Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2006, 05:40 AM   #1
windsurfer-sp
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to windsurfer-sp
Default Improving my PA

In light of the tournament I need to be able to AAA Euphoria so i can beat "teh7". I have played FFR for a while and have never AAA'd a song.

Anyhow to PA should I screencut and rely on hitting the arrows when they apear to be right?
Should I listen to the music and screencut and try hit on the beat?
Should I have it so I can see the words perfect and good so I can tell if I am getting the right timing?

I have been practicing for a while and I will continue to practice but how should I get closer to my first AAA?
Old 09-12-2006, 08:27 AM   #2
Hachi86
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Hachi86
Default Re: Improving my PA

I would say leave the screen as it is, because if you dont then you will hit the arrows as they get to the top, which isn't as good as listening to the song and staying on beat. I haven't played Euphoria, so i dont know how the stepfile is, but you'd be better off listening to the music.

250 in the Un-Catfish Pact of 2007

Class: Spread (Sub class - ASKL)
HP: 225 (16th stream combo speed)
Strength: 190 (max jack speed)
Defense: 165 (16th jump stream speed)
Speed: 280 (pass stream speed)
Accuracy: 89 (average percent of marvs)
Stamina: 250 (consistent 16th stream survival)
Evasion: 679 (comfort scroll rate)
Hachi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:01 AM   #3
itmorr
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to itmorr

I'd try screencutting and find a place comfortable to get used to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcgator
(12:31:27 AM) jwcgator2: I got it! I'll write an auto-procrastination program!
(12:31:33 AM) jwcgator2: meh, i'll make it later
itmorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:15 AM   #4
HansSky
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HansSky

What I did was just made sure I kept a steady pulse throughout the entire song. Also, you might notice that your goods are probably going to be behind the beat in Euphoria(if you're playing exactly with the music). To remedy that, try slightly anticipating the arrows and make sure you're staying ahead of the beat. That way you'll make up for the time between you hit the key and it registers onto your computer.

Note: This is specifically for Euphoria. Some other songs the sync is created a little ahead to make up for that, so playing slightly ahead of the beat will give you goods, rather than preventing them. For whatever song you do, you really just need to figure out your tendencies and the spots you have trouble with and work on them.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:17 AM   #5
Tark
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Try to AAA something easier, first (like Trip To The Moon). Have it so you can see the Perfect, Good etc thing. Take note of when you have to press the arrow in order to get a perfect. Also, take note of when you have to press the arrow in order to get a good, average, etc.

Tapping the keys harder helps, IMO. It brings out the beat of the music.

After you feel comfortable with your timing, try screencutting so you can't see the Perfect thing pop up. Then try Euphoria.

I think it's on beat, so turn your music up as well.

56 AAA's, 98,643,347,895 black flags.
Tark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 12:15 PM   #6
stlunatic0124
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I'm ranked 6th and I sitll can't AAA ****.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:06 AM   #7
windsurfer-sp
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansSky
What I did was just made sure I kept a steady pulse throughout the entire song. Also, you might notice that your goods are probably going to be behind the beat in Euphoria(if you're playing exactly with the music). To remedy that, try slightly anticipating the arrows and make sure you're staying ahead of the beat. That way you'll make up for the time between you hit the key and it registers onto your computer.

Note: This is specifically for Euphoria. Some other songs the sync is created a little ahead to make up for that, so playing slightly ahead of the beat will give you goods, rather than preventing them. For whatever song you do, you really just need to figure out your tendencies and the spots you have trouble with and work on them.
Thanks for the advice. I have to try and work out what timing gives what result. Ill give it a shot

Ill give Superamario a shot then Trip To The Moon and then ill tackle Euphoria. I like the tapping harder idea.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:40 AM   #8
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to darkshark Send a message via MSN to darkshark Send a message via Yahoo to darkshark

another thing, try not to follow each arrow up the screen, i know alot of people do that at first, but just try and kinda stare blankly somewhere towards the top of the screen, and just let your peripheral vision do the work, and in a way it stops you from thinking about the song, and as we all know, the more you think during a song, the worse you do =/
darkshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:35 AM   #9
Dynam0
The Dominator
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

so true rofl, since yesterday I've been looking at certain patterns and whatnot, so I played silence and unfocused my eyes, it was weird cuz i wasnt thinking about the patterns i was hitting, i just...hit them...got 4 goods on it =D
Dynam0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:59 AM   #10
windsurfer-sp
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark
another thing, try not to follow each arrow up the screen, i know alot of people do that at first, but just try and kinda stare blankly somewhere towards the top of the screen, and just let your peripheral vision do the work, and in a way it stops you from thinking about the song, and as we all know, the more you think during a song, the worse you do =/
Yeah that's a pretty good idea. If thats how Dyamn0 can get 4 goods on silence then it has to be good (I still havent got down to 4 goods on Euphoria!!!)

Hansky that thing you said about the arrows being before the beat is really good. Hopefulyy I can get down to 4 goods or lower now. Thx 4 all the advice every1
Old 09-13-2006, 08:05 AM   #11
Iam_a_Maid
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer-sp
Yeah that's a pretty good idea. If thats how Dyamn0 can get 4 goods on silence then it has to be good (I still havent got down to 4 goods on Euphoria!!!)

Hansky that thing you said about the arrows being before the beat is really good. Hopefulyy I can get down to 4 goods or lower now. Thx 4 all the advice every1
But before being able to do it like Dynamo, you need to ingraine the patterns 1st that your peripheral vision immidiately recognizes them, and that comes with prolonged practice, you know what is the main differnece between good player and so so player aside from physical ability? Is how quick they read, especially large amount of arrows on screen at same time. Following the beat is great and all but in FFR that can vary due to quite a few improperly synced files.
Iam_a_Maid is offline   Reply With Quote