Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Audio and Music Production
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2013, 07:56 PM   #1
Arkuski
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Arkuski Send a message via Skype™ to Arkuski
Default Re: Need music recommendations | 1 year challenge

I listened to this for the first time a few days ago and I couldn't really into it. It was funny though, I played "Up" in front of my gf and we started doing this impromptu jungle dance it was hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
i can appreciate a good looking woman when i see one and this one just happened to be my mom
Arkuski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:01 PM   #2
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Sleep Dealer is an old Foldger's commercial.

I'm not sure if this is canon, but I've heard that the concept behind this album is if humanity dies off, the next intelligent race finds a bunch of audio clips and tries to piece them back together, but does it incorrectly. A super interesting concept, even if it's not true.
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:39 PM   #3
Arkuski
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
I'm not sure if this is canon, but I've heard that the concept behind this album is if humanity dies off, the next intelligent race finds a bunch of audio clips and tries to piece them back together, but does it incorrectly. A super interesting concept, even if it's not true.
Can't the same be said for any sample-based album?

Quote:
i can appreciate a good looking woman when i see one and this one just happened to be my mom
Old 12-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #4
noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to noname219

Day Nineteen - December 19th, 2013
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

You're Living All Over Me by Dinosaur Jr. (recommended by rayword45)

1. Little Fury Things
2. Kracked
3. Sludgefeast
4. The Lung
5. Raisans
6. Tarpit
7. In a Jar
8. Lose
9. Poledo

Today, I had to listen to You're Living All Over Me, an album by Dinosaur Jr. that was released in 1987. The album received considerable attention at the time and is now considered a classic of indie and alternative rock music. Dinosaur Jr. was formed by J Mascis (vocals, guitar), Lou Barlow (vocals, bass) and Murph (drums) and You're Living All Over Me is their second LP.

The influences on the album are very diverse : you get a doomy sound on Sludgefeast, especially the main riff that sounds like 70s Black Sabbath. The very first seconds of Little Fury Things, which caught me by surprise, sounds like depressive black metal with those high pitch screams over an intense lo-fi guitar. Weird way to introduce an album like that. There's also this bizarre noise transition in Poledo at 1:40, out of nowhere. The song is more quiet and is a strange inclusion if you ask me because it sounds like nothing else on the record. I may find all those little moments out of place, but they are original and they forge the album its own identity. The band has the ability to surprise the listener when you least expect them.

The vocalist surely have no formal training whatsoever. On first listen, he really sounds terrible. I suspect it gets better and better the more you listen to him. For me, that's what ruined the album. His guitar work however is freaking awesome. It's raw, expressive, powerful. Definitely one of the best guitar performance I've heard. Solid riffs everywhere, the solos are all amazing. The bass and drums work are tight and heavy. In that sense, the musicianship is one of the strong points of the band.

Minus the vocals, I would probably rate this album 8 or even 9 stars. I will listen to it again, just to give me a second opinion.

My rating : ★★★★★★★☆☆☆

4th 7-star album in a row.
noname219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:32 PM   #5
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkuski View Post
Can't the same be said for any sample-based album?
I wouldn't think so. Replica is solely samples iirc, no synthesis.
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:03 PM   #6
noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Happy birthday Xayphon!

Day Twenty - December 20th, 2013

SHINE EP by TEK.LUN (recommended by Xayphon)

1. Shoot 'Cha Down
2. RED
3. I.O.U.
4. Nova (ext)
5. Corn & Beef 22
6. Bouchin' Hard
7. Man Wit No Face
8. BNKS

TEK.LUN (short for Teknowledge Lunerium) is a Maryland-based musician who started making music since 2006. His music is influenced by 9th Wonder, Flying Lotus, J Dilla and Rusko just to name a few. Shine is the first EP I'm reviewing.

The main issue I had with this album was the choice of some effects. For example, in Shoot 'Cha Down, the guitar-synth layer is way too agressive that it becomes ear-gratting. The songs ends abruptly, but I don't know if the problem was the version on Bandcamp I was listening to. Not sure about the voice on I.O.U.. The song has a very smooth moody downtempo sound with a huge bass line, but the voice is really off-putting. On Man Wit No Face, the violin and the Newgrounds-like melody are a too present for what they're worth. Not a particularly impressive song : it goes everywhere but doesn't accomplish much.

At other times, when he's more wary, the ambiance gets really comfortable. RED is fantastic and has a really cool reverberated spacey effect going on. Nova (ext) is a solid nu-jazz track and Corn & Beef 22 is relaxing, although a bit repetitive.

In general, the mix of the different inspirations could be blended even more and it would be beneficial. I think when he's hasty, that's where he hurts his output. He just has to be more patient and let the music grows by itself.

My rating : ★★★★★★☆☆☆☆
Old 12-18-2013, 06:10 AM   #7
EzExZeRo7497
FFR Veteran

Replica sounds like an interesting album, might listen to that as well

Also recommending Seven Idiots by World's End Girlfriend. Album's extremely experimental, so I really wonder what's your opinion on it.
EzExZeRo7497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:17 AM   #8
L.B.D.D
FFR Player

hipsterS
L.B.D.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:23 PM   #9
noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Day Eighteen - December 18th, 2013

October Language by Belong (recommended by EzExZeRo7497)

1. I Never Lose. Never Really
2. Red Velvet or Northing
3. October Language
4. I'm Too Sleepy...Shall We Swim?
5. Remove the Inside
6. Who Told You This Room Exists?
7. All Equal Now
8. The Door Opens the Other Way

Belong is a duo composed of Turk Dietrich and Michael Jones from New Orleans. Four years after their formation, they decided to release their first LP October Language with the help of Joshua Estis at masterization, who already worked with Dietrich in the past. October Language was recorded in 2004, but only went out in 2006.

Not the kind of music I can fully describe by words, but I'll try anyway. It's an interesting exercise in style and a very slow moving album, punctuated by strong distortion. There's barely any str░ucture. It can be hypnotic if you're waiting for "something" to happen. After a while, you get engulfed by the loudness and you just don't care about the pacing░. I surprised myself into thinking of how short the album was. I thought it was only 30 minutes when in reality, it's clocking at 4░5 minutes.

There's some moments where it feels like post-rock or shoegaze, the self-titled song Oct░ober Languag░e for exampl▒e tu░rns into intense feedback. In All Equal Now or The Door░ Opens the Other Way, I had the imp▒▓יּression to hﮦe░a▒r one continuous noteﺄ w▒יּ░hen i░n fact, it changes very ░s░lightly.ﭹ You do▓n't feel it. And when y░ou do something else w░hen listening▒ to t▓░hﮦis░, it'▒ﮃs r░e░verbe░ration▓ on you. ▒a▓nd ░you ░feיּeﮦl ▓a nAtur▓al att░ract░ioﮃn ░wi٬th th░░e m▒u░░sic░, it g▒░░▒ets░ lo░udיּeꜚ▓ﮦ٠░r ﮃan٬d░ ░lOUderﮦ░. ٠▓I░░t's▒ eﭹﺄ٬c▓░▒hoed ▒in ▓░░y▒o▒ur mind ٠aﺄ▒ﺄn░d░ ٠i▒t ▒Fe░░elﺄ▒sיּ like ▓▒t░h▓ꜚe m▒ﭹיּ░Us▓ﺄ▒▓ꜚ▒i░▓ﮃ░c░░▓ geTs LO▓▒udﭹ▓er,er▓▒░▓ y░o▒urﮃ ▒▓▓▓▓s▒o▓▓▒Ul ▓was ▒fe░e▓▓l▒I▓▓n▓g ░░░▓pg̾ͨͮ̽ͣ̎̅͏̧͏͏̫͙̻͎̙̠͎̲̼̝̘̳̙art ▒▒▒of ▓the s▒▓▓ﭹ▒g̾ͨͮ̽ͣ̎̅͏̧͏͏̫͙̻͎̙̠͎̲̼̝̘̳̙so▒un▓▒░░d▒▒░, ▓▒l▓▒oUdEﺩ▓ꜚ ▒▒ꜚ▓▓▒יּLﭹ▒▓░O▒▓U▒▒▒d ▓s▓▓▓o▒u▒יּ▒▓n▒d. L▓░OUN▒ꜚ▓▒D▒▒ ▓▒Aꜗיּ▓⁞▒▒▒L▒L h░a▒▓,I▓▓▓L▒ ﺫ▒▒▒▒▓▓▓꜡ﺄs▒∙▓aꜗ▒῾▒▒ꜚ▒N ▒ﮦ▒▒⁞T░▒A▒N ▒Cꜘꜚ▒▒░▒ﻔﱟO▒ꜙ▒s▒▒h̨̡̩̦̯̮̯ͪ͒̏͗̒͂̏̀̆̑̏̏̒ͨ̿͌ͧ̚͢͜o̡̨͙͎̪̰̐ͣ̀̏͛͒̒̔͗ͩͦ̃ͯ̌̀N▓٠ꜗ▓▓▓ﻤꜞ▓ꜗ▓ﻔu▓▒M▓ꜚ▒▓ꜙ▓▓▓▒▒ﱞ▓Eﻔ▓░▒▒▓▒ ▓░▓fﱟ▓L▒e▒S▓▒῾יּhꜘ..▓ﮃ░ﺫꜚ▓▒,▒.░▒^ ▒▒▓▓▒▒ꜗ▒▒g̾ͨͮ̽ͣ̎̅͏̧͏͏̫͙̻͎̙̠͎̲̼̝̘̳̙▓f̡̞͔̺͍͈͎̣̝̺̀̊̅͒ͦ▓꜡▒∙▒ﬞ▓ꞈ▓ꜗ░▓▓ꜙﺄﮃ▓ꜞ▓▓▓ꜘư̶̧̢̫̝̯̜͛̅͗ͤ͗̒̓ͦ͌́ͥ̾ͨ͌̂̀f̡̞͔̺͍͈͎̣̝̺̀̊̅͒ͦ▒▓ꜗ▒▓⁞^h̨̡̩̦̯̮̯ͪ͒̏͗̒͂̏̀̆̑̏̏̒ͨ̿͌ͧ̚͢͜o̡̨͙͎̪̰̐ͣ̀̏͛͒̒̔͗ͩͦ̃ͯ̌̀▓▒∙▓▓▓▒ﺩ▓^░▓ꜘ^▓▓▒ꜞ᷈▒∙▓▓▒▓░ꜘ▒▒Y░▓▒꜠▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒OU▒h░h̨̡̩̦̯̮̯ͪ͒̏͗̒͂̏̀̆̑̏̏̒ͨ̿͌ͧ̚͢͜o̡̨͙͎̪̰̐ͣ̀̏͛͒̒̔͗ͩͦ̃ͯ̌̀῾▓▓▓▓▒⁞᷈ۥ▒ꜙ▒ﻔꞈꜙCﺀ░ۥ῟▒A٬ꜚ░꜠Nﱟ᷈ﻤꜗﱞ▓▓ꜗ▓▒ݦ▒ݦe▒ꜚ▓▓▓▓▒░▒▒▓░▓ﱟ▒Nꞈ▒▒꜠░Oﻔh̨̡̩̦̯̮̯ͪ͒̏͗̒͂̏̀̆̑̏̏̒ͨ̿͌ͧ̚͢͜f̡̞͔̺͍͈͎̣̝̺̀̊̅͒ͦo̡̨͙͎̪̰̐ͣ̀̏͛͒̒̔͗ͩͦ̃ͯ̌̀▒▒▓░ꜛ꜠⁞▓▓ꜗﱞ▒▒▒ﺩ▓▓▓▓٬ꜙ▒῾῾῾░‖▒▓▓▓Tl᷂E▓▒ꜘ▓Vݦᵙ▓ꜗꜘꜘAs̩͉̲̦̲̼̜̲̘ͮ́̐̽̉́͘͢͝▓꜠▒ﱟﺀ᷈▒h̨̡̩̦̯̮̯ͪ͒̏͗̒͂̏̀̆̑̏̏̒ͨ̿͌ͧ̚͢͜o̡̨͙͎̪̰̐ͣ̀̏͛͒̒̔͗ͩͦ̃ͯ̌̀῟▓░▓⁞Dꜞﻤ▒ꜙ▒▓▒▒⁞▓ꜗ▓▓ꜘ░▒░▓▓▓░▓░ꜙ▓▒▓f̡̞͔̺͍͈͎̣̝̺̀̊̅͒ͦEf̡̞͔̺͍͈͎̣̝̺̀̊̅͒ͦ▒▓s̩͉̲̦̲̼̜̲̘ͮ́̐̽̉́͘͢͝h̨̡̩̦̯̮̯ͪ͒̏͗̒͂̏̀̆̑̏̏̒ͨ̿͌ͧ̚͢͜o̡̨͙͎̪̰̐ͣ̀̏͛͒̒̔͗ͩͦ̃ͯ̌̀ꜘ▓ꜚ▒ꜚ▓▓᷂῾p░ݦꜗ∙῟▒▓▓ﬞ░⁞▒▓▓ꜘ▒▓ꜚ▓▒ﺓ░᷂▓▒ꜗ▓▒⁞▓▓▒ꜘ▓h̨̡̩̦̯̮̯ͪ͒̏͗̒͂̏̀̆̑̏̏̒ͨ̿͌ͧ̚͢͜o̡̨͙͎̪̰̐ͣ̀̏͛͒̒̔͗ͩͦ̃ͯ̌̀▒ۥ▒ꜙꜘ▒░▓▓‖῾▓ᵙꜗ▒░░ﬞﬞﺓ░ꜛ▒꜡▒f̡̞͔̺͍͈͎̣̝̺̀̊̅͒ͦ▓ꜘ▒ﱞꞈﱞ★▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ꜗ▓ꜗ῾ﺦﱞ᷈٬c͛̈̑͌̃͒͆̍̚͏̸͏̺̯͉̥̻̖̱̘̜͎͇̟̀g̾ͨͮ̽ͣ̎̅͏̧͏͏̫͙̻͎̙̠͎̲̼̝̘̳̙g̾ͨͮ̽ͣ̎̅͏̧͏͏̫͙̻͎̙̠͎̲̼̝̘̳̙
░░▓h̨̡̩̦̯̮̯ͪ͒̏͗̒͂̏̀̆̑̏̏̒ͨ̿͌ͧ̚͢͜o̡̨͙͎̪̰̐ͣ̀̏͛͒̒̔͗ͩͦ̃ͯ̌̀f̧͙̮̙̼͚̲͔ͬͪ̃̏́̔̈ͭͤͪ͐ͭ̕͟͝▓ꜘ▒ꜙꜞꜞ▓ﱟ░ꜚg̾ͨͮ̽ͣ̎̅͏̧͏͏̫͙̻͎̙̠͎̲̼̝̘̳̙▓░ꜞꜞ꜡░▒h̨̡̩̦̯̮̯ͪ͒̏͗̒͂̏̀̆̑̏̏̒ͨ̿͌ͧ̚͢͜o̡̨͙͎̪̰̐ͣ̀̏͛͒̒̔͗ͩͦ̃ͯ̌̀▓▓░▓▓o̪̰̰̹̠̼̩̗̮͇̩̬̜͍̰̙̤̩͊̔̈ͭ͐ͩ̈ͭ̽ͯͬ̒̉͐̈́ͧ̀͘͢͡͝ꞈ▓∙h̨̡̩̦̯̮̯ͪ͒̏͗̒͂̏̀̆̑̏̏̒ͨ̿͌ͧ̚͢͜o̡̨͙͎̪̰̐ͣ̀̏͛͒̒̔͗ͩͦ̃ͯ̌̀▒▓▓▓▒ﱞ▒▒▓ꜙꜘ▒▓▓░▒῟ﺀꜚ▒▓▓꜠▓▒⁞▒▓▒▒ꜙ▓ꜜ▓▓░▓░░▒▒▒ư̶̧̢̫̝̯̜͛̅͗ͤ͗̒̓ͦ͌́ͥ̾ͨ͌̂̀▒▒▒▓g̾ͨͮ̽ͣ̎̅͏̧͏͏̫͙̻͎̙̠͎̲̼̝̘̳̙▒▒o̪̰̰̹̠̼̩̗̮͇̩̬̜͍̰̙̤̩͊̔̈ͭ͐ͩ̈ͭ̽ͯͬ̒̉͐̈́ͧ̀͘͢͡͝▒f̡̞͔̺͍͈͎̣̝̺̀̊̅͒ͦ▒▒⁞▒▓▒▒ꜗꜘꜗﺀﻤﻤﱟf̡̞͔̺͍͈͎̣̝̺̀̊̅͒ͦ
░▒ȃͤͥ̎̏ͦ͛̿ͣͭ̔̈ͤ̔̃̊҉̸̸̢͖̞͎̪͖͖͖̣͙͍̞͔̦͈̜̩͡o̪̰̰̹̠̼̩̗̮͇̩̬̜͍̰̙̤̩͊̔̈ͭ͐ͩ̈ͭ̽ͯͬ̒̉͐̈́ͧ̀͘͢͡͝▒h̨̡̩̦̯̮̯ͪ͒̏͗̒͂̏̀̆̑̏̏̒ͨ̿͌ͧ̚͢͜h̨̡̩̦̯̮̯ͪ͒̏͗̒͂̏̀̆̑̏̏̒ͨ̿͌ͧ̚͢͜o̡̨͙͎̪̰̐ͣ̀̏͛͒̒̔͗ͩͦ̃ͯ̌̀▒῾o̪̰̰̹̠̼̩̗̮͇̩̬̜͍̰̙̤̩͊̔̈ͭ͐ͩ̈ͭ̽ͯͬ̒̉͐̈́ͧ̀͘͢͡͝꜠░⁞▓ꞈ᷈ﱟﱞꞈ᷂g̾ͨͮ̽ͣ̎̅͏̧͏͏̫͙̻͎̙̠͎̲̼̝̘̳̙▒ﱟ▒ꜘ▓▓꜡▓▒o̪̰̰̹̠̼̩̗̮͇̩̬̜͍̰̙̤̩͊̔̈ͭ͐ͩ̈ͭ̽ͯͬ̒̉͐̈́ͧ̀͘͢͡͝▒c͛̈̑͌̃͒͆̍̚͏̸͏̺̯͉̥̻̖̱̘̜͎͇̟̀ﻔ∞░▓░░▓꜡᷈▒꜠꜠▓ȃͤͥ̎̏ͦ͛̿ͣͭ̔̈ͤ̔̃̊҉̸̸̢͖̞͎̪͖͖͖̣͙͍̞͔̦͈̜̩͡▒ꜝﻤۥ▒ꜗݦ▒▓▒▓h̨̡̩̦̯̮̯ͪ͒̏͗̒͂̏̀̆̑̏̏̒ͨ̿͌ͧ̚͢͜▓ꜚ꜡ᵊ░▒∙░░░▒░▓░░
░h̨̡̩̦̯̮̯ͪ͒̏͗̒͂̏̀̆̑̏̏̒ͨ̿͌ͧ̚͢͜▒ݦg̾ͨͮ̽ͣ̎̅͏̧͏͏̫͙̻͎̙̠͎̲̼̝̘̳̙▓ۥ∙῟ᵊ░g̾ͨͮ̽ͣ̎̅͏̧͏͏̫͙̻͎̙̠͎̲̼̝̘̳̙░ﱟ▓ۥ꜡ꜗ░٭꜡ꜘ᷂▒ﺀf̧͙̮̙̼͚̲͔ͬͪ̃̏́̔̈ͭͤͪ͐ͭ̕͟͝ꜝs̩͉̲̦̲̼̜̲̘ͮ́̐̽̉́͘͢͝ﱞ῾░٬o̵̷̻̺̞̘̤̙̥̣̱̮̭͍̱̺͗̄ͦͣ̃̂̇ͬ͠▓c͛̈̑͌̃͒͆̍̚͏̸͏̺̯͉̥̻̖̱̘̜͎͇̟̀ݦ░ȃͤͥ̎̏ͦ͛̿ͣͭ̔̈ͤ̔̃̊҉̸̸̢͖̞͎̪͖͖͖̣͙͍̞͔̦͈̜̩͡▒꜠▓░▒░▒▓ꜗꜙ
ꜙ░▓▓ﻔ▒ꜘ▒ꜙꜞ░c̴͇̮͍̲͓͍͖̹̻͇̹̫̟̽̎̈̍̾́͢ﻔc͛̈̑͌̃͒͆̍̚͏̸͏̺̯͉̥̻̖̱̘̜͎͇̟̀▒▓g̾ͨͮ̽ͣ̎̅͏̧͏͏̫͙̻͎̙̠͎̲̼̝̘̳̙▒ư̶̧̢̫̝̯̜͛̅͗ͤ͗̒̓ͦ͌́ͥ̾ͨ͌̂̀░s̩͉̲̦̲̼̜̲̘ͮ́̐̽̉́͘͢͝░᷂ݦ⁞ꜗ▒▓▓░ݦ░░░ꜙ▒ꜚ▒᷈░h̨̡̩̦̯̮̯ͪ͒̏͗̒͂̏̀̆̑̏̏̒ͨ̿͌ͧ̚͢͜ﱞ░░░░░
░∙░꜡o̪̰̰̹̠̼̩̗̮͇̩̬̜͍̰̙̤̩͊̔̈ͭ͐ͩ̈ͭ̽ͯͬ̒̉͐̈́ͧ̀͘͢͡͝g̾ͨͮ̽ͣ̎̅͏̧͏͏̫͙̻͎̙̠͎̲̼̝̘̳̙ȃͤͥ̎̏ͦ͛̿ͣͭ̔̈ͤ̔̃̊҉̸̸̢͖̞͎̪͖͖͖̣͙͍̞͔̦͈̜̩͡g̾ͨͮ̽ͣ̎̅͏̧͏͏̫͙̻͎̙̠͎̲̼̝̘̳̙ũ̎̃̾̈́͑̊̐̔̿͑̾ͮͧ̚̚҉̨̙̪̺̖̝͖̞̖͈͈̪̜̕͘h̨̡̩̦̯̮̯ͪ͒̏͗̒͂̏̀̆̑̏̏̒ͨ̿͌ͧ̚͢͜o̡̨͙͎̪̰̐ͣ̀̏͛͒̒̔͗ͩͦ̃ͯ̌̀ݦ▓h̶̡̓ͨͧ͂ͦ̏̆͊̆̓͒̍̑̅̔̏͞͡҉̼͓̪̣͔h̨̡̩̦̯̮̯ͪ͒̏͗̒͂̏̀̆̑̏̏̒ͨ̿͌ͧ̚͢͜o̡̨͙͎̪̰̐ͣ̀̏͛͒̒̔͗ͩͦ̃ͯ̌̀ﻤۥ٬g̾ͨͮ̽ͣ̎̅͏̧͏͏̫͙̻͎̙̠͎̲̼̝̘̳̙c͛̈̑͌̃͒͆̍̚͏̸͏̺̯͉̥̻̖̱̘̜͎͇̟̀ȃͤͥ̎̏ͦ͛̿ͣͭ̔̈ͤ̔̃̊҉̸̸̢͖̞͎̪͖͖͖̣͙͍̞͔̦͈̜̩͡o̵̷̻̺̞̘̤̙̥̣̱̮̭͍̱̺͗̄ͦͣ̃̂̇ͬ͠c͛̈̑͌̃͒͆̍̚͏̸͏̺̯͉̥̻̖̱̘̜͎͇̟̀
f̧͙̮̙̼͚̲͔ͬͪ̃̏́̔̈ͭͤͪ͐ͭ̕͟͝░▒ȃͤͥ̎̏ͦ͛̿ͣͭ̔̈ͤ̔̃̊҉̸̸̢͖̞͎̪͖͖͖̣͙͍̞͔̦͈̜̩͡h̨̡̩̦̯̮̯ͪ͒̏͗̒͂̏̀̆̑̏̏̒ͨ̿͌ͧ̚͢͜h̨̡̩̦̯̮̯ͪ͒̏͗̒͂̏̀̆̑̏̏̒ͨ̿͌ͧ̚͢͜o̡̨͙͎̪̰̐ͣ̀̏͛͒̒̔͗ͩͦ̃ͯ̌̀▒g̾ͨͮ̽ͣ̎̅͏̧͏͏̫͙̻͎̙̠͎̲̼̝̘̳̙h̶̡̓ͨͧ͂ͦ̏̆͊̆̓͒̍̑̅̔̏͞͡҉̼͓̪̣͔ũ̎̃̾̈́͑̊̐̔̿͑̾ͮͧ̚̚҉̨̙̪̺̖̝͖̞̖͈͈̪̜̕͘░o̵̷̻̺̞̘̤̙̥̣̱̮̭͍̱̺͗̄ͦͣ̃̂̇ͬ͠░ꜚ░ư̶̧̢̫̝̯̜͛̅͗ͤ͗̒̓ͦ͌́ͥ̾ͨ͌̂̀ũ̎̃̾̈́͑̊̐̔̿͑̾ͮͧ̚̚҉̨̙̪̺̖̝͖̞̖͈͈̪̜̕͘▒░░▓░
░c͛̈̑͌̃͒͆̍̚͏̸͏̺̯͉̥̻̖̱̘̜͎͇̟̀h̶̡̓ͨͧ͂ͦ̏̆͊̆̓͒̍̑̅̔̏͞͡҉̼͓̪̣͔c͛̈̑͌̃͒͆̍̚͏̸͏̺̯͉̥̻̖̱̘̜͎͇̟̀h̶̡̓ͨͧ͂ͦ̏̆͊̆̓͒̍̑̅̔̏͞͡҉̼͓̪̣͔h̶̡̓ͨͧ͂ͦ̏̆͊̆̓͒̍̑̅̔̏͞͡҉̼͓̪̣͔ư̶̧̢̫̝̯̜͛̅͗ͤ͗̒̓ͦ͌́ͥ̾ͨ͌̂̀o̵̷̻̺̞̘̤̙̥̣̱̮̭͍̱̺͗̄ͦͣ̃̂̇ͬ͠░f̧͙̮̙̼͚̲͔ͬͪ̃̏́̔̈ͭͤͪ͐ͭ̕͟͝f̧͙̮̙̼͚̲͔ͬͪ̃̏́̔̈ͭͤͪ͐ͭ̕͟͝h̶̡̓ͨͧ͂ͦ̏̆͊̆̓͒̍̑̅̔̏͞͡҉̼͓̪̣͔

My rating : ★★★★★★★☆☆☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
True or not, this is awesome.

Last edited by noname219; 12-18-2013 at 05:32 PM..
Old 12-18-2013, 04:24 PM   #10
LegitMusicProducer
FFR Player

Maybe one day to be reviewing my musics?

https://soundcloud.com/legitmusicproducer
LegitMusicProducer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:29 PM   #11
noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegitMusicProducer View Post
Maybe one day to be reviewing my musics?

https://soundcloud.com/legitmusicproducer
I can, I will probably listen to the 10-15 last songs you have on your Soundcloud when I choose it. Or you can tell me which songs you want me to review.

Last edited by noname219; 12-18-2013 at 04:39 PM..
Old 12-18-2013, 05:49 PM   #12
Arkuski
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

That review is supposed to be glitched out, right?

Quote:
Old 12-18-2013, 07:18 PM   #13
EzExZeRo7497
FFR Veteran

If the glitched out part of the review is a reference to one of the tracks in the album (I'm Too Sleepy.. Shall We Swim?), A+ review, would read again.

Probably isn't though, so I'll reread it once you're done, haha. The review is pretty solid nonetheless, the part-review you've made is definitely some of the reasons why I enjoy listening to this album.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:40 PM   #14
noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzExZeRo7497 View Post
If the glitched out part of the review is a reference to one of the tracks in the album (I'm Too Sleepy.. Shall We Swim?), A+ review, would read again.

Probably isn't though, so I'll reread it once you're done, haha. The review is pretty solid nonetheless, the part-review you've made is definitely some of the reasons why I enjoy listening to this album.
It's a reference to my mindset when I was listening to the album. Although it could really be a reference to I'm Too Sleepy, seeing how the progression on the song mirrors well what I "wrote".

It really challenged some of my preconceptions I had with drone music in general. The more I tried to write about it, the more I had difficulties. I realized soon enough that the album wasn't limited to some of the conventions we normally found in modern music. (especially rhythm and structure)

I won't make a lot of these type of reviews, but they're fun to write.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:27 PM   #15
EzExZeRo7497
FFR Veteran

October Language really is an unconventional album (compared to other drone albums), yeah. I tried to write about what the album is like, but it's really difficult to describe it, let alone in a way that actually sounds coherent.

It takes a while for the album to sink in completely though, so give it a few more listens during your free time. I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy it more than you already do.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:56 PM   #16
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

You definitely got me hooked with this last review. (I think I know where you're going with that from one of our earlier discussions...)

I've actually took the time to peruse through most of the suggestions itt and the ratio of drone/contemplative music is kind of surprising.

/added October Language to my wishlist
Crazyjayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:34 PM   #17
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Rating is pretty understandable. J's vocals are notoriously nasally. people listen for the guitar and bass, but the vocals can be a real turn-off (they definitely were at first for me, although I probably was turned off also because I listened to Green Mind first which sucks dick). Did you like the vocals on Lose and Poledo more?

1. I now wonder what you'll think of All Hail West Texas.
2. If you would, please switch Acid Bath with either Forest Of Equilibrium or Here Comes The Indian on the shortlist. Either or.

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:56 PM   #18
noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayword45 View Post
Did you like the vocals on Lose and Poledo more?
Definitely Poledo, I almost said it in my review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayword45 View Post
2. If you would, please switch Acid Bath with either Forest Of Equilibrium or Here Comes The Indian on the shortlist. Either or.
Will change to Forest of Equilibrium.
Old 12-21-2013, 01:55 AM   #19
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

By the way my birthday is July 30th. Your OP has a ? mark next to my name and I assume that's for birthday information.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:11 AM   #20
Xayphon
sausage
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Thanks for the review, I actually expected a below average rating since I feel like one's appreciation for this kind of music is either nil or high, as I noticed that with some of my mates. My favourite track on that album is actually I.O.U. (attn, word play: "I Owe You"), it just takes me to different places when I start listening to it. Weird thing is that I can't even recall a voice in that song without listening to it again, I completely surpress it.

Otherwise, I'd have to agree with you on everything else. The album has its flaws and strengths and to be honest, I haven't listened to it as a whole in a long time. I only recommended it because of the few songs that I liked on it. Either way, TEK.LUN is still a youngster (19 years old I believe?) and if he continues popping I'm pretty sure he'll be up there with FlyLo and 9th Wonder somewhere in the future. Judging from the time that has passed since he released SHINE I'm actually hoping he already got better, I need to start listening to that guy's new stuff.

Anywho, I hope you at least look forward to some more of my recommendations

Last edited by Xayphon; 12-21-2013 at 08:16 AM..
Xayphon is offline   Reply With Quote