Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-5-2013, 11:26 PM   #481
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic
Default Re: TWG CIII: New Players Welcome

hey riotpolice care to explain all that unexplained bullshit with your vote at the end of the day because that was pretty fucking sketchy dawg

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what
Old 11-5-2013, 11:34 PM   #482
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokzic View Post
hey sparky if you're so up-n-at'm why don't you answer my question about why the fuck we lynched dragon2dix
No.

Old 11-5-2013, 11:34 PM   #483
Tokzic
FFR Player

oh oops i forgot the first vote, the gotcha post that cleared all doubt in everyone's minds and made us see the truth: clearly dragon2dix is a wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by celodad
Also this is the most bullshit excuse for a safety.

dragoniidx
just kidding it's another self-preservation vote

Old 11-5-2013, 11:34 PM   #484
Tokzic
FFR Player

fucking morons

Old 11-5-2013, 11:42 PM   #485
Tokzic
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
No.
okay, you don't want to sound dumb for making a vote based on nothing, i understand

how about instead you answer the other question, about why you were pushing for a seer to waste a phase seering you, since you're "green as green can be"

Old 11-5-2013, 11:46 PM   #486
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Quote:
okay, you don't want to sound dumb for making a vote based on nothing, i understand

how about instead you answer the other question, about why you were pushing for a seer to waste a phase seering you, since you're "green as green can be"
To hide the fact that I am the master wolf.

You know you could re-read my posts where I already answer your simple and angry little questions.

But, if you need me to hold your hand and walk you through this, then I will be jolly as a jelly bean and help you out! But not really. Read the posts.

Old 11-6-2013, 12:03 AM   #487
Tokzic
FFR Player

Quote:
But, if you need me to hold your hand and walk you through this, then I will be jolly as a jelly bean and help you out! But not really. Read the posts.
***BULLSHIT ALERT***

you have not made a single post in this thread addressing why it's a good idea for you to be seered, you literally just say it like it's matter-of-fact every time

Greens DO NOT WANT TO GET SEERED. Greens want reds seered and blues seered so they can win the game. Your campaign to get yourself seered is fucking weird and the fact that you keep deflecting is just digging your hole deeper.

Old 11-6-2013, 12:06 AM   #488
Tokzic
FFR Player

Quote:
angry
i'm not mad you're just bad

Old 11-6-2013, 12:39 AM   #489
Tokzic
FFR Player

ATTENTION BORED GREENS WHO DIDN'T COME OUT TO VOTE:

It's really important that you vote. Please, please, you need to vote every phase. If not many people vote wolves can also opt out and disappear in the pack. Everyone needs to vote and not voting should be something that draws scrutiny.

If you cannot read the thread and make a vote every phase, please ask for a replacement.

Old 11-6-2013, 01:08 AM   #490
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

God apparently no one read my post where I said I WAS WORKING A DOUBLE SHIFT BETWEEN TWO JOBS.
Like 9 CONSECUTIVE HOURS of it.
That said, that's a fluke thing and will never happen again.

As for my lack of any creative posts, sue me; I'm trying to piece together what I can from what information is there.
This game is full of variables. "What if he's posting the way he is because he's a wolf? What if he knows what and is banking on us knowing that and that throws suspicion off," so on and so forth. At least, that's my impression so far.

As for lynching Dragon, points are valid, but I don't think he was red. Then again, what do I know, my experience is minimal at best.

If I had to pick potential reds, I think Xiz just because of the seer taunt. Like Tokzic said, why bother getting seered just to be proven innocent? Why not get them to seer someone you believe to be guilty?

Other than maybe YoshL being red/blue, not too many others have screamed being coloured, but then again, this is only end of day 1.
Old 11-6-2013, 03:00 AM   #491
Brilliant Dynamite Neon
nobody fiffers anymore.

Send a message via MSN to Brilliant Dynamite Neon Send a message via Yahoo to Brilliant Dynamite Neon

Tokzic, I love you. You slice flawed logic up like an industrial bread slicer. We definitely need to get back in touch. That is, if you ever really wanted to associate with me in the first place...

Okay, serious time.

Why I Believe In Split Seerings

I could see why certain people here are inclined to have the Inspector and Enforcer coordinate their seerings. The theory that coordination means we lose no info with one of the seers dying is the primary argument for this strategy, and it's definitely the wisest. However, in practice this falls apart and becomes impossible to coordinate with real benefit to the town IMO. Compared to splitting up commanded seering (which is my plan), coordinated seers fall short for:

Commanded seerings being utterly wasted. All communication is public, therefore anyone we want to seer is public, and therefore any wolf team with a brain will take the opportunity to render our efforts moot. The first time the inspector sees a wolf, they're dead no matter what, there's nothing they can do about that. In any other case, what's the big edge for the town? I don't see it. If the target of any seer is human, they're getting wolfed. If the target of an Enforcer is a wolf, he might not be outed right away, given that with four wolves he might be building toward a reveal he doesn't live to make. (If you think "simply not dying" will make a coordinated seer target a viable lynch, see next point.) How can you coordinate seer readings with someone who's dead? Not without outing yourself in the thread and subsequently getting killed yourself. Plus, with less seer readings, it is less likely for such a gambit to be worth it. Less readings = less chances of wolf finding. Split seering covers a wider area, and wolves only have ONE kill. They can't waste TWO seerings.

On the flip side, wolves can take advantage of a single announced target to frame innocents - or at least leave the town in the dark. One would think that if an announced seering target survives, they would be a wolf, right? Thus, if said person was human, it'd be a perfectly viable wolf strategy to leave them alive to cast suspicion on them. Especially if they were under undue suspicion before. This plan makes the perfect kind of wolf kill available – one that gives the town null or faulty information. Having the seers target different individuals stems this kind of trickery. Since it doesn't hinge on the postulation that BOTH readings will be fruitful, as opposed to the monolithic coordinated reading, it is MUCH harder for the wolves to make misdirection plays with their kills.

If we DON'T command coordinated seering, compliance with this plan will be impossible, barring outing one of them and/or sheer dumb luck. Sure, this will prevent us wasting our seerings, but then we might as well not have a plan at all. Nobody can communicate outside of the thread, so there's no way of letting anyone know of a seer target without letting the wolves know as well. Therefore it is left to the luck of the draw, or more precisely the whims of the seers. By now, it's clear that there are advantages to split seering, and handling it smartly will not require the untimely outing of either of the seers, I don't see a reason they would have not to comply, unless there is something VERY suspicious and/or obvious that we somehow miss.

As for the actual commanding (attention everyone for voting for targets): I think the best thing to do would be to have the Inspector hit high suspicions, and the Enforcer hit moderate suspicions. Some may argue that under a split seering plan we have more unknown quantities as town, and after a fashion you're right. But, given that more people are getting targeted, and that the most suspicious are getting hit by the one with a vigi, it's more likely that one of those unknown quantities are dying if they are a wolf. And of course, as a safety net, we have the Aide to come out and let us know if any of our clairvoyant brethren have fallen, so we can adjust our strategy accordingly, and have a confirmed human for 2 more nights. From there, if those unknown quantities are too much to bear in light of a seer's death, we have ways of rectifying them. If the Inspector dies first, the first thing the Enforcer should do IMO is seer someone that died after they were voted for an Inspector seer, to confirm that it was a vigi or a wolfing (which is the only good use of seering the dead I can think of.) If the Enforcer dies first...I'm not sure. The only thing I could think of right now depend on whether the Inspector still has their vigi, and any plan based on learning confidential role info is shot in this game.

Anyways, that's all I have to say, and that's why I'm sticking to my plan. Any counter arguments are welcome. My next major post tomorrow will try to analyze yesterday's atrocious lynch.

P.S, the Search function ignoring ALL WORDS FOUR LETTERS AND BELOW is easily the pinnacle of fucktarded administrative decisions on this forum, never mind the caps filter.

Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes
Old 11-6-2013, 07:32 AM   #492
Riotpolice
"Reach For The Stars"
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Riotpolice Send a message via Skype™ to Riotpolice

Quote:
hey riotpolice care to explain all that unexplained bullshit with your vote at the end of the day because that was pretty fucking sketchy dawg
Well, I do have a good explanation on why I vote switched my vote to dragon instead of Xiz.

This is what's going on in my mind:
If by the posts Xiz is making makes him truly green (btw I do legitimately think he's green and no way the master wolf because of the way he acted as he "knew" he was being lynched), shouldn't I switch my vote to someone else who hasn't been looked at? I mean, he pretty much convinced me that he was greener than green with that post.

I know I could have easily stuck my vote and lynched xiz, but you just gotta think about it. At the end there when Xiz was giving his final words, I got to thinking: If you put enough pressure on someone like what we were doing to Xiz, is that not sufficient pressure to get their true character out without having to seer their dead body later and waste precious time?
Also why is "summon" in quotation marks as usually that signifies an alternate meaning like for example last night I "visited" your mother but it really means last night I "fucked her in the ass" so exactly what is the subtext of "summon" because I am not sure I am comfortable with the implications

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0de View Post
im usually the "nice guy" around these parts.. but this is bad, and you should feel bad. i would rather dip my balls in honey and hover them over a red ant hill than to ever hear such butchered crap.
Old 11-6-2013, 09:44 AM   #493
Riotpolice
"Reach For The Stars"
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Riotpolice Send a message via Skype™ to Riotpolice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riotpolice View Post
Well, I do have a good explanation on why I vote switched my vote to dragon instead of Xiz.

This is what's going on in my mind:
If by the posts Xiz is making makes him truly green (btw I do legitimately think he's green and no way the master wolf/ a blue because of the way he acted as he "knew" he was being lynched), shouldn't I switch my vote to someone else who hasn't been looked at? I mean, he pretty much convinced me that he was greener than green with that post.

I know I could have easily stuck my vote and lynched xiz, but you just gotta think about it. At the end there when Xiz was giving his final words, I got to thinking: If you put enough pressure on someone like what we were doing to Xiz, is that not sufficient pressure to get their true character out without having to seer their dead body later and waste precious time?
Needed to reword.
Also why is "summon" in quotation marks as usually that signifies an alternate meaning like for example last night I "visited" your mother but it really means last night I "fucked her in the ass" so exactly what is the subtext of "summon" because I am not sure I am comfortable with the implications

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0de View Post
im usually the "nice guy" around these parts.. but this is bad, and you should feel bad. i would rather dip my balls in honey and hover them over a red ant hill than to ever hear such butchered crap.
Old 11-6-2013, 11:49 AM   #494
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan

BDN, good post, but you seem to not know that in the death post, its stated how the person dies... we'll know if its a wolf-kill or a vigi-kill through autopsy. Manti "bled to death from a deep bite mark on his shoulder."

Unless its a full moon and our blues watched too much Twilight, we'll know if its a vigi kill with some description like "x person died from w/e the fuck a blues gun does to them idk."

That being said, I like the thought you've got, we can't really "command" our blues to do anything, but its a good strategy, and I think its the best one anyone has come up with.

Also, Tokzic, are you stupid, or are you stupid? I can't decide. Never been called a sleuth though, that was new.

T-Force, the reason I went with Yoshl's idea of going after Dragon is because you've actually posted a *bare-minimum* amount of information. Gonna be looking for this to change.

RP, I don't think you really have to defend yourself to Tokzic, its pretty obvious why you voted the way you did to me... at 9:58 we saw 3 votes go down virtually at the same time, you posted your vote when Xiz and pntballa posted theirs, and you were just trying to get a lynch, its kinda obvious...

Now for my last point, I promise. DON'T SEER ME, I AM A VANILLA TOWNIE. I WANT TO KNOW WHY PEOPLE THINK SEERING ME IS A GOOD IDEA OTHER THAN MY POSTING STYLE. YOU WILL GET NOTHING FROM SEERING ME, IF I HAVEN'T BEEN SEERED ALREADY.
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 11-6-2013, 12:39 PM   #495
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

HELLO PEOPLE

BDN that plan does sound like a good one to me. My question is still how the seers will communicate with each other and with the rest of us without the wolves trying to sabotage things. Like... would we vote for who we want to be seered? And have everything just be totally public? I'm honestly a bit confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
Old 11-6-2013, 12:49 PM   #496
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Okay, time to come clean.

I already know most of you think I am green now, but just in case...

I pretty much fucked up lmfao. I admit that. Cool. Yeah for some reason the whole 'In thread talk' thing didn't click in my mind when I was thinking of that, and I wanted to come out immediately to start building a small alliance, even though that's impossible.

So, my apologies. Sorry team.

Also, I want everyone's thoughts on BDN's seer strat. I expect an answer or at least some comment from everyone. Besides Tokzic, because I couldn't possibly give a less fuck about him.

Old 11-6-2013, 12:50 PM   #497
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
BDN, good post, but you seem to not know that in the death post, its stated how the person dies... we'll know if its a wolf-kill or a vigi-kill through autopsy. Manti "bled to death from a deep bite mark on his shoulder."
It is because of this that if inspector gets a red in his day seering, he should nail them at night asap.

Because it takes the place of a wolfing, it's a free kill that gives an earlier advantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 11-6-2013, 12:50 PM   #498
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

Quote:
Okay, time to come clean.

I already know most of you think I am green now, but just in case...

I pretty much fucked up lmfao. I admit that. Cool. Yeah for some reason the whole 'In thread talk' thing didn't click in my mind when I was thinking of that, and I wanted to come out immediately to start building a small alliance, even though that's impossible.

So, my apologies. Sorry team.

Also, I want everyone's thoughts on BDN's seer strat. I expect an answer or at least some comment from everyone. Besides Tokzic, because I couldn't possibly give a less fuck about him.
uh what the fuck are you talking about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 11-6-2013, 12:51 PM   #499
cedolad
moonchild~

Send a message via Skype™ to cedolad

Quote:
oh oops i forgot the first vote, the gotcha post that cleared all doubt in everyone's minds and made us see the truth: clearly dragon2dix is a wolf

just kidding it's another self-preservation vote
You need to calm down Mr. Self Righteous.

Lets attack the guy who couldn't change his vote.

Because that's fucking sensible.

And where the fuck were you when I was first calling out questions and getting the flow of information going? No where.

Where was Dragon when I initially placed my reaction vote on him, no where.

So why are you defending Dragon when he had more than enough time to chime in to defend himself? Unless you're his wolf buddy. Is this true Tokdix? Or are you too angry and self-righteous that you forgot you were playing TWG?
Old 11-6-2013, 12:51 PM   #500
cedolad
moonchild~

Send a message via Skype™ to cedolad

Extra spaces because mad.