Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #801
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Default Re: ODIPack3 submissions (May 18th deadline!)

transparent world (revision)
i was superpumped when i selected it and was like YES superhard jumpstreams GO and i was a bit disappointed to be frank. it's edit, it should be harder!! the first stream should have drums layered like the second one! and the second one should have the vocals layered it will be a lot cooler than just the drums like that, and since it is edit, what i would even do is add the vocals ON TOP of the drums (and lose the few minifreezes). i almost AAA'd this stream and i have a broken hand and suck shit at this game compared to the people posting in the brag board nowadays. you should also layer drums in the solo for sure! it won't take away your pr- or solo-feel, it will only add some intensity and make it more of a climax. also i really hate the ending haha but if you really want it like this it's fine, but i would for sure cut two of the four repetitions out.

I find it interesting you want it harder to be honest. I find it hard as shit already but I'll tinker more and make it harder. I mean that intro can be made impressively hard without jumps.

the creator
really fun but what the hell why did 3 entire sections turn into 24ths when they were the same tempo 16ths as before, i'm guessing this is a result of ddream syncing, it should be easily fixed. also many obvious missing guitar notes in the beginning and that riff comes back several times in the file and always has that note missed (it's a missing note between 2 16ths). also yes i would for sure want the song cut, i see no reason as to why you should have 2 verses and choruses that are exactly the same before the breakdown/solo/endpart, the file wouldn't at all become too short. i can help you make the cut

The 24ths are 100% intended BPM changes I used to show the change of intensity. It also sounds more like 24ths / 12ths than a set of 16ths. I also debated stepping the guitars and stuff but honestly it takes away from the I guess the word I am looking for is groove of the song. I'm still hyper against cutting it as honestly I like longer charts (and the song as a whole, but that's just a preference I completely understand why you suggest the cut) but I guess if you'd really like it cut, I'd appreciate your help in doing the cut, as I am just ****ing awful at cutting songs short of cutting it at the end. All else fails I can single release the full version which is fine with me.
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:42 PM   #802
TwistedPhoenix
Forum User

Send a message via Skype™ to TwistedPhoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_Ossa View Post
Ummm Ok I'll try! Haven't touched SM in like 4 years but I'll download it.
I hope files come out of this because I want more Ossa files in my Stepmania!
TwistedPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #803
dascookieman
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
the creator
really fun but what the hell why did 3 entire sections turn into 24ths when they were the same tempo 16ths as before, i'm guessing this is a result of ddream syncing, it should be easily fixed. also many obvious missing guitar notes in the beginning and that riff comes back several times in the file and always has that note missed (it's a missing note between 2 16ths). also yes i would for sure want the song cut, i see no reason as to why you should have 2 verses and choruses that are exactly the same before the breakdown/solo/endpart, the file wouldn't at all become too short. i can help you make the cut

The 24ths are 100% intended BPM changes I used to show the change of intensity. It also sounds more like 24ths / 12ths than a set of 16ths. I also debated stepping the guitars and stuff but honestly it takes away from the I guess the word I am looking for is groove of the song. I'm still hyper against cutting it as honestly I like longer charts (and the song as a whole, but that's just a preference I completely understand why you suggest the cut) but I guess if you'd really like it cut, I'd appreciate your help in doing the cut, as I am just ****ing awful at cutting songs short of cutting it at the end. All else fails I can single release the full version which is fine with me.
ok the trick in changing the bpm to make the arrow different colors is alright, but i don't think they should become 12ths/24ths because it's so very clear that it's still the same 16ths and the most distinct non-4/4-rhythm you can have in music and of course in stepmania, is 3/4 (12ths/24ths), so either just make them 32nds, or if you think that is bad since you do that in another part of the file iirc, make everything that isn't a 4th or an 8th green or smth like that. they should for sure not be 3/4 anyway imo

regarding the guitar... i thought for sure that's what you were following in a lot of it...?

regarding the cut, if you really want it longer with the repeat it's fine, i don't wanna force anyone to make changes that are about preference when the file is good enough in any case. i personally would like it better if it was cut since i see the repeat as just unnecessary, but do as you like
Old 04-11-2013, 04:48 PM   #804
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10

Yay I fixed my stepmania issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Shadow_God_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:10 PM   #805
NeoMasterPie
Forum User

you missed "don't say anything"

NeoMasterPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:13 PM   #806
dascookieman
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoMasterPie View Post
you missed "don't say anything"
sent you a mail yesterday, i can't download from mega.co, it says i need the latest flash player to do so, the second latest apparently isn't good enough. if i update flash i can't watch streams because apparently my mozilla is in 32-bit and my windows 7 in 64-bit and that makes shit messed up or smth like that. bottomline is i can't get the newest flash version if i want to be able to watch streams so please just attach it to the e-mail or use another site, thanks
Old 04-11-2013, 05:35 PM   #807
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_Ossa View Post
come back and revive the community eh?
The community was never dead in the first place, it was striving and pumping out way more simfiles and simfile packs than ever before. You've been completely outta the loop for like 4 years so it's understandable as to why you would think this.

ODI3 is just one of several means to spark simfile activity, for the sole reason that no other major pack has lifted off the ground after the FFR Community Packs and having a veteran simfile author like glove return is a big deal. The timing of both was just too perfect and convenient, which explains all the activity going on really—this being an "ODI pack" is only a secondary factor for the attention this thread receives, not so much primary.

in this post I ramble about shit no one gives a fuck about etc

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)

Last edited by Gundam-Dude; 04-11-2013 at 06:38 PM..
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:06 PM   #808
moches
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude View Post
ODI3 is just one of several means to spark simfile activity, for the sole reason that no other major pack has lifted off the ground after I went on hiatus from making FFR Seasonal Community Packs and having a veteran simfile author like glove return is a big deal.
*ahem*
moches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:37 PM   #809
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

you're included in there as a ffr community pack ok

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:46 PM   #810
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

FissionMailed told me to post these in here? :l

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #811
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dascookieman View Post
ok the trick in changing the bpm to make the arrow different colors is alright, but i don't think they should become 12ths/24ths because it's so very clear that it's still the same 16ths and the most distinct non-4/4-rhythm you can have in music and of course in stepmania, is 3/4 (12ths/24ths), so either just make them 32nds, or if you think that is bad since you do that in another part of the file iirc, make everything that isn't a 4th or an 8th green or smth like that. they should for sure not be 3/4 anyway imo

regarding the guitar... i thought for sure that's what you were following in a lot of it...?
I'm kinda someone who tends to stick to the drums because the guitar parts kinda always seem harder to chart than they actually are and it drives me just bat shit crazy sometimes. I will say I layer the guitar and stuff but I'm not particularly focusing on it except for the solo really. It's not like Transparent where it's drowning out the other sounds and tbh just doing that all the time is what would make this chart boring as nails for me personally. Not sure what others think about it.
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:57 AM   #812
Dj_Ossa
SMGroove
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via Skype™ to Dj_Ossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude View Post
The community was never dead in the first place, it was striving and pumping out way more simfiles and simfile packs than ever before. You've been completely outta the loop for like 4 years so it's understandable as to why you would think this.

ODI3 is just one of several means to spark simfile activity, for the sole reason that no other major pack has lifted off the ground after the FFR Community Packs and having a veteran simfile author like glove return is a big deal. The timing of both was just too perfect and convenient, which explains all the activity going on really—this being an "ODI pack" is only a secondary factor for the attention this thread receives, not so much primary.

in this post I ramble about shit no one gives a fuck about etc

IDK man... As far as I'm concerned KBO never really took off and with FFR being down for so long and stuff it was pretty much dead.

But I also know that you, Kommi, Moches and all the other guys have been CONSISTENTLY trying new things and packs and stuff, so if anything it's because of you guys that we're ultimately here talking SM 4/5 years later.

Thanks for that!

EDIT: Ok I got time to kill tonight so I'll try doing some song selections... I have to open up the new SM and get familiar with it but I'll try my best to at least submit a file before the deadline. If I get pumped and have extra time I'll try to make more but we'll see.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:54 AM   #813
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,

Quote:
cosmik debris
really cool file haha. would say too easy and boring if it wasn't so unique and had good variation. always liked this song lol
I don't see it on the accepted list of the OP, could be because it doesn't have greeefix but just in case

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:19 AM   #814
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Alright here's my plan of attack for this coming weekend!

1. Step Gravestoned. I love the vibes in this tune and it can have some sick bpm tricks (DON'T WORRY I'M NOT GOING BUZZARDS NUTS I PROMISE GUIEZ)
2. Step The Grey fucking Tide.
3. Complete my half of Buzzards to send to AlexDest.

Estimated time needed: 2-3 days

Hours of sleep since yesterday afternoon: 0

This train is rollin' all night lawwnnng *****z
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Old 04-12-2013, 06:40 AM   #815
Dj_Ossa
SMGroove

I just failed to FC any of the songs I played when I opened SM. Couldn't even AAA Gillette. Couldn't even FC or AAA those Kommi songs that come with SM on FUCING MEDIUM DIF. Definitely a long way to go before I even start charting for this pack hahaha but I'll try my best.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:54 AM   #816
dascookieman
FFR Player

hahaha ossa that happened to me too the first day i played again, and my wrists were so sore i thought i might have seriously injured myself hahaha. biggest advice: use DISTANT! it's awesome for reading, i've never gotten my MA back completly but i would never play without it now since it makes reading sooo much easier, lots of people use it (add about 150 to your cmod).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill View Post
I don't see it on the accepted list of the OP, could be because it doesn't have greeefix but just in case
yeah i would like you to fix a few things that i feel would improve it a lot. actually, i would much rather include both reefer man and st alphonzos after fixing because they're superawesome and i already gave you a perfect cut of the reefer man =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
I'm kinda someone who tends to stick to the drums because the guitar parts kinda always seem harder to chart than they actually are and it drives me just bat shit crazy sometimes. I will say I layer the guitar and stuff but I'm not particularly focusing on it except for the solo really. It's not like Transparent where it's drowning out the other sounds and tbh just doing that all the time is what would make this chart boring as nails for me personally. Not sure what others think about it.
ok that's fine, the guitar is playing very similarly to the drums in many parts and it's the obvious lead instrument of the song so i just assumed that's what you stepped. you ended up with fun patterns by doing the drums+vocals so that's fine, but have a look at the other things i pointed out, especially making the 3/4-sections differently. tell me if you want me to cut the song for you and i'll do it later today.

Last edited by dascookieman; 04-12-2013 at 06:56 AM..
dascookieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:01 AM   #817
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,

well yeah and I already told you I'm a lazy sod who doesn't look back at files

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:05 AM   #818
Dj_Ossa
SMGroove

Quote:
hahaha ossa that happened to me too the first day i played again, and my wrists were so sore i thought i might have seriously injured myself hahaha. biggest advice: use DISTANT! it's awesome for reading, i've never gotten my MA back completly but i would never play without it now since it makes reading sooo much easier, lots of people use it (add about 150 to your cmod).
Fuck yeah, I'll try that. I guess it will feel more familiar as other rythm games I've played often (DJMAX RAY mostly) uses that kind of technique. I'll give it a shot and report!
Old 04-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #819
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

aaannnddd I'm awesome. Gravestoned is almost done after almost 8 hours

EDIT: on a more depressing note....did I seriously make the edit chart for The Last Battle...it fucking SUCKS
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by Shadow_God_10; 04-12-2013 at 04:03 PM..
Old 04-12-2013, 07:54 PM   #820
Nick Skyline
Retired from VSRGs
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
aaannnddd I'm awesome. Gravestoned is almost done after almost 8 hours

EDIT: on a more depressing note....did I seriously make the edit chart for The Last Battle...it fucking SUCKS
Yes. Yes, you did. (I know this, because on Youtube there were a couple of videos that showcased it (which I think are all down now). It was on Heavy difficulty, and I had a copy of it at some time in '08.)

that chart is stupid hard imo

Last edited by Nick Skyline; 04-12-2013 at 07:58 PM..
Nick Skyline is offline   Reply With Quote