've only read through one game with him in it. Kilga seems to me like the smartest Night 1 kill just from what I've read of his playing ability, which is basically my Day 1 suspicion until I start talking to people on AIM. Kilga until I think up something better - I'm not taking any risks with phantoms this game.

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what
Old 10-10-2006, 02:22 PM   #7
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic

Oh, and my AIM is InfernoBlueFlame.

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what
Old 10-10-2006, 02:36 PM   #8
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

wow

tokzic

you're so bad at being a wolf rofl

Quote:
What looks best is for blues to keep themselves secret. Revealing roles will help at first, but it's too much knowledge for the wolves to manipulate (especially with the whole time travel and save a wolf and kill off two humans scenario).
typical "lets protect the humans ps it really helps the wolves more" comment
Old 10-10-2006, 04:01 PM   #9
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

ps i changed my mind

tokzic was just being dumb
Old 10-10-2006, 04:39 PM   #10
CypherToorima
Boss of all bosses
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CypherToorima

Hey Tass isn't dead yet let's vote him.

Anyways, it'll be hard for any special role to come out, since we don't even know which one's exist but this has already been stated and I'm just trying to post something because I can because I'll actually be active during this game.

From what's been said in the thread, my initial suspicions are as follows:
Sertman.
It's the whole "Stating the outline of the game to post" type thing. It just seems kinda wolfy to me.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:43 PM   #11
FoJaR
The Worst

Send a message via AIM to FoJaR Send a message via MSN to FoJaR

well first of all, if there is a guardian, they can go back and guard talisman last night, which will make him alive again.

secondly, with this being the case, the wolves may try to wolf one of their own, hoping they get resurected.

so, if there IS a guardian (i'm assuming they'll be able to time travel, this being a time travel game), i reccomend that you dont arbitrarily "ressurect" (retroactively guard) someone who has been wolfed. play it by ear, use your gut, and if you think that they're wolfy at all, use the guard on someone else.

that's all i have for now.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:51 PM   #12
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iggymatrixcounter

This game is going to be crazy because I know nothing.

EXCEPT that I'm a blue. My power is that I have the power to stop someone from tim traveling each night. It's a pretty gay power if I do say so myself because I can either hurt or help us by using it. Plus I have no idea if it will be of any huge use against the wolves since if we ever knew a wolf we would just lynch them over stopping them from traveling through time.

So I realize that there's a possibility of more people coming out as a blue or whatever. I really don't care if that does happen, it gives wolves more information about blue roles. The only reason I chose to do it was because my role is so insignificant that I doubt it's much of a threat to wolves. But hey if there's a guardian than so be it maybe an alliance could be set up.

I, being the liberal twg player that I am, would like to see some blues come to me and see what the humans have as assets. But I know that may not get the cooperation of a lot of conservative players. But like I said, at least there's a direction to take right now. And even if it's not used and the wolves go after me (sup guardian?) then it's not like you're losing someone like a seer or something like that.

If you guys have a better plan I'm all for it, but you know me, I've always got a crazy plan I'm pushing. XD.

Only thing I would suggest is that if you are like a seer or a time traveler or some other really powerful role, I wouldn't suggest coming out publically as you don't know if there's a guardian or not. At least with me coming out as the "time stopper?" I won't be missed and I won't accidentally hurt the humans.

Let the discussion begin!
Old 10-10-2006, 04:55 PM   #13
Shashakiro
TWO THOUZAND COMBO
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Shashakiro

No one come out to Iggy yet, he might be a wolf trying to learn who all the blues are...that role seems like one that could easily be made-up, or even a wolf role. Not accusing you, Iggy, just saying that you can't really be trusted yet.

Unless you have a seer role, then go for it after you seer him (assuming he comes back human).

Actually, there might be a MW this game, so maybe not...ugh, it's so damn confusing without knowing what the roles are ><

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogiebear
use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:01 PM   #14
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iggymatrixcounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
secondly, with this being the case, the wolves may try to wolf one of their own, hoping they get resurected.
I very much doubt that because even if that senario happened, all the wolves gain is what they had to begin with. Even if talisman was wolfed as a wolf then bringing him back to life doesn't really affect how we view him.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:04 PM   #15
FoJaR
The Worst

Send a message via AIM to FoJaR Send a message via MSN to FoJaR

well, if you think about it, the wolves really have nothing to lose.

either way the person will likely be brought back to life.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:56 PM   #16
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

rofl

I would say it's best for no one to be resurrected unless it's obvious that they were human before.

This includes Talisman last night. Don't ressurect him, because if he was a wolf, that would be exactly what I'd expect him to do. Yeah, I know, it'd have happened the same way if he was human too, but who cares.

Honestly, I'd say guard powers are better used protecting an alliance head than bringing back random people.

EDIT: by "alliance head" I mean that I want to see a seer come out. Unless it gets to be end of day, then any seer coming out is probably wolf faking it.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:59 PM   #17
sertman
DADALADAH
FFR Simfile Author

However, we don't know if theres a guardian or not...

Old 10-10-2006, 06:02 PM   #18
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

There's definitely a guardian.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:04 PM   #19
sertman
DADALADAH
FFR Simfile Author

How would you know this?

Old 10-10-2006, 06:17 PM   #20
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

Because he's the goddamn Batman.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Closed Thread