Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2014, 11:56 PM   #21
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: fitness subforum

Keep making more chit chat threads if the topic is different enough to warrant it. If for some reason chit chat starts flooding with fitness threads maybe that would show that there should be one.

Just a suggestion.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2014, 12:33 AM   #22
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
There is nothing about my post implying sports and fitness are the same thing lmao, they would be separate subforums, I'm just saying that if there's already a sports one in a section with an AMA one too, fitness would fit in there perfectly fine, same with a food one, and something else. Would be a nice use of the space in that section of the forum.
fair; apologies for hostility toward what I thought your tone was, then. my bad.
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2014, 07:39 AM   #23
Spenner
Forum User
Retired Staff

Send a message via MSN to Spenner Send a message via Skype™ to Spenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Keep making more chit chat threads if the topic is different enough to warrant it. If for some reason chit chat starts flooding with fitness threads maybe that would show that there should be one.

Just a suggestion.
The problem is that there are so many "burst" popularity threads that rapidly gain attention and then eventually fade, and offspring threads of it are usually made, and by the time all that business is done, the slightly active but nonetheless important threads below it are wiped out into the Page 2 zone, where nobody will be willing to go find it again.

Having important threads from different categories accessible for new viewers of the subforum is necessary, otherwise if the main page is flooded with things that they have little interest in, they probably won't bother digging deeper to find the food thread 5 pages back or something (for example).

I'm not that active on these forums anyhow but this makes sense to me.

Spenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2014, 07:58 AM   #24
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
Sexuality doesn't have to be overly lewd and GBin material entirely.

My first post was in a somewhat ironic tone simply because of the gateway of adding one subforum but not another slightly relevelt/on the same level subforum, idk. Either way, the idea has potential. But tbh I was going to edit my post to change sexuality to masturbation subforum so that the irony would be that much more blatant. Take the non-edit post as it is~
Wouldn't have to be. Would anyway.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2014, 08:17 AM   #25
Spenner
Forum User
Retired Staff

It is thread dependent really. A Chit-chat totally open thread for "sexualtiy" in general is bound to end up with... a little bit of everything. Defining a topic that narrows down one aspect of sexuality within a broader sexuality subforum would avoid some of that.

Old 06-1-2014, 08:54 AM   #26
Pseudo Enigma
ごめんなさい (/ω\)
FFR Veteran

Quote:
The problem is that there are so many "burst" popularity threads that rapidly gain attention and then eventually fade, and offspring threads of it are usually made, and by the time all that business is done, the slightly active but nonetheless important threads below it are wiped out into the Page 2 zone, where nobody will be willing to go find it again.

Having important threads from different categories accessible for new viewers of the subforum is necessary, otherwise if the main page is flooded with things that they have little interest in, they probably won't bother digging deeper to find the food thread 5 pages back or something (for example).

I'm not that active on these forums anyhow but this makes sense to me.
then doesn't that just mean that it's not popular enough to warrant an entire subforum? There are search features for threads that don't get bumped often, and you can also get it stickied.

Don't have to build an entire subforum for one thread plz no bully

Last edited by Pseudo Enigma; 06-1-2014 at 09:14 AM..
Pseudo Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2014, 09:26 AM   #27
Spenner
Forum User
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Enigma View Post
then doesn't that just mean that it's not popular enough to warrant an entire subforum? There are search features for threads that don't get bumped often, and you can also get it stickied.

Don't have to build an entire subforum for one thread plz no bully
Not the case; it's only that there are more accessible/more popular threads that cater to the general demographic of FFR, and the more niche topics like food/fitness/w.e are less in focus if everything is on the same page and are bumped further down. Any thread could be one of those threads which aren't active because they just aren't seen as easily.

And we've already had this discussion for somewhere-- i think in tgb though-- a single thread can not in any way do the same job as a subforum, where there are subtopics related to the one bigger topic (the tgb food thread was a good example of this, everyone's posting stuff that is not always related yet still has to do with food, so it could become quite clusterfucky).

I really don't care either way though this is just my brain processing logic while hungover

Old 06-1-2014, 11:05 AM   #28
Pseudo Enigma
ごめんなさい (/ω\)
FFR Veteran

Quote:
And we've already had this discussion for somewhere-- i think in tgb though-- a single thread can not in any way do the same job as a subforum, where there are subtopics related to the one bigger topic (the tgb food thread was a good example of this, everyone's posting stuff that is not always related yet still has to do with food, so it could become quite clusterfucky).
hmmm I guess TGB would know that best. They're practically a forum in of themselves but without the subforums. Oh well. Just make a bunch of threads and the admins will be forced to put them somewhere. It's exactly what happened with the last few subforums that got created.
Old 06-1-2014, 11:53 AM   #29
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

hey guys, cant wait to post in the squats thread!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
wow
j-rodd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2014, 12:39 PM   #30
Spenner
Forum User
Retired Staff

I actually would be interested in nutrition threads and whatnot. My diet needs to change, but I am not really sure how to stay organized with a good nutritional routine.

Old 06-1-2014, 12:41 PM   #31
Litodude
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Litodude

www.reddit.com

wow there isn't like 700 places on the internet for this already

dude
out west?
the fuck kinda location is west?
am i buying weed off a gotdamn pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
remind everyone that i am an outed racist neo-nazi who no one in their right mind should ever interact with in any way whatsoever

http://imgur.com/a/Ww9g3
Litodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2014, 12:47 PM   #32
Kekeb
davai
FFR Veteran

Red face Re: fitness subforum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litodude View Post
www.reddit.com

wow there isn't like 700 places on the internet for this already
nice one
Kekeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2014, 12:48 PM   #33
Kekeb
davai
FFR Veteran

i was actually tricked for a few seconds
Old 06-1-2014, 01:48 PM   #34
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

okay, this is ridiculous

I've used vb before, the admin interface is easy

It takes five minutes at most to create a new forum

stop massaging your bruised nipples over the possibility that it won't gel your obsessive sense of categorization/organization and make the forum already

there shouldn't be a debate about this, this isn't an action that needs staff debate, there are literally no consequences for being wrong

holy fucking shit how do you run forums this ineffectively
Old 06-1-2014, 01:58 PM   #35
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch0wl View Post
okay, this is ridiculous

I've used vb before, the admin interface is easy

It takes five minutes at most to create a new forum

stop massaging your bruised nipples over the possibility that it won't gel your obsessive sense of categorization/organization and make the forum already

there shouldn't be a debate about this, this isn't an action that needs staff debate, there are literally no consequences for being wrong

holy fucking shit how do you run forums this ineffectively
To whom exactly are you directing that?
Old 06-1-2014, 02:16 PM   #36
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

it should be immediately clear that it is directed toward anyone whose user account is capable of creating subforums
Old 06-1-2014, 02:46 PM   #37
Pseudo Enigma
ごめんなさい (/ω\)
FFR Veteran

lol why do you care so much bro? Why FFR anyway? Can't you just use some other forum if you care so much????

do what you like but srsly you're acting childish. It's not like it has to happen just because you want it to. Grow up. What I suggested isn't hard you know.

Last edited by Pseudo Enigma; 06-1-2014 at 02:50 PM..
Old 06-1-2014, 02:46 PM   #38
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch0wl View Post
it should be immediately clear that it is directed toward anyone whose user account is capable of creating subforums
If it wasn't aimed at one person in particular, then it was pretty judgemental and assumed a lot of things about a lot of people.

Don't worry, we'll get you the subforum eventually. Chill out, max and relax all cool and all.
Old 06-1-2014, 03:06 PM   #39
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

there isn't any reason to not have made the forum already other than being the forum equivalent of a neat-freak; the admin interface is extremely simple to use and if you have to deliberate on the issue then something is wrong with the way you handle things and you need to fix it

I know that the staff are capable of acting quickly because of how quickly they hand out bans. so, I'm judging by that standard of action-quickness.

hey, how about this. admin me and I'll create the forum in five minutes if you're having trouble doing it on your own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Enigma View Post
lol why do you care so much bro? Why FFR anyway? Can't you just use some other forum if you care so much????
you obviously didn't think about this very much, because this rationale could be used to delete chit chat and every other forum on ffr besides those directly related to ffr the game since you can discuss that subject matter elsewhere

the obvious context you're missing is that people aren't fungible; there is a specific group of people who wants to discuss that subject matter with an equally specific group of people

whether someone 'cares' is beyond the point -- people are still responding because of what they see as incredibly bad reasons for not having acted on this user desire already.
Old 06-1-2014, 03:17 PM   #40
Kekeb
davai
FFR Veteran

ARch for re-admin part 2