Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-8-2006, 10:03 PM   #41
megaxxx
FFR Player

Default Re: N. korea spazzing out.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapc...tsc/index.html

This is quoted from this story on this link

"
Meeting with his Chinese counterparts, he urged them to take a strong stand in the nuclear dispute, noting that Pyongyang had defied its only friend."

north korea does have nuclear weapons, its proven, cause they admitted it, and with our spy sats have pics of it

megaxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-8-2006, 10:57 PM   #42
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

right I apologize it appears they claim to have nuclear weapons (which doesn't necessarily mean that they do) and most agree that they have the capability, anyway, of making up to seven weapons.
talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-8-2006, 11:00 PM   #43
megaxxx
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by megaxxx

North Korea does have nuclear weapons, its proven, cause they admitted it, and with our spy sats have pics of it
They didn't inadvertantly claim, they actually said so themselves.

Old 07-8-2006, 11:05 PM   #44
talisman
Resident Penguin

Send a message via AIM to talisman

...I know that they claimed they did. That's what I just said, and I didn't use the word "inadvertently". These claims may be exaggerated. Who knows. But like I said most of the intelligence community seems to be saying that it could theoretically make up to seven weapons with the amount of enriched uranium and has the capability to do so.
talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 09:36 PM   #45
megaxxx
FFR Player

Correct. I may have misunderstood it.

Old 07-11-2006, 10:13 AM   #46
windsurfer-sp
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to windsurfer-sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiller125
They did fire one long-ranged Taepodong that sources thought was capable of hitting the western part of the United States. But failed immediatly after it was launched.

Japan stated they would consider this an act of war about a week ago. Their government is pretty upset at the moment.
You seem to metion the USA but not Australia and as a Australian im worried about N. Korea. We are on your side so N.K. dosent like us either. But then agian N.K. hates you guys alot more.

Hopefully the USA and N.K. dont start start throwing around nuclear missles because Australia is alot more likely to cop nuclear fallout.
windsurfer-sp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:43 AM   #47
zildjian133
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to zildjian133 Send a message via MSN to zildjian133 Send a message via Yahoo to zildjian133

I doubt Iran will get anywhere near nuclear capabilities considering someone mentioned that, when they finally enriched their uranium it was only by like 7% or something extremely non-threatening. As for North Korea, I doubt America will let them test their missiles properly I'm almost certain we're shooting holes into them the size of about half a foot wide, which would cripple it causing it to fall in the Sea of Japan, considering we can do this from several hundred miles away also makes me think we're shooting down their test missiles to make them look stupid and eventually give up. Their missiles are just basically one rocket stacked on top of another so that is only WWII technology and yet they can't figure it out? I'm sure their long ranged missiles would work if we let them, but why should we?
Old 07-12-2006, 12:35 AM   #48
Jbanks75
FFR Player

I'm damn sure North Korea has nuclear weapons, but they don't have technlolgy to create ICBMs. I don't think anyone has ICBMs but the US, so we're pretty safe... unless you're not the US.
Jbanks75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 03:02 PM   #49
flamingspinach
FFR Player

Ummm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
The following nations currently have operational ICBM systems: Russia, the United States, France [1], the United Kingdom, and People's Republic of China. India has IRBMs but is developing ICBMs (see ballistic missiles of India). Pakistan has IRBMs but is also researching ICBMs (see Pakistan's ballistic missiles). North Korea is believed to be developing an ICBM; two tests of somewhat different developmental missiles in 1998 and 2006 were only minimally successful.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:25 PM   #50
mrb1019
FFR Player

North Korea is flexing its military and economic muscle, showing they are capable of producing effective long range missiles (although not proved) and they have the economic means to devote resources and labor to their military efforts.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:10 PM   #51
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Right, but what do they have to gain from this? Do they expect respect and immunity from invasions?

I just assume it's something to ensure that Jong Il remains in power.
Tps222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 03:21 PM   #52
chickendude
Away from Computer

Send a message via AIM to chickendude

the numbers of nuclear missiles shown at wikipedia may or may not be true

The government has no reason to disclose the numbers. The ones there could be edited while the etrue numbers of nuclear warheads the countries control is hidden. The powerful countries would not disclose information like that freely on the internet.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:46 PM   #53
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

They are obviously estimates, I haven't read the article, but I think it looks like a realistic number.
Tps222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:29 AM   #54
flamingspinach
FFR Player

Yeah um...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
*All numbers are estimates from the Natural Resources Defense Council, published in the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, unless other references are given. If differences between active and total stockpile are known, they are given as two figures separated by a forward slash. If no specifics are known, only one figure is given. Stockpile number may not contain all intact warheads if a substantial amount of warheads are scheduled for but have not yet gone through dismantlement; not all "active" warheads are deployed at any given time. When a spread of weapons is given (e.g., 0-10), it generally indicates that the estimate is being made on the amount of fissile material which has likely been produced, and the amount of fissile material needed per warhead depends on estimates of a country's proficiency at nuclear weapon design.
Old 01-1-2007, 09:50 PM   #55
Gustavo_Brasil
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Gustavo_Brasil Send a message via MSN to Gustavo_Brasil

DONT YOU PEOPLE SEE? AMERICA`s governament lies to you!, AMERICAN GOVERNAMENTS LIES TO ALL AMERICANS but cannot hide from the world. because the world sees.
Gustavo_Brasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-1-2007, 09:52 PM   #56
Gustavo_Brasil
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Gustavo_Brasil Send a message via MSN to Gustavo_Brasil

KOREA IS JUST STOPING AMERICA FROM TRYING TO BE THE "GODs"of the world. to quit the bull**** george bush started. such as "saving the Irakian people" bull****. george bush is killing more than saddam rusein is.
Gustavo_Brasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-1-2007, 10:54 PM   #57
purebloodtexan
FFR Player

Location: In front of the speakers, banging my head until I get a nosebleed.
Send a message via AIM to purebloodtexan

Gustavo, I respect you, but that above post probably looked very unintelligent. Unless you can get a leak into the Whitehouse and get all this crap, you can't say that the American government is dishonest.

Also, you guys are making very good statements, but I have a few questions:

Why do we do things that make us seem so threatening in the first place? Are we uncomfortable with what you might call "domination"? I've heard of greed, but we really don't need these weapons as long as noone acts like complete jackasses.........which I hope doesn't happen soon.

Also, the first amendment in the Bill of Rights might be the problem to this supposed "Americans hating us". This being true, I seriously doubt that NK would launch an unprovoked attack, nor would they attack us due to an individual or a group of individuals that push the right to express themselves, only if it came from our government.

Finally, I notice that the Geneva Convention outlaws certain weaponry from all official nations. Wouldn't it be a good idea to reserve these machines of destruction for something like an oncoming asteroid? Our cosmos are being watched very closely according to my science teacher. I'd rather prevent asteroids from pounding our surface rather than using our weapons as a supposed threat.

purebloodtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-2-2007, 09:17 AM   #58
The_Q
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to The_Q Send a message via Yahoo to The_Q

North Korea is a fantastic example of national communism at its best, complete with the fascism that most leftist say that they could never support.

Q
The_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-2-2007, 09:27 AM   #59
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo_Brasil View Post
KOREA IS JUST STOPING AMERICA FROM TRYING TO BE THE "GODs"of the world. to quit the bull**** george bush started. such as "saving the Irakian people" bull****. george bush is killing more than saddam rusein is.
rofl

I agree with some of that, but you just said that in the most retarded way possible.

I also believe that North Korea won't attack us unprovoked and that their even having weapons is just a way to say "USA, don't **** with us like you did with Iraq." "Irakian"? Not quite... Try "Iraqi", and yes, the government does seem to be less than truthful at times (Remember all those evolving reasons for our invasion of Iraq? How about that torture? How about wiretapping?), but I am pretty sure that Saddam had more people killed than Iraqis have died during our invasion and occupation. The problem, however, is that Saddam killed no Americans, while the invasion has caused the deaths of many Americans.
Old 01-2-2007, 10:35 AM   #60
JasonKey
FFR Underseer
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Saddam killed no Americans, while the invasion has caused the deaths of many Americans.
Not that he didn't try

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight View Post
I will be fix this. No worries. It happened during a version upgrade.
Cheers,
Synthlight
JasonKey is offline   Reply With Quote