Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Films and Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do You Like Anime?
Yes. 160 81.63%
No.(Please post your favorate show and specific reasons as to why you like it so much) 36 18.37%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-28-2007, 11:47 AM   #81
Ozie-Saf
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Do You Like Anime?

Yes, I like animes. Why? Dunno. Anyway here's a list of some of my favourite animes.

Wolf's Rain - quick summary: 4 wolves are looking for "Rakuen" (told ya it was going to be a quick summary). The animation is good, the soundtrack is beautiful, the character design is really good, and even though the characters may be a little unrealistic at times, it's ok since they aren't human. In case you read my post and are interested in watching this anime (don't worry, this anime actually breaks away from the set of genres that anime series often fall into), just make sure you're not depressed or you may commit suicide right after watching it

Monster: very long series (74 episodes!!). Quick summary: A doctor is under suspicion for murder and flees the authorities to find the villain and clear his name. Even though the story may sound like s***, this anime is a must-watch: masterful storytelling, very good artwork, realistic characters and I could go on and tell you all day long that almost everything in this anime is amazing (omfg best ending sequence I've ever seen *drool*!!). I really think that watching this series would help you change your mind on animes .

Samurai Champloo - story: a young girl and her 2 samurai bodyguards set on a journey to locate the samurai with a scent of a sunflower. What I like in this anime: 1-the main characters deal with plenty of sex, alcohol, and violent/bloody fights, 2-story taking place in Japan (Edo period)+ modern-day music(mostly hip-hop)=OMG this is awesome!! 3- The graphics, chara-design, soundtrack are excellent! Do NOT watch it unless you're at least 15 or 16 years old lol.

I hope you'll watch at least one of these
Ozie-Saf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 02:56 PM   #82
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Location: My own world. Miserable. Disgusting. Appalling. Pessimistic. Horrific. Terrible.
Send a message via AIM to Xx{Midday}xX Send a message via MSN to Xx{Midday}xX

i dont have the time to watch what i want but ive watched School Days, and i liked it. i also like reading manga and drawing anime (quite good at it too). some animes i want to watch but dont have the time to do so: Lucky Star, Fate Stay Night, Shakugan no Shana, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, DN Angel, Air, Kanon2006, Nursery Rhyme, Tsukuyomi, Shingetsutan Tsukihime, Fullmetal Alchemist, Eureka 7, Kimiga Nozomu Eien, CLANNAD, Avenger, .hack//SIGN, .hack//ROOTS, Erementar Gelado, Fullmetal Panic, Fullmetal Panic Second Raid, Fullmetal Panic Fumoffu, Higurashino Nakukoroni, Higurashino Nakukoroni Kai, Kamichama Karin, Nagasarete Airantou, so many more its sort of imposterous to list...

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)
Xx{Midday}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 04:15 PM   #83
Mapleleaf2102
FFR Player

Seriously, they need to air more types of anime. Among the boring are: DBZ, One Piece, Inuyasga used to be good, and Pokemon. I wish there would be more realistic anime like Cowboy Bebop or more fighting type animes like Naruto or Bleach
Best AAA: Horizon (X2.0 Mod)
Best FC: Exciting Hyper Highspeed Star v2 (not sure if that's what it's called?)
Favorite Song: Gaussain Blur
Hardest Song Passed: Caprice

One of the Best simfiles ever:
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/....php?songid=99
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...php?songid=342
Mapleleaf2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 04:43 PM   #84
ttengo
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ttengo Send a message via MSN to ttengo

anime is cool...like naruto...tat is kool cuz they do all these specia kool techniques and it's awesome. but i hate it how it is aired in america. hate how the voices are.
ttengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 05:06 PM   #85
Flyleef
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Flyleef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightknight924 View Post
I for one, do not like anime. Here's my views on it.
Anime is much like the hip hop trend, but on the internet. It seems like everyone on the internet likes anime because it's what's cool on the internet. Not only this, but the action and style of anime bothers me. The people are often too cheery, unrealistic, and tend to act in a way that no one would ever act in real Life. All animes share these types of charateristics, and I suppose that's what makes them anime. I don't understand what everyone likes about anime, in my opinion, it sucks.
Now for the reason of this thread. If you like anime, please post your favorate show and specific reasons as to why it's good. Doing so will enlighten people of good anime shows, and it will put into context the concept of anime, possibly making me understand why it's so good a little more.

Edit* I just pulled a stupid move and put the parentheses next to the No option. The parentheses in the poll are supposed to be next to the "Yes." option.

~Lightknight
You haven't seen any good anime like Death Note, Rurouni Kenshin, Ghost in The Shell, Trigun, and Blood +. Any other anime besides the one I listed is unrealistic.
Flyleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 06:27 PM   #86
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapleleaf2102 View Post
Seriously, they need to air more types of anime. Among the boring are: DBZ, One Piece, Inuyasga used to be good, and Pokemon. I wish there would be more realistic anime like Cowboy Bebop or more fighting type animes like Naruto or Bleach
Don't watch the dubbed ones then. Go watch the subs, there are tons of anime like Cowboy Bebop and One Piece is actually good in Japanese.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-1-2007, 11:18 PM   #87
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Location: My own world. Miserable. Disgusting. Appalling. Pessimistic. Horrific. Terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapleleaf2102 View Post
idk how much animes u watch, but teen love is a genre i dont see up there. nor comedy or mystery or scifi or horror. try watching Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (horror), Lucky Star (comedy, even funnier if u kno enuf anime/manga/game) , or Shakugan no Shana (half teen love/half battle), or Da Capo (teen love), or School Days (horrorful teen love), Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (Scifi), Azumanga Daioh (comedy), Kanon2006 (unrealistic drama), Air (unrealistic drama) and c if u like those kinds of anime..., the ones i see up there are mostly popular magazine related like JUMP or Gangan... D Gray Man is another JUMP, same as Naruto and Bleach...

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)
Old 10-9-2007, 03:52 PM   #88
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

Jiraiya Dies.
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-9-2007, 07:52 PM   #89
LightofGod
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyleef View Post
You haven't seen any good anime like Death Note, Rurouni Kenshin, Ghost in The Shell, Trigun, and Blood +. Any other anime besides the one I listed is unrealistic.
How is Death Note realistic?

It features human behavior, judging from one's point of view of justice, but features freaking Flying Gods of Death, a killing notebook, children as the best detectives in the world, and last but not least, a group of at least 5 people that know about said killing notebook but are somehow able to keep it a secret .

Quick Edit:

The most "realistic" anime I can think of right now is Black Lagoon.
LightofGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-9-2007, 08:43 PM   #90
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

i like anime because it IS unrealistic. the unrealism depicted in anime grabs the attention of any fantasy/scifi lovers OR the unrealistic aspects that COULD be happening in our reality makes me love anime even more. if u were to make an anime that completely modeled our world, it would be worthless and not interesting, because we see it everyday. anime and other forms of media that create an imaginary world provide us with momentary relief from our daily lives.

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)
Old 10-10-2007, 03:59 AM   #91
SaSSyBiiTcH
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

No, no, noper, & no.

SaSSyBiiTcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-3-2008, 08:12 PM   #92
Timer Rabbit
FFR Player

I like anime. However, thanks to a certain music-game obsesion (to be exact, Pop'n Music.), I have not watch alot of them. To boot I don't like watching them online or on the computer. D:

There are some anime I like... And some I hate. (Mostly hate anything that is overpopular and don't get it why it was "popular". (I'm refering to animes like Naruto.))

Here is my current obsesion...

D. Gray-Man (anime) : I think this is the first anime that I actualy like both heores AND villians. I can't explain why... But they do grab my charm with unique weapons. (Mainly Allen's arm. ^^; ) Same goes for teh Noah (villians). Sad part: I'm behind the manga/graphic novel, but ahead (and spoiling) at the anime.

Rozen Maiden = Because Hina-Ichigo convinces me. :V More like becaue DESU (Suiseiseki) is everywhere. (Urgh. XD) And also because I like lolita/gothic lolita stuff.

Theres more, but they are old days. (Burst Angel, .hack series, and such.)
Old 08-3-2008, 08:26 PM   #93
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

Impressive bump. And Naruto sucks. Sucks. S. U. C. K. S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-3-2008, 09:04 PM   #94
NFD
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to NFD

I watch a few like Psalms of Planet Eureka seveN (Proper title, Midday), Paranoia Agent, Speed Grapher, and Code Geass.
Old 08-3-2008, 09:18 PM   #95
-Yukari-
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Haha, this is quite a bump, but this topic has probably been created so many times that we don't need another one.

Personally, I hate 99% of all anime. As a form of art, it's great. Colorful, beautiful, etc. But the shows are so duuuuuuuuumb. There are about 2 or 3 I like, and I've seen a handful of them; well over 25. And don't bother to tell me "well thats nothing theres like 547 anime and ive watched 481 of them so u just need to give it a chance." I know there's plenty of anime. They're just not very good.

EDIT: "Not very good" includes Bleach, Death Note and NARUTO kthxbye
So anyways i was thinking, what if a single miss didn't stop your combo? Instead, your combo kept going until 2 consecutive misses were made. I think this would provide a more realistic ranking system, and eliminate a lot of mashing.
-Yukari- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-3-2008, 09:20 PM   #96
Zamiax
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Zamiax Send a message via MSN to Zamiax Send a message via Yahoo to Zamiax

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightofGod View Post
How is Death Note realistic?

It features human behavior, judging from one's point of view of justice, but features freaking Flying Gods of Death, a killing notebook, children as the best detectives in the world, and last but not least, a group of at least 5 people that know about said killing notebook but are somehow able to keep it a secret .

Quick Edit:

The most "realistic" anime I can think of right now is Black Lagoon.
Perhaps its trying to send a message to its viewers..... idk lol
If you want an FFR convention somewhere in the New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania area copy and paste this on your siggy to support so that this message can be heard and we will get a convention here

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=77229

Support the FFR help system
Click me!

Join Kongregate!

Join a new gaming community,

"God does not exist"
-- Karl Marx
"Karl Marx does not exist"
-- God
Zamiax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-3-2008, 09:41 PM   #97
tha Guardians
MCDC 2011
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to tha Guardians Send a message via MSN to tha Guardians Send a message via Yahoo to tha Guardians

Believe it or not, I'm still a huge fan of Dragonball Z.

Trigun and Cowboy Bebop are also amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic-fast-fingers View Post
can someone clarrify what QFT means my friend told me its quit ****ing talking, but im not 100 percent sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
I need a car that drives itself completely automated and I want it for free and it needs infinite gas mileage.

Cheers,

Synthlight
tha Guardians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-3-2008, 09:45 PM   #98
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

There are some good anime's and there are some bad ones. Same as any genre of shows/cartoons.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-3-2008, 10:08 PM   #99
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

2 bumps...

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=44429

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)

Last edited by Xx{Midday}xX; 08-3-2008 at 10:48 PM..
Old 08-3-2008, 10:42 PM   #100
tuv
FFR Player

I'm not too big on anime but I love the ones that make you think and reach a new perspective on life such as ghost in the shell.
tuv is offline   Reply With Quote