Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2014, 11:23 PM   #161
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Default Re: jTWG LXV: The Revenge of the Return of the Son of jTWG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun92 View Post
That's fine. Its a style of play that serves some people well. Also, I never called you an idiot and I never thought of you as one. I see it was taken as such but that is the internet for you. Sincerity can be often construed as sarcasm. How you post in other threads is irrelevant to me. I wanted reasons for the votes and I got them. I won't change my vote because I have faith in what I think and its clear that the group mind so far wants to get rid of the more inactive on the first day. That's fine too.
Unless you meant to say sarcasm can be construed as sincerity then nope, you called me an idiot.
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:25 PM   #162
Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavernio View Post
Unless you meant to say sarcasm can be construed as sincerity then nope, you called me an idiot.
Yup. You caught me. I could never fight that psychic power women seem to have. You guys just know me all too well, almost better than I know myself. I'm going to bed. Its been an enjoyable hour with you folks. See you in the am if I am still around.
Gun92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:29 PM   #163
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

omfg don't you dare fucking bring my fucking sex into this

'You know why people don't ask for blue roles on day 1, right?' was only brought up after I said I was she

I'm legit angry now
Old 07-27-2014, 11:29 PM   #164
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

'psychic women power'

wtf is wrong with you
Old 07-27-2014, 11:31 PM   #165
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Cav, for the record, I was defending you there... After looking at it, your vote isn't as noteworthy as Carrot's...
T-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:33 PM   #166
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Yes, you were defending me but had been ignoring what I was saying in that I was on the bandwagon to simply end the day early. It did put pressure on, I was trying to get a reaction, but, once again, it was secondary to just getting this day over with.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:34 PM   #167
T-Force
Your world ends with you

By noteworthy, I mean Carrot's is more suspicious than yours is (in my eyes).
Old 07-27-2014, 11:36 PM   #168
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavernio View Post
Yes, you were defending me but had been ignoring what I was saying in that I was on the bandwagon to simply end the day early.
I ignored that on purpose. That is a BS reason to want to end a day unless you're a wolf. Even day 1 can yield useful info if the time is taken and the day lasts for as long as it can and even more so for the later days.

//2c
Old 07-27-2014, 11:37 PM   #169
soramimi
Cat Army Coordinator
FFR Veteran

I'm ready for bed. See you guys in the morning.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:41 PM   #170
T-Force
Your world ends with you

PS. RNGRX, Prawn, Carrot, Lefty, I'd like to see some thoughts from you guys. I'm going to retreat for a bit and maybe pull a Gun and post my ponderings.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:45 PM   #171
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Dudette then, I apologize as gender is a difficult thing to discern on the internet. No one should have claimed any roles yet. No reason to. Do you know why?
That this post is sincere is the problem. It's insulting to have someone basically tell me 'here, let me help you helpless female, are you thinking at all?'
And then be like 'psychic women powers'. Why does my gender have ANYTHING to do with you acting like I'm a child and you're offering me help? Why not just 'psychic powers'?

I wasn't upset that people were calling me a he, I have a name that ends in 'o', it's a masculine name. I was merely informing people so they can use the correct pronoun. That is all.

I wasn't looking to use outdated, stereotypical gender roles so that I could play a helpless female for TWG's sake. Because if I wanted to act like a helpless person I could do that without having to say I'm one gender or another.

But yeah, great, thanks for solidifying that I keep a masculine name for a reason. Fucktard.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:49 PM   #172
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

I learned useful things like Gun92 is an ass, does that count?
Old 07-28-2014, 12:01 AM   #173
CarrotCake94
~Cuddable Wagon~
FFR Veteran

Quote:

CarrotCake - Your first post was a vote for LeftyRighty with no solid reasoning considering you yourself fell under the same category that you described. Obviously you aren't going to vote for yourself but to use the same reason that you are guilty of? I don't care for that much at all. What I said to and about Lefty can and should be applied to you as well.
My first post was not a vote for LeftyRighty, I was hoping to get the ball rolling to collect evidence. Apparently my day trip with my family to go biking worked against me so I couldn't read and/or reply. I stand by what I say in my own defence that lynching me would be unwise, but that's what everyone is trying to do... survive. (I think) o.O

My first vote was LeftyRighty, but that was mostly because he decided to point a finger at me after someone pointed a finger at him.

@Gun92

Thank you for sharing your findings. I enjoyed reading it and found it enlightening. I guess it's time I took this game a little more seriously.
My brain power felt like it was going to waste.

personal note... I should probably switch my forum layout... I'm missing posts @.@
I read the first post over a couple times and I still can't find the insta-limit. I'm assuming it's five, after a bit of reading but it's not mentioned in the rules. (unless I'm skimming over it without realizing)
Old 07-28-2014, 12:06 AM   #174
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Insta-limit is always over 50% of the current playerbase.
8-9 players = 5
6-7 = 4
4-5 = 3
3 = 2

Etc, etc.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:07 AM   #175
PrawnSkunk
Administrator
User Administrator
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Alright alright you've coaxed me out. But thoughts about what? All I hear is the sound of jimmies rustling in the gentle ocean breeze.
PrawnSkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:18 AM   #176
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Can you look over the posts and give thoughts on anyone/everyone? Take a look at Gun's post here for an example.

If you want, you can base it off of that, but at the same time, make your own opinions; use your own judgements.

Use the Force, Luke~
Old 07-28-2014, 12:26 AM   #177
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Yup. You caught me. I could never fight that psychic power women seem to have. You guys just know me all too well, almost better than I know myself. I'm going to bed. Its been an enjoyable hour with you folks. See you in the am if I am still around.
This has nothing to do with 'catching' you by the way. I was insulted by something you said. That's on me to be insulted. Whether or not you intended for me to be insulted is something different. That you specifically claim that you only meant to offer help is itself more distasteful than if you'd been being sarcastic. Because now with this above-quoted post, it quite strongly appears that you are treating me based on my gender. You only proposed to offer me help after I said I was a woman, and now you group together all women as being one thing, and I am part of that group.
Had I not said anything about my gender, I doubt that you would have asked me if I knew why people don't say roles on day 1. That you, apparently, innately act like you need you help women and that women are somehow less intelligent than you so you can help them with intellectual endeavors, is what I am angry about.
I also really don't appreciate being treated as a member of a group, in this case a gender group, as opposed to an individual.
Old 07-28-2014, 01:13 AM   #178
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan

ok so this game is not for the faint of heart. People get emotional; its just part of the game, I've punched a wall before (not hard but yeah) and this is kind of what jTWG is for; figuring out if this is your cup of tea. Even something not necessarily game-related might set someone off, and that's not good for the game. So what we're gonna do is we're all going to relax, recognize that this is a game, and try to have fun with that. As long as something doesn't turn into actual flaming/a personal attack, I'm not going to take any action.

Yeah, so basically what's going to happen is that the thread's going to be locked for 24 hours, people are going to take a chill-pill and we're going to resume after that hopefully without a train wreck. Please try to focus on the game, offenses are taken one way or another and I don't want to see what I've seen. What's important to consider are other people's emotions in this game; these are in fact people. Do try to understand how upset someone is, and the impact of what you say will have on another person. I'm not asking you all to be nice to one another; that's not how TWG works. Understand that there are some lines that aren't meant to be crossed, please.

Last edited by thesunfan; 07-28-2014 at 01:48 AM..
thesunfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 02:39 PM   #179
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Alright, I'm going to open this back up.

@Gun. I'm not going to go into any in game details here, but I understand why you were frustrated with Caverino initially. It does not give you the right to make post #162.

You are holding the position of a veteran player in this game, and I expect you to be able to post and debate without resorting to personal/gender attacks in this jTWG. You are playing this game, but you are also acting as a TWG representitive to the newer players. Personal attacks are rarely justified and always meant to infuriate the other person. Thats not what TWG is.

@ Cav, Without intervening in the game, I can't explain what I see from my perspective about the whole issue. I have a pm drafted up in my inbox explaining what I see from outside the game. When you die/ the game is over I'll send it to you.

@ Everyone else. Sorry for the hold up. TWG is an intense game, but personal attacks make people upset and are rarely justified. Please don't take this drama as normal. I'd recommend Sunfan add as many hours to the phase that were taken away from everyone and let the game continue from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

Last edited by DarkManticoreX2; 07-28-2014 at 02:52 PM..
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 02:57 PM   #180
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

Nicely worded manti. i think that was necessary.

i was just surprised when i got up there was a locked thread ;w;

moving back over to leftyrighty, if you're at all following the C9++ TWG game (it might be in your interest to see different strategies) Vendetta mentioned something. the exact quote is "people who don't respond to my questions have a history of getting lynched". just apply that in a more general sense. If you don't talk, you have a high chance of dying. If you do talk, you have a variable chance of dying, and more information can be gleaned.

talk about stuff. what do you think about that whole cavernio/gun exchange? how about nearly dying last night to an instalynch? and again, why shouldn't we lynch you at this point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote