Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2014, 03:29 PM   #341
blazziken
FFR Player

Default Re: Yolomania Vol. 3 Submissions Open!

tomorrow i will send another file and wafles I need you skype ^^
blazziken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:55 AM   #342
icontrolyourworld
Enjoy life!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

sent an update for Proof Of The Existence
icontrolyourworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 12:24 PM   #343
Wafles
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Wafles

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazziken View Post
tomorrow i will send another file and wafles I need you skype ^^
have you on skype now, hit me up whenever

posting reviews in a few minutes, just waiting on final approval from some other judges, we have 3 submissions from (7_VI) which are going to be put off until the next batch because this one was really large, just wanted to say that we did recieve them but it was after I already uploaded the batch for all the judges, sorry.
Wafles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 12:42 PM   #344
Wafles
FFR Player

[IcyWorld] DARK LEGACY - rejected
- Lots of incorrect 24th rythms, especially at the beginning
- Some overlayering
- Some possibly dumpy 16ths int he first half
I would have probably gone conditional for this if we didn't already have a file for this song in the pack. Compared to my file you did take quite a different approach, and its not really bad or anything but we just liked my file a little better and I don't really want this as a second difficulty, sorry bud.

[IcyWorld] Elektrick U-Phoria - accepted
No complaints, this is cool as hell. I actually did spend a while looking for technical errors in this but honestly didn't find any lol.

[IcyWorld] Hollywood Galaxy - accepted
If the length was any longer I might have gotten bored but at only 85s long I can see this as being worth taking. Believe it or not we actually don't have *that* much handstream in the pack either so that's not a bad thing either. Also no technical errors found. Might get some subjective dislike of this chart for song choice but I don't think its bad at all.

[IcyWorld] INSOMNIA - accepted
This is...really different. I'm digging it. Definitely accepting. Starting the file with a 24th roll is kinda cruel though lol. Otherwise lots of interesting variety and cool patterns.

[IcyWorld] Miracle 5ympho X - accepted
Only complaint we have is the [12][34] stuff for the machine gun part. Feels a little...bland? The whole file is fun IMO, including that jumptrill part, it just didn't feel very creative. Still worth accepting, as the chart is still a lot of fun.

[IcyWorld] Proof of the existence - accepted
IMO this is one of your most interesting and fun files you've ever made. Some hard to MA sections might deter some more advanced MA players but for intermediate players I think this is an insanely fun file.

[IcyWorld] S!ck - accepted
lmao would you believe i stepped over half of this song then lost it to a ddream crash? I personally like your approach better than what mine was anyway and I'm happy that a file for this song is going to end up in this pack.
One complaint: a couple of gay lead-ins to rolls (http://puu.sh/a8PrV/e4b9359cd9.jpg and http://puu.sh/a8PvE/fdcdf35856.jpg)
Once again, didn't really find any technical errors. That 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 part is really...s!ck hhhehhehe

[Yulanik] Fairy Dance - fixes recieved, putting them in pack

Gabbarena - rejected (who stepped this?)
- Probably too much copy paste
- minijacks basically come from nowhere and there arent any good audio cues for them
- Song is amusing but overall its just too repetetive to be worth it
- Long jacks towards the end start becoming more of a burden than a selling point for the file IMO
I would consider a massively revised version of this but I would recommend talking to me on Skype first, as there's only 5 days until submissions close.

[Leo137] Hymn - accepted
Holy shit this is incredible. Easily the most fun I've ever had at 210+ bpm. Sick sick sick sick sick file.
Absolutely zero complaints, easily one of the most replaybly fun files in the pack for me at the moment. Its one of those files that looks a lot harder than it is, 215 bpm stamina dense jumpstream has never been this easy before and its all thanks to good pattern choices and clever usage of the sustained jumps during the long held vocals. I'm legitimately impressed with this file.

[Leo137] I want you - accepted
To be honest I probably would've rejected this if the bpm were closer to some of the other stuff you submitted, not because its a bad file but because it wouldn't have really added anything new to the pack, but the fact that this is 168 bpm and has some dense jumpstream in it is highly appealing to me to put in the pack as this is the type of stuff that more advanced beginning players will really find fun (I know I would have been gay for this chart a year ago). Its well done, just like your other jumpstream files and definitely a fun one to put in the pack. Good job keeping this file short, as I think that is highly appealing to a lot of people as well.

[Leo137] Need U More - accepted
Jacks holy shit lol. Really well done, really unique song too. Glad to have this one in the pack (also I have to quote what skwid said for this rofl: "11/10. perfect. i will suck your dick for making this file. i was not expecting much from that preview music.")

[Leo137] Off Tha Heezie - conditional
I would seriously accept this as is but those 3 note 32nd rolls (like 123123123123123) are really annoying given the context of the file. Beyond that I have no problems with the chart but those 32nds present such a weird difficulty spike that I can't really justify taking it as is. Clean these up to something like full rolls or even trills or something, or splitrolls, or rollstreams idk but anything other than what it is now lol.

[CAFO] kil - conditional
only reason why this isnt accepted is because you didn't cut the mp3, please cut the mp3 and make sure its synced properly then send it in again, we already have enough to do in terms of graphics and pack organization without having to worry about cutting MP3s for people. we also need a cdtitle for you, if you don't provide one we'll just come up with a simple one for you and you probably wont like it because we're not gonna spend a lot of time on stuff like that.
lol why did you intentionally use the wrong bpm just to color everything into 24th rythms?
Its actually pretty interesting considering its a bleepybloopy file, definitely worth accepting.

Last edited by Wafles; 07-13-2014 at 02:21 PM..
Old 07-13-2014, 12:50 PM   #345
icontrolyourworld
Enjoy life!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

:3
icontrolyourworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:16 PM   #346
Wafles
FFR Player

Reminder, all submissions and revisions must be in by this Friday by 11:59pm EST. After the deadline I'm going to try and get reviews posted the following day, at which point there will be no conditional files anymore, everything will either be accepted or rejected. There may be cases where we accept a file that still needs a few fixes, in which case I will try and work directly with the sim author to get it sorted out ASAP.

Best estimate at the moment is that the pack will have about 110 files. Launch is still expected to be on schedule and be released on the 25th.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:22 PM   #347
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

lame. miracle sympho needs one handed trills for the machine gun

or jacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:11 PM   #348
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

is sinister evolution being accepted as an alt chart or should I fix up
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:25 PM   #349
Wafles
FFR Player

Eh, idk. I'll run it by the other judges once again to see if I was just overreacting to how close some of the mines were. I still think they should be loosened up just a touch but you made it pretty clear you don't want to do that.

I'll see if I can get an answer by tonight.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:33 AM   #350
Buta-san
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Buta-san

Sorry that I never got around to step black cloak. I wanna hold that for the next yolo series. Couldnt finish polishing this and adding heavy chart on time.
Buta-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:12 PM   #351
Wafles
FFR Player

Wasn't black cloak skeleton accepted a while ago? It already has graphics... lol

Absolute last reminder to send any updates/fixes/submissions. I will be ignoring all emails sent after the deadline. I will also be posting reviews tonight after the submission deadline comes to a close (a little under 11 hours from now). The song list will be set in stone by tonight. If for some reason you need to send a fix after the deadline you will be required to communicate directly with me on Skype.

Also, absolutely no files will be held over for future yolomania packs. It's either this or nothing.

Last edited by Wafles; 07-18-2014 at 12:15 PM..
Old 07-18-2014, 11:57 PM   #352
Wafles
FFR Player

Submissions now officially closed

First, reviews:

[rparty89] Diavolo - Accepted
This is far from a technical file but it works, actually quite fun.
Your sync was off by a fair bit (about a 48th early at the bpm of the song) so we fixed this. Seeing as it was just a simple sync adjustment I think this is fine, if its not let me know on Skype or something and we can work it out.

[rparty89] Go Beyond - Rejected
This file has been done way too many times and I'm not really willing to add to that problem. It's a decently well done file but it doesn't really add anything new to the pack and it certainly doesn't add anything new to the game as a whole seeing as I had 7 different versions of this file alone, not including the jazzy mix. It's just been beaten to death, sorry bud.

[CAFO] kill - Accepted
Thanks for cutting the mp3
I still would also like to know if you have the title/author exactly right, it doesn't seem like it at first glance.

[7_VI] Black or White - Accepted
Funny thing for this, the batch previous to this had Caliber step a file for this but we liked your approach as well, and it was different enough to justify accepting. So there will be two files for Black or White in the pack, we are not combining into two difficulties on one file.

[7_VI] The Last Striker - Accepted
That trill section is incredibly unique and pretty much makes the file, would've been kinda generic otherwise but we really liked this file overall. Cool stuff.

[7_VI] Vajra - Rejected
Definitely was borderline for us but we aren't doing any conditionals for this batch since its the last one, and its got just a few too many issues to warrant accepting at the moment. Would like to see this cleaned up a bit and submitted to another pack in the future, the potential is there.
Some notes:
- Quite a few errors in terms of missing notes and jacks, not going to point them all out.
- http://puu.sh/ahFvf/af71d34252.png stuff like this is probably overlayered and annoying to play, the bpm isn't super fast but this is a polyrythm with holds and with jacks, squeaking by it is not hard, playing it accurately is.
- generally the holds+jacks thing was the biggest gripe I could see having with this file, they're not really bad but it was sort of too different compared to what most people like playing, and generally complicated hold files don't get a lot of play from everything I see, so while this isn't an objective fault it is a decent subjective one.

[rogdor] Outbreak - Accepted
Another solid file from you. Difficulty without the mines will probably be appreciated by some people, I personally found it fun with and without so that's cool. No complaints on our end, really fun file.

[rogdor] Unpleasant Sonata - Accepted
I don't know why I doubted you, but when I went into this I thought for sure I was gonna end up rejecting it since a relatively popular version of this file is in nuclear blast (4? or 3, I forgot right now). This is a lot more heavy on minijacks and overall a much more technical version of this song compared to the nuclear blast version, and quite fun to boot. The ending is so trolly, but it makes a lot of sense given the context of the file so it's defnitely the fun kind of trolly end. Good work again, glad to have this one.

One note on unpleasant sonata - the only problem we could argue about is the 3344 minijacks. they're not all bad, but there's one REALLY nasty one leading into a gay jumptrill + minijack at 47.650. at the very least, i would request that particular one to be changed into like 2233 or something, though its ultimately up to you since its accepted regardless.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks once again to all the submissions and people willing to send their hard work to us. It's always a lot of fun reviewing new files and you guys got into this a lot more than I thought everyone would initially. I would not have predicted that we would end up with more than 100 files, and I can honestly say I'm very happy with the song selection and number of very fun files in this pack and I can't wait to share it with you all.

Release will be one week from today, Friday the 25th. We'll try to get it out and released by early evening.

In the mean while, I have a lot of graphics to do and other things so expect to see me being very busy on the graphics help page. I'll continue to post all my graphics so that anyone interested knows what not to work on.

Thanks again!

Last edited by Wafles; 07-19-2014 at 12:03 AM..
Old 07-19-2014, 12:02 AM   #353
rparty89
FFR Player

when was i blaziken XD
Old 07-19-2014, 12:02 AM   #354
Wafles
FFR Player

I'm retarded LOL
Old 07-19-2014, 12:17 AM   #355
choof
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
is sinister evolution being accepted as an alt chart or should I fix up
hi helo how r u
Old 07-19-2014, 12:18 AM   #356
Wafles
FFR Player

Shit I knew I forgot something.

Skwid voted to put it in as a second difficulty so I'm gonna side with Skwid. We'll add it as a second difficulty.

Actually would you be able to send the sm with it added to the difficulties you both want? I'm not sure where to put each chart
Old 07-19-2014, 01:05 AM   #357

Did you not get my submission...?
___________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 01:08 AM   #358
Wafles
FFR Player

We did, I tried hitting you up on Skype and replied to the email. Its got a major sync issue, if you fix it quickly and send it back in we'll still take a look.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:20 AM   #359

nvm, don't judge it then [p.s. attempting to browse/post on a Wii console fucking sucks]
___________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 02:13 AM   #360
choof
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafles View Post
Shit I knew I forgot something.

Skwid voted to put it in as a second difficulty so I'm gonna side with Skwid. We'll add it as a second difficulty.

Actually would you be able to send the sm with it added to the difficulties you both want? I'm not sure where to put each chart
yoshl's was heavy when he sent it to me so make mine challenge