Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Films and Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-29-2008, 10:45 AM   #301
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr
Default Re: What's your favorite anime?

Death Note, DragonBall Z, and occasionally Bleach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-4-2008, 05:48 PM   #302
Blademaster101
FFR Player

Cool Re: What's your favorite anime?

In this order-

Bleach

FMA

Death Note

Naruto

and thats it pretty much
Blademaster101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:31 PM   #303
Evan_28
FFR Player

Absolutely Bleach and Death Note
Evan_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 05:27 PM   #304
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Location: My own world. Miserable. Disgusting. Appalling. Pessimistic. Horrific. Terrible.
Send a message via AIM to Xx{Midday}xX Send a message via MSN to Xx{Midday}xX

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitznpv View Post
not really

I'm currently watching Air and it's pretty amazing.
It's ok to not cry from that. It's somewhat understandable... somewhat. Now go watch Air in Summer (although I like the Ancestor part of the story from the main anime series better)

Ugh. Shonen Jump (Dragonballs, Bleaches, Death Notes, Narutos, etc. etc.) dominates America. Sheesh. Go watch some other company anime for a change. Not saying that Death Note is bad (very good on the contrary), but if you like anime, you should be aware that there's more than Jump offers. Unfortunately, I gave up on Bleach. Everything up to the Arrancar fillers was good. Then it went boom. I don't need terrible story/anime quality. Also, the manga is going too far with powers, as is Naruto. Naruto is still plausible because its currently the climax of one of the biggest conflicts in Part II.

Yes to FLCL (manga>anime), much better than Neon Genesis Evangelion was (both by the same peoples).

Fullmetal Alchemist is one of the best anime I have ever seen, so it's ok if its repeated over and over again. (Got 100% when I used it for an independent reading assignment, cause I wrote like 30 pages on it. Teacher doesn't know its a manga, cause I left it in the Japanese title. XD)

Go watch like... Chobits (CLAMP), or Kanon2006 (VisualKey), or Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (Kyoto Key Animation), or Shakugan no Shana (Kyoto Animations) (1st season is somewhat better), or like Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni (own company).

ischooltennyson: Yu Yu Hakusho... and as omgitznpv says, not really. One of those classic (just precendential and not good like dragonball is) animes that modern otakus don't come to appreciate.

kamunt: http://www.hack.channel.or.jp/trilogy/ Japanese, unfortunately. the DVD and the blue ray disc is already for sale. Good stuff, but not so necessary if you played the game. You can enjoy some quality cg anime. (Nothing beats Final Fantasy Advent Children in cg anime though...)

Recent anime that I've watched:
Da Capo (4/5 love comedy) planning to watch Second Season and II soon enough. Don't ask why the third (if it can be considered a separate season) season is called Da Capo II.

ef - a tale of memories (5/5 surreal romance) I'm looking forward to getting the cggame, ef - a fairy tale of the two.

Shigofumi (5/5, lightnovel rules and last book released today) Great short story conglomeration. It represents death in the complete opposite way that Death Note does.

Waiting on CLANNAD, Shakugan no Shana II (lightnovel as well), Deltora Quest (read the books...), 11eyes (cggame, Tatsh made the OP )

planning to watch: Bokurano, Spiral, Lovely Complex.

reading: Mahou Sensei Negima. The manga has STILL not dropped picture quality (scenery is awesome). Awesome story, and unlike most JUMP manga, Shonen Magazine actually puts a limiter on power so it's not endless. Fyi, Negima Neo is different from Mahou Sensei Negima.

Happy Konataism! XD

-Real
later edited by Other and Miku

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)

Last edited by Xx{Midday}xX; 03-12-2008 at 05:39 PM..
Xx{Midday}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:21 PM   #305
OldSchoolMusic
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

School Rumble for sure. But, it's closely followed by Full Metal Panic! and Ah! My Goddess. =D

Jescze Polska Nie Zginela...Poki My Zyjemy!

We will fly through the Heavens, with the power of the Universe we stand strong together!

OldSchoolMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:22 AM   #306
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

Pissed now though, I missed Death Note last week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:39 PM   #307
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Location: My own world. Miserable. Disgusting. Appalling. Pessimistic. Horrific. Terrible.

Old School Music: Did you actually play the cggame that your current signature image comes from? O_o

Frantically weird game... I think it was called Imitation. A stepfile for the OP is in the Cherry Step Simfile Pack from www.otakusdream.com but I never played the game...

I will watch Full Metal Panic, Second Raid, and Fumoffu asap. As a Kagami Hiiragi fan, it hurts to not know her favorite lightnovel. X_X

rzr: buy the DVD box sets. It makes up for all the people who pirate stuff online... and you don't have to wait every week.

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)

Last edited by Xx{Midday}xX; 03-15-2008 at 01:54 PM..
Old 03-14-2008, 03:00 PM   #308
sjoecool1991
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Someone give me good Sci-Fi anime.
I don't really like fantasy anything, books as well.
sjoecool1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 03:42 PM   #309
ninjaKIWI
plain old ugly ass dumbas
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ninjaKIWI

Quote:
bleach, naruto, death note, Dragon Ball x1000000
This is why I hate America.
"Hey Foil. What's that you got there?" inquired Keywii.
"Oh, just my cock." Replied Foil.
"That just will not do." was keywii's response as she lunged for the scissors, pulled the blades apart, and clamped them down on the base of foil's shaft. Blood start gushing out of the wound where his penis used to be.
"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Yelled Foil in horror.
"Don't worry. I'm a wizard" uttered Keywii. And with that, Foil's penis grew back.
ninjaKIWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 04:07 PM   #310
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaKIWI
Agreed.

Hmm... Personally my current top 10 list looks something like:

1. Gundam SEED (Destiny)
2. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (Kai)
3. School Days TV
4. FLCL
5. Lucky Star
6. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu
7. Kanon'06
8. Da Capo (Second Season)
9. Elfen Lied
10. Ichigo 100%
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 04:26 PM   #311
SithCait22
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to SithCait22

I really only like 4 animes
Gantz
Gatekeepers
Gatekeepers 21
Chobits.
SithCait22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 01:52 PM   #312
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjoecool1991 View Post
Someone give me good Sci-Fi anime.
I don't really like fantasy anything, books as well.
I always thought of sci-fi as equivalent to fantasy in many sense of the depiction... BUT

In the bright sense of the genre, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu is a sci-fi anime.

In the dark sense of the genre, Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni is a sci-fi anime, and so is Elfen Lied..

I don't really watch direct science fiction animes because I don't know too many. I don't know too many mecha animes (if you consider those scifi) either (never watched Gundam, though I heard Wings was exceptionally good). The ones I mentioned above have aspects of science fiction but aren't too close to things you see on American science fiction channels... You can try watching them anyways. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaKIWI View Post
not to the point of hate... I find as many Americans who know only what you noted, as there are Americans that know more anime than I do. So, America hasn't lost all hopes of Konata-ism... XD

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)

Last edited by Xx{Midday}xX; 03-15-2008 at 01:56 PM..
Old 03-15-2008, 01:54 PM   #313
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

I don't know why I'm reading this topic but Gundam Wing is horrendous garbage and should never be watched by anyone, ever.

This goes for most Gundam shows, really. They've been done to death a million times already. Go watch Code Geass instead.

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Moogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 01:54 PM   #314
NFD
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to NFD

Paranoia Agent
FLCL
Loveless
and uh........Fullmetal Alchemist I guess, it's not the actual story, I thought it was. Turns out, it's still going in Giappone. :U

EDIT: Psalms of Planet EurekaseveN goes under FLCL, :3
Old 03-15-2008, 01:58 PM   #315
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
I don't know why I'm reading this topic but Gundam Wing is horrendous garbage and should never be watched by anyone, ever.

This goes for most Gundam shows, really. They've been done to death a million times already. Go watch Code Geass instead.
Ahaha, third negative opinion about Wing... and I talk to a lot of people... But, I do agree that Gundam as a whole isn't too interesting...

I will watch Code Geass. But now that I won't get my laptop for a while, it's not happening immediately.

Lol, Hinamizawa.

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)
Old 03-15-2008, 02:17 PM   #316
sjoecool1991
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post

Well, I am watching Eureka Seven right now, 20 episodes in.
I actually like it, which is extremely surprising because I am incredibly picky.

I don't want to watch Gundam anyway.
And I will try out Code Geass.

Also, what about Air?
What is that about?
sjoecool1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 02:37 PM   #317
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjoecool1991 View Post
Well, I am watching Eureka Seven right now, 20 episodes in.
I actually like it, which is extremely surprising because I am incredibly picky.

I don't want to watch Gundam anyway.
And I will try out Code Geass.

Also, what about Air?
What is that about?
Eureka7: Watch out for a cheesy ending (rainbows and hearts and sparkles...)! Otherwise, its good. 50 episodes. Probably the third anime I watched after September 2007 (when I seriously got into Konata-ism)

Air. Is not science fiction. More like a very emotionally moving tragedy with subtle peaceful comedy.
Air is an anime that fits in the drama genre (I don't know why its not a drama yet...maybe Key has something against it). It is a story about the encounter between a traveling puppeteer and an isolated girl with a mysterious sickness, in a town that has a history that no one knew about. The main theme is a tragic love story between these two characters, but this theme doesn't appear until towards the end of the anime, and is preset by three short stories (with sub-characters) that correlate with the character's past. It's a short 14(?) episode anime that can be divided into two introductory phases, a revelation phase, and a concluding phase. Some people tend to stop before the first introductory phase ends because of the deficit of any motion in the storyline. The best way to watch this anime is to watch it all at once (It is relatively short.). The emotional movement is found in the end of each phase, but the biggest one is found in the last episode (duh... climax). This anime does have subtle supernatural phenomenon in the form of traditional Japanese symbolism, but the anime as a whole has a very peaceful vastness. It doesn't have any physical action. I recommend this to those that like emotional drama above physical combat.

This is just my interpretation... don't be bound to it.

Visual Key has also made Kanon2006 and CLANNAD (ongoing anime). They are basically the same genres as Air. So if you like one, you're bound to like the others. Their origins were all h-games, but the anime itself has no hentai in it. Key has also helped make Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu with Kyoto Animations.

Btw, Torinouta Noise Rave Remix is a noise rave remix of the opening theme song. The song itself is so much better in its original form.

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)

Last edited by Xx{Midday}xX; 03-16-2008 at 04:35 PM..
Old 03-16-2008, 04:08 AM   #318
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

Eureka seveN is one of my favorite shows. An excellent series in all regards.

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Moogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 03:03 PM   #319
*Vert Citron Bonbon*
FFR Player

Azumanga Daioh.
I found out about it from Encyclopedia Dramatica, and since I've always wanted a plain high-school anime, it was the answer to my prayers.

Recently A'd: Rollercoaster Ride
*Vert Citron Bonbon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:19 AM   #320
otaku_ism
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midday}xX View Post
Eureka7: Watch out for a cheesy ending (rainbows and hearts and sparkles...)! Otherwise, its good. 50 episodes. Probably the third anime I watched after September 2007 (when I seriously got into Konata-ism)

Air. Is not science fiction. More like a very emotionally moving tragedy with subtle peaceful comedy.
Air is an anime that fits in the drama genre (I don't know why its not a drama yet...maybe Key has something against it). It is a story about the encounter between a traveling puppeteer and an isolated girl with a mysterious sickness, in a town that has a history that no one knew about. The main theme is a tragic love story between these two characters, but this theme doesn't appear until towards the end of the anime, and is preset by three short stories (with sub-characters) that correlate with the character's past. It's a short 14(?) episode anime that can be divided into two introductory phases, a revelation phase, and a concluding phase. Some people tend to stop before the first introductory phase ends because of the deficit of any motion in the storyline. The best way to watch this anime is to watch it all at once (It is relatively short.). The emotional movement is found in the end of each phase, but the biggest one is found in the last episode (duh... climax). This anime does have subtle supernatural phenomenon in the form of traditional Japanese symbolism, but the anime as a whole has a very peaceful vastness. It doesn't have any physical action. I recommend this to those that like emotional drama above physical combat.

This is just my interpretation... don't be bound to it.

Visual Key has also made Kanon2006 and CLANNAD (ongoing anime). They are basically the same genres as Air. So if you like one, you're bound to like the others. Their origins were all h-games, but the anime itself has no hentai in it. Key has also helped make Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu with Kyoto Animations.

Btw, Torinouta Noise Rave Remix is a noise rave remix of the opening theme song. The song itself is so much better in its original form.
Yeah, h-game transformed in anime are sometimes really cool, or like CLANNAD or Kanon more sad and stuff except maybe Shuffle! (not really serious anime) but my fave anime are Haruhi, Lucky Star, the basic shonen (Death Note, naruto, bleach,kenshin) and some Seinen (higurashi, Jigoku Shoujo, Monster!) and that's all, i have a lot of favorite but seriously im a konataist ; haruhiist

We all love DJ SHARPNEL !!!!!
otaku_ism is offline   Reply With Quote