Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   fitness subforum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=137364)

Reincarnate 05-30-2014 12:21 AM

fitness subforum

Plz :o

choof 05-30-2014 12:23 AM

Re: fitness subforum

tacos

XelNya 05-30-2014 12:41 AM

Only if we get a subforum devoted strictly to Tacos.

Kekeb 05-30-2014 12:43 AM

yes

kmay 05-30-2014 07:06 AM

idk i feel like the fitness thread is really only the same few people posting...

Reincarnate 05-31-2014 10:07 AM

:|

I don't think that would end up being the case, necessarily -- for a variety of reasons I'm too lazy to get into at the moment

FictionJunction 05-31-2014 10:09 AM

I ran to burger king once

Zageron 05-31-2014 11:46 AM

I don't really think there is enough action to merit a section in itself just yet.

Arch0wl 05-31-2014 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KgZ (Post 4143514)
theres a fitness thread in tgb

how is this relevant

a second thread has no capacities of a subforum

Reincarnate 05-31-2014 01:26 PM

There's no reason not to open up a fitness subforum, IMO. What's the downside?

I think there's just as much action in the Fitness thread to justify a subforum as there was action to justify an AMA subforum or a Radio subforum or a Birthday subforum, etc. If anything, the argument can be made that opening up such a subforum would help encourage more action/activity.

You could have threads dedicated to completely different topics which, by themselves, are very info/discussion-dense. You could talk endlessly about any of the following subjects: Nutrition, running, weightlifting, cooking, routines, exercises (hell you could have an entire thread dedicated to squats alone), form checks, scientific literature, home gyms, progress pics, supplements, cutting, bulking, social threads, psych/motivation threads, threads for noobs just starting out, whatever. I literally wrote all that down almost as fast as I could type, without stopping -- there's so much to talk about and it's hard to compress all of that in one thread.

Such a subforum could actually have some real, positive impact in people's lives, too.

andy-o24 05-31-2014 03:25 PM

Don't forget form checks.

-o24

Arch0wl 05-31-2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reincarnate (Post 4143558)
What's the downside?

irritation of a staff member's obsessive-compulsive personality traits

truly, ffr can't endure this sacrifice

Pseudo Enigma 05-31-2014 04:30 PM

who would use it

btw I burned 1133213131 calories today FCing vROFL \o/

but yeah just make a skype group or something ?
edit: I mean, for now you should try that. I'm not opposed to the idea lol

Spenner 05-31-2014 04:56 PM

Want a fitness subforum? Give us a food subforum too. And a sexuality subforum. And other stuff.

But really there could be more shit in the section with sports and AMA and all that. We should utilize the space because it doesn't clutter the front page or anything.

Arch0wl 05-31-2014 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pseudo Enigma (Post 4143616)
who would use it

you're right. the weight of a forum going unused is too much to bear. like, at the moment, the spin it up forum's inactivity is actively preventing me from posting this message. see?

Arch0wl 05-31-2014 06:05 PM

all of spenner's subforum ideas sound nice. if there is a sexuality subforum the moderator better not be someone incredibly awkward about sex

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spenner (Post 4143621)
But really there could be more shit in the section with sports and AMA and all that. We should utilize the space because it doesn't clutter the front page or anything.

actually, if you think sports and fitness are the same thing I can't tell which you're extremely ignorant of but it's one of the two and it's extensive

Pseudo Enigma 05-31-2014 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch0wl (Post 4143637)
you're right. the weight of a forum going unused is too much to bear. like, at the moment, the spin it up forum's inactivity is actively preventing me from posting this message. see?

no need to get passive aggressive. It was a legit question. Who would use it? If there's enough people the admins will open it up. D'oy~

devonin 05-31-2014 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch0wl (Post 4143639)
all of spenner's subforum ideas sound nice. if there is a sexuality subforum the moderator better not be someone incredibly awkward about sex

The sexuality subforum is the sex thread in the garbage bin. Age issues, content issues. A subforum about questions of sexuality is going to turn pretty awful very quickly.

Spenner 05-31-2014 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch0wl (Post 4143639)

actually, if you think sports and fitness are the same thing I can't tell which you're extremely ignorant of but it's one of the two and it's extensive

There is nothing about my post implying sports and fitness are the same thing lmao, they would be separate subforums, I'm just saying that if there's already a sports one in a section with an AMA one too, fitness would fit in there perfectly fine, same with a food one, and something else. Would be a nice use of the space in that section of the forum.