I dont know

Im sure cenrighht does

DONT BE BUGGIN
Old 01-3-2004, 09:39 AM   #3
squarebear
FFR Music Producers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

http://www.sciencemadesimple.com/sky_blue.html
It's to do with the scattering of light from the sun.
Old 01-3-2004, 10:09 AM   #4
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

When sunlight streams in through the atmosphere, the gases scatter the sun waves and thus the sky takes on a blue quality. At night there is less sun coming in, and the atmosphere is clear, which is why you see all the stars at night. Simple.
Old 01-3-2004, 10:34 AM   #5
Musical_Master
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Musical_Master

Durrrrrr, becuase people color the sky?
Old 01-3-2004, 11:54 AM   #6
aleco
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to aleco

Because God made it that way.
Old 01-3-2004, 02:07 PM   #7
Musical_Master
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Musical_Master

so it is written, so it shall be done....
Old 01-3-2004, 02:44 PM   #8
heyhey11
FFR Player

i thought it was because the oceans and water reflected that color into the sky?
Old 01-3-2004, 03:08 PM   #9
BluE_MeaniE
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to BluE_MeaniE Send a message via MSN to BluE_MeaniE

No, that's backwards.
The oceans are blue because it reflects off of the sky, and the sky is blue because of the light refracting.
Old 01-4-2004, 01:46 AM   #10
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

This was supposed to be a joke topic.

>_<
Old 01-4-2004, 01:51 AM   #11
BluE_MeaniE
FFR Player

Well, I'm sorry, Arch0wl, but I guess that just means this is a failure.
Old 01-4-2004, 01:54 AM   #12
RobbyZero
FFR Player

It just is. How hard could it be to say that?
Old 01-4-2004, 02:01 AM   #13
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Robby, er, that post of yours was pretty pointless as I can't see any possible message behind it besides agreeing with the person that posted before it, in which you could've just responded with "I agree", even then it would be pretty pointless.

Quote:
Well, I'm sorry, Arch0wl, but I guess that just means this is a failure.
No, it means people are too naive to recognize hilarity when they see it, or they actually are as stupid as the satire behind the hilarity so they're clogged up in a fog of their own stupidity and can't see it.
Old 01-4-2004, 02:14 AM   #14
BluE_MeaniE
FFR Player

This is the critical thinking forum for a reason. It's for thinking critically. It could definitely be used for science-type things like answering why the sky is blue. When you post a question like that, we figure it out. We don't assume this is a joke, because it's not supposed to be.
Old 01-4-2004, 02:23 AM   #15
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
This is the critical thinking forum for a reason. It's for thinking critically.
And?

You don't make a forum for serious things and expect everyone to be serious, because that won't happen. Such is an example of the "IS MISS CLEO FOR REAL?" topic. That is obviously a joke and VxDx made a ton of people look stupid by not realising it.

If this is a forum for "thinking critically" you would think that people would be able to get an obvious joke?
Old 01-4-2004, 02:28 AM   #16
BluE_MeaniE
FFR Player

Well, you would think that people who get obvious jokes and aren't too naive enough to recognize hilarity would be smart enough to realize that people aren't expecting any jokes, and therefore, when something comes along that could be taken as both a joke and a real question, people are going to expect it to be genuine. But apparently you aren't smart enough to realize that.

Edit: I just say a post you made to another topic in the chit chat. The jist of it said that certain topics with bad jokes should just be locked.

Well, I don't see any difference between these two, besides that fact that this forum is supposed to be devoid of bad jokes.
Old 01-4-2004, 02:56 AM   #17
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
when something comes along that could be taken as both a joke and a real question, people are going to expect it to be genuine.
It's a question usually asked by 5-8 year olds, and the original post was in all caps and had typos. How could you NOT notice it was a joke?

Quote:
Well, I don't see any difference between these two, besides that fact that this forum is supposed to be devoid of bad jokes.
Had you actually thought about this topic, it's pretty funny. This forum is generally designed for addressing conspiracy, political, scientific, or just generally serious issues. A question like "WHY IS THE SKY BLUE" is common sense and if it's not someone wanted to they could easily find it out through google.

The topic I addressed was just stupid, as "I speared Britney" is not funny in any which way.
Old 01-4-2004, 02:11 PM   #18
BluE_MeaniE
FFR Player

Bleccchh.
I don't think this is funny. Other people apparently don't think this is funny.
Therefore, if we "actually thought about this topic..." we wouldn't have found it funny.z

And how should I know you think it's common sense? Many people don't know it, and so I just assumed you didn't either. That goes the same way with other people who posted here.

But before you post again, just know that you won't get through to me, and I already know where you're coming from I just don't agree. I understand that you thought it was a pretty funny joke, and that everyone is apparently too naive to get it.
But I just don't think it was a pretty funny joke, and I don't think anyone here is too naive to get it.
Hell, I thought it might be a joke because of the first post you said. But I figured it wasn't because it's a legitimate question, and this is the critical thinking forum.

So I hope we both understand each other, and this won't go on too long.

Wow. I start too many sentences with conjunctions.
Old 01-5-2004, 11:00 PM   #19
Falcon
FFR Player

[sarcasm]you mean... the miss cleo topic wasnt for real?? i was really pondering that [/sarcasm]

posts like this make the new forum look less serious and irritate the few of us that actually like thinking rather than posting stupid pointless remarks. critically think this through... posting things like this make you look even dumber, if thats possible.

please, if you dont have a maturity level above that of a "5-8 year old," then leave.
Old 01-10-2004, 09:22 PM   #20
HNJhack
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HNJhack

sweet deal i don't have to go! ... anyways, even though thi sthread is practically dead, and it was a joke. I have an awesome theory, tha actually makes sense.

1 the sky is all different colors. A large quantity of the gases in the sky ,bout 55% are blue, which happens to be a highly dominent color( if it were a crayon it would color over most other colors). Now all bodies of water are clear.They reflect the colors from the sky, and each time they are reflected, the blue is becoming more dominent, and it is becoming lighter(because whenyou reflect something it does become lighter) it reflects at the speed of light and colors the entire sky blue.

I know this theory has some flaws, but it i smy own and i am proud of it^_^

- 無秩序の神
Closed Thread