Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-8-2006, 01:07 AM   #21
ckj846
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ckj846
Default Re: racism

About the video... I don't think it helped that they sent in a black reporter because if you notice, the white teacher is almost babying her and taking her step by step instead of spitting out what he really has to say. And rofl vash.
O_o
pyro31191: so they can buy dildos instead of fleshlights
ckj846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-9-2006, 08:13 PM   #22
Himmelfarht
FFR Player

Racism is wrong, plain and simple
Old 10-10-2006, 09:40 AM   #23
Hachi86
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Hachi86

As a multiracial person, i have heard/understood/considered both sides of the N-word argument. I personally have come to realize that most people who are "offended" just want something to whine about. It's just a word. I use the word occasionally to define a stupid person or an inconsiderate idiot OF ALL RACES. I dont limit it just to blacks. In my mind, a ****** can be black, white, hispanic, blue, martian, or otherwise.

250 in the Un-Catfish Pact of 2007

Class: Spread (Sub class - ASKL)
HP: 225 (16th stream combo speed)
Strength: 190 (max jack speed)
Defense: 165 (16th jump stream speed)
Speed: 280 (pass stream speed)
Accuracy: 89 (average percent of marvs)
Stamina: 250 (consistent 16th stream survival)
Evasion: 679 (comfort scroll rate)
Hachi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:43 AM   #24
duhh_
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me View Post
it depends on how its used.

if a white friend says "whats up my {censored}?" then its alright because its used in a friendly manner.

if a white guy u dont know says "get the {censored} away from me you dirty {censored}," then its used in a disrespectful manner that requires the said person to get his arse kicked.
that explains it all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokzic View Post
i hear there's this amazing new invention

it's called google

you take words that you want to know more about and you type them in and OH SHIT YOU GET INFORMATION
duhh_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 02:36 PM   #25
studmuffin51306
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to studmuffin51306

The "N-word" comes from the African word for black.
My teachers wouldn't get fired for calling a student black.
Did you know that the word sh** comes from the German word SheiBe, which means poop? It isn't a cuss word there, but it is here.

In my opinion the people who receive the most discrimination in today's society are white people. We don't get an NAACP. We don't get Scholarships because of the color of our skin. We don't get to call the president racist because of a hurricane.

Everyone's so caught up in what happened 50 years ago that they haven't realized they have more benefits than the constitution should even allow.

I have a black friend, he's at my house right now. We don't make a point in saying that he's black and I'm white. We're just good friends. He's playing FFR on my other computer and I'm typing here on this one. If he goes to college for anything it will be on athletics. If he ever said the "N-word" everyone's jaw would drop. If he said anything about anyone being racist, we'd know he's kidding, because he's more racist to himself than anyone else is. This is how it should be. But people are so obsessed with drawing attention towards themselves, and drawing attention toward what is long past that we still have this problem.
studmuffin51306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 02:55 PM   #26
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by studmuffin51306 View Post
The "N-word" comes from the African word for black.
My teachers wouldn't get fired for calling a student black.
Did you know that the word sh** comes from the German word SheiBe, which means poop? It isn't a cuss word there, but it is here.
rofl rofl rofl

"******" comes from the Spanish word "negro" meaning black, as in the color black. Calling a person black is generally considered impolite anyway (in formal situations, I mean... black is pretty much totally acceptable in everyday life...). As for the german word from which **** comes, who cares? Lots of **** comes from foreign languages. The word F word comes from a word which simply means "to copulate" or "to breed (as in animals)" but when used in English, it is considered offensive.

Quote:
In my opinion the people who receive the most discrimination in today's society are white people. We don't get an NAACP. We don't get Scholarships because of the color of our skin. We don't get to call the president racist because of a hurricane.
I agree for the most part. How about equal opportunity employers? That's not equal. If it was equal, a person in a minority would have EQUAL chances rather than receiving a LEG UP because they're a minority.

ps the president is racist

Quote:
Everyone's so caught up in what happened 50 years ago that they haven't realized they have more benefits than the constitution should even allow.
what
Old 10-10-2006, 05:08 PM   #27
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SCWolf Send a message via MSN to SCWolf Send a message via Skype™ to SCWolf

Racism is for fruits, and idiots.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:37 PM   #28
studmuffin51306
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
what
The civil rights movement. People still think it's happening. It's over, Long over.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:20 PM   #29
WillTalbot
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to WillTalbot Send a message via MSN to WillTalbot Send a message via Yahoo to WillTalbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypherToorima View Post
what bothered me the most about the video was when Renee said something along the lines of "You and others might be offended." Who are the others that 'You' didn't cover?
Exactly ...
WillTalbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:34 PM   #30
ebs2002
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ebs2002

If you think that whites are discriminated against, you need to take a sociology class.

Whites get the most opportunities in the world. Equal Opportunity Employer is about being fair to all people. If that black person doesn't get the job, it's a lot harder for him to find another job.

Also, the fact that it is much harder for a black man to get ahead in society, the fact that his skills can even be compared to yours...well, his is much more of an accomplishment. I'd rather have that man working for me than you, anyway.

In a perfect world, we wouldn't NEED equal opportunity laws or affirmative action laws. But until whites realize the hardships a black man faces every day...

I'd also like to add that I am 100% white.
ebs2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 05:20 PM   #31
Cj_leonine
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I agree with this although both are still offensive.

Ps. During the news cast she said the english teacher said a 6 letter word. . .

Best FC Before Avmiss Fix: . Be Princess . Hellbeat . End Night
Cj_leonine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 05:29 PM   #32
studmuffin51306
FFR Player

I have never taken a sociology class. I am a 15 year old who is just describing what he has observed. The only racism I see today is in support of minorities, not against them.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:44 PM   #33
ebs2002
FFR Player

Quote:
The only racism I see today is in support of minorities, not against them.
And where do you live? Where do you go to school? White suburbia, perhaps?
Old 10-11-2006, 06:22 PM   #34
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebs2002 View Post
If you think that whites are discriminated against, you need to take a sociology class.
rofl

Quote:
Whites get the most opportunities in the world. Equal Opportunity Employer is about being fair to all people.
Oh sorry. did I say "equal opportunity" before? I meant affirmative action. Affirmative action isn't fair to all people. It gives an advantage to minorities.

Quote:
If that black person doesn't get the job, it's a lot harder for him to find another job.
And what of the white person who is also struggling to get a job, but doesn't simply because the black man was automatically more likely to get hired because of his race. Now stop and think for a moment. Someone was more likely to get hired because of their race. That is not equality.

Quote:
Also, the fact that it is much harder for a black man to get ahead in society, the fact that his skills can even be compared to yours...well, his is much more of an accomplishment.
No.

No. No. No. Black people are equals. THEM BEING ABLE TO DO **** IS NOT SUPER AWESOME COOL WORK FOR THEM, IT IS SIMPLY THE FACT THAT THEY ARE NO BETTER OR WORSE THAN ANYONE ELSE, AND IF THEY ARE BETTER OR WORSE, IT IS BECAUSE OF THEIR HARD WORK (OR LACK THEREOF) AND NOT BECAUSE OF RACE.

Quote:
I'd rather have that man working for me than you, anyway.
And what happens when the most qualified person happens to be white, but a black man is hired instead because of affirmative action?

Quote:
In a perfect world, we wouldn't NEED equal opportunity laws or affirmative action laws. But until whites realize the hardships a black man faces every day...
ROFL ROFL ROFL

The black people of today are not the same black people who were slaves. They don't live forever. The black people of today are TOTALLY DIFFERENT PEOPLE WHO DO NOT HAVE THE LIFE EXPERIENCE OF HAVING BEEN A SLAVE, AND THE YOUNGER ONES DO NOT EVEN HAVE THE LIFE EXPERIENCE OF BEING TREATED AS A SECOND CLASS CITIZEN.

Quote:
I'd also like to add that I am 100% white.
orly i couldn't tell based on the fact that you have no idea about black people

The only TRUE racism that exists in this day and age, I'd say, would be small hick towns where the population consists of 100% white trash.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:27 PM   #35
ebs2002
FFR Player

Quote:
rofl

Oh sorry. did I say "equal opportunity" before? I meant affirmative action. Affirmative action isn't fair to all people. It gives an advantage to minorities.
It gives an advantage to minorities because statistically blacks are less likely to get an education, regardless of their IQ.

Quote:
And what of the white person who is also struggling to get a job, but doesn't simply because the black man was automatically more likely to get hired because of his race. Now stop and think for a moment. Someone was more likely to get hired because of their race. That is not equality.
It's forced equality. You know why he's more likely to get the job? Because there's less people like him trying to find work at higher pay-grades, and because a lot of people still don't see "colored people" as people worth hiring.

Quote:
No.

No. No. No. Black people are equals. THEM BEING ABLE TO DO **** IS NOT SUPER AWESOME COOL WORK FOR THEM, IT IS SIMPLY THE FACT THAT THEY ARE NO BETTER OR WORSE THAN ANYONE ELSE, AND IF THEY ARE BETTER OR WORSE, IT IS BECAUSE OF THEIR HARD WORK (OR LACK THEREOF) AND NOT BECAUSE OF RACE.
Haha. You really have no idea. How come Ashlee Simpson is going to an ivy league university, while intelligent black people who grew up in the ghetto has to settle for a community college because his 3.8GPA at the ghetto doesn't say as much as your 3.8GPA in white suburbia. He grew up in the ghetto and by default received a much worse education than you did, and without Affirmative Action he would not be able to get an education worth a damn, even though he has the same potential as you do (if not more, since he had to work harder to survive in the ghetto than you did in suburbia).

Quote:
And what happens when the most qualified person happens to be white, but a black man is hired instead because of affirmative action?
It's not about how many letters you have after your name, or who you studied under. It's about your potential. And, believe it or not, somebody who grew up in the ghetto and made it to college has worked a LOT harder than someone who grew up in a large house in the suburbs.
Quote:
ROFL ROFL ROFL

The black people of today are not the same black people who were slaves. They don't live forever. The black people of today are TOTALLY DIFFERENT PEOPLE WHO DO NOT HAVE THE LIFE EXPERIENCE OF HAVING BEEN A SLAVE, AND THE YOUNGER ONES DO NOT EVEN HAVE THE LIFE EXPERIENCE OF BEING TREATED AS A SECOND CLASS CITIZEN.
ORLY? Explain why a black man is 8x more likely to wind up in jail than a white man is. I know you'll argue that they commit more crimes, but ask yourself why this is the case.

Quote:
The only TRUE racism that exists in this day and age, I'd say, would be small hick towns where the population consists of 100% white trash.
Wake up. It may not be as prevalent in your geographic region, or of people your age, but across the country it's still something the average black man has to deal with every day.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:57 PM   #36
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
How come Ashlee Simpson is going to an ivy league university
because she's rich and famous

ps if that statistic you fed about a black man being 8x times more likely to be in jail than a white man is true (I ctrl+F'd the link you put and found no instance of 8 or eight that had anything to do with what you said), it's because crime rates are much higher in ghettos and LE GASP ghettos are often highly populated with black people. If whites were in thsoe ghettos in place of black people, the statistic would be more like "there are 8x as many white men in jail than black" Race is irrelevent. What you're getting at is socioeconomic standing. They're not the same thing.

pps I grew up in what could easily be described as ghetto. I'm currently going to college. It's really not a big deal.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:01 PM   #37
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Oh and bu the way, debating equality is useless anyway, because this isn't a communist country (ie a country where everyone is equal). This is a capitalist country. In other words, money talks, and it just so happens that in many instances black people don't have money.

Don't forget however that there are many white people without money as well. We're not talking about a society in which white people are all rich and black people are all poor. We're talking about a society in which races are spread out over the spectrum with some black people being extremely wealthy, some being extremely poor, and even some white people being extremely wealthy and others being extremely poor.

You can't really say that black people need help. There are many black people who do well for themselves. And to say that white people will do just fine because they're white is bull****. It's money that's needed, not race.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:49 PM   #38
ebs2002
FFR Player

From the article I linked:
Quote:
Overall, 4.8 percent of black males were in prison or jails, compared to 1.7 percent of Hispanics and 0.6 percent of whites.
I agree 100% that it's more about money. And I agree with trying to help out people who don't have as much money. But those people are largely black. Ergo, blacks on the whole don't have the same opportunities that whites have.

Regardless, there's still plenty of racism that people come across every day. If you grew up in the ghetto, I'm surprised you haven't taken notice.

And kudos for getting to college. You may not think it was that hard, but when you look at how many of your old classmates made it to college, I bet you'd find that it's a lot lower than where I grew up (in suburbia).
Old 10-12-2006, 03:14 PM   #39
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

ebs, you're freaking retarded.

Minorities have far more power being oppressed than they ever would have being free.

If you really think minorities are still being oppressed, explain why affirmative action allows a minority with lesser credentials to be chosen above me.

Explain why it's encouraged for minorities to create minority pride groups, parades, etc, yet it's racist for me to support a "white pride" group.

Explain how a teacher making an innocent comment can be persecuted by his actions because of the color of his skin.

Get off your self-righteous high horse. All you "equal rights" supporters don't want equal rights, you want special rights. And if you weren't such a complete moron, you'd realize that by trying to recognize and compensate for the alleged "disadvantages" minorities face, you're inherently spreading and propogating racism by even acknowledging that there's a difference.
Anticrombie0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 03:50 PM   #40
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticrombie0909 View Post
ebs, you're freaking retarded.

Minorities have far more power being oppressed than they ever would have being free.

If you really think minorities are still being oppressed, explain why affirmative action allows a minority with lesser credentials to be chosen above me.

Explain why it's encouraged for minorities to create minority pride groups, parades, etc, yet it's racist for me to support a "white pride" group.

Explain how a teacher making an innocent comment can be persecuted by his actions because of the color of his skin.

Get off your self-righteous high horse. All you "equal rights" supporters don't want equal rights, you want special rights. And if you weren't such a complete moron, you'd realize that by trying to recognize and compensate for the alleged "disadvantages" minorities face, you're inherently spreading and propogating racism by even acknowledging that there's a difference.

Usually when Anti posts, I completely agree with it. This is one of those times. He's 100% correct.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
JurseyRider734 is offline   Reply With Quote