Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2006, 11:03 AM   #21
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: War Rock

Yeah, the lag ingame is probably the thing that makes me rate it 5/10 rather than like 7.5 or 8/10. It just really kills it.
ToshX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 09:29 PM   #22
xxH03xx
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to xxH03xx

the only poeople that lag are the people from other countries and people who use dsl

xxH03xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 09:30 PM   #23
xxH03xx
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_carbo View Post
WarRock is a piece of ****.

Why?

The biggest problem is lighting. Holy ****ing **** are you kidding me? 2/3s of my screen is black half the time because the lighting sucks.

Second problem is balance. It sucks. Heavy infantry units stink. Being an engineer is too situational and slow and you'll want to stick with being a medic. And in order to have good weapons, you need to constantly be playing the game (see below).

Third problem is you can't change the controls. This sucks for me because my settings are really messed up for most games (example: I use F to reload.). Beta? Who cares, no excuse for the lack of something so important in a game.

This game is the exact opposite of a "whenever-I-feel-like-it" game.

Want a weapon? Cool. 3-30 days later it'll disappear. Then combine that with the fact primary weapons suck. The only primary weapon that doesn't completely blow is the sniper rifle.
i see non of the problems u mention.sry for the double post

Old 09-24-2006, 09:50 PM   #24
Codename46
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxH03xx View Post
the only poeople that lag are...people who use dsl
Proof please.
Codename46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 10:02 PM   #25
xxH03xx
FFR Player

well i play woth a cable connection and i never lagg.ever.if u want proof play with me.my gt is stkboris.and i never had any problems with the game cus im running on a 3000 dollar comp

Old 09-24-2006, 10:17 PM   #26
Codename46
FFR Player

Quote:
well i play woth a cable connection and i never lagg.ever.if u want proof play with me.my gt is stkboris.and i never had any problems with the game cus im running on a 3000 dollar comp
Again prove that DSL will make you lag in WR. Otherwise quit pulling crap out of your ass.

btw did you build your own comp?
Old 09-24-2006, 10:23 PM   #27
xxH03xx
FFR Player

no i got a dell xps 600.i love it sooooo much.and dsl make u lag cus its way slower then cable and u should know that

Old 09-24-2006, 10:25 PM   #28
xxH03xx
FFR Player

http://img240.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dfjpk8.png

Old 09-24-2006, 10:27 PM   #29
Codename46
FFR Player

Quote:
no i got a dell xps 600.i love it sooooo much.and dsl make u lag cus its way slower then cable and u should know that
Wow you actually bought a dell? You n00b.

First of all, you've never played WR on DSL so you can't just pull a conclusion out of your ass. Much to your ignorance, there are varied speeds of DSL. There exists DSL connections that are almost as fast in download rate than Cable and way faster upload rate. You need both good upload and download to not lag in a n online game. You should know that.

EDIT: Holy crap you use Norton too. N00b to the max.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:33 PM   #30
xxH03xx
FFR Player

whats wrong with dells.i have not had any problems with mine or any other dell i have owned and what is wrong with norton.and yes i do have experience with dsl cus wen i play at my friends house i lag like hell and wen i play at my house my ping never goes over 40

Old 09-24-2006, 10:36 PM   #31
Codename46
FFR Player

Quote:
whats wrong with dells.
They're pieces of crap.

Quote:
i have not had any problems with mine or any other dell i have owned
Take a look inside your case and notice how crappy their design is along with the bad quality of the hardware they choose.

Quote:
and what is wrong with norton.
Its a resource hog and is invasive.

Quote:
and yes i do have experience with dsl cus wen i play at my friends house i lag like hell and wen i play at my house my ping never goes over 40
Thats nothing. Again, there are varied speeds of DSL service you can purchase. Maybe your friend was a cheapass.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:41 PM   #32
xxH03xx
FFR Player

lol.whatever.my comp owns urs i bet and norton works perfectly fine and warrock is my fav game so whatever.it was fun arguing but im done for now

Old 09-24-2006, 11:07 PM   #33
Codename46
FFR Player

Quote:
lol.whatever.my comp owns urs i bet and norton works perfectly fine and warrock is my fav game so whatever.it was fun arguing but im done for now
ftl.

You got ripped off. What a nub. You don't know how to build your own.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:18 PM   #34
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Get just about any other anti-virus other than Norton and it'll find tons of crap that Norton doesn't notice. One big thing that Norton does that shows it's total crap is that sometimes I will start up a new game that is online and play for a while, then when I close it, I see a thing that popped up when I first started the game. It's always the same warning from Norton, saying something along the lines of

Quote:
WARNING, STARCRAFT.EXE IS TRYING TO ACCESS THE INTERNET! WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO?

Block (recommended)
Now let's say Starcraft or whatever game actually was a virus. It still let Starcraft access the internet and did absolutely nothing to stop it or warn me (the thing always pops up behind the games, so I don't see them until I close th game). Had it actually been malicious, Norton wouldn't have stopped it. Since getting Avast, it has stopped stuff that Norton didn't even notice, but it doesn't give me problems with legit stuff (hell, Norton once told me that some Windows application might be a virus). Avast > Norton by far.

But anywho, Carbo, I think what Tosh means is that only a couple classes, at most, should share a primary gun. In most games, the only gun that is shared by all classes on a team is the pistol/knife crap guns. Now I haven't played, but Tosh made it seem like the common gun was not just a pistol or something. But seriously Carbo, it's weird if a game has all classes using the same SMG/AR. Like, in Battlefield 2, the medic and and assault classes use the same rifle (M16 or AK74, depending on which team). Having every use the same weapons is old and boring and easy to balance, but in today's games people expect a bit more. Same way if somebody released an RTS where both sides had basically the same units *cough*warcraft1&2*cough* or a fighting game where all the fighters had the same basic moves and only differed by a couple special moves *cough*MortalKombat*cough*, beta or not, people would complain about the lack of....stuff.

PS: xxHO3xx, people tend to immediately judge character and experience on forums by your number of posts. That is the 2nd thing people look at after your post and its grammatical prowess. Codename46 has way fewer posts than you, but he makes valid arguements, has good grammar, and is generally nicer than you. Hell, some of your posts are so garbled that I can barely tell what you're saying, and I found myself skimming over them for meaning rather than reading them closely. I didn't do that with Codename's, because his posts were well-typed and more thought out. Immediately calling somebody a noob because they don't like the weapons in a game you like is, put simply, ****ing retarded.

Seriously, stop acting like an infant and discuss this **** in an adult manner before I come to your house and bitchslap some sense into you.

PPS: Given the lack of a take-over-stuff mode, I definitely won't DL the game. The main reason I like BF2, Wolfenstein: ET, and that one mode in UT2k4 is because it gives the game some more purpose and direction. Just simple deathmatches or OMG PLANT THE BOMB EVEN THOUGH NOBODY IS GONNA DO IT THEY WILL JUST SHOOT EVERYBODY LOL isn't nearly as fun to me. I like team games with team objectives because I'm a team player and can help out.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
evilbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 11:50 PM   #35
Codename46
FFR Player

I haven't touched Enemy Territory in a long time. The major advantage it had was mortars.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:23 AM   #36
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I use PC-cillin, it seems to work just fine for me.

All of the classes had a knife, a pistol, and a very similar automatic to each other, except the sniper class, and I think the rocket launcher for heavy infantry replaced the automatic for the heavy unit class. Every class had a grenade except(I think only) the medic with her medical needle thing and some class that didn't have anything else with a wrench, which is pretty useless unless you want to repair vehicles. You can even defuse bombs with just your hands in this game, either that or any class can do it, if I remember correctly.

And no one plays the objective, it's just a Team Deathmatch. If you try to plant a bomb, you get shot while attempting it. If you successfully plant it, you get shot on the way out because everyone knows where you are, then the bomb gets defused by whoever's there.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:50 AM   #37
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codename46 View Post
I haven't touched Enemy Territory in a long time. The major advantage it had was mortars.
Mortars...man, **** those things. Either I was using them and doing jack **** or one of the 1% of people that play ET that were good with mortars was raping my entire team with them. Well, until you learn to not go the same way every time, since they just fire it every ~15 seconds and kill anybody stupid enough to leave the same way. XD

And yeah Tosh, I was referring to CounterStrike in the bomb thing, not this game. I didn't realize this game had a bomb thing too, haha. But yeah, that annoys me in games, because then people who play those types of games go play objective-based games and think that just by killing a lot of people they will do good for the team. One time in BF2 some guy keep asking over his mic for ammo and I was like "dude, get off your ass and do something, stop sniping and demanding ammo from people who are actually capturing flags" and he's like "I HAVE MORE KILLS AND FEWERS DEATHS THAN YOU, SO I AM DOING THE TEAM MORE GOOD BLAHBLAHBLAH" and I tried to explain to him that I had saved dozens of people as a medic and captured points, therefore preventing ticket loss, so my deaths didn't matter, but he wasn't hearing it. It seems that even after being out for so long, people still don't know how to really play BF2. -____-

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
evilbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 02:29 PM   #38
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbutterfly View Post
And yeah Tosh, I was referring to CounterStrike in the bomb thing, not this game. I didn't realize this game had a bomb thing too, haha. But yeah, that annoys me in games, because then people who play those types of games go play objective-based games and think that just by killing a lot of people they will do good for the team. One time in BF2 some guy keep asking over his mic for ammo and I was like "dude, get off your ass and do something, stop sniping and demanding ammo from people who are actually capturing flags" and he's like "I HAVE MORE KILLS AND FEWERS DEATHS THAN YOU, SO I AM DOING THE TEAM MORE GOOD BLAHBLAHBLAH" and I tried to explain to him that I had saved dozens of people as a medic and captured points, therefore preventing ticket loss, so my deaths didn't matter, but he wasn't hearing it. It seems that even after being out for so long, people still don't know how to really play BF2. -____-
In higher levels of play in Halo 2, it's almost required to have at least one sniper during objective games. If you don't have that one sniper, people will just kill you and then complete the objective while you're respawning. Either that, or keep killing you at your spawn until time runs out. If you're on defense, people will just kill your entire team, take the flag, and return, with you spawning 10 seconds later at your base, and them running away with the flag. If you just get a sniper, you can pick off all of the people on offense one by one.

Sorry if this message doesn't make much sense, my friend was bothering me verbally and physically throughout the entire time I was typing it.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:16 PM   #39
lord_carbo
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to lord_carbo

Quote:
i see non of the problems u mention.sry for the double post
Total BS, because I know for a fact that you can't change the controls.

Quote:
But anywho, Carbo, I think what Tosh means is that only a couple classes, at most, should share a primary gun. In most games, the only gun that is shared by all classes on a team is the pistol/knife crap guns. Now I haven't played, but Tosh made it seem like the common gun was not just a pistol or something. But seriously Carbo, it's weird if a game has all classes using the same SMG/AR. Like, in Battlefield 2, the medic and and assault classes use the same rifle (M16 or AK74, depending on which team). Having every use the same weapons is old and boring and easy to balance, but in today's games people expect a bit more. Same way if somebody released an RTS where both sides had basically the same units *cough*warcraft1&2*cough* or a fighting game where all the fighters had the same basic moves and only differed by a couple special moves *cough*MortalKombat*cough*, beta or not, people would complain about the lack of....stuff.
Medics and engineers are the only class that share the exact same weapons. Like I said, engineers are really bad, so chances are you'd go for the medic. Combatants, scouts, and heavy weapons units use their own unique weapons. Granted, the variety of weapons that each class has access to is severely limited, but each class has its differences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToshX View Post
All of the classes had a knife, a pistol, and a very similar automatic to each other, except the sniper class, and I think the rocket launcher for heavy infantry replaced the automatic for the heavy unit class. Every class had a grenade except(I think only) the medic with her medical needle thing and some class that didn't have anything else with a wrench, which is pretty useless unless you want to repair vehicles. You can even defuse bombs with just your hands in this game, either that or any class can do it, if I remember correctly.

And no one plays the objective, it's just a Team Deathmatch. If you try to plant a bomb, you get shot while attempting it. If you successfully plant it, you get shot on the way out because everyone knows where you are, then the bomb gets defused by whoever's there.
1) Actually they're fists, no knives in this game.
2) Medics and engineers get SMGs, and combatants get assault rifles. Okay, not exactly the biggest difference in the world :/
3) Engineers get a wrench for repairing vehicles (totally useless), medics get the injection thing, and heavy weapons units get mines.

Quote:
PPS: Given the lack of a take-over-stuff mode, I definitely won't DL the game. The main reason I like BF2, Wolfenstein: ET, and that one mode in UT2k4 is because it gives the game some more purpose and direction. Just simple deathmatches or OMG PLANT THE BOMB EVEN THOUGH NOBODY IS GONNA DO IT THEY WILL JUST SHOOT EVERYBODY LOL isn't nearly as fun to me. I like team games with team objectives because I'm a team player and can help out.
Well, you can capture bases, but it's not like ET or anything where certain classes play certain roles: everyone can capture a base, and even then capturing bases doesn't really matter all too much. Killing others and not getting killed is what matters the most, so the game is based heavily on combat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToshX View Post
In higher levels of play in Halo 2, it's almost required to have at least one sniper during objective games. If you don't have that one sniper, people will just kill you and then complete the objective while you're respawning. Either that, or keep killing you at your spawn until time runs out. If you're on defense, people will just kill your entire team, take the flag, and return, with you spawning 10 seconds later at your base, and them running away with the flag. If you just get a sniper, you can pick off all of the people on offense one by one.

Sorry if this message doesn't make much sense, my friend was bothering me verbally and physically throughout the entire time I was typing it.
From the games I've played, sniping is always the biggest thing, or at least for your team, being a good sniper was better than being good at any other class. So far the only game I've played that isn't like that is ET, where scouts are actually really bad.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:07 PM   #40
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I forgot about fists instead of knives, but it's so similar that I'd forget that by tomorrow. Sure, in real life, it's different, but here, you can think of it as having a knife.

@The ET thing, a good sniper in ET can really tick off the opposing team, you just have to pick them off as they come along. Then again, thinking about how medics have infinite heal, field ops have an air raid, , how soldiers have awesome weaponry, and how engineers are REQUIRED to do EVERY mission, and have a nice grenade launcher/automatic in the same gun...well... covert ops don't seem as good as you'd initially think.

But it is pretty cool being able to become your enemy and plant mines. Also, it's fun to backstab your enemies, literally.