Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 02:17 PM   #1
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
So you're claiming Bus Driver?

Eh, I can believe this, I suppose. Mainly because I don't expect Pazz to have studied enough roles to know about busdriver, or about post limitations on players. I don't think you should've outted the names of the people you switched, but alright.
Nvm, forgot about wolfchat and coaching for a moment. A claim like this could easily have been orchestrated by an experienced woof.
Idk, back to reading I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 11-12-2016, 02:42 PM   #2
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to AragakiAyase

Quote:
So you're claiming Bus Driver?

Eh, I can believe this, I suppose. Mainly because I don't expect Pazz to have studied enough roles to know about busdriver, or about post limitations on players. I don't think you should've outted the names of the people you switched, but alright.
No, I think it's good that he did because if he's telling the truth then this not only explains the charu kill, but would also help any other town-sided roles who may have used night actions on me/charu to realize that their information is a little bit different

pikakirby123 reincarnated

Old 11-12-2016, 09:21 PM   #3
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Is there anything that proves he's a confirmed town?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazzaz View Post
Ok, I've been thinking about the consequences of what I'm about to say, I hope this provides clarity. I thought about keeping this a secret but I will have to say this before the EOD incase I die so here's the truth.
I couldn't speak D0 but instead I received the ability to switch the positions of two people at the beginning of N1. I switched AragakiAyase and Charu. This is why several people reacted weird, they thought AA was gonna die or atleast not that Charu was gonna die. So if I die as town, AA is confirmed town (or the wolves tried to kill one of their own lol).

TL;DR AragakiAyase IS CONFIRMED TOWN FOR ME

From now on I'm normal townie and will be scumhunting. I'll post my thoughts about everyone later.

Now I know taken at face value it doesn't mean much, but think about it rreeeeaaaallyyy hard and it's very unlikely that Pazz is lying. Give me a scenario where Pazz is lying, wolves still kill Charu for shits and giggles, and someone who was in the dhajddfasfefdf I am trying so fucking hard not to get modkilled for angle shooting right now but seriously put some thought into it: he's really close to being confirmed.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 11-13-2016, 12:36 AM   #4
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Ok, I've been thinking about the consequences of what I'm about to say, I hope this provides clarity. I thought about keeping this a secret but I will have to say this before the EOD incase I die so here's the truth.
I couldn't speak D0 but instead I received the ability to switch the positions of two people at the beginning of N1. I switched AragakiAyase and Charu. This is why several people reacted weird, they thought AA was gonna die or atleast not that Charu was gonna die. So if I die as town, AA is confirmed town (or the wolves tried to kill one of their own lol).

TL;DR AragakiAyase IS CONFIRMED TOWN FOR ME

From now on I'm normal townie and will be scumhunting. I'll post my thoughts about everyone later.
Quote:
No not really, that was not why I chose him. Yes, choosing a scum and a townie and the scum then dying would have been good but the chances for that happening would be pretty low. If I choose two people who are probably townies, if one of them die then I'll know the other is a townie too. I didn't want to throw my ability way and have it not affecting anything.
Not enough attention has been paid to this. I mean, people are using this as a basis to semi-clear Paz, but his initial point raised a topic that's worth investigating further.

Quote:
This is why several people reacted weird, they thought AA was gonna die or atleast not that Charu was gonna die.
First off, this is stated way too definitively; if Pazzaz's role is (was) really to switch effects on N1, he shouldn't actually know this. But assuming it's just awkwardly phrased and it's just what he thinks, it instead raises an important point. There were several people who were really surprised that Charu was nightkilled--if this was because Charu died when AA was targeted (and this is reinforced by the daykill today), then that surprise is fundamentally suspicious, because it links those people to the kill. Lots of people get nightkilled for a variety of reasons, so the outcry makes more sense if those people knew Charu shouldn't have died. But the only people that could know that are are the killers themselves, Pazzaz, and potentially a watcher-type role if that exists in this game.

Having said that, there are a few problems with Pazzaz's logic, and I'm a little uncomfortable with how readily people have cleared him (although I lean toward him being town, since claim gambits tend to blow up, it's not really definitive imo). Basically, his town-town plan doesn't make a lot of sense. By his own claim, as far as I can tell, his role was enforced silence on D0 in exchange for being able to switch night effects on two players on N1. This doesn't give him any special insights or investigative information, so his plan suffers from the following problems:

Multiple people seemed to be town-reading AA strongly. This would have made AA a more likely night protection (again assuming that power exists in this game, but a doctor-type role is super standard) target. It's also not that unlikely that someone other than AA could have been targeted for a nightkill; while town reads might have made him the most likely target, the field overall still seems more likely. Pazzaz's logic seems to assume that AA (or perhaps Charu) would have been targeted, and while that's somewhat reasonable, it runs into the problem of why he chose Charu as the other player. This was supposedly so that the town-town effect would provide him with some information, but he only gets information if one of them dies. If that's the case, why not choose a potential wolf to receive the transferred deathblow? The payoff only makes sense if one expects Charu to be targeted (which would transfer death to AA), obtaining an unconfirmable town read at the expense of potentially killing a wolf. In any TWG/mafia game, town are always going to outnumber its antagonists to start. That's the basic premise of the game. As such, individual town reads aren't super useful (especially early on) in comparison to wolf reads or wolf kills. But his language choice acts as if getting a town clear was fait accompli, which again assumes information he shouldn't have.

In spite of the above, I'm still leaning town on Pazzaz, since claim gambits tend to blow up sooner or later, and his hasn't so far. But one way or another, the mechanics of his situation demand further consideration (especially since his roleclaim entailed a D0 post restriction, which if true suggests other posting modifiers may be in effect now or later).
Old 11-13-2016, 12:54 AM   #5
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
You are actually very wrong about the tell. I wouldn't even go as far as to assume what the tell is without an explanation from either of us who know and noticed it.

That was bad from you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
The tell is the form of which Aryxi defends himself when pressured. He always uses the same manner, style, mannerisms, tone, and almost words when he's town-aligned and being attacked. It's such a bad tell and yet, it's been decisive so many times already for Aryxi that I'm able to say the slot (at that time because I have no idea what Haku is doing right now) was town-aligned.

Okay, Zenith and Haku, I've gone through every game Aryxi has ever played (thankfully he's a new player), hoping that you were right and that Aryxi would have a magic tell that would clear him, and therefore Haku, as town.

I ended up being disappointed, because there's nothing consistent in his responses that would justify your assertion that "He always uses the same manner, style, mannerisms, tone, and almost words when he's town-aligned and being attacked. It's such a bad tell and yet, it's been decisive so many times already for Aryxi that I'm able to say the slot (at that time because I have no idea what Haku is doing right now) was town-aligned."

Therefore, respectfully, I have to conclude that you were grossly exaggerating his "tell". Like I told Haku, the main similarity between this game and any of his town games is just the fact that he gave up and left after a push on him in both this game and the last game. When I said that to Haku, you said I was wrong about the "tell" and that I should have asked one of the two people who saw it. I Since you didn't respond to my request that you pull up where AA originally mentioned the "tell", I'm going to go find it now myself. I hope you weren't lying about AA, because if his version of the tell is the same as mine then you will have my vote for lying and putting words in his mouth.

List of Aryxi's responses to attacks:

Turbo 4 (aka Aryxi's first game):
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.E. Aryxi View Post
DaBackpack
rude
Turbo 5:
Quote:
If you could elaborate on why you think I'm a wolf that'd be cool
Turbo 6:
Quote:
Huh?? Why do you dislike me? I was going to vote haku just out on a hunch but got preoccupied and i ended up missing eod
Turbo 7:

Quote:
Nice meme but it's a lame one.
Quote:
There's nothing that sticks out to me in said chaos for me to try to pick something out, which is why I didn't say anything. If there is nothing that sticks out to me then it is unnecessary to say anything at all. Nice meme.
Quote:
Eh, i'm going to get lynched d0 again so Ima just leave for the night. Night all.

This game:
Quote:
Another mislynch if more votes are placed on me but whatever mang
Quote:
Sorry to keep you in hold homie but i promise to have a full detailed post explaining my reasons for the previous posts. I need just need some rest and after I'm off tomorrow I'll have my post up as promised. This game requires alot of energy i don't normally have

He responds as differently as you could expect from the same person. Nothing in his "style" or "mannerisms" is identical. So much for that. On a different note, I never realized how little Aryxi posts in this games. Finding these was easier than I thought. If anyone wants to confirm that these were, in fact, his responses and that I'm not nitpicking or altering them at all, please simply click on the arrow next to the relevant quote and read the context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 11-12-2016, 04:16 PM   #6
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Ok guys, I'm alive! My role kind of kept me from posting the first day, sorry for not being part of it, I'll post a long post with my thoughts later today.
Assuming this is true. That means you have been able to read the thread. And surely by now you have a reads list you can post, or something of that idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
"I think storn is town but he doesn't have a shirt on" - Roundbox
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times

Quote:

Old 11-12-2016, 06:02 AM   #7
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Oh hey AA. Tell me what you think of Andy. I'll read it later though Imma go to bed

Oh and Hey V PLAY THE FUCKING GAME PLEASE KTHX

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 11-12-2016, 06:26 AM   #8
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Oh what the fuck

Old 11-12-2016, 06:26 AM   #9
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

So were you scumreading charu?

Old 11-12-2016, 06:33 AM   #10
Pazzaz
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by AragakiAyase View Post
So were you scumreading charu?
No not really, that was not why I chose him. Yes, choosing a scum and a townie and the scum then dying would have been good but the chances for that happening would be pretty low. If I choose two people who are probably townies, if one of them die then I'll know the other is a townie too. I didn't want to throw my ability way and have it not affecting anything.
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
tfw nanahira will never step on u
youll be surprised how possible this is.
Old 11-12-2016, 06:51 AM   #11
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I don't really follow

if you pick a townie and a scum, and the townie is targeted but the scum ends up dying, don't you get a similar result of the townie being pseudo confirmed? I think your claim is believable but just trying to make sense of this

Old 11-12-2016, 06:57 AM   #12
Pazzaz
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by AragakiAyase View Post
I don't really follow

if you pick a townie and a scum, and the townie is targeted but the scum ends up dying, don't you get a similar result of the townie being pseudo confirmed? I think your claim is believable but just trying to make sense of this
Yes you're right but if I choose two townies the chance that one of them would be a wolf target doubles. Even then, there was still a chance that none of them would be chosen.
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
tfw nanahira will never step on u
youll be surprised how possible this is.
Old 11-12-2016, 07:25 AM   #13
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Yes you're right but if I choose two townies the chance that one of them would be a wolf target doubles. Even then, there was still a chance that none of them would be chosen.
I see

I buy your claim, only thing that concerns me is that usually bus driver (which is what you've described) is a scum role, but that's not too important I don't think

Old 11-12-2016, 06:46 AM   #14
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Alright so I have no idea when these phases start and end so don't mind me.

Just read what I missed from EoD post, going to catch up just from there for now and try to do some isolations later if I have the dedication to sit through it all.

Old 11-12-2016, 06:48 AM   #15
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Confused at the first progression between AA/YoshL, maybe it'll be explained later during this read.

Old 11-12-2016, 07:15 AM   #16
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Stopping there.

Old 11-12-2016, 09:49 AM   #17
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

hi i'm here

my computer came back to me so i can actually play! they didn't fix anything though so i am kinda susp of it still

reading now

also: hos
Old 11-12-2016, 10:37 AM   #18
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

@Pazzaz

Do you have reasons to believe AA is really town over being a third party?
(If targeted by wolves)
Old 11-12-2016, 10:49 AM   #19
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

up to post #214 have to get laundry

omg there's actually some good shitposting here

#43 this is the first post where i'm like "what even is this post" though, because you know there's like...a player list

#103-#110 not sure if i get the people jumping on MML for his commentary on the vote, but at least AA wanted to talk to him about his townread
like if you're townreading the dude then of course people voting your townread is gonna make you worry
idgi

arbys

#136 yer gonna be in a great mood all day because yer gonna be slappin yer DICKs away with the SlapChop(tm)

#149 lol i know it's spoilered but did you really feel the need to respond to all the thread shitposting and like none of the content? and that's your catch-up?

#182 & #192 see i just get the impression that shitposting isn't in AA's veins like it apparently is in many of ours, and MML's apparent townread was worth questioning as well

like yoshl's vote in #195-#198

#209 then in this follow-up from andy he gives yoshl a townread purely for his aggression? but i do like that he was able to come down from his claim and be like "sorry i did a bad" instead of pushing the bad thing further

#214 is also good from yoshl for keeping pressure
Old 11-12-2016, 11:13 AM   #20
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

skim skim

hakulyte is doing actual thinking about the setup, which i really like

agree with aas sentiments that bus driver is usually a sc role, but with the caveat of not being able to talk is lol

aa has been mentioning lyncher quite often, which leads me to believe that he possibly has a target, but in the form of a character name? just speculating on mechanics. i dont think though that given his play so far, hes like, antitown third party, or even a wolf targetted by somwone with kp. he looks super clear, but please remember to reevaluate constantly as the need arises

probably super jumbled cause i just got up lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Closed Thread